PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-14-2008, 03:56 PM #1
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

MPS Questionnaire

I sent out a questionnaire to those in the Email List. If you could replay back ASAP I would appreciate it.

If your not in the email list, email me at midwestpaintballseries@cox.net

Thanks,

Dan
MPS_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2008, 03:56 PM #2
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

I thought it would be interesting to post the responses from the questionnaires as I receive them. Below are the responses. Player's confidentiality will be kept.

thanks,

Dan
Old 12-14-2008, 03:57 PM #3
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

These are the questions that were sent out....

Quote:
1. What is your name?

2. Have you played in a MPS event before in any past season?

3. If answered YES to question #2, what team did you play for and at what Level?

4. Is you or your team planning on playing in any MPS events in the 2009 season?

5. If you answered NO to question #4, please explain why you or your team will not be playing in the MPS events in the 2009 season.

6. What is your favorite few things you like about the Midwest Paintball Series?

7. What is your least favorite few things you like about the Midwest Paintball Series?

8. If you could change just two things about the Midwest Paintball Series, what would you change and why?

9. Are you happy with the location of the events in season's past?

10. If you answered NO to question #9, what location would you like to see an event in the 2009 season?

11. Many have you noticed that the cost of entry has increased this year per Level. The reason for this cost increase is to A) hopefully purchase nicer prizes B) pay for the use of the APPA registration software, and C) pay for the ultimate. My question to you is, because of the economy, would you much rather see cheaper entry prices in the 2009 season and therefor reducing the quality of prizes.... or are you okay with the increase in entry?

12. With the re-naming and the re-classifications of the Levels for the 2009 season, are you in favor of this? The classification levels are described below:

Level 4 will now be called 3Man Beginner in lieu of 3Man Newbie. The marker and/or hopper restrictions will still be in effect. The only other restriction is that players can not have played in the NPPL or PSP. There needs to be one other restriction but at this point, I'm not sure what that restriction will be. It used to be that players can not have played in more than so many tournaments.... I didn't like that rule because what about those players that have played in several tournaments but didn't place in any of them. With the "no more than X number of tournaments", that player would be forced to play Level 3 even though by skill, they should be playing in L4. Any suggestions by you players would be helpful.

Level 3 will now be called 3Man Rookie in lieu of 3Man Beginner. The only two restrictions on this Level is that you can NOT have ever played in the NPPL or PSP (excluding Young Guns) and ramping will NOT be allowed.

Level 2 will now be called 5Man Novice in lieu of 5Man Rookie. I am considering allowing one Level 1 player onto a L2 teams roster in the 2009 season. Are you for or against this idea? All other restrictions will be the same from the previous season.

Level 1 will still be the 5Man Open Class and is open to anyone.

13. Should I continue the "Bonus Points" in the 2009 season?? These points had no effect on the overall outcome of the series in the 2008 season.

14. As of right now, the paint will remain at the same cost as it was in the 2008 season. Were you happy with the quality of paint and the cost of paint in the 2008 season and would like to see that same cost and quality continue in the 2009 season?

15. Please feel free to use this last question to post anything you would like regarding the MPS. Please keep your comments positive and constructive.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:01 PM #4
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

response #1

Quote:
1. --
2. Yes
3. l3
4. Yes
6. Well organized and is all about a good time
7. More educated tournament operators
9. Yes
11. Ok with them
12. I agree with them
Old 12-14-2008, 04:05 PM #5
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

response #2

Quote:
1. --
2. Yes
3. l2
4. Yes
5. will not be playing in the MPS events in the 2009 season.
6. its close and fun to play. there is competition.
7. Paint prices, but I know that you have nothing to do with that.
8. Prize payout.
9. Mostly. Dont like Choctaw!
10. A missouri tourney.
11. Ok with them
12. No reducing the prizes, if thats the case there is no use playing. Yes im okay.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:11 PM #6
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

response #3

Quote:
1. --
2. 10 of the last 11 events 2007-2008
3. l2 and l1
4. Yes
6. Events are well coordinated, series prizes are legit (they don't change the day of the event) and for the most part tourney's run real well.
7. Lack knowledge from Referee's, Not being able to use same paint from one day to next. (Same event, should be able to use paint from both days.) Lack of air at mps 3, lmfao.
8. Super hot chicks at the scorer's table, some technical rule changes (already suggested via forum pbnation.
9. not the last one.
10. Already fixed
11. Not sure, what just have to see how it flows
12. I am in favor of reclassifying the levels, also a complex statement should be made for level 4s problem of eligibility. Something like "Players who have played "x" amount of tournaments (ex: 3 or less, 5 or less) and have not placed first at any of those events; however, if a player has played more than "x" amount of tournaments and has not placed 1st or 2nd at any of those events can still register to play level 4 at the tournament directors discretion.
13. I think its a good idea, and stay in effect for one more year, or until the number of teams that you are wanting to play all of your events increases. (only 2 or 3 teams in level 2 played all events, however a higher number did play multiple events
14. paint was great, no problems, and it was lime-green fill.
15. Dan you suck, just kidding. I hope for another great year in the MPS, i'm not sure how many events we will end up playing, maybe not that many, the future of the team as far as playing events is still up in the air. But I will always be there for input and support, been shooting people at most of your events in the last two years and other than mps 5 of 2007 was present both days at all events.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:15 PM #7
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

response #4

Quote:
1. --
2. Yes
3. l2
4. yes, but maybe on a different team.
6. i always had fun at the events, prizes were good, teams were all for the most part good players/good sports about calls and such. also the events that had lunch included were really nice.
7. nothin you can change because its paintball and it happens, just the few bad calls by the refs, other than that though, i liked the way they were run and think the ultimate ref will make it much more consistant.
8. change two things, like i said have lunch at all events, and i think that having the 1 division one player is a good concept, but other teams might complain about it if they dont play with players of that level often and cant get them on their team.
9. locations were good, the only one that was kinda rough was the OK one becuase of the cost of hotels, but we had a great time there still
11. the extra entry is to make the event better as a whole, and get better prizes, so yes, its completely ok
12. looks good to me
13. i say continue the bonus points, gives people that extra push to want to play all events
14. it was ok for the most part, i think it was the lawrence event it was pretty bouncy, and OK was very oily, but i mean, everyone is using the same stuff anyway, so its not like it hurt one team and not another
15. all i have to say is great job dan, even though im moving out to columbia, MO, im planning on trying to get 2 of my buddies to play D3 with me at all the events. keep up the good work. i cant wait to play in lawrence!
Old 12-14-2008, 04:20 PM #8
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

response #5

Quote:
1. --
2. Yes, Every Year since its inception.
3. l2
4. Yes
6. Organized and Timely. Information prior to the tournament was kept up to date very well.
7. The reffing at the tournaments I played in was the worst on average that I've ever seen in my 11 years of paintball.
8. Reffing- Because kids with no experience should not be allowed to ref just for point. There needs to be some kind of uniformity in the reffing from tournament to tournament. Semi- Ramping is for sissys. The ROF Caps on major leagues are changing every day it seems like.
9. Aside from some staff at those locations, yes they seemed logical and within reach.
10. MPG in Nebraska would be nice.
11. If it insures a better quality tournament, then we will be willing to pay the increased prices.
12. Yes, seems fair/fine
13. Doesnt really matter to me
14. Quality, so-so, but it seemed deciently fair.
15. Really, at any event, or any business venture, you need to insure that your customers are happy and take more responsibility. I believe that the actions of the field should be accounted for by the MPS. It seemed like every tournement we went to it was the fault of the ultimate, the field, staff etc. Its the MPS series, therefore all decisions or responsibilty should reflect on the series and should be dealt with in that manner. Reffing was terrible at the two tournaments we attended, thats why we did not attend the last two. The fields had kids, or people that didn't want to get in there and get dirty doing their job. This is unacceptable. It is a requirement of reffing to do your job and do it with dignity. Unfortuenatly there is a very small amount of dignity left in the sport. The sole reason why teams do not come back is because of the poor reffing quality at most fields, therefor this is an issue you should address if the series wishes to stay in business.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:24 PM #9
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

response #6

Quote:
1. --
2. Yes
3. L3
4. Yes
6. Well organized and is all about a good time
7. the break time between each round
8. I would change the time between each round, because people need more time to get all their things set up for the next match.
9. Yes
11. The prices should stay the same.
12. yes its a good idea
13. no should not have bonus points.
14. the prices are fair and the paint is pretty good.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:26 PM #10
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

response #7

Quote:
1. --
2. Yes
3. L4
4. Yes
6. How its ran. Local
7. Needs to be split up between States
8. Split up locations in Different states. Thats about it.
9. For the most part
11. Increase is fine.
12. Yes I'm in Favor of these rule!
13. no should not have bonus points.
14. the prices are fair and the paint is pretty good.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:28 PM #11
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

response #8

Quote:
1. --
2. Yes
3. L4
4. Yes
6. how well organized it is and how nice the people r
7. nothing but u could have one at jaegers this year
8. closer to my home because i cant make all them
9. yeah
11. ill go with it both ways
12. yeah
13. yes
14. yes
15. i love the mps l4 its lots of fun
Old 12-15-2008, 12:14 PM #12
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

response #9

Quote:
1. --
2. yes
3. L2
4. yes
6. One L1 player allowed on an L2 roster
7. Similar prize packages
8. Have more diverse prizes from event to event
9. Yes, although TAP was the best
11. As long as the increase is not substantial.
12. New classifications look great
13. I say keep them.
14. Cheaper paint is always good, but you have a business to run so just keep it at whatever works for you.
15. I want to see you naked dan wilson
Old 12-15-2008, 12:16 PM #13
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

response #10

Quote:
1. --
2. yes
3. L4
4. yes
6. The environment, it is a great place to play and really fun love it feilds were great
7. The entrey fee i know it cannot be changed but do not make it any higher 150 per team is fine.
8. Post the feild layouts online 3 weeks before the event. bps at 300 feet per second
9. ya they are somewhat close
10. jeagers
11. less entery fee and worse prizes
12. i like the L4 and keep gravity fed and semi auto
13. i dont care
14. the paint was fine and good price
15. keep the enry fee the same or lower it and put less expinsive prizes / put the feild layouts online / keep semi auto for L4
Old 12-15-2008, 12:19 PM #14
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

response #11

Quote:
1. --
2. yes
3. L2
4. We hope to play all the MPS tourneys in 09
5. Only reason we wouldn't be able to are things like work and school and of course, money.
6. Good: Pretty cheap tourneys, even with a little fee increase. Every REAL player issue seems to get addressed. Good prizes.
7. Bad: Kansas refs making crap calls on Oklahoma players, and vice versa
8. 1. Squash the Oklahoma/Kansas rivalry. Always causes problems / 2. I would like to hold a tourney at our field. We could use the money and publicity
9. The locations in the past have been okay, i guess. Some of them were quite a little drive for us, but I know some team will always have to make the longest drive.
10. Dodge City Paintball We have some good refs and I would make sure it's fair for everyone.
11. I'm not going to say I'm okay with, or like a price increase, but everything is going up. Midwest has always been a very reasonably priced tourney series compared to all others so I'm sure it'll be okay. If there is an increase in fees to make better prizes, I'd kind of like to see maybe ego s or dm s in place of bags, masks, etc.
12. We will always play the highest division you make available to us.
13. Bonus points seem unneccessary. Extra work for you.
14. I believe in helping out fields and we all know that paintball fields don't make ebough money to stay open from field and air fees.
15. I lilke this series. I think Dan runs it well and it's usually a pretty possitive overall experience for players in all divisions. One extra comment: The last tourney of the 08 series, there was alot of complaining about the refs of the field. I thought it was totally awesome that Dan went out ontot he field to ref the rest of the games to squash the *****ing. Good job, Dan.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:21 PM #15
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

response #12

Quote:
1. --
2. yes
3. L1
4. yes
7. Refs that everyone knows and also know who they don't like so they can easily screw over the teams as they please
8. NON-local refs
9. Yes, If I would've played them i'm sure I wouldn't have been pleased
Old 12-15-2008, 12:26 PM #16
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

response #13

Quote:
1. --
2. No but my kids have played all the events in the last three seasons.
3. l4 and l3
4. Yes, all of them.
6. The competition, good teams travel to MPS events. Locations, so far the fields hosting MPS events are in good shape and have the resources to host these events.
7. I hate to even say the reffing as most people complain about it as an excuse for failure. What I don't like is the inconsistancy from event to event. Hopefully your CD and ultimate ref ideas will improve consistancy.
8. Lower prices for anything of course.
9. Yes.
11. Spreading the prizes back to 5th or 6th place is better than the top three getting huge packages.
12. I wouldn't let L1 players play L3. Even without NPPL or PSP experiance, L1 players shouldn't be mixed with L3. When a team moves up from L4 to L3 they shouldn't be facing team of 3 players from L1.
13. Yes. Bonus points promote and reward participating in every event.
14. Paint was fine but I don't like the green paint. Orange should be the protected color.
15. I'm happy my kids have something fun and competitive to do. It's not the cheapest sport they could have picked but it's kept them out of trouble. Paintball is cheaper than a lawyer.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:30 PM #17
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

response #14

Quote:
1. --
2. yes
3. l2
4. yes
6. It's the closest series for us in kc, also with the range in skill levels we can find the right level of competition for our team.
7. I would like to see more teams out there especially for L1, I think the lack of teams is making L2 kinda the target level for everyone.
8. Come on Dan we cant do all the work for you now can we. I though that was your job? I guess just make the event feel more official.
9. For the most part yes. I understand the placing of events in OK considering thats were most of the teams are coming from but its kind of a trip for us up in kc.
10. KC, but I understand the placing of events as mentioned.
11. I believe they are fine. Considering this is a regional tournament series honestly they are cheap for what you get. I don't mind paying a few bucks more for a quality event.
12. They look good to me. I dont think the one L1 player on an L2 team will make a huge difference, so if it brings one more team, or one more player to the event then its well worth it.
13. Yes, for sure. Reward teams for getting out there and attending events.
14. That was one thing I wasn't super impressed with. It didn't seem like we were getting our moneys worth out of it quality wise, maybe you could work something out with kee or something but if not it wouldn't be super terrible.
15. So far the changes you've made seem to be moving the series in the right direction. Just don't be afraid of change.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:32 PM #18
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

response #15

Quote:
1. --
2. yes
3. l4
4. yes
6. the way it was set up and the prizes.
7. some of the fields
8. i would change mabey the food at the events and mabey make it a little bit bigger(with like 8 events)
9. yes and no
10. i would like to see another event held in oklahoma but i live here so and i know its a kansas series.
11. i would rather see higher entry for better prizes.
12. it doesnt matter to me
13. yes
14. yes and yes
15. awesome series i cant wait to play again this year thanks dan
Old 12-15-2008, 06:32 PM #19
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

response #16

Quote:
1. --
2. yes
3. l2
4. yes
6. Close to home, fun to play, well ran,
7. Drama
8. Not sure I'd change anything
9. Yes
11. Although I'd like the prizes to stay the same, with the economy the way it is it's a bad time to increase entry
12. Renaming is fine
13. If they don't have any effect it's just more work for you. The teams that play more already get more points
14. The paint was fine. Again an increase in cost right now could be bad
15. Dan is the man
Old 12-15-2008, 06:34 PM #20
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

response #17

Quote:
1. --
2. No
4. Yes
6. I like how you can get people from the surrounding states to have good competitive tournaments
7. I dont know havnt played any only have watched two of them.
8. I dont know
9. I liked the locations, most were in driving distance that i would go to
11. They are reasonable, may make some teams not be able to play all.
12. I agree with them but i dont like how you have played this many tournaments you have to move up to L3, the thing that will happen is that some players will go down to a lower division even though they should be at a higher one.
13. I liked that bonus points, gives more teams to want to play all the tournaments
Old 12-15-2008, 06:38 PM #21
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

response #18

Quote:
1. --
2. yes
3. L2
4. No
5. We feel that we can spend our money in other areas that provide a better experience for our team. We have finished top 10 in the last 3 NPPL/PSP events we have participated in, and we are all now playing with Shogun in the PSP next season.
6. The MPS has a great prize package at most events. You can actually make more than your entry back, which is rare.
7. Please try to mirror the fields next year fellas, and reffing needs to be addressed.
8. Best 2 out of 3 finals, I just think you should always have a final, and this seems to be a fair way to go about it. Always use an X-ball field...which is impossible.
9. Sure. As long as teams are coming out, the events should be kept at those fields
11. The entry is fair if a team gets a guaranteed amount of games. I felt bad at the first event last year when some teams got 6 games...at least that is what I remember.
12. The classifications are fine.
13. The bonus points are fine.
14. I would only offer 1 paint, but the paint last year was great.
15. Good luck, and I hope the MPS continues to grow next season.