Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-19-2009, 06:03 PM #64
theshizzle847

Doesn't CPX offer sponsorships to teams?

Ziggy - ur sig says CPX, does u guys have a sponsorship from them?
theshizzle847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2009, 06:27 PM #65
Empyre09
Sec. Gen. of Awesome

Annual Supporting Member
Empyre09 plays in the PSP
Empyre09 supports Team VICIOUS
Empyre09 supports our troops
Empyre09 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Empyre09 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cpx does offer sponsorships, but it's not exactly easy to get one, as far as I know. Rufio knows better than me, but the paperwork they had given me and a few others showed a decent offering for what is really a local buisiness for the Joliet area.
Empyre09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:39 PM #66
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Spartan 03 is playing at Living Legends VI
Spartan 03 supports Team VICIOUS
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The past two years they offered a membership program disguised as a sponsorship called the "Home Field Advantage" program. We did it in 2007, and it really was a nice program. Anyone with a pulse could get into that. They also had their "Platinum" sponsorship, which is more of a true sponsorship and was very hard to get. In 2007, the Hellions, Ground Control and Chi-town Hustlers were the "sponsored" teams. Last year, I believe that only Ground Control and Hellions were Platinum sponsored because the Hustlers quit CPX. This year CPX dropped the Home Field Advantage altogether and dropped all the sponsored teams except the Hellions. Now, unless something has changed in the last couple of months, only the Hellions are sponsored by CPX. Word on the street is that CPX is also dropping Wayne Dollack scenarios and are going to be focusing only on Living Legends and Windy City Classic as CPX scenarios, and Hellions and Fugazi will be hosting thier own scenario's as well.
If I make you cheat, I win.
WORKS Autococker
Spartan 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:32 PM #67
Empyre09
Sec. Gen. of Awesome

Annual Supporting Member
Empyre09 plays in the PSP
Empyre09 supports our troops
Empyre09 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Empyre09 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quite honestly, I have heard of that as well, and I hope that's not the case. Waynes games are the best to ref and play. He's also a great guy to just sir around and talk to, especially when it's about Magro's mom, and her little red dress.
Empyre09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:15 AM #68
theshizzle847

Empyre - did the sponsorships have discounted gear, markers or paint?
Old 01-20-2009, 03:29 AM #69
Grinder01
Just Another Heretic

Grinder01 is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenbannedb4? View Post
im not going to read that
lmao.
Grinder01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:04 PM #70
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshizzle847 View Post
Empyre - did the sponsorships have discounted gear, markers or paint?
Both Home Field Advantage and Platinum had discounted gear, markers and paint. I am not sure, but from what I have heard, the discounts were the same for both groups (except in 2007, when the Platinum teams had a side deal on paint), and you had to order a minimum number of full gear outs.
WORKS Autococker
Old 01-20-2009, 01:50 PM #71
theshizzle847

So I just tried buying marballizer on actionvillage. here's teh break down on cost of a case of marbs:
list price: $68.95
shipping: $12.81 (cheapest shipping option)
tax: $5.69

total: $87.45

Guess CPX's price of $90 (tax included) is that bad after all

Last edited by theshizzle847 : 01-20-2009 at 01:53 PM. Reason: shipping
Old 01-20-2009, 02:01 PM #72
Spartan 03
The Heretics

CPX's Marbalizer isn't Marbalizer though. The shell is thicker. I know someone earlier said it was the exact same thing, but I have used Store Marbs and CPX Marbs and the CPX Marbs have a thicker shell. No one would use CPX Marbs in a tourney on purpose. And frankly, Store Marbs wouldn't be that good for the woods anyway. You want a thicker shell in the trees so the balls don't break on every little twig they hit. When we play Fox, we use Bronze or Silver instead of Gold so we don't have as much premature breakage.
WORKS Autococker
Old 01-20-2009, 02:03 PM #73
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalgunsrule View Post
or you could go to you could go to a place like fox paintball and get it for 65 without the shipping

(I also have reasonable doubt that what they sell as marballizer is actually marb quality. Just my opinion)
They couldn't use it at CPX though. I have heard of some people finding white fill marbs, but it is hard to find, and I don't think Fox Store is carrying it.
WORKS Autococker
Old 01-20-2009, 02:05 PM #74
theshizzle847

Quote:

(I also have reasonable doubt that what they sell as marballizer is actually marb quality. Just my opinion)

Why do you doubt that? It would be illegal for Kee to sell something with teh name marballizer if it wasnt marballizer. Its called truth in advertising. CPX has to build into their price of marbs their cost of doing business. So does fox. It costs a lot more for CPX to run its business than it does for fox to run their store im sure.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:08 PM #75
theshizzle847

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan 03 View Post
The shell is thicker. I know someone earlier said it was the exact same thing, but I have used Store Marbs and CPX Marbs and the CPX Marbs have a thicker shell. No one would use CPX Marbs in a tourney on purpose. And frankly, Store Marbs wouldn't be that good for the woods anyway. You want a thicker shell in the trees so the balls don't break on every little twig they hit. When we play Fox, we use Bronze or Silver instead of Gold so we don't have as much premature breakage.

QFT - the shell may be a bit thicker for the rentals and woods, but its still marballizer. It's just not the super brittle tournament shell formula

Last edited by theshizzle847 : 01-20-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:15 PM #76
theshizzle847

Quote:
i was just stating the fact that they are over charging compared to local stores..
You cant compare what a store charges and what a field charges. Its like comparing a steak at Jewel and a steak at a restaurant. A store has very little overhead and a field, depending on its size and initial investment, have a much larger overhead (i.e. property tax, payroll tax, unemployment, insurance, maintenance, mortgage, contruction cost, etc). You cant even compare the two. your comparing apples to oranges.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:38 PM #77
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Quote:
Well you cant buy the stuff at action village either i was just stating the fact that they are over charging compared to local stores. If you look at the guys post before mine it will make sense Todd.
Fixed.

I know what you are saying, I am just saying that getting paint at the best paintball store in Illinois, Fox, isn't going to help them play at CPX.
WORKS Autococker
Old 01-20-2009, 02:45 PM #78
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Quote:
You cant compare what a store charges and what a field charges.
I agree with you up to the point that some fields are BYOP, then you can absolutely compare them. Which is kind of a big part of the discussion here. However, that being said, I completely understand why CPX charges so much for thier paint. I know the investment they have in the field and I know what kind of pressure they have to make money, so don't take this as my suggesting a better way. I like Paul and I like CPX, and we play there every year, at least once (and I was co-XO for Living Legends last year, too) and have nothing but respect. But you have to admit, from an individual paintballers perspective, thier paint is pricey.
WORKS Autococker
Old 01-20-2009, 02:46 PM #79
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Quote:
lol sorry i thought this was Franks screen name
Haha, we all look alike on here. Frank is Warchild.
WORKS Autococker
Old 01-20-2009, 03:17 PM #80
theshizzle847

Quote:
I agree with you up to the point that some fields are BYOP, then you can absolutely compare them. Which is kind of a big part of the discussion here. However, that being said, I completely understand why CPX charges so much for thier paint. I know the investment they have in the field and I know what kind of pressure they have to make money, so don't take this as my suggesting a better way. I like Paul and I like CPX, and we play there every year, at least once (and I was co-XO for Living Legends last year, too) and have nothing but respect. But you have to admit, from an individual paintballers perspective, thier paint is pricey.
Well said Spartan, I think we agree much more than we disagree. I take it you are an older and more mature than most people on these forums and it shows by your sense of logic. CPX caters to private groups and rec players and what you find mostly on here are guys who play very often and shoot a lot of paint each time they go out. So yes, CPx is probably not the field for them to play at every week. But thats no reason for some of the bashing that goes on here. But I think you siad it best in your last post.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:25 PM #81
theshizzle847

Quote:
You are correct but that would be if companys and people all operated ethically but we know that's not the case all the time. I know of instances where paint was boxed and sold as what it was not. Second Fox also has a field btw.

Third in response to another one of your posts. Unless you are more then a ref who thinks he knows more then he does. I know more about the operation of a paintball store and field and how the industry as a whole is operated then you. You don't know who you are talking to and I like to keep it that way but know this I am not some ref or someone who spends my day handing out rental equipment.
So what, you just assume that Kee operates unethically and unlawfully? I have worked there and other paintball distribution place/ manufacturers here in the chicagoland area and at a field or 2 as well. For those who don't know, there are more 5 large paintball companies that have operations in the chicagoland area. I have many friends who still work in the industry. I am not some ref who hands out equipment either. So you can be assured, I am not some ref who thinks he knows more than he does. And trust me, you don't know more about how the industry works than me. We'll leave it at that.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:45 PM #82
theshizzle847

No, I do not work at CPX and never have. I have worked for a few manufacturers that have offices here in the Chicago area and have had customers that are fields and stores while working there. I can tell you that I have never known any of those fields and stores do anythiing unethical. But keep in mind, that them trying to make a profit is business 101 and there is nothing unethical about that. You mentioned that you know how fields and stores work, so I assume that you have worked or are somehow affiliated with either a field or store? You also mention that you have seen unethical things go down. So perhaps you just worked with a shady field or store and you are throwing all the other paintball biz in the same pile as your employer. I guess I just give businesses the benefit of the doubt and leave the conspiracy theorys to the nut jobs. But its your choice if you want to believe that everyones guilty until proven innocent.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:22 PM #83
theshizzle847

Quote:
Both Home Field Advantage and Platinum had discounted gear, markers and paint.
ppartan, what kind of deals did they have on paint?
Old 01-20-2009, 07:41 PM #84
p8ntballr1678
Your a player?Im a killer

has been a member for 10 years
p8ntballr1678 plays in the PSP
p8ntballr1678 is playing at Living Legends V
p8ntballr1678 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
So what, you just assume that Kee operates unethically and unlawfully?

And trust me, you don't know more about how the industry works than me. We'll leave it at that.
I really wish you knew what you were talking about and who you were trying to put in their place... Legalgunsrule deff has all the upper hand on you when it comes to every part of this industry. Besides Paul and Ray have told me personally that they bought the field off of Kee years ago and that JT, Brass Eagle, And View Loader are not a majority owner in CPX anymore. They both might have been blowing smoke, but they said it. As for paint between stores and fields. You can go to other fields, "FOX", and bring your own paint or buy a case for almost half the price as of CPX. Why is that? because they have a paved parking lot and bathrooms. "THE INVESTMENT" was made way before the current ownership did its hostile take over from Forest Brown. and besides my post a long time ago was very true about the paint. They used to sell white box for the same high price. $15-20 a case cost and sold it for $100. How is that not unethical and unlawfull? But hey, your the man . How can we argue with facts and personal knowlege? That would be silly of us.

☆☆ . LSD PAINTBALL . ☆☆
Sponsored By :
CPX Sports....NINJA Air....RPS....Empire....RAZA....Hooters
Jason Towlie #42 / Chicago Legend #6 / Saucey #1 / Chicago Mafia #2 / LSD paintball #1
LIVIN.
p8ntballr1678 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups