Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-14-2008, 12:36 AM #1
nerve2030

ion banjo fittings

I am looking for the ion banjo fittings manufacturer i am working on my own project and want to buy some but not from smart parts. I need more information on them that i would only trust form the manufacturer. also i am looking for a 3d model (solidworks pro e or inventor) of one to put into my design.
nerve2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:34 AM #2
xsn0man
I bleed burgundy and gold

...Not from SP? Any reason?
You can find a few around. Theyre not exactly rare....but are MUCH cheaper to get from sp. I remember looking around when my friend's broke, and couldnt find any cheaper than my store's.

Look around.
How many "looks like an shoebox shocker and karni had a baby" threads does it take to prove most paintballers are idiots?
IMP Parts Sale!
xsn0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:39 AM #3
nerve2030

to tell you the truth i am designing a gun from scratch so i would like to know the true specs form the manufacturer and i still need a 3d model so i can see what changes i would have to make to the design of the grip frame to accommodate the size of the fittings. although it has crossed my mind that sp may actually be the manufacturer in that case i guess im kinda boned.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:33 AM #4
1cheeselova
Shenanigans

1cheeselova plays in the PSP
1cheeselova donated to help Peyton Trent
1cheeselova is reppin' sidebar 4 life
1cheeselova plays in the APPA D4 division
who cares if its from smart parts. The only bad thing they have done is claim the shocker defies physics. everything else is them DEFENDING their copywrights, i hope this isn't why your not wanting to use their banjos. I'm sure plenty of places will have them but SP will be your best bet
1cheeselova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:06 AM #5
Mespllingesnogud

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cheeselova View Post
who cares if its from smart parts. The only bad thing they have done is claim the shocker defies physics. everything else is them DEFENDING their copywrights, i hope this isn't why your not wanting to use their banjos. I'm sure plenty of places will have them but SP will be your best bet
It has nothing to do with Smart Parts. He wants to know the specs of the fitting.

What is it about the SP fittings that you want? There are a myriad of fittings just like them with minor to major differences.

Are you dead set on push connect fittings? Is size an issue? What kind of pressure will you be working with? How important is flow rate? How important is the tubing size?

You want something like this, no?

Last edited by Mespllingesnogud : 12-14-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Mespllingesnogud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:52 AM #6
nerve2030

that's the thing i have found a lot of places that carry instant fittings but the small height of the ion ones are ideal i don't think i can or should use barbed fittings although they would be smaller because im shooting for an operating pressure of about 220 psi so for factor of safety concerns i would like the fittings to be capable of about 300. i would be too worried about barbed fittings blowing off the barbs and as far as flow i like the 5/32 hose size if that's not starving an ion working at 150 psi it should have no problem with a smaller volume at a higher pressure. for the record i have 3 sp guns its not an issue with the company im just looking for the proper specs of the fittings and an alternative if their is one to buying paintball specific parts that cost a lot more (usually) than just a standard fitting ie: macro line fitting from Acton village 4.75 same part from mc master 2.50 see what im saying
Old 12-14-2008, 12:19 PM #7
xsn0man
I bleed burgundy and gold

Makes sense. But the banjo fittings are actually cheaper from SP, so I remember.
Now for the model, I believe spittle made on, but thats not positive. Look on zdsp.com in the cad archives or ask in the custom cad thread in the custom markers forum to see if anyone has one.
How many "looks like an shoebox shocker and karni had a baby" threads does it take to prove most paintballers are idiots?
IMP Parts Sale!
xsn0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:51 PM #8
Mespllingesnogud

I don't think that the normal Ion Banjo's are rated to 300 PSI. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought this was why the Epiphany needed special fittings.

If you can't find what you want, you can always just "make" your own. Part number 51025K167 on Mcmaster joined with a 10-32 Male X Female 90* elbow should give you exactly what you want.

If you don't need the fitting to be at a 90*, you don't even need the elbow.

Last edited by Mespllingesnogud : 12-14-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Mespllingesnogud is offline   Reply With Quote