Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2008, 11:25 PM #106
captshorty7
Jason Kohout
 
captshorty7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: VA
captshorty7 plays in the PSP
captshorty7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
captshorty7 supports Team VICIOUS
captshorty7 is an NCPA player
captshorty7 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpedGreg View Post
paintball is paintball
yep thats true...why dont we have our own bps rate?
__________________
SEC Class A director
www.lupaintball.com
Christ Krew
Rusty Glaze fan club #7!!
captshorty7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2008, 11:35 PM #107
Skillet42565
99 problems. All *****es.
 
Skillet42565's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ken****y
Skillet42565 is an NCPA player
Skillet42565 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFAHerby View Post
yeah full auto, that's gonna make the games fun and interesting, + i'm sure it will cut down on paint bills

If you want to go play with full auto, I know of a good scenario team... they even have M4-like paintball guns and talk in code... pm me
I love you.
__________________
Shun wenches, acquire currency
I miss Third Eye
Skillet42565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:02 AM #108
fuzzynutzipper
 
 
fuzzynutzipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Milwaukee
fuzzynutzipper supports Cereal Killerz 2
fuzzynutzipper owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
fuzzynutzipper is an NCPA player
fuzzynutzipper plays in the APPA D5 division
if the ncpa goes to 10bps ramping, i'm building a pneu-mag.
__________________
UW Milwaukee Paintball

Feedback:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=956702
fuzzynutzipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:49 AM #109
misfitty
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
misfitty is a Supporting Member
If we go to ramping going to full auto at the same rof wont really change your paint consumption, for some people possibly but I don't see it affecting how much I shoot, when using ramping I'm normally pumping out a pretty consistent stream so going to full auto wouldn't change much in my opinion.

On a related note I shot probably the same amount of paint playing NEO as I did at our first college event using the exact same field layout. If we go to 10bps I wouldn't be surprised if I shot less.

One thing that hasn't really come up is that if we do in fact go to ramping, it might increase the need for fingers; in my opinion the NCPA (in class A anyways) has already gotten to the point where its players are skilled enough that even shooting semi they really help, nationals last year was a headache, the successful teams put all 5 guys in the back center and 2 cans and hitting the corners against a decent laning team was like a 25% gamble at best.

I know Raehl has always been very opposed to pillars because of them blocking camera angles and I can see your point, but I think that it has already been hard enough to play with a PSP layout with them simply removed on semi, ramping can only make it harder (especially when most teams are playing PSP layouts at their regional events with the pillars). So sorry for the little tangent but if we go ramping, I think its important we look into either using the pillars or making our own layouts because the PSP ones are designed to work with the pillars and without them there are typically enormous lanes, last years nationals layout pretty well epitomized this fact.
__________________
MISFIT TOYS - D2 XBALL PSU Paintball
Dan "Snack" Kerszencwejg Fanclub Member #8
Russian Legion Fanclub member 724
misfitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:35 AM #110
captshorty7
Jason Kohout
 
captshorty7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: VA
captshorty7 plays in the PSP
captshorty7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
captshorty7 supports Team VICIOUS
captshorty7 is an NCPA player
captshorty7 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitty View Post
If we go to ramping going to full auto at the same rof wont really change your paint consumption, for some people possibly but I don't see it affecting how much I shoot, when using ramping I'm normally pumping out a pretty consistent stream so going to full auto wouldn't change much in my opinion.

On a related note I shot probably the same amount of paint playing NEO as I did at our first college event using the exact same field layout. If we go to 10bps I wouldn't be surprised if I shot less.

One thing that hasn't really come up is that if we do in fact go to ramping, it might increase the need for fingers; in my opinion the NCPA (in class A anyways) has already gotten to the point where its players are skilled enough that even shooting semi they really help, nationals last year was a headache, the successful teams put all 5 guys in the back center and 2 cans and hitting the corners against a decent laning team was like a 25% gamble at best.

