Old 12-11-2008, 12:31 PM #1
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
IN - White River Paintball Discussion

This thread was automatically created for discussion about White River Paintball Field. For more information about this field, or to find other fields near you, visit the White River Paintball Field listing in the PbNation Field & Store section.
SYSTEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2008, 07:52 PM #2
JeSTeR_1269
Air Assault!

wOOt. bout time we got our own thread.

Every Day I'm Hoverin
JeSTeR_1269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:19 PM #3
paramedic18
Shortcake!

paramedic18 is a Paintball photographer
paramedic18 is playing at Living Legends VI
paramedic18 is playing at Living Legends VII
paramedic18 posts videos on PbNation
meh, not bad field, however i don't agree with the 25$ entry fee if you have your own equipment on top of the 70$ paint. seems kinda steep. 15$ would be a better price for those with their own stuff. yes i know about the memberships, however, i don't play that much anymore and is kinda a waste for me personally.

but the layout was nice. was there when they only had the first two fields open and were in the process of moving the other stuff over.

ill give it 3.9 out of 5 paintballs for a rank. the high entry fee is what hurts.

Paintcheck Photography in Co-operating with RSHMedia, Covering the Indiana region for scenario, tourny, and rec play.
paramedic18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:11 PM #4
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

WhiteRiverPaintball is playing at Living Legends V
WhiteRiverPaintball posts videos on PbNation
I wish we could lower prices, but buying 127 acres of land in Pendleton Schools, getting it zoned business (with the taxes), building a 2000 sq. ft building, putting in a 1/2 mile long driveway and 100 car parking lot from scratch during the summer when diesel fuel was $4.50 per gallon, and clearing out 20 acres of woods is expensive.

Additionally, most of our customers do not shoot a case of paint when they come out to play. They usually shoot 500 paintballs and only spend $17.50 on paint each day. If we did tournament style paintball with customers that were shooting a case to two cases per day, then we could change the prices.
White River Paintball Field is over 100 acres of urban, woodsball and scenario paintball, located in the Indianapolis, Indiana metro area. WRP also features an on-site pro-shop, 10 acre camping area, epic scenario events and over a dozen playing fields including multiple aircraft, two-story towers, multi-acre city, forts, military vehicles, jungle huts, deep woods and more!

Upcoming Scenario Event Schedule:

* Battle for Chicago: Mafia Wars - November 7th, 8th & 9th, 2014 *
* Jungle Run: Blood Diamonds - March 20th, 21st & 22nd, 2015*
* Summer 2015 Scenario Event - July 17th, 18th & 19th, 2015 *
Join us on Facebook
WhiteRiverPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:13 PM #5
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

Also, a copy of our post about our night game:

We threw a night game back in October, and because of the strong response we'll be holding another one. It'll be on December 31st starting at 8:00 pm and will go until 11:30 pm (or later). The game will be at White River Paintball (http://www.whiteriverpaintball.com)

We'll have free pizza and drinks for those who arrive early, and - as usual - we'll be giving away tons of prizes including goggles, pods, packs, squeegies, Tippmann products, and more! The night game is free for members (you still have to buy paint), and will be regular open play price for those who aren't members. The pro-shop will be open the entire time for those who want to warm up between games, grab some hot chocolate, or check out all of the new gear. Give us a call at 317-489-3732 if you'd like to pre-register for the event or if you have any questions.
White River Paintball Field is over 100 acres of urban, woodsball and scenario paintball, located in the Indianapolis, Indiana metro area. WRP also features an on-site pro-shop, 10 acre camping area, epic scenario events and over a dozen playing fields including multiple aircraft, two-story towers, multi-acre city, forts, military vehicles, jungle huts, deep woods and more!

Join us on Facebook
Old 12-18-2008, 03:35 PM #6
paramedic18
Shortcake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRiverPaintball View Post
I wish we could lower prices, but buying 127 acres of land in Pendleton Schools, getting it zoned business (with the taxes), building a 2000 sq. ft building, putting in a 1/2 mile long driveway and 100 car parking lot from scratch during the summer when diesel fuel was $4.50 per gallon, and clearing out 20 acres of woods is expensive.

Additionally, most of our customers do not shoot a case of paint when they come out to play. They usually shoot 500 paintballs and only spend $17.50 on paint each day. If we did tournament style paintball with customers that were shooting a case to two cases per day, then we could change the prices.
*sigh* how do i say this without sounding like a pompus prick.

I understand you have expenses, however....

i say keep the paint prices the same. i dont mind that. i remember when i used to buy 2 cases and it was 160$ for the decent stuff. not to mention higher prices keep the games nice, so your not getting hurt or overshot.

however, the thing i didn't like was having to pay 25$ just to use my own equipment. i could understand if i rented equipment, totally cool with that. yes i know you have a coupon for 5$ off, but i think if someone has their own stuff, there should be a different price break. an example of this:

$10 entry but you pay for all air fills with your own equipment
$15 entry but you get say 3 free air fills (or unlimited, whatever)
$20 entry w/coupon to rent equipment and free air or free unlimited air fills for people who own their own equipment
$25 entry w/o coupon with equipment rental

a tier'd structure would probably attract alot more weekly players. i know for one it would pull me in more often. you'd make more money off someone who spent 10$ each sunday with half a case of paint, vs the once a month person with a half a case of paint.

hope you take these ideas and apply them in some manner, im glad there is a large field nearby that doesnt have 10billion paintballs flying in the air with all speedballers playing making the game miserable.

Paintcheck Photography in Co-operating with RSHMedia, Covering the Indiana region for scenario, tourny, and rec play.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:41 PM #7
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

I don't think it's rude for you to give your input. I appreciate it. We haven't changed our pricing structure at all since we moved into our new facility, and we'll be reorganizing some of the prices this winter.

You should stop by now, or when we have our 6th and 7th fields completed, just to take a look at the facility now that everything has been finished. I remember when you came out and only 2 of the fields were open because we were still in the process of moving.

Join us on Facebook
Old 12-18-2008, 04:03 PM #8
paramedic18
Shortcake!

Quote:
I don't think it's rude for you to give your input. I appreciate it. We'll be reorganizing some of the prices this winter and we'll keep that in mind.

You should stop by now, or when we have our 6th and 7th fields completed, just to take a look at the facility now that everything has been finished. I remember when you came out and only 2 of the fields were open because we were still in the process of moving.

We're also considering a speedball set up for the future, but the demand has been for more and more scenario style fields in the near term. In the end, our focus will be on scenario/woodsball because the speedball market is well represented in the central Indiana area.

I may stop by after the first of the year. I respect what you have brought to ECI, its nice to have a large facility that is local compared to michigan or jim thorpe. But in the end it comes down to prices and players. Morgages in this day and age are hard, and 4.50$ gallon gas didnt help either.

However, i like to play every weekend, and 25$ a pop x 4 plus 140$ (2 cases for the month) im out 240$ and thats alot of money to swallow each weekend when you break it down.

i can spend 35-45$ each week no problem, but more than 50 a weekend is rough.

id be more apt to visit if the prices were lower and i could play more. darn work!

the speedball thing, i dont personally play, nor do i care to. played a few times, didnt like it, plus the bad wrap the speedball sport has, i dont like it.

however, i think that if you design a good speedball layout, not sure what kinds of speedball there is other than like d3 and d4 and xball, but if you lay it out right, market it right, and bring in some good sponsors, i could see it paying for itself, QUICKLY. im not a speedballer by any means, but with the right lay out, getting the right folks involved, you could have the best of both worlds

i wish wrpb the best of luck, because its the closest thing to me right now, and the atmosphere is good not 10billion paintballs flying at ya!

hope you understand and dont find this view offensive cuz its not the point of it

Old 12-18-2008, 05:36 PM #9
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramedic18 View Post
hope you understand and dont find this view offensive cuz its not the point of it
I TOTALLY understand where you're coming from. Times are tough for us all.

We did set up the memberships a few years ago for those who do play regularly. Players who have the memberships only spend about $30 a day shooting 1,000 paintballs including entry, air, and equipment rental (if needed).

But, we'll be taking a look at the overall pricing structure now that we know what our fixed expenses are.

