PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-20-2012, 01:48 AM #106
spiritman
Paintball Tech

spiritman owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Recently this field has gone downhill the refs let their friends stay in even when they are shot, they have 10 year olds reffing, speedball is almost never up, there is almost never anyone in the trailer to fill up tanks. The refs are unknowledgable, and constantly on their cell phones they dont even watch the games. Teams are unfair. One game the ref didnt even count down and just yelled go. Horrible service inside my brother had a problem with his proto reflex rail and asked them what to do, they said callproto my brother said u mean call dye ( proto is a part of dye), and they said call proto. One kid had his gun chronoed at 400 and they ref didnt even care. Tahe fields are full of puddles small and falling appart. I would recomend long live paitnball about 45 minutes away if you really want to play paintball.
spiritman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2012, 11:09 AM #107
Rick@CousinsPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritman View Post
Recently this field has gone downhill the refs let their friends stay in even when they are shot, they have 10 year olds reffing, speedball is almost never up, there is almost never anyone in the trailer to fill up tanks. The refs are unknowledgable, and constantly on their cell phones they dont even watch the games. Teams are unfair. One game the ref didnt even count down and just yelled go. Horrible service inside my brother had a problem with his proto reflex rail and asked them what to do, they said callproto my brother said u mean call dye ( proto is a part of dye), and they said call proto. One kid had his gun chronoed at 400 and they ref didnt even care. Tahe fields are full of puddles small and falling appart. I would recomend long live paitnball about 45 minutes away if you really want to play paintball.
Please give us a call ASAP! 1-800-352-4007.
CousinsPaintball.com
ShopCousins.com
Rick@CousinsPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:24 PM #108
BDM_JSpade

This place has always been terrible

Its a shame because with all the space they could have some serious speedball fields... but it would need a major overhaul. Although i heard they were gonna put up a psp field. but who is going to pay nyc prices when you can go 20 minutes into jersey and play all day for 65 dollars, including air, case and all day play. They should turn this into a calverton...
BDM_JSpade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:56 PM #109
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
Played here on august 3rd which was a 5 dollar friday. Wasnt very impressed. I arrived 5 min before the place opened and when i opened the door i was greeted by a bunch of refs yelling "were not open yet." The refs didnt chrono anybody so alot of kids were running their guns hot. I have some nasty bleeding welts to prove it ( no i was not shot from up close ). The refs didnt do paint checks no matter how many times me and the other players called for them. The teams werent very balanced either. I didnt like the amount of downtime between games either. Sometimes i was waiting up to 30 min before we got to play another game. Ive been to this field about 6 times now. Every time i go im dissapointed but i say to myself "hey maybe ill give it one more chance". The only reason they get my business is because they are close by. I guess it doesnt look like i will be back for a while unless they clean their act up.

Edit: oh and i almost forgot, the guys who fill up the air tanks didnt know what they were doing. They filled my 20oz co2 tank for me and it didnt even last me one game. I had to call myself out the very FIRST game of the day because of them. Turns out the they barely filled it. Not only did this happen once, but everytime i gave it to them for a refill i could tell it was almost empty and the tank never lasted long. I had no leaks from either my gun or tank. And my gun can normally get a good 900 shots before running out of air. Not the 200 i was getting when the staff ar cousins filled my tank fot me.

Last edited by Danny96211 : 08-04-2012 at 01:03 AM.
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:58 AM #110
Nowayout24
F.E.A.R

Nowayout24 is playing at Living Legends V
Nowayout24 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Nowayout24 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nowayout24 supports Team VICIOUS
Nowayout24 supports Pev's Paintball
Nowayout24 is attending Decay of Nations VI
you are 100% correct sir, While I like the field because it is so close by, the field has a lot of problems. None of the refs paintcheck, I could sit there screaming for 20 mins "REF CHECK HIM" and the ref will stand there and look at me like i'm stupid. Most of the people that come here wipe because they know the refs dont care and they can get away with it.

some of the refs are cool but most of them are just kids who dont give a damn. (most of the refs are 16,17... )

The turnarounds for games are ATROCIOUS, the ref will scream out 5 minutes and 30 minutes later I will still be sitting there waiting to play.

There is also a big chrono problem, none of the refs even check to see if anyone is firing hot, chrono is not enforced whatsoever

They also dont give team discounted prices.... (I come for recball since there is no speeball field right now, but I still come with my team)
Why should I come with my team and pay 80 bucks where I can go to jersey and play for 50, and also have refs that care and have fields that are actually taken care of

PS : I brought my friends who have never played paintball before for a day of fun. They were all seriously turned off of the sport after constant bonus balling, wiping and guns firing hot. My friend got lit up in the back and was bleeding pretty badly, we had to get paper towels and clean it up.

