Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2009, 11:38 AM #463
WarpedGreg
EXALT
 
WarpedGreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
WarpedGreg plays in the PSP
WarpedGreg is an NCPA player
WarpedGreg plays in the APPA D2 division
if the fields play as fast as the Phoenix layout then there will not be an issue regarding this though. even if there was 5 on 5 every point after the break then the speed of the layout itself would get G's from the start.
__________________
Florida Atlantic University Alumni
How To Play Paintball
For beginner to intermediate players looking to improve their game!
WarpedGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2009, 01:56 PM #464
Demonbunny666
 
 
Demonbunny666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulnix View Post
Demon,
Maybe what we need is a better definition of what true semi is.
One pull, one shot. thats it. True semi, and I'd like you to find me a gun that does it. The software that it would take for true semi is far too straining and consumes far too much energy than its worth. Hence debounce and the like. The board would have to be checking the trigger for confirmation far too often, and the batteries would die too quick, the boards would fry, not a pretty sight.

The fact is that you say its not hard to regulate semi, yet I don't believe you've posted a concrete method. I'm open to a controllable semi, but the fact is that it doesn't exist
__________________
ChickenWingKidz 4 LYFE
Demonbunny666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:53 PM #465
fulnix
 
 
fulnix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Crapcago
fulnix is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
fulnix is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonbunny666 View Post
One pull, one shot. thats it. True semi, and I'd like you to find me a gun that does it. The software that it would take for true semi is far too straining and consumes far too much energy than its worth. Hence debounce and the like. The board would have to be checking the trigger for confirmation far too often, and the batteries would die too quick, the boards would fry, not a pretty sight.

The fact is that you say its not hard to regulate semi, yet I don't believe you've posted a concrete method. I'm open to a controllable semi, but the fact is that it doesn't exist
Demon,
How many boards have you had your hand in programing? I think you have stepped outside of the realm of you knowledge. The majority of boards on the market today are capable of achieving true semi. The board currently in your marker I would wager if set up properly could be legal. I know these as facts from working inside the industry. If you say it doesn't exist I believe you either haven't tried or are too blind to see its reality.
__________________
Yer Bud
FülniX

Bringin ya mAd bUnKEr love since 1993

Last edited by fulnix : 02-09-2009 at 05:56 PM.
fulnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:40 PM #466
Leggo_my_EGO
d.train™
 
Leggo_my_EGO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mile High
Leggo_my_EGO is an NCPA player
Leggo_my_EGO plays in the APPA D5 division
for the record i was kidding about the NPPL / PSP thing....i know mode of fire has nothing to do with the issues that the NPPL has had with management and sponsors

but no i very much understand the difference between mode and rate of fire....however i still feel with the assist of ramping (though it takes less skill) it allows for more consistent shooting when running and gunning which allows for better run-throughs, less gaps in the ropes of paint when laning, with more kills on break and easier running and gunning = more excitement

i feel these things are both more effective for an xball format like i said before and semi is more fitting for 5man

why dont you like high bps or ramping Raehl.
__________________

Last edited by Leggo_my_EGO : 02-09-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Leggo_my_EGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:59 PM #467
tbradyusc12
que?
 
tbradyusc12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: G-Vegas
tbradyusc12 plays in the PSP
tbradyusc12 is an NCPA player
tbradyusc12 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulnix View Post
Demon,
How many boards have you had your hand in programing? I think you have stepped outside of the realm of you knowledge. The majority of boards on the market today are capable of achieving true semi. The board currently in your marker I would wager if set up properly could be legal. I know these as facts from working inside the industry. If you say it doesn't exist I believe you either haven't tried or are too blind to see its reality.
do you even play ncpa events? if you have you wouldn't be saying true semi exists lol. we just got back from an event, and so many people were bouncing... either that, or the event was just filled with freaks that could shoot 15+ consistently. if you want semi so bad then figure out a better way to enforce it instead of continuing to tell us how true semi exists. you have repeated your self so many times in this thread. give us some new ideas.
__________________
REACT
Clemson Paintball
••Planet Eclipse•Valken••
PaintballCentral
tbradyusc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:34 PM #468
fulnix
 
 
fulnix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Crapcago
fulnix is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
fulnix is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbradyusc12 View Post
do you even play ncpa events? if you have you wouldn't be saying true semi exists lol. we just got back from an event, and so many people were bouncing... either that, or the event was just filled with freaks that could shoot 15+ consistently. if you want semi so bad then figure out a better way to enforce it instead of continuing to tell us how true semi exists. you have repeated your self so many times in this thread. give us some new ideas.
Tbrady,
Yes, I have played many NCPA events, I have played many other semi auto only tournaments in other leagues. Also please look up a couple of posts, I propose a couple simple ways of combating the current issues with the rules. I also offered to help out. Reaching 15bps in true semi is possible, it takes practice, cheating is also possible if you had bad ref's, I can't say which would have been the case at your tournament, I wasn't there, I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Chris knows who I am and if he wants some help he'll contact me. If there are others out there that would like to take serious steps toward resolving the issues of current rule enforcement of true semi auto drop me a line, I wouldn't mind helping out.
__________________
Yer Bud
FülniX

Bringin ya mAd bUnKEr love since 1993
fulnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:41 PM #469
boostfreak
Scott THE OUTLAW Hall
 
boostfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lenore WV
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
M can mean 1,000 or 1,000,000, although I suppose one would assume 1,000,000.

- Chris
+1

ms= millasecond in pb terms or Millionth of a Second in drag racing terms.

But 10bps, i can pull that on a weekday, i say stay at what they have because alot of people dont want to get rid of a gun they paid 1k for or more.
boostfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:00 PM #470
jghicks28
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by thru DA glass View Post
it could limit teams from joining the NCPA.
example: one college wants to try out the tournament scene, but they don't have able guns. whether they are mech guns or just don't have that feature.
just my .02


edit:
but I like ramping. so I don't care.
thats why i think it shouldn't be changed, nothing against ramping but not having ramping means a guy with an older gun like say a b2k bushmaster can still participate due to it being semi.
jghicks28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:56 PM #471
Demonbunny666
 
 
Demonbunny666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
dude, seriously? you do realize this thread is like 4 months old right?
__________________
ChickenWingKidz 4 LYFE
Demonbunny666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:31 PM #472
FullMetalJester
NU Coach / Gun Tech
 
FullMetalJester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New England
 has been a member for 10 years
FullMetalJester plays in the PSP
FullMetalJester is an NCPA player
FullMetalJester plays in the APPA D4 division
and it was already decided that we are going to 10.5 bps.


just to re-hash the point, I am all for Semi OR a higher cap. However, since the NCPA uses PSP layouts, 10.5 makes the most sense, since those layouts are designed for 10.5

Try playing a current PSP layout in 15.4 or "semi" and you'll its a hell of a lot of harder to play said fields. Lanes that are easy to make in 10.5 are nearly impossible in 15.4
FullMetalJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:57 AM #473
pa1ntball 56
Hi my name isn't Titties
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Temple Univ.
pa1ntball 56 plays in the PSP
pa1ntball 56 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pa1ntball 56 is an NCPA player
pa1ntball 56 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullMetalJester View Post
and it was already decided that we are going to 10.5 bps.


just to re-hash the point, I am all for Semi OR a higher cap. However, since the NCPA uses PSP layouts, 10.5 makes the most sense, since those layouts are designed for 10.5

Try playing a current PSP layout in 15.4 or "semi" and you'll its a hell of a lot of harder to play said fields. Lanes that are easy to make in 10.5 are nearly impossible in 15.4
exactly, i play D2 with my other team in the PSP and for the MAO layout some lanes were harder to make because of the uncapped semi at NEIC champs and nationals due to the faster gun. i also feel that 10.5 creates more action for the spectator. one can step out and edge a lot easier at lower levels and when people are out in the open and moving- it usually makes for a more fun time from the sideline
__________________
Temple University Paintball - Head Coach
RIP Ron Butler and Dan Donlon - You will be missed.
pa1ntball 56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:35 AM #474
Demonbunny666
 
 
Demonbunny666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
no, no shut up we will not continue this
__________________
ChickenWingKidz 4 LYFE
Demonbunny666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:24 PM #475
carr2jabar
 
 
carr2jabar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NJ
NXL full auto or death is my suggestion
carr2jabar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:34 AM #476
FullMetalJester
NU Coach / Gun Tech
 
FullMetalJester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New England
 has been a member for 10 years
FullMetalJester plays in the PSP
FullMetalJester is an NCPA player
FullMetalJester plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by carr2jabar View Post
NXL full auto or death is my suggestion
that would certainly cut down on the wiping
FullMetalJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:33 AM #477
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND
 
2pipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston, TX
2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
EDIT: There I go posting on threads that have long since died. Sorry
__________________
CUSTOM CARBON FIBER HOPPERS and GUNS SPIRES click below
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4040966
Luxe MOB

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30

Last edited by 2pipes : 12-21-2012 at 05:42 AM.
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:49 AM #478
isgrowitaego
 
 
isgrowitaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 609
isgrowitaego plays in the PSP
isgrowitaego owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
isgrowitaego is an NCPA player
isgrowitaego plays in the APPA D4 division
__________________
TOPGUN
TEMPLE UNIVERSITY OWLS #16
Pbfashion /Ruthlesspb.com/Crusader Paintball/RED BULL
isgrowitaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump