Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-13-2009, 07:20 PM #64
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

WhiteRiverPaintball is playing at Living Legends V
WhiteRiverPaintball posts videos on PbNation
First off, Our count was higher than 150, though not what we expected. And yes, a good portion because of the rain (a LOT of rain). We were expecting more walk-ons than we had."
ok ill take that one as an acceptable >>excuse<<

324 players - official player count

500 players was our target - 700 our maximum capacity considering referees, air and paint.

"Secondly, for those that came very far and paid a lot of money, I didnt realize it was solely for the swag, and not the game. Last time I checked, we were a paintball field, not a radio station. So, what you're telling me is that a STICKER would have made all the difference? Right."
My point wasnt for stickers, my point was why bother giving anything at all?

3 X7 markers
5 Alpha black markers
100 pods
100 squeegies
8 48/3k compressed air tanks
10 empire belt packs
50 us army mugs
1 year membership
10 field passes

Just to name a few items given away at the awards/prize ceremony.

no where to sit???? 55 dollars for entry and 69 for paint you guys could knock a tree over or something...

We had multiple picnic tables/spools in the staging area that were empty, and the restrooms inside the building were pretty empty all day. In fact, last event we had about 300 players - no port-o-john - and no issues with the restrooms.

Our facility is growing and will experience growing pains here and there. The great part about our facility is that we learn from our past events and improve as necessary.

Too bad about the lightning. The frustrating part about the event was bring the players off the field after starting the game 20 minutes prior. However, we'd rather do that than risk a player getting hit by a lightning strike.
White River Paintball Field is over 100 acres of urban, woodsball and scenario paintball, located in the Indianapolis, Indiana metro area. WRP also features an on-site pro-shop, 10 acre camping area, epic scenario events and over a dozen playing fields including multiple aircraft, two-story towers, multi-acre city, forts, military vehicles, jungle huts, deep woods and more!

Upcoming Scenario Event Schedule:
* Age of Conquest July 11th, 12th & 13th, 2014 *
* Mob Wars - November 7th, 8th & 9th, 2014 *
Join us on Facebook

Last edited by WhiteRiverPaintball : 07-13-2009 at 07:36 PM.
WhiteRiverPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:33 PM #65
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilD View Post
Yea, kinda have to agree with Matt. Shooting off field is a very big no-no and you really wouldn't have been wrong to have asked them to leave. But I believe that most fields would have explained the rules and let it go. But when you decided to turn on the large group of hardcore paintballers that were in the area you were "preaching to the choir". We all KNOW that shooting off field is wrong and since we were'nt doing it we really didn't need to be lectured like children. With everyone soaked, broke (come on $69.00 a case???) and disappointed that their General left and the game was more like walkon woodsball than scenario format, it was the one last aggravation that will make me question a return trip.
I'm sorry if anyone disrespected you. It was a very stressful day for all of us. Our staff had many hundreds of man hours put into this event and to have it rain was very disappointing but, nevertheless, out of our control.

We did cope to the best of our ability by appointing a new German command staff that was able to rack up a respectable amount of points in the afternoon and on Sunday.

We will focus a few more staff on the camping/staging area next event to ensure that we don't have players discharging their markers in that area.

Again, I apologize for any disrespectful statements made on the field/staging to players not responsible for wanton abuse.
White River Paintball Field is over 100 acres of urban, woodsball and scenario paintball, located in the Indianapolis, Indiana metro area. WRP also features an on-site pro-shop, 10 acre camping area, epic scenario events and over a dozen playing fields including multiple aircraft, two-story towers, multi-acre city, forts, military vehicles, jungle huts, deep woods and more!

Join us on Facebook

Last edited by WhiteRiverPaintball : 07-13-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:48 PM #66
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

On a different note

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to all of the players who came out and braved the weather on Saturday morning. Luckily the weather on Saturday afternoon and Sunday was much better.

Pictures of the event will be posted on the website soon. We had about 5,000 total pics taken.

See you guys in October at Stalingrad!

Join us on Facebook
Old 07-13-2009, 08:10 PM #67
Cramps

Looks like my other post didn't post.

The summary is:
1) Buy paint for $55 at most
2) Sell for $60
3) ???
4) Profit

1) Host big scenario
2) $40 for entry
3) ???
4) Profit

1) Keep around Xavier and Tyler
2) Make them General and XO
3) ???
4) Ownage

Tyler and Xavier wrestle bears, eat them alive and raw, and use their fur as coats

Had more stuff but **** it. I'm a ****** member.

and Ben, were your parents at the field Saturday morning with their dog? I stayed up all night and had to piss and they let me use the bathroom and talked to them for alittle bit. Very nice.
Cramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:03 PM #68
Xfactor1331
Proving Grounds Or Die.

Xfactor1331 plays in the PSP
Xfactor1331 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Xfactor1331 plays in the APPA D3 division
HAHAHAHA

I like that guy ^

I hope you had a great time man
Xfactor1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:18 PM #69
Xfactor1331
Proving Grounds Or Die.

GERMANY WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT DAY
Old 07-13-2009, 10:21 PM #70
fathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRiverPaintball View Post
On a different note

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to all of the players who came out and braved the weather on Saturday morning. Luckily the weather on Saturday afternoon and Sunday was much better.

Pictures of the event will be posted on the website soon. We had about 5,000 total pics taken.

See you guys in October at Stalingrad!
Only 46 pics of Saturday play and 71 for Friday registration???

Seems odd for the longest day of play to have the least pics.

I am not a Repubican because I grew up rich. I am a Republican because I didn't want to spend the rest of my life poor... waiting for the goverment to rescue me!!!
fathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:34 PM #71
TylerC91

TylerC91 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cramps View Post
1) Keep around Xavier and Tyler
2) Make them General and XO
3) ???
4) Ownage

Tyler and Xavier wrestle bears, eat them alive and raw, and use their fur as coats.
Hi, we're best friends now, k?

K.
TylerC91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:03 AM #72
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathius View Post
Only 46 pics of Saturday play and 71 for Friday registration???

Seems odd for the longest day of play to have the least pics.
The pictures in the photo gallery are a small portion of total pictures that were taken.

As was said earlier, the rest (about 5,000 total) will be posted within the next few days. We want to go through and remove duplicates and such.

Join us on Facebook
Old 07-14-2009, 07:05 AM #73
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cramps View Post
and Ben, were your parents at the field Saturday morning with their dog? I stayed up all night and had to piss and they let me use the bathroom and talked to them for alittle bit. Very nice.
Not sure exactly who that was (maybe them), but we do have some very friendly people at the field.

Oh, and FYI the pro-shop was/is open 24 hours for all players to use - men's and women's flush restrooms inside.

Join us on Facebook
Old 07-14-2009, 01:46 PM #74
Xfactor1331
Proving Grounds Or Die.

id like to thank everyone who was went while there we more know and bigger games in the northwest area such as the monster game but yet you guys still came and stuck it out with us at wrp Thank you very much
Old 07-14-2009, 04:32 PM #75
DevilD
Devil Dog

I would like to shout out a big hoo-rah to the refs and staff. The refs were as wet (or wetter) than the rest of us but they were out doing their jobs and doing them well. I really appreciated the refs that roamed the camps during down time for some chat. Your place has great potential. Remain open to the suggestions from your players, incorporate the best of them and you should have a top notch facility.
DevilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:30 PM #76
DELuxemoDEL
DELuxe_moDEL

Why can't I win an X7?

