PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups
Old 10-02-2015, 07:52 PM #1
Fatal Shock
Calling all pump ballers

After recently getting back into the sport after a few years off due to school, I found myself reminiscing about the Chicago Pump meets that were popular only a few years back. Not sure if there is already a tight community of pumpers in IL that i'm just not connected with, but I thought i'd throw the idea out there for a monthly pump meet this fall/winter. (If there is already a community/club that is taking initiative I apologize for the arbitrary post.)

Any interest? I'm very passionate about playing pump, as it has introduced me to some amazing people and ultimately led me to the people I play with today.

During the winter I was thinking that rotating between CPX Indoor and O'Hare would be ideal considering the plausibly slim player base and location differences.

If this evolves beyond a thought I'll even design shirts, headbands, or even jerseys for the members/attendees Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but I see great potential in this based on the positive impact such meets in the past have had on my personal paintballing experience.
Chicago's Most Hated

University of Illinois at Chicago
Graphic Design
Class of 2016
Fatal Shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Old 10-03-2015, 06:27 PM #2
I've bought and sold so many pump markers because everyone says their into it then stop playing. Get at me if your trying to put something together
falz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:48 PM #3
tall white guy
^I regret this^
Annual Supporting Member
tall white guy plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tall white guy is an NCPA player
I'd be interested in a pump get-together every now and then. If there are enough people, a streetball style tournament would be fun.
tall white guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:10 PM #4
I havent played nearly as much as I used to, but as far as organizing stuff in the area its been a tough gig. Lots of people express interest, with only about 1/4 actually showing up. I'm guilty of it myself. I know the fields around here support it, but organizing anything is a challenge. I tried holding an event at Fox a few years back with moderate success. After the one good year they tried to do it once a month, and it went from something to get excited about to something less important b.c people could just catch the next one. I'd love to see something like SPE or even FPE make it big around here, but I think thats a long way off.

Best bet would be to gather as many people as you can and sort of organize a private group out of it. I know Fox and Badlandz are very pump friendly, in fact every time I go to Fox there are at least 5 others running pumps as well.
CCM, their stuff is good.
wallify is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups