PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-22-2008, 12:37 AM #1
S-LOOMIS
SOCOM Finatic

18 to buy paint?

So i am 16 and i walked into Scheels to buy paint. I get 2 cases of RPS flash because it is cheap and i open it and check the bags for breaks. No breaks so i walk up to the check out counter. I set my 2 open cases of paint on the table and say "Hows it goin?" to the shortest fugly ***** that then asks for my id. I was like you need an id to buy paint. I said i opened this and every thing and she says i need to be 18. I try and convince her to let me buy paint and she wont let me so i say **** this **** and walk out.

Also today i walk into Scheels to fill my air tank. I walk up to the fill thing and say to this fat *** ****er "Can you fill this up for me?" and he says are you 18? I say no, but my dad is around the corner so he is with me (thinking that this dumb *** will let me and i will go scott free) and he takes my tank cover off and begins to fill and while he fills it he says your dad can come pick it up after i am done. So i say forget it and he takes a min. and a half to my ****ing tank cover on and i say ill take it to my paintball shop to fill it.

My question to you guys why cant i buy paint and fill air without being 18. Am i going to throw a full DXS 68/45 180$ tank at someone or what. Can you really kill someone with a paintball? I mean for real, i understand a 10 year old asking to fill his steel piece of **** tank up that is passed hydro but come on. I paintball every weekend and i own this expensive *** tank why cant you fill it up? I guess they dont want my 80 bucks for paint.

So all in all what do you guys think of the 18 rule on paint and air? At least my paintball shop lets me buy paint and fill.

Thanks for reading!
S-LOOMIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2008, 12:01 PM #2
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
That's a store issue. WalMart has the same rules, 18 to buy paintball gear of any sort. A store is free to make their own rules that exceed the legal limitations of selling gear.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:11 PM #3
CheckerBoard

I've never run into any trouble at Canadian Tire, but they just have to take the full tank or the paint up to the counter for me, I'm not allowed to walk it up. As for walmart, I've bought gear there before without problems.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:04 PM #4
S-LOOMIS
SOCOM Finatic

Ya i guess that makes sense, o well i will take take an extra 10 mins to drive to my store to get stuff
S-LOOMIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:53 AM #5
Im at school 23

Im at school 23 plays in the PSP
i went to dicks in il once a sporting goods store and almost got kicked out cause i wasnt 18 and was in the paintball aile i was like wtf and this old dude told me that i was going to shoot my eye out i was like ok and this guy acted like he was my dad he was a nice dude found out he worked for procaps and thought i looked like a regular player which i am he even got the dude to fill my tank for me
Im at school 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:07 AM #6
CheckerBoard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im at school 23 View Post
this old dude told me that i was going to shoot my eye out
What is this, A Christmas Story?
Old 12-23-2008, 11:31 AM #7
Ringwood1237

Well I'm 18 so I don't really care anymore, but it was a hassle a couple years ago. Just don't go to Wal Mart or Scheels to buy paintball stuff. Chances are it's not very good anyways.

I know at the pro shop that I go to now, you don't have to be 18 to buy really anything. I see a bunch of 12 year olders in there all the time...The employees have enough common sense to tell who it is appropriate to sell paintball stuff to.
"You know... You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan." But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds! Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."

Permanent brother with: paintballfreak45_2
Ringwood1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:18 PM #8
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
^ Yet another reason to support your local proshops.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:22 PM #9
ih8ipods
Way diffrent in real life

indeed then only thing ive bought from walmart was pods cause i needed theem for a tourney the next day. but its fun to go and confuse the walmart sports guy who dosent know anything about paintball

PLEASE STOP USING DUBSTEP IN ANY AND ALL PAINTBALL VIDEOS CAUSE REALLY ITS JUST HARD TO WATCH WITH THAT UNINTELLIGIBLE GARBAGE PLAYING.

On average NPPL and semi players can satisfy their girlfriends and wives much better than PSP and ramping players :)
ih8ipods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:33 PM #10
whats paintball

whats paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
whats paintball supports Team VICIOUS
whats paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8ipods View Post
indeed then only thing ive bought from walmart was pods cause i needed theem for a tourney the next day. but its fun to go and confuse the walmart sports guy who dosent know anything about paintball
ha i do that all the time, "uhm do you know how to adjust the lpr on this thing, cuz im looking at buying it?" ha they just like poop themselves
whats paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:49 PM #11
CheckerBoard

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats paintball View Post
ha i do that all the time, "uhm do you know how to adjust the lpr on this thing, cuz im looking at buying it?" ha they just like poop themselves
I just speak gibberish with random paintball lingo thrown in:
"Hey, can you tell me how I could fix the ram on my spyder? I LPRed it and now it chops constantly and the eyes look broken and the wire is pinched. I don't know how to put paintballs in the gun and what is that pully lever thing for on the handle?"
Old 01-02-2009, 07:13 PM #12
shenaniganz (Banned)

cause america is stupid and won't look at important **** like all the drug sales at schools
shenaniganz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:19 PM #13
zeke67
CHAOS

I hate it my local pro shop wont sell me a gun or paint now cuz they got in trouble i am 16 and play every week so once a week im in dicks with my dad buyin paint....what a waste
zeke67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:41 PM #14
dylanmcleod

it is so stupid having so be 18 to buy that stuff, its not like a true paintballer would go out of the store and shoot someone
dylanmcleod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:12 PM #15
Seventytwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckerBoard View Post
I just speak gibberish with random paintball lingo thrown in:
"Hey, can you tell me how I could fix the ram on my spyder? I LPRed it and now it chops constantly and the eyes look broken and the wire is pinched. I don't know how to put paintballs in the gun and what is that pully lever thing for on the handle?"
Hahaha

University of Colorado Paintball

Pinokio Hoppers
Seventytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:35 PM #16
paintballingmigit

here in cali any big brand name will give you that exact bull****, but u walk in to any where dedicated to air-guns or even guns for that matter and they will sell you any thing you want.......... Back when i was like 10 Big 5 wouldn't even sell me paint for my .50 cal blowgun!!
Old 02-02-2009, 08:30 AM #17
JoeyDG
cat got your tongue?

They are protecting their business by protecting their customers. . . .

Good on 'em for having rules and sticking to them.

CXBL | Real XBALL | 15.4BPS | cxbl.ca | joey@xball.com
JoeyDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:57 PM #18
dtargetadv

they are just trying to keep themslves fom getting sewed
dtargetadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:41 AM #19
DrSquid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanmcleod View Post
it is so stupid having so be 18 to buy that stuff, its not like a true paintballer would go out of the store and shoot someone
Im sure this is exactly there point. How is some random person who works at walmart going to know if u are a true paintballer or just some punk goin to shoot ****? There just covering there ***
DrSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:44 PM #20
Zappy The Wise Panda

only thing i wasnt allowed to buy was heros for a day because it has "Explicit Language"
Zappy The Wise Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:53 PM #21
Str8Rider.
I need a tank pm me.

lulz
Shamong, NJ-609 268 8901
Str8Rider. is offline   Reply With Quote