Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 04-13-2009, 08:03 AM #43
ihatekorea79
Thats not 12 inches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRiverPaintball View Post
I appreciate your feedback. I agree about the last batch of paint at the scenario. The marbalizer that we used was not our field paint, but event paint from Kee. However, it is our responsibility to maintain a high level of quality of paintballs, and we have voiced our distaste of the last batch of paint to Kee.

But, I would like to point out that we did buy the highest quality of paint that we could get - Marbalizer - for the event. The regular field paint we use is a evil/marb shell with a premium fill that comes in an RPS premium box. We have to have the paint custom made for environmental reasons (100% + no titanium dioxide... aka white coloring agent found in 99% of paint).

As far as the case pricing, the reason why we have it as such is because most of the players that play here do not shoot a case of paint. Most players shoot about 500-700 paintballs in a day. They split a case with 4 people at $74 and pay about $18.50 per person for a day's worth of paint. If most of our customers shot a case of paint, we could do the numbers differently.

The membership is an option for players. With the membership you'll receive free entry/air/equipment and $15 off every case automatically ($69 per case).

Again, I appreciate the feedback and I don't see the posts as flames in the slightest.
Its great to see a field that can admit its short comings. Most owners would come on this thread and see some of the things being voiced and get very deffensive, its glad to see that you are taking it like we have meant it, as constructive criticism (hope thats spelled right). Glad you have spoke with Kee as well, are you using the same paint for the Normandy event? Like I said, the paint was disapointing but you guys more than made up for it in other areas! I can handle the paint issues, when you have refs on the field taking shots for hours on end to make sure fair calls were made throughout the event! Again, great job on the last scenario and as I said before, despite the paint issues I experienced I WILL be back for Normandy!!! Saw the sneak peak of the beach and its going to be nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddkutt View Post
So most of your players shoot only 500-700 paintballs and they just split a case 4 ways and its only $18.50 a case...Could it be that a player only shoots 500-700 paintballs because the case cost $84? You see...it numbers work both ways.

I will tell you, like I told you before. Paint cost in the #1 consideration for most players. Entry fees are entry fees...but whether the field is BYOP or FPO plays a huge part...Even more so when its FPO and the price is $84 a case.

Just to give you a little market research to think about. Here are the paint prices of the other fields in your area.

Indy Acres $65 per case
Proving Grounds $50 per case
Paintball Indiana $54 per case

Even WITH the membership, you are still the most expensive on paint. I would guest thats why you may not be getting the core players to visit.
I totally understand where you are coming from, but I also understand where WR is coming from as well. I have never been to any of the fields you listed above, but what style of play and player do they cater to? I had the same mentality as you (and not saying you are wrong by any means) until I read a thread in the Field Owners section about a field in Canada that does things similarly to White River. They did have crazy high paint prices, somewhere around $150 a case if I remember right, and people were complaining. But as the owner explained it, he made more money this way, because he would get mostly newer players and they would come back because of the experience they had. If a first time player can get out and play and enjoy themselves, they will come back! That is what it seems to me that White River is doing.

White River - Do you have any numbers that show the percentage of first time players that return to your field for a second, third (and so on) time?

I played at White River for the Bastogne scenario, my first time there. As you can see above, I had some issues with paint. Despite the issues, the ammount of service they gave as well as the gameplay, I am going back again. The prices in no way impacted my decision to play their the first time, nor this next time either. I did want to voice my oppinion on the paint and they have given a suitable answer. It all comes down to personal prefference I suppose. I would rather pay a little extra and make sure everyone involved has a safe and enjoyable time, than save a little money playing somewhere else.
Sumo #93
Killing For
ihatekorea79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2009, 10:18 AM #44
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

WhiteRiverPaintball is playing at Living Legends V
WhiteRiverPaintball posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatekorea79 View Post
Its great to see a field that can admit its short comings. Most owners would come on this thread and see some of the things being voiced and get very deffensive, its glad to see that you are taking it like we have meant it, as constructive criticism (hope thats spelled right). Glad you have spoke with Kee as well, are you using the same paint for the Normandy event? Like I said, the paint was disapointing but you guys more than made up for it in other areas! I can handle the paint issues, when you have refs on the field taking shots for hours on end to make sure fair calls were made throughout the event! Again, great job on the last scenario and as I said before, despite the paint issues I experienced I WILL be back for Normandy!!! Saw the sneak peak of the beach and its going to be nuts!!!