I must agree with DevilD. The reffing staff is among the best I have seen. I have been playing for many years, and have played at several facilities. Kudos to all involved with that! The paint price does not make one happy, but ANY time money leaves me I am unhappy. The weather definately sucked *** ***** *** ****** ****. Really bad. But who can we blame for that? Chuck Loftin or God I guess. I'll go with Chuck. I really liked the layout and design of the field. I really didn't like the final battle. I didn't like the single shot elimination thing. I also didn't like the fact that it was over so fast. I could complain that I got shot within the first five minutes, but it only lasted five minutes! lol! I think that at the end of it all, it would be more fun to just keep re-inserting. Might as well burn up that paint on the field before we go. I will end by saying that I do intend to play at the next scenario in Oct. I have played at all of them WR has hosted, and this one only experienced a couple of minor hiccups imo. Keep up the good work guys!
DELuxemoDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:32 PM #77
DELuxemoDEL
DELuxe_moDEL

Oh... on a PS note. The replacement Generals for the German side did a superb job! Jawohl!!
Old 07-14-2009, 09:29 PM #78
fathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELuxemoDEL View Post
Oh... on a PS note. The replacement Generals for the German side did a superb job! Jawohl!!
I will follow any leader that carries only a STICK and pushes the allies arses all the way back!!!

Bring back YODA as the German leader!!!

I am not a Repubican because I grew up rich. I am a Republican because I didn't want to spend the rest of my life poor... waiting for the goverment to rescue me!!!
fathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:45 AM #79
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

Quote:
But who can we blame for that? Chuck Loftin or God I guess. I'll go with Chuck.
That's the truth!

Yes, we will be revamping/refining some items for the next event. The final battle was a bit anti-climactic.

Expect even more improvements for the October Battle for Stalingrad event.

Join us on Facebook
Old 07-15-2009, 10:54 AM #80
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

Oh, and here's the link for the photos:

www.beyondphotos.net

Caution: There's about 5,000 of them

Join us on Facebook
Old 07-15-2009, 12:14 PM #81
JeSTeR_1269
Air Assault!

Quote:
I really didn't like the final battle. I didn't like the single shot elimination thing. I also didn't like the fact that it was over so fast. I could complain that I got shot within the first five minutes, but it only lasted five minutes! lol! I think that at the end of it all, it would be more fun to just keep re-inserting. Might as well burn up that paint on the field before we go.
You can put the blame squarely on my shoulders on that one. That format worked pretty well for Bastogne...not so much for Normandy. I'll be heavily reconsidering my format for Stalingrad and I can personally assure you that it will NOT be like that.

I've got some pretty good ideas for stalingrad already, so the game should be pretty awesome. I look forward to seeing you all there

Every Day I'm Hoverin
JeSTeR_1269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:42 PM #82
DELuxemoDEL
DELuxe_moDEL

Chicken Monkeys loose from local zoo!

Well done Jester, you get one official "Kudos" point from me for stepping up to the plate! They're not worth much, and the only place I've found that will redeem them is in Bagladesh... but still, one has been credited to your account. Mistakes are made on a daily basis by us all, but it is rare that anyone wants to own them and assure to fix them. Still not happy with paint prices, but I am (somewhat) appeased by the fact that the extra $ might be going to pay for the service provided by the team @ WR.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:26 PM #83
pbva
I'm not wearing any pants

Not to beat a dead horse, but please try to have better paint. And no velocity or weather excuses. I hit more then one person on the shoulder, mask, and one on the gun from less then 30' and the ball did not break. The last private group I brought ran into the same issue. Spent a month talking up WRP only to spend all week apologizing for the paint.

All and all I had a great time. The refs were top notch as always and the first game was great. I would have had fewer bunkers for the allies as they got close to the flags but that is a minor issue. I left at lunch on Saturday so not sure how the rest of the day went.

Also you quote over 300+ but was that for the weekend, not for Saturday. I would put that number closer to 150 then 300.

I have a few suggestions for Oct. but want to see how many I can come up with before I throw them out there.
pbva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:54 PM #84
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbva View Post
Also you quote over 300+ but was that for the weekend, not for Saturday. I would put that number closer to 150 then 300.
Saturday was over 300. We only had 12 players walk on during Sunday.

As far as the paint, we'll continue to work on the formula. We can't make it too soft or the cyclone feeds will tear it up, however we can't make it too hard for the same reason you're stating.

Join us on Facebook
ReplyRegional Ups