I know Raehl has always been very opposed to pillars because of them blocking camera angles and I can see your point, but I think that it has already been hard enough to play with a PSP layout with them simply removed on semi, ramping can only make it harder (especially when most teams are playing PSP layouts at their regional events with the pillars). So sorry for the little tangent but if we go ramping, I think its important we look into either using the pillars or making our own layouts because the PSP ones are designed to work with the pillars and without them there are typically enormous lanes, last years nationals layout pretty well epitomized this fact.
i totally agree that without pillars, that it would be really hard to make a corner especially on last years nationals layout
__________________
SEC Class A director
www.lupaintball.com
Christ Krew
Rusty Glaze fan club #7!!
captshorty7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:02 AM #111
Deimus85
Playground Legend
 
Deimus85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 609
Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Deimus85 plays in the PSP
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 is Immortal
cant go to ramping because then OU couldn't use their super fast karnivors
__________________
The Playground Paintball Park The PGPL
DLXValkenCaptain O-RingRaza

Playground Legends/Fast Five/Drexel University NCPA Alumni/Bulldogs Athens Millennium/Washington Winstons
Feedback
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:02 AM #112
gijoe1254
this color ends in urple
 
gijoe1254's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Indiana
 has been a member for 10 years
gijoe1254 works for a Paintball manufacturer
gijoe1254 plays in the PSP
gijoe1254 plays in the APPA D4 division
Ratfink!
gijoe1254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:47 AM #113
pa1ntball 56
Hi my name isn't Titties
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Temple Univ.
pa1ntball 56 plays in the PSP
pa1ntball 56 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pa1ntball 56 is an NCPA player
pa1ntball 56 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
That's really the problem - if there was any way to enforce semi-auto, everything would be semi-auto.

But there's no good way to enforce semi-auto.

- Chris
straight from PSP forums
so why don't we move to ramp?
__________________
Temple University Paintball - Head Coach
RIP Ron Butler and Dan Donlon - You will be missed.
pa1ntball 56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:23 AM #114
VSOwnage
Pursuit of Professional
 
VSOwnage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
VSOwnage plays in the PSP
VSOwnage is an NCPA player
VSOwnage plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullMetalJester View Post
If your going to cap it at 10, can we use NXL mode, please?

I'm too lazy to use both my fingers at that rate
Agreed. 2 fingers shooting 10BPS=depressing lol.
__________________
Mass. Maritime Paintball - NCPA
Preferred Mob - PSP/NEXL
South Boston Mob - foXball
Fox 4 Paintball - Upton, MA
VSOwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:27 AM #115
VSOwnage
Pursuit of Professional
 
VSOwnage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
VSOwnage plays in the PSP
VSOwnage is an NCPA player
VSOwnage plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by imwayne002 View Post
I meant stock timings (which is why i said stock... ON SEMI).
I just don't understand why you would care if people shoot faster then other people on semi. The refs have every right to check ANY gun they guess might be bouncing/ramping. They have every reason to check my gun, which is why I let them, every time. I'm not worried they will find any cheating, because I'm not.

Do you have a 118.3mph slap shot? OR can you throw a baseball 101.9mph? I can't. But the NHL and MLB don't limit their play just because they are faster than everyone else, because its not just their speed that wins games. Soo, limiting ROF because its not "fair" is just stupid.


Valid point, Nice analogy.
__________________
Mass. Maritime Paintball - NCPA
Preferred Mob - PSP/NEXL
South Boston Mob - foXball
Fox 4 Paintball - Upton, MA
VSOwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:46 AM #116
captshorty7
Jason Kohout
 
captshorty7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: VA
captshorty7 plays in the PSP
captshorty7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
captshorty7 supports Team VICIOUS
captshorty7 is an NCPA player
captshorty7 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
i still think that it should only be applied to class a teams...gives incentive....can we vote on this too?
__________________
SEC Class A director
www.lupaintball.com
Christ Krew
Rusty Glaze fan club #7!!
captshorty7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:56 AM #117
Skillet42565
99 problems. All *****es.
 