Last edited by Nowayout24 : 08-04-2012 at 01:06 AM.
Nowayout24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:37 AM #111
Rick@CousinsPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDM_JSpade View Post
Its a shame because with all the space they could have some serious speedball fields... but it would need a major overhaul. Although i heard they were gonna put up a psp field. but who is going to pay nyc prices when you can go 20 minutes into jersey and play all day for 65 dollars, including air, case and all day play. They should turn this into a calverton...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny96211 View Post
Played here on august 3rd which was a 5 dollar friday. Wasnt very impressed. I arrived 5 min before the place opened and when i opened the door i was greeted by a bunch of refs yelling "were not open yet." The refs didnt chrono anybody so alot of kids were running their guns hot. I have some nasty bleeding welts to prove it ( no i was not shot from up close ). The refs didnt do paint checks no matter how many times me and the other players called for them. The teams werent very balanced either. I didnt like the amount of downtime between games either. Sometimes i was waiting up to 30 min before we got to play another game. Ive been to this field about 6 times now. Every time i go im dissapointed but i say to myself "hey maybe ill give it one more chance". The only reason they get my business is because they are close by. I guess it doesnt look like i will be back for a while unless they clean their act up.

Edit: oh and i almost forgot, the guys who fill up the air tanks didnt know what they were doing. They filled my 20oz co2 tank for me and it didnt even last me one game. I had to call myself out the very FIRST game of the day because of them. Turns out the they barely filled it. Not only did this happen once, but everytime i gave it to them for a refill i could tell it was almost empty and the tank never lasted long. I had no leaks from either my gun or tank. And my gun can normally get a good 900 shots before running out of air. Not the 200 i was getting when the staff ar cousins filled my tank fot me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout24 View Post
you are 100% correct sir, While I like the field because it is so close by, the field has a lot of problems. None of the refs paintcheck, I could sit there screaming for 20 mins "REF CHECK HIM" and the ref will stand there and look at me like i'm stupid. Most of the people that come here wipe because they know the refs dont care and they can get away with it.

some of the refs are cool but most of them are just kids who dont give a damn. (most of the refs are 16,17... )

The turnarounds for games are ATROCIOUS, the ref will scream out 5 minutes and 30 minutes later I will still be sitting there waiting to play.

There is also a big chrono problem, none of the refs even check to see if anyone is firing hot, chrono is not enforced whatsoever

They also dont give team discounted prices.... (I come for recball since there is no speeball field right now, but I still come with my team)
Why should I come with my team and pay 80 bucks where I can go to jersey and play for 50, and also have refs that care and have fields that are actually taken care of

PS : I brought my friends who have never played paintball before for a day of fun. They were all seriously turned off of the sport after constant bonus balling, wiping and guns firing hot. My friend got lit up in the back and was bleeding pretty badly, we had to get paper towels and clean it up.

Thank you all for the feedback. Without it, we can't make things better! I believe I spoke with one of you guys today on the phone. All of this will be forwarded to management immediately!
CousinsPaintball.com
ShopCousins.com
Rick@CousinsPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:13 PM #112
DuckDownItsPaint

DuckDownItsPaint has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Never been to Cousins Staten Island and don't plan to. It's for the exact reasons mentioned above. A coworker of mine lives 5 minutes from there and he doesn't even want to play there. Only time he ever goes is to test out tweaks to his equipment. He drives all the way to Jersey to play instead.
DuckDownItsPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:13 PM #113
loujack526
New Jersey Nightmare

trust me , its becoming a better field , I volonteer on a regular basis. I just hope cousins corparate will use there heads and put a real PSP field in staten island , i can show a list of teams that would go and play every weekend , and i would volonteer my own time every weekend , like i do now , to help cut grass, level it out , and grid the field ,a s well as wash the bunkers. Can make soo much more money ,and will give it such a better name , hope this helped.
Rotor
68/45
d4/d5
loujack526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:28 AM #114
BonusBaller04
#DERVRUINSEVERYTHING

BonusBaller04 is a Supporting Member
BonusBaller04 works for a Paintball manufacturer
BonusBaller04 plays in the USPL
BonusBaller04 plays in the PSP
BonusBaller04 plays in the APPA D1 division
Hey guys this is Christ from LIFT, we are a divisonal paintball organization that has been around for a number of years now. I would really like you guys to give the field another chance. These guys are doing all they can to ensure that you, the player, has a great experience. I know that Rick has already brought the above mentioned concerns to the management. I am lucky enough to have been included on some of the conversation for what they have planned for the woods there and let me just say it will be worth the wait. Keep in mind that the cousins group changed the management at this field recently, not that that other party did a bad job, but they had very different visions. so please guys have some patience while we grow this park into something great.
IPS/Planet Eclipse /UNDERSTOOD/PAINTBALL ARENA/PB187/KM/SPINE
SUPPORT THE MAPL

Trendy News PROPAINTBALL.COM

Last edited by BonusBaller04 : 08-16-2012 at 09:31 AM.
BonusBaller04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:36 PM #115
DuckDownItsPaint

I'll revise my decision should my coworker attest to changes at the staten island field.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:01 PM #116
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Sounds good. I really want to love this field, being that it is my local field, but in its current status, i just can't. Hopefully these changes that you speak of will change my mind. My biggest concern is chronoing players before they are allowed to play. Not having a working chronograph at the field is a big no no. I have some nasty scars from the last time i went. I would also like the refs to do a better job. Im not really concerned about the fields because they are decent. Im more concerned about how the field is run.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:34 PM #117
Nowayout24
F.E.A.R

Nowayout24 is playing at Living Legends V
Nowayout24 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Nowayout24 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nowayout24 supports Team VICIOUS
Nowayout24 supports Pev's Paintball
Nowayout24 is attending Decay of Nations VI
I agree with the above poster...I want to love the field, I would rather travel 15 minutes and support my local field (when playing rec ball and just playing with my friends) than go 40-60 mins over the bridge to play in jersey.

If there is a turnaround with the way it is run and they get speedball up I have no problem coming back
Nowayout24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:45 AM #118
orangelacrosse

cousins needs to make paint price cheaper especially to compete with long live paintball
orangelacrosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:22 PM #119
DuckDownItsPaint

Not gonna lie, the price of a case of cousins paint does kind of sting. :X
Old 08-21-2012, 11:57 PM #120
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

I agree, ^^^ paint is very expensive here. I wouldnt mind if admission were cheaper though. Oh well
Old 08-22-2012, 12:27 PM #121
ProtoSkillz

They should find a way to have lights installed around the speedball field for night time games.

You guys are right paint is really pricey
ProtoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:33 AM #122
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoSkillz View Post
They should find a way to have lights installed around the speedball field for night time games.

You guys are right paint is really pricey
I think they do have lights around the speedball field, or at least they used to. Last summer they had nighttime speedball games every Wednesday.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:21 PM #123
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

does anyone know if the airball field is up yet? im dying to play some airball. Do the refs let walk ons play airball?
Old 09-29-2012, 09:46 PM #124
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

I went to play at this field today for a few hours. I must say, things have gotten better. The above posters who said that they are trying to improve things are right. The refs actually do paint checks now, I dont have to wait 30 minutes between games (more like 10-15 min. now) and they have a working chrono. However, i do have one complaint. There were a lot of kids there that were ramping. I know for a fact that ramping at this field isn't allowed. You could easily tell that they were ramping and the refs didn't say anything to them. It pissed me off that i would get sprayed with 5 paintballs at once because they were shooting so fast. Especially when i would call myself out and they would overshoot me really bad. That happened once and the ref just looked at me and didn't say anything to the guys who kept shooting me while i had my hands up. I noticed that they had a chrono there, but i don't think they chronoed anyone so people could have been shooting hot. I know they didn't chrono me at least. They would only fill my hpa tank to 3k which is something i also noticed while i was there. Despite those couple of problems, i enjoyed myself there alot more then in the past. This field is definitely improving. All it needs now is a speedball field.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:20 PM #125
DuckDownItsPaint

You've got a lot more patience than me. If I were already out and consistently getting bonus balled because they were ramping, I would've ended up ignoring all the hits while moving towards them and hit them in the face with my tank as if it were a buttstock on a rifle.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:28 PM #126
JoeMcNugget
USMC

JoeMcNugget plays in the PSP
JoeMcNugget owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
JoeMcNugget plays in the APPA D4 division
JoeMcNugget has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny96211 View Post
I went to play at this field today for a few hours. I must say, things have gotten better. The above posters who said that they are trying to improve things are right. The refs actually do paint checks now, I dont have to wait 30 minutes between games (more like 10-15 min. now) and they have a working chrono. However, i do have one complaint. There were a lot of kids there that were ramping. I know for a fact that ramping at this field isn't allowed. You could easily tell that they were ramping and the refs didn't say anything to them. It pissed me off that i would get sprayed with 5 paintballs at once because they were shooting so fast. Especially when i would call myself out and they would overshoot me really bad. That happened once and the ref just looked at me and didn't say anything to the guys who kept shooting me while i had my hands up. I noticed that they had a chrono there, but i don't think they chronoed anyone so people could have been shooting hot. I know they didn't chrono me at least. They would only fill my hpa tank to 3k which is something i also noticed while i was there. Despite those couple of problems, i enjoyed myself there alot more then in the past. This field is definitely improving. All it needs now is a speedball field.
As far as the ramping goes, All modes are allowed at Cousins Paintball except Full Auto. I've always played on PSP mode while at Cousins Paintball locations.