Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2008, 03:52 AM #43
angrymuffin
One Angry Muffin
 
angrymuffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago
I wear a lot of paintball cloths
angrymuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-27-2008, 05:55 AM #44
xfactor6911
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Diego
xfactor6911 plays in the PSP
xfactor6911 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
xfactor6911 is an NCPA player
xfactor6911 plays in the APPA D4 division
I mention that I play to people when they ask what I have been doing lately and if they are interested I give them the names of fields and my shops business card which I have in my wallet.
xfactor6911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:54 AM #45
bryceeden
 
 
bryceeden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Arlington, TX
 has been a member for 10 years
Some friends and I have two private fields, we enforce rules to ensure that all new players have a good time. Anyone who cheats or makes it less then fun for people gets "invited" to never come back. We get alot of new players who have fun and become regulars. I also try to get friends and coworkers to try playing.

I also use to run a tourney circuit and own a store, but I closed the store and am in the prossess of selling the circuit. I just don't have time for it anymore.
bryceeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:55 AM #46
vkyle8 v.2
recognize.
 
vkyle8 v.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ocho cinco seis
if people ever have questions i answer them to full capability, and i always reefer people to the field i'm sponsored by.
vkyle8 v.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:21 AM #47
captainspaulding
 
 
captainspaulding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I have gotten 20 + new players involved in the sport that stuck with it.

I have run a bunch of newbie only woodsball paintball tournaments that went over well.

I have teched markers for countless hours at local fields

I own two teams and I coach for a group of local youngins

when I had my store open I would do once a month free tech classes for people who were new to the sport, so they wouldn't be overwhelmed with there new gear.

we run events for local charities, we did one for MS, and one for breast cancer awareness last season.

if you realize it or not you are an ambassador to our sport your actions have a huge bearing on whether the newbies are going to stick around or not. and how the outside world perceives us!
do you know why paintball is as big as it is? because a lot of good people spent the time money and energy to promote it in a positive way, sadly most of them are gone now and the game is left in your hands.

I think that we all need to show paintball in a positive light in order to keep the game moving forward, and for those of you who are in here saying you are doing nothing to help, or worse yet you came in here being a dick, step aside get out of paintball if you don't enjoy it anymore find a new way to spend your time and money, we will all be better off.
__________________
1989er
RIP Charles Nelson
WMASS REGULATORS
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/WMASSREGULATORS
my blog,Life Behind Lenses:
http://lifebehindlenses.blogspot.com/
help Adam
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2796449

Last edited by captainspaulding : 12-27-2008 at 09:28 AM.
captainspaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:46 PM #48
ih8ipods
Way diffrent in real life
 
ih8ipods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lloydminster Canada
i bring total newbs or people with limited experience into tournaments and show them what a good enviroment it is ive brang in 6 people in one week once and they were all talking about getting other people to start teams and join teams already and get this the tournament we were in we got 2nd last and they didnt care cause it was alot of fun
__________________
www.edmontonpaintball.com- Click it, ya know you wanna

PLEASE STOP USING DUBSTEP IN ANY AND ALL PAINTBALL VIDEOS CAUSE REALLY ITS JUST HARD TO WATCH WITH THAT UNINTELLIGIBLE GARBAGE PLAYING.


On average NPPL and semi players can satisfy their girlfriends and wives much better than PSP and ramping players :)
ih8ipods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:32 PM #49
soorealphear18 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: pennyslvania
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainspaulding View Post
I have gotten 20 + new players involved in the sport that stuck with it.

I have run a bunch of newbie only woodsball paintball tournaments that went over well.

I have teched markers for countless hours at local fields

I own two teams and I coach for a group of local youngins

when I had my store open I would do once a month free tech classes for people who were new to the sport, so they wouldn't be overwhelmed with there new gear.

we run events for local charities, we did one for MS, and one for breast cancer awareness last season.

if you realize it or not you are an ambassador to our sport your actions have a huge bearing on whether the newbies are going to stick around or not. and how the outside world perceives us!
do you know why paintball is as big as it is? because a lot of good people spent the time money and energy to promote it in a positive way, sadly most of them are gone now and the game is left in your hands.

I think that we all need to show paintball in a positive light in order to keep the game moving forward, and for those of you who are in here saying you are doing nothing to help, or worse yet you came in here being a dick, step aside get out of paintball if you don't enjoy it anymore find a new way to spend your time and money, we will all be better off.



