PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-20-2009, 04:06 PM #22
Cazort
Teh Cazca

good. i was in town a few months ago also and they only had like 3 airball bunkers aired up, and they looked like sheit

hopefully they do the whole field.

Go Dallas Cowboys
Cazort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2009, 08:58 AM #23
Cazort
Teh Cazca

Put up the Airball field for Sunday! DO IT!

Go Dallas Cowboys
Cazort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:17 AM #24
kylereganmiller.ION

Anyone gunna be there this weekend?
kylereganmiller.ION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:08 AM #25
bdare
NOR*CAL

I'm going Saturday. There's always a good crowd on either day.
GA 68/45
Halo V35 w/rip
bdare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:40 PM #26
Jsin269

I played here last weekend and I had a blast!! Our ref. Jason was awesome and it sucks that this field is so far from where I live. Make no mistake I will go here as often as I can. I just want to say thanks to Colin for helping me out when my gun stopped working.
Jsin269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:22 AM #27
AllBall_Sports1

AllBall_Sports1 is playing at Living Legends III
AllBall_Sports1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AllBall_Sports1 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopaloop View Post
Now for the bad things I noticed. WIPING!!! ...I witnessed wiping on multiple occasions, very obvious wiping, for the non-grouped (I'm guessing regular players). I would also have to rate it a C- for your average walk-on speedballer.
Wiping ???... what you may have experienced is something that has been diagnosed as N.T.P.O.S.W.S. - some outbreaks have been reported in the Forney area.

It's not as big of a drag or long lasting as Lyme Disease but it is known to cause immediate flare ups of frustration and a flurry of sudden verbal outbursts even on occasions causing a foaming of the mouth or incidental flying spittle accompanied by a lingering feeling of having been cheated- in some players it is often confused with Turret's Syndrome due to the seemingly uncontrollable momentary use of at least one language.

The NorthTexasPaintOverSprayWipingSyndrome usually subsides in mid-summer.

Benadryl doesn't help and neither does that oatmeal soap stuff.

The only known preventative is to use ALLSTAR PRO- orange ultra fill.

I think the facility gets an A and the refs are sometimes faced with an impossible job.

don@allballsports.net

FACEBOOK
AllBall_Sports1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 03:26 PM #28
original_skooter
OG Sunday Crew

original_skooter is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
original_skooter owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopaloop View Post
I went here for the first time yesterday. I play speed ball almost exclusively, however yesterday I was with a group of rec ballers for a birthday party. We had our own ref for the day that coordinated the games and teams all day (just for us), which was really cool. Some of the fields there are extremely fun to play on.

Now for the bad things I noticed. WIPING!!! While waiting to play with my group, I witnessed wiping on multiple occasions, very obvious wiping, for the non-grouped (I'm guessing regular players). I'm talking a dude shot in the face and on the hopper, ducked behind, cleaned himself off, and kept playing. This is probably due only having one ref on the field while these large games (20+) were played, he can only do so much. It's these types of situations that turn new people away from paintball, especially at a place like official where it seems like they get a large turn out of newer players. I understand its different, but Gatsplat has fields 1/4 the size of these and they have 2+ refs every game.

The only airball field there was not inflated. That's not really a big deal, but I much prefer airball fields to the hyperball fields, especially when they don't clean them and there is a 1 inch thick coating of paintball crap.

So I would rank this field an A for rec/scenario ballers with their own group, great treatment and excellent courses. I would also have to rate it a C- for your average walk-on speedballer.

My 2-cents, I hope it helps.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:47 PM #29
switchblade12
DallasRoots

skooter you better be there this Sunday with a pump, or I'm going to ride you around the field like a skooter.
switchblade12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:50 AM #30
AllBall_Sports1

AllBall_Sports1 is playing at Living Legends III
AllBall_Sports1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AllBall_Sports1 supports Team VICIOUS
we had a group visit the shop yesterday for some gear- they are OFPGOT regulars and they were talking about how they dealt with a rash of players that got shot but would not get out

the went to their truck, put down their pump and picked up their 08EGO and their SL8r and returned to the next game- the folks they shot accused them of overshooting in the match that followed.

"No- we didn't overshoot. Apparently you have a hard time getting out because it takes a lot of paint for you to see that you are hit and get out of the game after you are shot so we decided to help you out with that."

A peeved off mom whose son shoots a blue mini wanted to know what kind of paint was turning the inside of her laundry baskets orange. She bought her son two cases of the same. It's on.

don@allballsports.net

FACEBOOK
AllBall_Sports1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:22 AM #31
bdare
NOR*CAL

I have to agree. I regularly play at OFPGOT. Although I've rarely witnessed the physical wipe I have shot players that stayed in. Now I do have a tendency to pull the trigger till I see their hand go up in surrender. Seems to work well.
GA 68/45
Halo V35 w/rip
Old 04-14-2009, 07:33 AM #32
switchblade12
DallasRoots

get a gogg full of all star and you have no choice
switchblade12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:42 AM #33
bdare
NOR*CAL

True that. All-Star is truly un-wipable....
GA 68/45
Halo V35 w/rip
Old 04-14-2009, 08:22 AM #34
bigdaddy-cool
God of Thunder

bigdaddy-cool is a Supporting Member
bigdaddy-cool plays in the PSP
bigdaddy-cool has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
bigdaddy-cool supports Empire
There is no more or no less cheating at OPGT than any other paintball field. Everyone does the best they can but a ref can't be everywhere at every moment. It is up to the person to play correctly., but by the same token you can shoot from corner to corner on a field and try to call someone out on a toe /pack hit either. It amazes me that everytime a player shoots his gun they "hit" someone but tht person always "wipes" it, & yet never seem to be caught....Use the All-Star, I play with a PUMP at OPGT and for the most part I never seem to have a problem getting people to "take the walk", but there are those days when I just can't seem to hit squat, miss by a mile and get lit like a christmas tree, but maybe it is not really me, maybe I am being cheated by "wipers"

OPGT does a good job in all areas and a great job in some. They/ we need to better at catching the cheaters so that everyone has a good time. But the next time you are at a field and SEE a wipe (not suspect/ or are not playing that game, ) but reall SEE it, say something-tell the ref--yell it out--call the cheating SOB on it, peer pressure is a powerful tool. When we as players stop "accepting' cheating, by either doing it, or our silence when it happens, when we as a group stop, the cheating will (almost ) stop

Sorry for the rant, Props to OPGT, come out some sunday and try to shoot an OLD FAt man ...but remember, I shoot a pump loaded with All-Star Pro

And if you happen to be in the market for a Good Pump gun...Go see Don at All Ball Sports in Garland, the man has EVERYTHING
Hi, My Name is Robert Jordan what's yours
bigdaddy-cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:37 PM #35
The Real Azrael

I have gone to this field about 3 times now, and really enjoy it. The refs are absolutely fantastic and multiply the enjoyment of the experience. Granted, each time I have gone, it's been with a group that I work with, so we're all fairly trustworthy players and are just out to have a good time.

As far as the field variety, I would say it is top-notch. From speed-ball(esque) to the deepest of woods, they have a field for every player. I especially like the little extra touches they put on some of their fields, like the abandoned helicopter at the BlackHawk Down field (no it's not a blackhawk, it's a huey.... but huey down just doesn't have the same ring).

They are going to be changing the rule of bringing your own paint soon, but it's not actually that bad if the "paint discount cards" do give a decent discount. I would still prefer to use my own paint of choice though.... but business is business....
The Real Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:35 AM #36
CherrySquishee
Part time pod boy

CherrySquishee helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Azrael View Post
They are going to be changing the rule of bringing your own paint soon, but it's not actually that bad if the "paint discount cards" do give a decent discount. I would still prefer to use my own paint of choice though.... but business is business....

I could understand why to a point. It seems the crap paint thats been banned from the field still shows up more than it should have. But as long as Collin and Vanessa provide more options to paint with comparable pricing it may be ok....... Im getting mixed reviews at this point. Well see.....

I actually enjoy going across town to see Don and Izzy at AllBall Sports. I was planning to get sum to that nice All Star paint. I wished they still had the old ProBall stuff, that was sum goooooodddd ****e.
CherrySquishee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:14 AM #37
kylereganmiller.ION

When was the last time they had a tourney?..
Old 04-20-2009, 12:47 PM #38
bigdaddy-cool
God of Thunder

it has been ahwile since the last tourney....but they are going to start having them again soon.

they will also be including a PUMP division in the tourneys so those people who wish to play without buying lots and lots of paint can play
Old 04-20-2009, 01:07 PM #39
original_skooter
OG Sunday Crew

original_skooter is a Supporting Member
original_skooter owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy-cool View Post
they will also be including a PUMP division in the tourneys so those people who wish to play without buying lots and lots of paint can play
sweet. i can play an entire tourney on half a case of paint.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:02 PM #40
kylereganmiller.ION

Any one going tomorrow or Sunday?
Old 05-01-2009, 10:22 PM #41
bigdaddy-cool
God of Thunder

Yes if the rain don't shut us out
Old 05-01-2009, 11:37 PM #42
bdare
NOR*CAL

Gotta be honest... not happy at all with the FPO at Official.
GA 68/45
Halo V35 w/rip

Last edited by bdare : 11-01-2010 at 03:31 PM.
ReplyRegional Ups