Join us on Facebook
Old 12-18-2008, 06:03 PM #10
paramedic18
Shortcake!

Quote:
I TOTALLY understand where you're coming from. Times are tough for us all.

We did set up the memberships a few years ago for those who do play regularly. Players who have the memberships only spend about $30 a day shooting 1,000 paintballs including entry, air, and equipment rental (if needed).

But, we'll be taking a look at the overall pricing structure now that we know what our fixed expenses are.
i liked the idea of the membership, but you know as much as i do, work, life, family, etc usually takes over and doesnt allow for much paintball time i have planned right now, to take off for each of your major events in 2009, HOWEVER, its no promise that i'll be attending.

so with that, the membership does save alot of money overall, but those who want to play every weekend, but end up getting the short straw at work, and have to work and can only play once or twice every three months or so, it doesn't add up dollars/cents wise.

i'm glad that you are at least considering a re-eval of your expenses vs admissions. i think all businesses should do that from time to time. even myself, have changed and reset several prices for some things.

you are always welcome to contact me via pm and we could talk on messenger if you would like. share some ideas. not looking for a job (unless you can beat 19$ an hr LOL! ) but wouldn't mind sharing some ideas i have with you. or at least providing an alternate viewpoint

Old 12-26-2008, 09:30 AM #11
darkspidie8419
Teamontargetpb.com

White river paintball In Indiana

I just visited this field this last Saturday before the holiday while i was visiting relatives in Indiana. I was impressed by the size and and variety of fields they had. The staff was very friendly and helpful. As a scenario team player I would definitely advise anyone who lives in the area to attend at least one of their events as the field is very nice. I also read many reviews about the fields in Indiana and this is the only one that had good safety reviews. I feel they lived up to it. There prices were also reasonable. It was definitely a nice change from playing at some of the fields down here in florida. I give them !
Thanks guys, i 'll be back next time i'm in Indiana.

Teamontargetpb.com
darkspidie8419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:58 AM #12
pbva
I'm not wearing any pants

The big games at White River are some of the best in the area. All big games have their pros and cons (such as the odd setup of the netting on one end) and theirs is no different. If you know anyone in the area looking for a fun day and you know they are not going to be regulars, I would bring them to the big games.

Any chance you guys might open the big games up to “all firing modes?” Not many fields do this, but I know the one I played at in VA had it every day. Helped the TIppys hang with the DM/PM/Ego crowd. Also increased the amount of paint used in a day. But all of their rentals were highly tuned A5 R/Ts and the upgrade was one with an E-Grip.

Final point is the prices are not the worst I have seen, but are there any plans to have a “Big Game Membership?” Due to family and work life I have a few days a year to play so I always make the big games. If we were to pay up front for all three, could we get a discount on the fees and the paint?
pbva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:03 AM #13
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbva View Post
The big games at White River are some of the best in the area. All big games have their pros and cons (such as the odd setup of the netting on one end) and theirs is no different. If you know anyone in the area looking for a fun day and you know they are not going to be regulars, I would bring them to the big games.

Any chance you guys might open the big games up to “all firing modes?” Not many fields do this, but I know the one I played at in VA had it every day. Helped the TIppys hang with the DM/PM/Ego crowd. Also increased the amount of paint used in a day. But all of their rentals were highly tuned A5 R/Ts and the upgrade was one with an E-Grip.

Final point is the prices are not the worst I have seen, but are there any plans to have a “Big Game Membership?” Due to family and work life I have a few days a year to play so I always make the big games. If we were to pay up front for all three, could we get a discount on the fees and the paint?
1. The netting set up was definitely odd for the last big game. There was a "wall" that projected out on to the field. That "wall" will be removed for the next game, and the field will be a more "squarish" shape.

2. The semi-auto rule is set up for insurance and safety reasons. We've notice (a long time ago) that when players have their guns in full auto, they sometimes forget to turn off their triggers when they're in the staging area. And, with today's loader systems, all it takes is one player accidentally picking up his gun and holding the trigger for half a second - not realizing the gun was ON!

In that 1/2 a second 7 or 8 balls are shot out of the chamber. Even today's barrel bags are not designed to handle that type of firepower all at once.

3. I'll look in to the discount.

Join us on Facebook
Old 12-28-2008, 11:13 AM #14
JeSTeR_1269
Air Assault!

Quote:

The netting issue you speak of has been addressed and should not be a problem in our upcoming events.

As far as the firing modes, it pretty much still has to stay semi, for several reasons. First off, our insurance does not allow for play outside of semi automatic. Also, you have to consider the fact that many of our players will either have lower end markers, or be using our rentals, so that would put them at a handicap. Not to mention dramatically increase the chance of them being overshot. And finally, you have to remember, the DM/ego/ect high end has other modes too, and I guarantee you that a DM in PSP ramping uncapped will lay more paint than pretty much whatever A5 you got.

We're offering a discount if you preregister for the scenario events, and we're also offering a discount on the paint. We havn't really discussed a deal like that, but I assure you, in comparison to just about any other event in the region its very very affordable. Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

-ninja edit-
darn you ben

Every Day I'm Hoverin
JeSTeR_1269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:50 PM #15
pbva
I'm not wearing any pants

Thank you for the quick replies and I agree with all of your points. Was looking at ways to increase revenue. Not sure if the field in VA has had any issues with the full auto.

Also thank you for fixing the net issue, was a topic of conversation in the staging area.
pbva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:11 PM #16
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

Quote:
Thank you for the quick replies and I agree with all of your points. Was looking at ways to increase revenue. Not sure if the field in VA has had any issues with the full auto.
Safety trumps increased revenue. We have an excellent safety record and we want to keep it that way. We take pride in the fact that we have a very family friendly facility, and we take special care to make sure it stays that way.

In lieu of increased fire rates, we'll be implementing a few new features at our '09 scenario events including "artillery guns" and medic refs that will make the game more fun and exciting for both beginner and experienced paintballers.

Thanks for the input though, we'll definitely take a look into some other items you talked about.

Join us on Facebook
Old 12-29-2008, 12:34 AM #17
livin4real
Raisin'a ruckus since '75

livin4real is BST Trusted
livin4real supports Cereal Killerz 2
livin4real helped look for balloons
Just to chime in on the ROF topic, PSP is LOWERING their ROF for the upcoming season to try and draw in new players and bring back a little more skill. And a speedball field will draw in new players as long as it's kept segregated, new players with new players and tourney players with tourney players. There's nothing worse than a new player getting lit up on his/her first day out. There are great deals on complete fields in the field owners b/s/t section, but sounds like you guys have already dumped a lot into your fields for this upcoming season. I look forward to coming out when it gets a little warmer

Brian
Old 12-29-2008, 04:23 PM #18
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by livin4real View Post
Just to chime in on the ROF topic, PSP is LOWERING their ROF for the upcoming season to try and draw in new players and bring back a little more skill. And a speedball field will draw in new players as long as it's kept segregated, new players with new players and tourney players with tourney players. There's nothing worse than a new player getting lit up on his/her first day out. There are great deals on complete fields in the field owners b/s/t section, but sounds like you guys have already dumped a lot into your fields for this upcoming season. I look forward to coming out when it gets a little warmer

Brian
I totally agree about keeping them separate.

Our focus is woodsball/scenario.

Hope to see you soon.

Join us on Facebook
Old 12-29-2008, 05:16 PM #19
paramedic18
Shortcake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livin4real View Post

Brian
and thats why I have sworn off speedball. After being over shot and yeah well.. needless to say, ive sworn it off..

Quote:
I totally agree about keeping them separate.

Our focus is woodsball/scenario.

Hope to see you soon.
and a mighty fine woodsball field you have. Btw, never did hear from you, its an open invite

Old 12-29-2008, 05:20 PM #20
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramedic18 View Post
and a mighty fine woodsball field you have. Btw, never did hear from you, its an open invite
Sorry for the delay, we've been busy over the weekend. Feel free to PM me, I'm not very good with IM.

Join us on Facebook
Old 12-29-2008, 05:39 PM #21
paramedic18
Shortcake!

pm sent

ReplyRegional Ups