amen
soorealphear18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:17 PM #50
yankeesrule0330
Xplosion Paintball REPN
 
yankeesrule0330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The 610 SOPENN
yankeesrule0330 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
yankeesrule0330 supports Team VICIOUS
i have personally got 10 people into the tournament paintball scene
yankeesrule0330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:34 PM #51
halfro41
 
 
halfro41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
yea ive pulled alot of players into the sport and into leagues that need the support to grow...what have you done?
halfro41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:33 PM #52
cabaniss1991 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alabama
i break into houses where little boys live and put a tippmann under their pillow... only been caught once
cabaniss1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:35 PM #53
Seaman24
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabaniss1991 View Post
i break into houses where little boys live and put a tippmann under their pillow... only been caught once
hahaha hes the Michal Jackson of paintball. watch OUT little boys , hes comin for you!
Seaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:55 PM #54
helloproto12
Rimkus
 
helloproto12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chi-town
helloproto12 plays in the PSP
helloproto12 is playing at Living Legends III
helloproto12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
helloproto12 posts videos on PbNation
haha self censor
__________________
University of Illinois | College of Business -- ΣΧ
Chicagoland Paintball
------------
helloproto12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:49 AM #55
infamousaddict
takes the snake...
 
infamousaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: INFAMOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by avant_shadow View Post
Well let's hear it...WTF are you doing to promote the sport? And don't give me that B.S. about "Oh I play every weekend and compete in tournaments." Any ******* with a gun can do that...

What are you doing to help the sport grow? What are you doing to help give the sport a positive image so the rest of society learns to accept it into mainstream culture? What are you doing to unify paintballers across the nation and across the world?

first of all, your sig gives paintball a bad image

second of all, paintball isn't going to grow until there's one accepted pro league and speedball sheds all ties with woodsball (which is holding paintball as a sport back)

and personally I promote paintball by only playing speedball and pointing out the differences between the two. speedball is a sport and non-combative. It's tag.

It's the kids and scenario players with AK47's tippmanns ruining the sport. Paintball won't grow until we can shed that image.
__________________
Fan of L.A. Infamous and all it's players.

I hope for paintball to be considered a sport someday; excuse my "woodsball" hatred.
infamousaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:20 PM #56
shenaniganz (Banned)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
reading pb mags in public (facefull)
putting old issues in waiting rooms
putting cool backrounds on hotel computers
and more
shenaniganz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:07 PM #57
Madz
ProtoPower ^^
 
Madz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York
Tell my friends... Aaaand I play
EDIT: Oh, and yeah, I'm gonna buy myself some paintball casual wear to wear in public

Last edited by Madz : 01-04-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Madz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:51 PM #58
tsp8ntball
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousaddict View Post
It's the kids and scenario players with AK47's tippmanns ruining the sport. Paintball won't grow until we can shed that image.

You got it part way right. It's the kids with AK47's tippmanns ruining the sport.

There is nothing wrong with playing in the woods.

Now, to answer the op's question - I run a field that is noob friendly.
__________________
T-Square Paintball

Read my paintball stuff here!
Paintball Etiquette
Essential Paintball Gear
Paintball Buddy Gun and more...
http://www.squidoo.com/my_squidoo_li...intball_lenses
tsp8ntball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:06 PM #59
shenaniganz (Banned)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousaddict View Post
first of all, your sig gives paintball a bad image

second of all, paintball isn't going to grow until there's one accepted pro league and speedball sheds all ties with woodsball (which is holding paintball as a sport back)

and personally I promote paintball by only playing speedball and pointing out the differences between the two. speedball is a sport and non-combative. It's tag.

It's the kids and scenario players with AK47's tippmanns ruining the sport. Paintball won't grow until we can shed that image.
I LOVE YOU
shenaniganz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:08 PM #60
shenaniganz (Banned)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsp8ntball View Post
You got it part way right. It's the kids with AK47's tippmanns ruining the sport.

There is nothing wrong with playing in the woods.

Now, to answer the op's question - I run a field that is noob friendly.
yea, but it hurts the image by army wannabes and milsim specops ****.
plus all the fat rednecks who play woods too
shenaniganz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:43 PM #61
fs8frenzy
im a silly goose
 
fs8frenzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sparta
fs8frenzy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
off topic, but how epic would a college paintball game be lol
__________________
TX
Originally posted by Moodog: No, drugs are the last thing
I'd want to get addicted to. (Sex being the first)
Pump Scout has a little dick.
fs8frenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:12 PM #62
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against
 
NoelyDeezNutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Westchester, NY
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
I run events that bring new players into the sport... I make sure that they have a ton of fun... which means no electros for the day... I make sure that they are going to come back and play again.
This year, the first event is planned, and the number im looking to get is 60-75 people.
My goal for the year is 200 people.

I also take the time out of my time at the field to help people with gun issues.
I also take the time out of my game to help people with tips and hints.
I also take the time out of my day to come onto PBN and help people out.

now the question is... What do YOU do to promote the sport?
__________________
Killing for the Hungry Fat Chicks
I support: PBChic, Planet Eclipse & Understood
SameBIG CHIEF - I've met plenty of tools who own a Luxe. Looks like they failed on the tool less aspect.
NoelyDeezNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:52 AM #63
infamousaddict
takes the snake...
 
infamousaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: INFAMOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fs8frenzy View Post
off topic, but how epic would a college paintball game be lol
what?
__________________
Fan of L.A. Infamous and all it's players.

I hope for paintball to be considered a sport someday; excuse my "woodsball" hatred.
infamousaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump