ReplyRegional Ups

Old 12-19-2008, 12:12 AM #1
TriggaHappyKid
•••Love™•••

Annual Supporting Member
TriggaHappyKid is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Adventure Park CR Indoor Review

First off, I am in no way affiliated with the field. Heck, I'll only be here for less than 3 weeks. This is a completely unbiased review which I thought may help because there has been talk about it but from affiliated teams, people, etc.

The location itself is pretty good, you can get there from about anywhere in Cedar Rapids in 15 minutes or less. Its the only pro shop in Cedar Rapids/Marion and the proshop is stock pretty nicely from what I saw.

Staff:
Steve and Leslie are absolutely amazing. I don't think I had ever met them prior to this or at least don't really recall it. I was going to purchase a tophat oring for my dm7 and Leslie pulled one out of her personal kit; I think that says a lot. They kept the field and area very clean and games turned around quickly. Its obvious that they take pride in their work.

Field:
Its smaller than MPG but its definitely playable. 4v4 seemed to play really well. The turf is really nice quality, its also fairly soft for turf. It is extremely well lit which is very nice, several other indoors I have played in were poorly lit and it made it more difficult.

Price:
This team membership deal they have going on is a excellent deal. Its $45 minimum ($15 a month, 3 month minimum) and that gets you free air and entry to the field. It also allows you to play at team practice nights, where paint is $50 a case. Basically, if you plan on going there at least 3 times in the span of 3 months your foolish not to take advantage of it. I asked Leslie and this also covers getting your tank filled when you stop in to look at gear or buy parts.
Regular play - $65 a case
Team play - $50 a case
Free entry/air when the membership is purchased.

Paint:
Draxxus custom, pretty good paint. The shell is fairly brittle, relatively thick orange fill. Much better quality than Stinger which a lot of fields sell.

Overall, I'd highly recommend you check out this field.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2008, 08:43 AM #2
Special Ed BMX

Thank you for the review, I'm sure Bill, Tania, Steve, Leslie and EVERYBODY involved are grateful for your kind words.
Special Ed BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:24 PM #3
ciscob
EGO/DM

Nice write up
ciscob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:41 PM #4
Ju1Ce
RIP Towlie

has been a member for 10 years
Ju1Ce plays in the PSP
Ju1Ce owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ju1Ce plays in the APPA D3 division
nice review. Ill be there on Sunday.

$OG MW ARMY$
Ju1Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 04:22 PM #5
ShootEmUp23
Fat Ryan

could not agree more! great review sums up everything. i will be there sunday and team practice is on Tuesday this week. 5:30pm to 10:00pm.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:58 PM #6
Carnagge

my take is the hardcore tournament guys with funds will end up paying a total of 60.00 a time they go roughly. Not bad considering the alternatives...

68/4500 tank
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post64366912
Carnagge is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups