Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-06-2015, 06:21 AM #1
Peytpip

Bushmaster leaking out of lpr

Pulled my old bushmaster out of the closet the other day and it fired great for about half of the day. Then it developed a leak. Air is coming out of the hole in the middle of the lpr adjustment screw under the barrel. I've taken apart the lpr and relubed taken apart the grip frame and removed and relubed the valve. I can't figure it out. Anyone have any idea? Thanks.
Peytpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2015, 08:32 AM #2
Nobody609

Nobody609 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The valve wouldn't leak through the LPR. You need new orings and maybe reg seat. What lube are you using?
Nobody609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:36 PM #3
Peytpip

I usually use lurker. But I think I used the oil that I had when I actually used the gun 10 years ago. I checked out the orings and replaced any that I thought needed it. It's crazy how it's coming out of the small hole in the middle of the velocity adjustment screw.
Peytpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 03:24 AM #4
anarchyamp

anarchyamp owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
anarchyamp has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
anarchyamp supports Empire
Even o-rings that don't look visibly worn or cracked can be bad, replace them all, and re-set the pressure on the lpr below 90psi or the noid will vent pressure I believe

*AMP*
anarchyamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:46 PM #5
Nobody609

Nobody609 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Start over. Zero out both regs. Turn up hpr to about 200psi or so by the guage. Then turn up LPR till the bolt moves back. Shoot it and see what it does. If it shoots but moves slowly but no leak, then give the LPR a quarter turn. That should be where the gun needs it.

Each gun always uses what it needs. To set it off another person's exact numbers is always going to be wrong. Gauges in paintball will always be wrong, unless you are using a certified gauge that has a 1% +/-.

If you are still having a leak, then look at a possible blockage at the air transfer port(the opening is in the LPR threads). Take off the noid and LPR and blow it out(use your breathe) to see if there is something blocking it. If all that and it still does the same thing, send me the LPR at least if not the entire gun sans barrel and i will tech it for you,
Nobody609 is offline   Reply With Quote