Skillet42565's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ken****y
Skillet42565 is an NCPA player
Skillet42565 plays in the APPA D5 division
I still don't know why we have to follow the PSP and use 10 if they do... why can't we do our own thing?
__________________
Shun wenches, acquire currency
I miss Third Eye
Skillet42565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:12 AM #118
carr2jabar
 
 
carr2jabar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NJ
the main thing is Raehl is against ramping, but a while back he said that he may agree upon 10 bps ramping. Since there is talk about this in the psp, it brings up this debate again, which some people find interesting.
carr2jabar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:29 AM #119
captshorty7
Jason Kohout
 
captshorty7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: VA
captshorty7 plays in the PSP
captshorty7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
captshorty7 supports Team VICIOUS
captshorty7 is an NCPA player
captshorty7 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet42565 View Post
I still don't know why we have to follow the PSP and use 10 if they do... why can't we do our own thing?
i agree! lets do our own thing
__________________
SEC Class A director
www.lupaintball.com
Christ Krew
Rusty Glaze fan club #7!!
captshorty7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:21 PM #120
ocmadballer
Univ. of Georgia balla
 
ocmadballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, GA
ocmadballer is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by carr2jabar View Post
assuming the psp goes to 10 bps, how would we go about deciding if we ramp or not? Would it be a vote or would raehl just make a decision that he believes is best for the league?
Judging from the past Raehl would probably just make the call, we don't usually get to vote on stuff.
__________________
CLEAN HYBRID TRAITOR SFT FOR SALE
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4385497


Garrett Lotane #420
University of Georgia Paintball GO DAWGS!!!
Sponsored By: your mom
ocmadballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:29 PM #121
raehl
NCPA President
 
raehl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Chippewa Falls, WI
Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet42565 View Post
I still don't know why we have to follow the PSP and use 10 if they do... why can't we do our own thing?
10 bps is our own thing. It's just taken PSP a few years to get where we wanted to be.

Unfortunately, we don't have the clout to get people to program boards a particular way, so it hasn't been possible for us to do 10 bps ramping.

Maybe one day, PSP will mandate readable-software boards and legit semi-auto will be possible again.


But, at the moment, our choices are 10 bps ramping or keep doing our best to enforce semi-auto.


- Chris
__________________
Check Out Paintball on TV!

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:29 PM #122
raehl
NCPA President
 
raehl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Chippewa Falls, WI
Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Also, we don't have to make the decision now. We won't change it mid-season anyway, and we can then see how it works out for PSP.

- Chris
__________________
Check Out Paintball on TV!

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:50 PM #123
mikenawnaw
 
 
mikenawnaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008



what % of boards can go down to 10? Mine can, (im not sure what it is), dark ego.
__________________
Back to playing paintwarz.
mikenawnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:51 PM #124
Skillet42565
99 problems. All *****es.
 
Skillet42565's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ken****y
Skillet42565 is an NCPA player
Skillet42565 plays in the APPA D5 division
Most aftermarket boards are easy to program down to ten.
__________________
Shun wenches, acquire currency
I miss Third Eye
Skillet42565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:49 PM #125
captshorty7
Jason Kohout
 
captshorty7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: VA
captshorty7 plays in the PSP
captshorty7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
captshorty7 supports Team VICIOUS
captshorty7 is an NCPA player
captshorty7 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
Also, we don't have to make the decision now. We won't change it mid-season anyway, and we can then see how it works out for PSP.

- Chris
why dont we try it at nationals?
__________________
SEC Class A director
www.lupaintball.com
Christ Krew
Rusty Glaze fan club #7!!
captshorty7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:57 PM #126
LessThanJake77
 
 
LessThanJake77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: West Chester, PA
LessThanJake77 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
LessThanJake77 plays in the PSP
LessThanJake77 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by captshorty7 View Post
why dont we try it at nationals?
or maybe the neic could test run it at our 3rd event and then do it at nationals but ill only agree if its nxl mode
__________________
PennStatePaintball #77
LessThanJake77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump