Keep it at 13.3 BPS 51 57.95%
Change it to match the new PSP ROF 37 42.05%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2009, 04:15 PM #43
mhookit

mhookit is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
mhookit donated to help Peyton Trent
i like the idea of open at 12 bps and novice at 10 bps.

was wondering when the seps will decide on the bps issue?
mhookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2009, 09:58 PM #44
ollielangjr
DSA

ollielangjr plays in the PSP
ollielangjr is playing at Living Legends III
ollielangjr owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ollielangjr supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhookit View Post
i like the idea of open at 12 bps and novice at 10 bps.
Im totally down with that idea. It could also help reduce the issue of "sandbagging" and maby encourage some of the novice teams to move up with the big boys.

ollielangjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:52 PM #45
4banger
AP Factory

4banger plays in the PSP
4banger donated to help Peyton Trent
4banger plays in the APPA D3 division
still working on it.
65 South/AP Factory Sponsored by Ourselves now. lol
4banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:23 AM #46
Thunderstick
MacDev 4 Life

SEPS is using the APPA registration this year, which will allow some teams to stack their roster with talent that still classifies them as beginner/novice. The good thing is that there is a tool there to help track experience. With the role call thread earlier, it appears as tho there are several new Open teams this year, it should be a good one.

We will always talk about sandbagging, its just what we like to do.
Thunderstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:22 PM #47
4banger
AP Factory

4banger plays in the PSP
Sandbagging will always occur. It is our goal to minimize it and encourage players to play within their skill level. You only get better playing better teams and players, not beating up on lesser players. Personally, I would be embarrassed to play down. I am truely a D2/D3 player and wouldn't be competitive in D1 and would be playing down in D4/D5. With the open and novice classifications, there is unfortunately room for being in the middle too much. I still encourage players to take the jump and get in open when they are ready. Thanks,

mark
Old 01-06-2009, 04:40 PM #48
Gatekeeper#1

on that note the gatekeepers are looking for 2 or 3 players to play the whole psp season with them. we are a d4 5 man team if interested pm me thanks
Gatekeeper#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:12 PM #49
bcpudge7
iSPY Photography

bcpudge7 is a Paintball photographer
bcpudge7 supports Cereal Killerz 2
bcpudge7 supports Team VICIOUS
Open is going to be amazing this year. I'm so glad we bumped last year, now we are prepared and ready to put up some serious competition.
bcpudge7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:34 PM #50
G-Rock
I SHOOT DEAD PEOPLE!!!

G-Rock supports Cereal Killerz 2
I thought I would just throw this up...3 of the 5 field owners that fields this series will be held at this year voted for 10 bps..

G
Clarksville Defiance, Coach
Sponsored by:
Gateway Action Sports
VALKEN
NINJA Air Systems
G-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:47 PM #51
bcpudge7
iSPY Photography

bcpudge7 is a Paintball photographer
bcpudge7 supports Cereal Killerz 2
bcpudge7 supports Team VICIOUS
Cool.
bcpudge7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:58 PM #52
Vice Versa
Travis Pennington

Annual Supporting Member
Vice Versa is a Paintball photographer
Vice Versa plays in the PSP
Vice Versa plays in the APPA D3 division
Vice Versa is Boss
Vice Versa is a Forum Captain
Seriously though, 10bps isn't that bad, it just sucks we keep having to buy new stuff or get boards re-flashed simply so we can adjust. Although, I do think everyone is doing "what they believe" is best for the sport.

My two cents.
<3

VSB Lord on deck. Respect and salute your superior officer, kids.
Vice Versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:42 PM #53
jamesp

I would like for us to look at this REALLY HARD again.......

Open class, the experienced players of the SEPS, shooting 13.3. Many of the open teams/ players have multi events under their belts, at this speed (even faster i.e. 15).
The novice class shooting 10 bps. Use this as a building stage to the open class.

Now lets play the numbers game. In 2007 SEPS had 12 OPEN teams total play for the year, ** 12 teams were not at each events, a total of 12 teams played throughout the year. 18 different NOVICE teams throughout the 2007 season. 16 teams played OPEN division for 2008, thus an increase of 33%. 31 NOVICE teams played throughout 2008 season, thus an increase of 82%. I did all that to say this....... IF SEPS WANTS TO CONTINUE TO SEE INCREASES AS IN THE PAST, WE MUST BRING MORE TEAMS TO THE SERIES.

I am not saying 10 bps will do it, BUT you can not prove it will not!

Here's a few more numbers to play with..... Take a minute and review the poll the individuals who voted 13.3. Appx 54% of the votes were from players who played the series last year 2 or more times. 3% came from a field owner/host. Appx 23% other i.e support/parents
In the PSP change 61% came from players from last year with 2 or more events, 14% came from field owners/host, 25% support/parents.

*** some numbers may be off a point or two but not by much

I would curious to see how many are game to the 13.3 open/ 10 novice idea, some have already voiced they would change the vote.

I am not trying to step on toes, or stir the pot. I think SEPS is great for this area and will support what ever is decided. This is just another view form the corner.......

James P

Support your LOCAL fields!!!

Last edited by jamesp : 01-07-2009 at 08:45 PM.
jamesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:18 PM #54
krazykarl_13

krazykarl_13 plays in the PSP
krazykarl_13 plays in the APPA D3 division
i honestly do not think that 10 bps or 13 bps will ultimately affect teams coming to the seps events. teams will come to the events because of the quality reffing, nice fields, and ultimately the friendly and laid back atmosphere that the series provides. in the end the main supporters of the league just want to get out and have fun ballin with their friends. i'm pretty sure that is the view of Shockforce

(i voted 13.3 bps if it matters)
Old 01-07-2009, 10:25 PM #55
andyconley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
I would like for us to look at this REALLY HARD again.......

Open class, the experienced players of the SEPS, shooting 13.3. Many of the open teams/ players have multi events under their belts, at this speed (even faster i.e. 15).
The novice class shooting 10 bps. Use this as a building stage to the open class.

Now lets play the numbers game. In 2007 SEPS had 12 OPEN teams total play for the year, ** 12 teams were not at each events, a total of 12 teams played throughout the year. 18 different NOVICE teams throughout the 2007 season. 16 teams played OPEN division for 2008, thus an increase of 33%. 31 NOVICE teams played throughout 2008 season, thus an increase of 82%. I did all that to say this....... IF SEPS WANTS TO CONTINUE TO SEE INCREASES AS IN THE PAST, WE MUST BRING MORE TEAMS TO THE SERIES.

I am not saying 10 bps will do it, BUT you can not prove it will not!

Here's a few more numbers to play with..... Take a minute and review the poll the individuals who voted 13.3. Appx 54% of the votes were from players who played the series last year 2 or more times. 3% came from a field owner/host. Appx 23% other i.e support/parents
In the PSP change 61% came from players from last year with 2 or more events, 14% came from field owners/host, 25% support/parents.

*** some numbers may be off a point or two but not by much

I would curious to see how many are game to the 13.3 open/ 10 novice idea, some have already voiced they would change the vote.

I am not trying to step on toes, or stir the pot. I think SEPS is great for this area and will support what ever is decided. This is just another view form the corner.......

James P
Im not trying to stir the pot or step on your toes James, but if the Novice is moved back to 10 bps for the 09 season than what next for 2010? maybe 8 bps or lower, hey if we slow down to 5 bps maybe my mother will play on my team.

Last edited by andyconley : 01-07-2009 at 10:39 PM.
andyconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:36 PM #56
G-Rock
I SHOOT DEAD PEOPLE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyconley View Post
Im not trying to stir the pot or step on your toes James, but if the Novice is moved back to 10 bps for the 09 season than what next for 2010? maybe 8 bps or lower, hey if we slow down to 5 bps maybe my mother will play on my team.
Well Andy, you are looking for players! Maybe that will be a good option for you!

Maybe the field owners know what is going on with this sport. I mean we are the one out there every weekend with the new players trying to get them to continue. It is the field owners responsibility to get new players into the sport and keep them coming back. To grow both tournament, scenario, and the recreational side of paintball.

I don't know how many of you remember the semi days, but it was a lot more enjoyable to watch and play in. I mean come on Mark I remember when you used to complain to me about how there was no skill with ramping, that anyone can shoot fast now and that anyone can run and gun with it.

At 10 bps, yes anyone can run and gun, but not everyone can move. Not everyone can break open a lane, so the skill of the player comes out.

Is SEPS a regional league, and as a regional league, shouldn't we want to grow paintball in the area!

"SEPS goal is to bring quality 5 man paintball back to the region." This is right off the website. Well how can we bring quality 5 man back to the region when we are not helping grow tournament paintball?

G
Sponsored by:
Gateway Action Sports
VALKEN
NINJA Air Systems
Old 01-09-2009, 12:07 PM #57
jamesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyconley View Post
Andy don't worry it takes alot more than internet words to hurt my feelings....

I want to make clear, First I support SEPS and will follow the direction that will decide the future of the series. Secondly I UNDERSTAND in fustration of the players. I would hate to buy a new gun to find out that it is obsulet 2 days, 3weeks, or even 1-3 months later. But that is the monster the the "industry" has developed.

As many of you know, or ask my business partner, I am an old school/numbers kind of guy. In 2007 in bps was 15.4 particaptation was 31teams total for the year in NOVICE DIVISION, 2008 bps was 13.3 particaptation was 79 teams total (155% increase) OK OK OK I will address this before someone points it out 2007 had 2 fields, 2008 had 4 fields. So.....
using the original 2 fields/ 4 events 2007 had an average of 7 teams (unable to use May/ program error and August/ 9 teams showed for novice and open total) compare to 2008 numbers for the same 2 fields/ 4 events average was 11 teams (57% increase). What happen..... lower bps more teams?????

To answer your question about 2010 season, I have no clue! Using the proposal of 13.3 bps open/ 10 bps novice, it gives you (the player/team) something not often seen in paintball OPTIONS!!! Your team can play at 13.3 and battle it out or 10 bps to progress to the next level.

Andy I have talked to you many times personally and respect your opinion/views, I will continue to ask you for your opinion, because it matters. This is by no means an attack on you or your person. I feel we, as players, need to look at paintball as a whole equation. I love watching the speedballers go at it, but I have to ask what are you/we doing to bring in more? If you/we are doing nothing to develop new teams/players, we/SEPS will fall like Troy/MSPA.

James P

Support your LOCAL fields!!!
jamesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:35 PM #58
krazykarl_13

krazykarl_13 plays in the PSP
krazykarl_13 plays in the APPA D3 division
personally, i think the growth of the series simply had to do with word of mouth. numbers for a two year old league don't seem very valid. once again i'm gonna play either way
Old 01-10-2009, 05:35 PM #59
andyconley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
Andy don't worry it takes alot more than internet words to hurt my feelings....

I want to make clear, First I support SEPS and will follow the direction that will decide the future of the series. Secondly I UNDERSTAND in fustration of the players. I would hate to buy a new gun to find out that it is obsulet 2 days, 3weeks, or even 1-3 months later. But that is the monster the the "industry" has developed.

As many of you know, or ask my business partner, I am an old school/numbers kind of guy. In 2007 in bps was 15.4 particaptation was 31teams total for the year in NOVICE DIVISION, 2008 bps was 13.3 particaptation was 79 teams total (155% increase) OK OK OK I will address this before someone points it out 2007 had 2 fields, 2008 had 4 fields. So.....
using the original 2 fields/ 4 events 2007 had an average of 7 teams (unable to use May/ program error and August/ 9 teams showed for novice and open total) compare to 2008 numbers for the same 2 fields/ 4 events average was 11 teams (57% increase). What happen..... lower bps more teams?????

To answer your question about 2010 season, I have no clue! Using the proposal of 13.3 bps open/ 10 bps novice, it gives you (the player/team) something not often seen in paintball OPTIONS!!! Your team can play at 13.3 and battle it out or 10 bps to progress to the next level.

Andy I have talked to you many times personally and respect your opinion/views, I will continue to ask you for your opinion, because it matters. This is by no means an attack on you or your person. I feel we, as players, need to look at paintball as a whole equation. I love watching the speedballers go at it, but I have to ask what are you/we doing to bring in more? If you/we are doing nothing to develop new teams/players, we/SEPS will fall like Troy/MSPA.

James P
Well said James, we will support the SEPS and will play regaurdless of the decision made on the matter of the ROF.
andyconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:33 AM #60
Mr. Speed
agent of chaos

Mr. Speed plays in the APPA D4 division
Mr. Speed has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I say at least keep it 13.3/10. Whats 1.3 bps. If that happens you might as well change it totally so I don't have to change my gun between events.

Personally, I think the skill factor is B.S. When I played last year I didn't see anyone that didn't have a gun just as fast as mine, so the equipment point doesn't fly. If you want to bring up equipment you could talk about guns not being able to go to 10 bps. Kids shouldn't bite off more than they can chew, crawl before you walk, and be ready before you play tournaments. Rec ballers are being turned off by bing overshot on saturdays, not tournament players. There really is no GOOD reason to cut the rof except for opinions and maybe insurance (if that is true)

Besides, SEPS might gain a few teams because of the ROF dropping everywhere else. Thats one reason I wanted to play SEPS.......

I voted 13.3

DRANK 2012 MiLP Series Champs!!!
Mr. Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:56 AM #61
G-Rock
I SHOOT DEAD PEOPLE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Speed View Post
Rec ballers are being turned off by bing overshot on saturdays, not tournament players.
And where do you think the paintball industry makes it money from? Yep you are right, rec ballers! I can say every field in this area that caters mainly to tournament ballers, well is struggling, while the fields that cater to rec ballers are STRIVING

I really don't think you are understanding this Mr.Speed. You see I have noticed you have complained in every forum on here and I think to have yet to read all the post!

Here let me put this in a nutshell for you okay!

THE MAJORITY OF THE PAINTBALL INDUSTRY HAS ASKED FOR THIS! THAT IS THE MAJORITY OF FIELD OWNERS, MARKER MANUFACTURERS, PAINT MANUFACTURERS, INSURANCE COMPANIES, MAGAZINE EDITORS, STORE OWNERS, YOU KNOW PEOPLE WHO TRY TO MAKE A LIVING OFF THIS INDUSTRY!

Oh and please before you say, well the people I have talked to are not for it! Notice I said majority, and you have not talked to me personally on this subject, so please quit talking for me!

G

P.W. Oh and Gateway Action Sports supports the PSP and Industry change to 10 BPS!
Sponsored by:
Gateway Action Sports
VALKEN
NINJA Air Systems
Old 01-14-2009, 01:39 PM #62
4banger
AP Factory

4banger plays in the PSP
After lots of thought and consultation with others, the 2009 ROF will be 12 for Open and 10 for Novice. Semi or psp ramping capped.

This decision is a bridge between conforming to the new industry standard and keeping players happy. If you play novice, you have to cap it at 10bps or under. Open players can enjoy a faster rof and a little more challenge due to the higher rof. Also, Open players can just cap it at 10bps to keep consistency with PSP or CFOA if they want.

I hope this decision is satisfactory to most of the players and we will keep working to make the SEPS the best regional series in the southeast. Again as always, I encourage any input(positive or negative) and lets get ready to rumble in March. Thanks,

mark
Old 01-15-2009, 02:29 PM #63
Mr. Speed
agent of chaos

Mr. Speed plays in the APPA D4 division
Mr. Speed has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rock View Post
And where do you think the paintball industry makes it money from? Yep you are right, rec ballers! I can say every field in this area that caters mainly to tournament ballers, well is struggling, while the fields that cater to rec ballers are STRIVING

I really don't think you are understanding this Mr.Speed. You see I have noticed you have complained in every forum on here and I think to have yet to read all the post!

Here let me put this in a nutshell for you okay!

THE MAJORITY OF THE PAINTBALL INDUSTRY HAS ASKED FOR THIS! THAT IS THE MAJORITY OF FIELD OWNERS, MARKER MANUFACTURERS, PAINT MANUFACTURERS, INSURANCE COMPANIES, MAGAZINE EDITORS, STORE OWNERS, YOU KNOW PEOPLE WHO TRY TO MAKE A LIVING OFF THIS INDUSTRY!

Oh and please before you say, well the people I have talked to are not for it! Notice I said majority, and you have not talked to me personally on this subject, so please quit talking for me!

G

P.W. Oh and Gateway Action Sports supports the PSP and Industry change to 10 BPS!
LOL What? I never said I spoke for you. If I had said the people I had talked to, and I hadn't talked to you, then you were not included..... And yes, I have complained in every forum. You've been for it in every forum.... So what. I guess I'm just out spoken. Like I've said to others, one day we may be on the same side and you'll be happy I speak my mind......

I understand rec ballers make up the greater buying force. Once they start playing tournaments then they are no longer rec ballers. They've chose to step up. Just like SEPS is doing, if you're a recballer or playing rec ballers cap it at 10. Whats happening, is @$$hole tournament players are lighting up rec ballers and scaring them off. If you've practiced and became skilled enough to step up to the faster paced tournament level play 13.3/15.4. I don't see the lower rates helping bring players to the sport/hobby, so, when it shows that it doesn't can we all go back to 15? Besides, if all the money is made from rec ballers, wouldn't you want to keep them rec ballers instead of tournament players? lol

And I get a condesending tone from your posts. I can't really tell, but just because I speak my opinion and it isn't the same as yours, don't speak down to me.

One question G. When SEPS plays at your field is it gonna be a 10 BPS capped tournament for open? Or are you gonna let the SEPS tournaments be able to play 12 for open. Not trying to be sarcastic, just thught I'd ask while we're on the subject.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger View Post
After lots of thought and consultation with others, the 2009 ROF will be 12 for Open and 10 for Novice. Semi or psp ramping capped.

This decision is a bridge between conforming to the new industry standard and keeping players happy. If you play novice, you have to cap it at 10bps or under. Open players can enjoy a faster rof and a little more challenge due to the higher rof. Also, Open players can just cap it at 10bps to keep consistency with PSP or CFOA if they want.

I hope this decision is satisfactory to most of the players and we will keep working to make the SEPS the best regional series in the southeast. Again as always, I encourage any input(positive or negative) and lets get ready to rumble in March. Thanks,

mark
Sounds good to me! I'm glad to see someone is listening to the MAJORITY OF TOURNAMENT PLAYERS I'VE TALKED TOO. I've had to get more specific here recently.....

DRANK 2012 MiLP Series Champs!!!
Mr. Speed is offline   Reply With Quote