I totally understand where you are coming from, but I also understand where WR is coming from as well. I have never been to any of the fields you listed above, but what style of play and player do they cater to? I had the same mentality as you (and not saying you are wrong by any means) until I read a thread in the Field Owners section about a field in Canada that does things similarly to White River. They did have crazy high paint prices, somewhere around $150 a case if I remember right, and people were complaining. But as the owner explained it, he made more money this way, because he would get mostly newer players and they would come back because of the experience they had. If a first time player can get out and play and enjoy themselves, they will come back! That is what it seems to me that White River is doing.

White River - Do you have any numbers that show the percentage of first time players that return to your field for a second, third (and so on) time?

I played at White River for the Bastogne scenario, my first time there. As you can see above, I had some issues with paint. Despite the issues, the ammount of service they gave as well as the gameplay, I am going back again. The prices in no way impacted my decision to play their the first time, nor this next time either. I did want to voice my oppinion on the paint and they have given a suitable answer. It all comes down to personal prefference I suppose. I would rather pay a little extra and make sure everyone involved has a safe and enjoyable time, than save a little money playing somewhere else.
We don't want people to shoot a case of paint.

We want players to shoot 500 paintballs in a day. We are a recreational/scenario field. We do not cater to speedball play because there are multiple fields in this area that do it quite well.

We had over 200 players out on Saturday - most of them open play. Most of them were first time players. We want them to play in games where they feel comfortable and not beat up on. That's why we usually separate the beginners from the experienced players in open play when we see fit.

During the scenarios, I saw a bunch of guys buy half a case for the weekend. They used the first 500 in the first hour of the game with their mech/electro gun, and then switched to pump the rest of the weekend. Needless to say, they had a great time the whole weekend.

As far as the scenario paint, we will not be using the same paint from Kee. We are going to have a custom run made and will be using the paint for about a 4 weekends beforehand to ensure that everything is up to snuff.

------------------------

One more thing. If you check our website, you'll find that we do have special play days with discounts throughout the year. Here's some of the upcoming play days with discounts. All of the information can be found on the website about 2 weeks before the event.

Mother's Day - Mothers get free field entry and equipment with child's paid entry

Memorial Day - Get 500 paintballs free with your paid entry

Father's Day - Dads get free field entry and equipment with child's paid entry

July 4th - Active and reserve military personnel, active duty police, firefighters, and EMT's get free field entry and rental gear with valid ID.

August 2nd - Anniversary special - Get field entry, equipment, all day air, and 500 paintballs for only $20

Labor Day - Get 500 paintballs free with your paid entry

Just as a reminder, all specials require pre-registration at least 24 hrs in advance, except for the July 4th special. Open Play only. Group leader benefits don't apply.
White River Paintball Field is over 100 acres of urban, woodsball and scenario paintball, located in the Indianapolis, Indiana metro area. WRP also features an on-site pro-shop, 10 acre camping area, epic scenario events and over a dozen playing fields including multiple aircraft, two-story towers, multi-acre city, forts, military vehicles, jungle huts, deep woods and more!

Upcoming Scenario Event Schedule:

* Battle for Chicago: Mafia Wars - November 7th, 8th & 9th, 2014 *
* Jungle Run: Blood Diamonds - March 20th, 21st & 22nd, 2015*
* Summer 2015 Scenario Event - July 17th, 18th & 19th, 2015 *
Join us on Facebook
WhiteRiverPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:01 AM #45
MrDogg

Quote:

Bastogne scenario was the first time the Hustlers were at WhiteRiver. You can talk paint all you want good, bad or just terrible but what makes the game a good time is how safe it is for the player and how the owners treat you.

The Refs were some of the best I have seen in the last few years and we travel all over the country to play.

Keep up the good work WR we will be back again.

We are who we thought we were !!
Motocross jersey wearing pimp shooting bastards!!
MrDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:13 PM #46
ihatekorea79
Thats not 12 inches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDogg View Post
Bastogne scenario was the first time the Hustlers were at WhiteRiver. You can talk paint all you want good, bad or just terrible but what makes the game a good time is how safe it is for the player and how the owners treat you.

The Refs were some of the best I have seen in the last few years and we travel all over the country to play.

Keep up the good work WR we will be back again.
I totally agree... I was just using the paint as an example to help me prove how important safety and service were to me. Sorry if it confused anyone. I am totally with you, best refs I honestly have ever seen.
Sumo #93
Killing For
ihatekorea79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:53 PM #47
CON*RAD
Infinity Legend

Annual Supporting Member
CON*RAD is playing at Living Legends VI
CON*RAD owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CON*RAD is for the Gunfight
Quote:
I totally agree... I was just using the paint as an example to help me prove how important safety and service were to me. Sorry if it confused anyone. I am totally with you, best refs I honestly have ever seen.
I agree, you guys had great refs and they worked their tails off to keep the game fair and safe. A prime example was when we had an accident (sunday) due to an injury. You guys got everyone to stop shooting and cleared the area in a matter of seconds, That was amazing work, by far the best refs I have seen, they all deserved a pair of e-vents .

Dont take my previous post about paint costs harshly. I was just stating my oppinion because its hard for a kid my age to pay for that without having a job. I am looking forward to future scenario games at White River paintball, I had an absolute blast at Bastogne and I am plaining on bringing a large group (maybe even a team) to Normandy to enjoy the fun as well.
Deception Family #13
Check out my marker sale! Luxe, vapor, pm8 and etek inside-
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post83620681
CLEAN DARK SFT shocker-
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4401250
CON*RAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:12 PM #48
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by CON*RAD View Post
Dont take my previous post about paint costs harshly. I was just stating my oppinion because its hard for a kid my age to pay for that without having a job. I am looking forward to future scenario games at White River paintball, I had an absolute blast at Bastogne and I am plaining on bringing a large group (maybe even a team) to Normandy to enjoy the fun as well.
I totally understand.

See you at the next event.
White River Paintball Field is over 100 acres of urban, woodsball and scenario paintball, located in the Indianapolis, Indiana metro area. WRP also features an on-site pro-shop, 10 acre camping area, epic scenario events and over a dozen playing fields including multiple aircraft, two-story towers, multi-acre city, forts, military vehicles, jungle huts, deep woods and more!

Join us on Facebook
Old 05-09-2009, 05:56 PM #49
pbva
I'm not wearing any pants

Any pictures of the D-Day field?
pbva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:52 PM #50
JeSTeR_1269
Air Assault!

A few. I have posted them on our facebook page. More to come as we get closer to the event. I can't give away all our secrets all at once can I? No. I think not. (bribes are completely acceptable.)

Every Day I'm Hoverin
JeSTeR_1269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 03:51 PM #51
Hobodictator
Love me some Piglet

Hobodictator owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Hobodictator is an NCPA player
Hobodictator plays in the APPA D5 division
Hobodictator has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
is it FPO on the target range also?
Hobodictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:41 AM #52
CON*RAD
Infinity Legend

Annual Supporting Member
CON*RAD is playing at Living Legends VI
CON*RAD owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
There are some pics of the landing crafts on the other website. I get in trouble for saying the site for some reason. So if you dont know the site pm me lol.

It will be a blast, Germans for the win!
Deception Family #13
Check out my marker sale! Luxe, vapor, pm8 and etek inside-
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post83620681
CLEAN DARK SFT shocker-
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4401250
CON*RAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:33 PM #53
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

If you sign up for the newsletter you'll get updates/pics of the field.

Join us on Facebook
Old 06-16-2009, 06:36 AM #54
pbva
I'm not wearing any pants

Three big game questions:

What is the current team ratio?

I have no been to a big game since fall 08, our team had one medic who hung out with his two friends the whole day. This only benefited these three players. Do you have plans to either have more medics, or flag that represent medic stations (respawns)?

That same big game in fall 08, our captain wore all gray gear and carried a Mini. Is this same player going to be a captain and if so which team? Not knocking the other captain but this chap seemed to know the field and tactics.
pbva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:49 AM #55
Hobodictator
Love me some Piglet

Hobodictator owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Hobodictator is an NCPA player
Hobodictator plays in the APPA D5 division
Hobodictator has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbva View Post
That same big game in fall 08, our captain wore all gray gear and carried a Mini. Is this same player going to be a captain and if so which team? Not knocking the other captain but this chap seemed to know the field and tactics.
he is also the captain of the staff too, if you get what im sayin
Hobodictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:08 AM #56
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbva View Post
Three big game questions:

What is the current team ratio?

I have no been to a big game since fall 08, our team had one medic who hung out with his two friends the whole day. This only benefited these three players. Do you have plans to either have more medics, or flag that represent medic stations (respawns)?

Last event we had 145 vs. 155 (German vs. Allied). This event should be around 250 to 300 players per side (500 to 600 players total). We will close the registration on one team or the other if numbers start to get lopsided.

As far as the medic, rules, etc. the Fall 2008 was run by Ivan Stober (Mad Ivan). The new events are run by our scenario master Jester.

Specifically, the rules regarding medics have changed significantly. Each team has 2 Medic Refs. These Medic Refs are staff of White River Paintball so they will not be running with any teams. They will be a few hundred feet behind the front line. When players are eliminated, they will go back to the medic ref and hand them a medic card (standard issue to each player at the beginning of the event). The medic card will be punched, players hits will be wiped by the medic ref and the player will return to the game.

Every 3rd time you are hit, you must go back to the resurrection/insertion point. If you lose your medic card or run out of room for hole punches, you go to the pro-shop and get a new medic card.

The generals will be different than last time.

The Allied General is Ken Cook and his XO is Cameron Zigler.

The German General is Jackson Settlemire and his XO is Justin Settlemire (Team Lake Trash)

Both Generals have plenty of previous experience to draw from commanding teams. Also, the general format has changed a little bit as far as the missions and flag stations.

More information can be found here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3064015

Long story short, we've done our homework on our last two events. Major upgrades have been made.

Also, here's our preview video for the event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2WwtiQ2On0

Also, here's some pictures of the landing craft and new beach head under construction:

Join us on Facebook

Last edited by WhiteRiverPaintball : 06-16-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:25 AM #57
JeSTeR_1269
Air Assault!

^^^what he said.

Also, there will be more missions this time as opposed to last.

However, you can still expect the same excellent level of performance out of our referees.

Every Day I'm Hoverin
Old 07-12-2009, 04:50 PM #58
matt_keyboardfury
ballin

Ok just got home from this field, I'll try to keep the flames down.

advertised 700+ players

in reality.. not even close. whatd we get like 150? blaim the weather but a little rain doesnt stop 550 people. and with one toilet and a porta potty, you guys were probably at your limit.

If youre going to call it a scenario, then keep it scenario. The only thing close to normandy was the first fight, then it was open play the rest of the weekend. it kind of sucked looking over and seeing 30 people playing on the airfield that we wanted to play on who didnt have to register and got in for only 20 or 25 bucks.

some people drove very very far to get here and paid a lot of money, and all we got was a clear 140 rnd pod with a map and rulesheet in it? cmon anything was better than that! why not put in 10 balls to chrono with or SOMETHING. stickers maybe??

you did have some decent refs, but others were on an edge, which is good or bad, but everyone just remembers the bad. for example

ref " NO DRY FIRING!!11!!!".... "Oh wait.. youre cool..""
as i shoot off the gas in my autococker after taking the tank off.. in the chrono area.. with no paint... and a barrel plug on..

and @ Jester ... i know you had to be stressed out dealing with all the people but youve got to chill out. dont get on to people about cursing when you drop 5 F bombs every minute yourself. and whats done is done, but those guys that shot the sign will probably never play again. it was their first time they all had rentals and it was a bachelor party. besides what ticked you off was them denying it. but how can you blaim them for denying it? you didnt ask them to please stop shooting the sign, the ref asked him if he KNEW WHO shot the sign.... well duh... he said he didnt know. its cool that you dont promote shooting in the safe zone, but dont scream at everyone there in a circle and call it the "prick section" while dropping the f bomb.. a couple b bombs... whatever whatever.. 3 people packed up and left right then and there.

no where to sit???? 55 dollars for entry and 69 for paint you guys could knock a tree over or something...

the paint... yes it had dimples, yes there were balls stuck together in clumps, and yes it was hard, i bounced a couple right off my goggles. everyone had welts and was crying to chrono people, it was the paint. and on top of that it had a seam in the first place. we understand thats where you make your money. and other fields up north charge about that much for a case, but you get decent paint at the fields that charge 75 or 80 a case.

prizes >> the card said must be present to win, yet you called their names and if they werent there you said youd mail it to them? cmon guys we had a lot of people go home with nothing. even the axis general left when it started to rain on saturday, just up and left. why reward the people that bail?
we had a lot of guys that didnt even have a change of clothes, just sat there through the rain with blistery feet, and some kids farther down from us got dropped off by their parents with a tent and a cooler. not redrawing for those prizes was a slap in the face.

and ben, you seem like a great guy, youre very helpful when we have money, but whats up with you coming out and asking us if we were gonna get out there and play? $$$ but never coming out later and telling us thanks for playing or thanks for coming.

the allied general was awesome!! guys like that help the sport, tell him thanks if you ever see him again. really really nice guy.

the pregame briefing said nothing about the flags, i thought that ref was gonna X my wristband when i ripped the plastic paper off the flag pole. he was really upset.

Im not a negative nancy i just tell it how i see it.
matt_keyboardfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:53 PM #59
matt_keyboardfury
ballin

The German General is Jackson Settlemire and his XO is Justin Settlemire (Team Lake Trash)

when you two guys up and left, we lost around 15 people right then and there. dont take the role if you dont care.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:25 PM #60
JeSTeR_1269
Air Assault!

Wow. where to begin...

First off, Our count was higher than 150, though not what we expected. And yes, a good portion because of the rain (a LOT of rain). We were expecting more walk-ons than we had.

Secondly, for those that came very far and paid a lot of money, I didnt realize it was solely for the swag, and not the game. Last time I checked, we were a paintball field, not a radio station. So, what you're telling me is that a STICKER would have made all the difference? Right.

Ask anyone who knows me, I BARELY cuss, much less "5 F bombs a minute" I dont know exactly where you got that, but I always watch my mouth, expecially at the field.

As far as the gentlemen that were shooting at our sign, its funny that you're mad about it, because I talked to them all not more than an hour later and they were all very apologetic and fessed up to it. We talked, laughed, shook hands, and it was all good. And I have no idea where you got me calling that the "prick section" Believe me, if I had something else to say it would have been face to face. Also, we were over there twice talking to them about the sign, and in all honesty it was going to just be a "we cant prove it, but please stop" thing. Unfortunately another player said something that didnt need said so I figured we needed to make it more clear that it was a very VERY dumb idea to be shooting in the camping area...you know, where theres little kids running around.

And yes, Ken is awesome. Thats why I like to have him around.

I wish you would have come up to me personally before filling the threads with slander. Would have been nice. If you dont know the whole story, its best to keep it to yourself.

In short, sorry you had a bad time, hopefully you still get to come to our stalingrad event in october. The staff works very hard to make sure these things go down smoothly. If you have a problem in our future events, I encourage you to address me personally with your concerns. That is, after all, what I'm there for.

Every Day I'm Hoverin
Old 07-12-2009, 07:05 PM #61
Xfactor1331
Proving Grounds Or Die.

Xfactor1331 plays in the PSP
Xfactor1331 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Xfactor1331 plays in the APPA D3 division
Im sorry you had a bad time
but me and the boys worked very very hard spending many back breaking hours to make people have a good time and i know for a fact all of my boys (the Germans) had a blast there a great group of guys!
Xfactor1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:23 PM #62
matt_keyboardfury
ballin

"First off, Our count was higher than 150, though not what we expected. And yes, a good portion because of the rain (a LOT of rain). We were expecting more walk-ons than we had."
ok ill take that one as an acceptable >>excuse<<

"Secondly, for those that came very far and paid a lot of money, I didnt realize it was solely for the swag, and not the game. Last time I checked, we were a paintball field, not a radio station. So, what you're telling me is that a STICKER would have made all the difference? Right."
My point wasnt for stickers, my point was why bother giving anything at all?

"Ask anyone who knows me, I BARELY cuss, much less "5 F bombs a minute" I dont know exactly where you got that, but I always watch my mouth, expecially at the field."
lie. we sat around a campfire and laughed about how ironic it was that you guys are anti profanity (understandable), and cant follow the rule yourself. ecspecially coming from someone a little more respected.

"As far as the gentlemen that were shooting at our sign, its funny that you're mad about it, because I talked to them all not more than an hour later and they were all very apologetic and fessed up to it. We talked, laughed, shook hands, and it was all good. And I have no idea where you got me calling that the "prick section" Believe me, if I had something else to say it would have been face to face. Also, we were over there twice talking to them about the sign, and in all honesty it was going to just be a "we cant prove it, but please stop" thing. Unfortunately another player said something that didnt need said so I figured we needed to make it more clear that it was a very VERY dumb idea to be shooting in the camping area...you know, where theres little kids running around."
ya i know the whole story. they told us they talked to you up there. we also dont like people shooting off the field, however....

"And I have no idea where you got me calling that the "prick section" Believe me, if I had something else to say it would have been face to face."
if i was face to face with you right now id beat the (F bomb) out of you for that one. you know as well as i do people are gonna be reading this, so youre covering your ***. "YOU LOOKED RIGHT AT US POINTING AND SAID YOU (F bomb + ers) IN THE PRICK SECTION." we had a lot of people standing around watching this go down and you flipped out dude. a guy felt guilty and fessed up about shooting 2 balls, and you turn around and screamed at everybody standing there.

"I wish you would have come up to me personally before filling the threads with slander. Would have been nice. If you dont know the whole story, its best to keep it to yourself."
def. slander - slander refers to a malicious, false and defamatory spoken statement or report. keyword, false. and ill say it again, i tell it how i see it
Old 07-13-2009, 05:46 PM #63
DevilD
Devil Dog

Yea, kinda have to agree with Matt. Shooting off field is a very big no-no and you really wouldn't have been wrong to have asked them to leave. But I believe that most fields would have explained the rules and let it go. But when you decided to turn on the large group of hardcore paintballers that were in the area you were "preaching to the choir". We all KNOW that shooting off field is wrong and since we were'nt doing it we really didn't need to be lectured like children. With everyone soaked, broke (come on $69.00 a case???) and disappointed that their General left and the game was more like walkon woodsball than scenario format, it was the one last aggravation that will make me question a return trip.
DevilD is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups