PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 07:49 PM #1051
d00d 1'm 4 h4Xz0r (Banned)
GUN TOTING GRIZZLY SHARKS

http://www.fishingtackleunlimited.co...r-fishing.html

This is the only freshwater place I've used, what are you looking to buy?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2009, 07:51 PM #1052
Lil Azn Dave

I'm not looking to buy anything specific right now, just going to use my gift cards to buy anything I see that I like. Haha.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:09 PM #1053
SCFOOTBALLBEARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintball8190 View Post
Could be a carp or a sucker. If it's one of these they usually only go for live bait

ive never seen a carp go for live bait. since theyre vegetarian, and most people only put them in their ponds to keep the algae down, i dont know what kind of live bait you could use. but ive caught them on doughballs fishing for catfish. you can also catch them on vegetables.
University of Louisville Student
Old 06-04-2009, 09:12 PM #1054
Boatacious

Hai guise.

I'm going to Panama City Beach Florida on Sunday till next Sunday and i want to get my fishing stuff squared away. Has anyone been on a charter there or know of any good ones? Or should i stick to off the pier and shore casting? What set up should I bring (or buy). I have 15 years of fresh water fishing under my belt if that helps at all lol
Old 06-04-2009, 09:37 PM #1055
jackassguy147
Destroyer of Threads

jackassguy147 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatacious View Post
Hai guise.

I'm going to Panama City Beach Florida on Sunday till next Sunday and i want to get my fishing stuff squared away. Has anyone been on a charter there or know of any good ones? Or should i stick to off the pier and shore casting? What set up should I bring (or buy). I have 15 years of fresh water fishing under my belt if that helps at all lol
I was little at the time so I really can't remember the name of the charter, but it was some dude who was pretty much permanently burnt all over his body except for the outline of his wife beater. The only thing I really remember is his salty beard and him smoking about 20 packs of Marlboro reds during our trip. The piers are probably going to be filled with a bunch of drunk *******s that don't know what they are doing. Shoreline, I always liked because all the hot *****es could watch me pull in bull sharks.

As for a setup, any 17+ pound rod you are comfortable with a braided line. I use a shimano stradic for my reel, but it is really what ever you are comfortable with.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:19 PM #1056
Boatacious

When at the shore line what is the.... ummm like the courtesy if shore fishing? lol like how far away from people do you get and such
Old 06-04-2009, 10:34 PM #1057
jackassguy147
Destroyer of Threads

Um just don't cross lines if you're near anyone and try not to hook anyone in the face etc.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:42 PM #1058
DRock
Resident Rocket Scientist

So I may or may not have caught a small largemouth bass and decided to keep it in this 35gal tank I have with this filter going right now.

Anyone have experience with keeping one in captivity?

Picking up some small feeder fish is in order with hopefully a properly setup tank.

ST:Almost Serious
Old 06-04-2009, 10:52 PM #1059
aznracindude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRock View Post
So I may or may not have caught a small largemouth bass and decided to keep it in this 35gal tank I have with this filter going right now.

Picking up some small feeder fish is in order with hopefully a properly setup tank.
as much as i'd love to do it, i dont think its "right"

goin to the lake on saturday, hope i can pick off some LMB closer to the DD range.

Confidentiality Notice: This message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply P.M. and destroy all copies of the original message.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:57 PM #1060
DRock

I think studying one in captivity for a year would be awesome, it would have to be released eventually though.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:01 PM #1061
SIMRAD (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d00d 1'm 4 h4Xz0r View Post
Yeah I know, but they're worth every penny.

I might go back to maybe getting a new spinning reel, maybe a stradic.
To be completely honest I dislike the new stradics along with alot of people who used the previous models. If Shimano is the route you're going I'd say grab a Saros, which is a great reel. But if you don't mind getting something from another brand I'd say a Quantum Cabo/Boca.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:25 AM #1062
IrAgg

Quote:
I think studying one in captivity for a year would be awesome, it would have to be released eventually though.
First off, to even consider keeping a Bass in captivity, it would have to be for the entre life of the fish. It is illegal to release a fish back into the wild after it has been raised/kept in a tank.

second of all, that tank is way too small for him. It will stunt his physical and mental growth. For a Single Largemouth bass, you would be lookin at ~100 gallons MINIMUM. Is the tank at least heated? >.> is it cycled? Your best bet for feeding him in the meantime is beef heart as a staple and crayfish to supplement the diet only once a week tops. You can also try blanched veggies and shrimp.

If you feed him feeder goldfish everyday as his staple, I would put money on bad things happening. Feeders are always raised in over crowded tank, which supresses their immune system and opens them up to all types of problems. For every feeder fish you feed the bass, you will be running the risk of transferring ANY of the following into your tank, and therefore the bass.

Internal Parasites
Ich
Bacteria which could cause Columnaris or full body fungus, essentially eating way the flesh of the bass.
Gill lice
Velvet
and a host of other problems.

That, coupled with the fact that they aren't even healthy for the bass, is good enough reason to steer clear of them IMO.

Well, now that I sounded like a prick, but told you what you needed to hear, have fun Get a bigger tank and enjoy the bass for the extent of his life If you need any help, feel free to PM me.

Last edited by IrAgg : 06-05-2009 at 01:36 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:55 AM #1063
DRock

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

I don't have the money for a 100 gallon right now but I am going to start out with a smaller one like a 55 until he outgrows it then I will move up to a bigger one, he is only about 6"-7" long now.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:46 AM #1064
jackassguy147
Destroyer of Threads

Throw some lures in there. See which one's he goes for! : P

Old 06-05-2009, 10:08 AM #1065
The Essentials (Banned)
Its fun to do bad things

lol do it! ^
Old 06-05-2009, 10:14 AM #1066
Corrupt_Paintball

Corrupt_Paintball has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost492 View Post
Carp. just started looking for moss and algae and saw a picture of one.

Thank you though.
Can you tell if they are grass carp or common carp? If it is a common carp, then they will eat corn. I use to catch them all the time. I'm not real sure on grass carp though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Azn Dave View Post
What about freshwater?
You can go to bassboatcentral.com and they have a ton of freshwater tackle stores that sponsor their site. One good one in tacklewarehouse.com, but it is 99.9% dedicated to bass fishing.

Quote:
Hai guise.

I've always taken charters out of the marina with the pirate ship in it (across from Capt. Andersons). Also, call Half Hitch tackle, because they have a store in PCB, and they can tell you exaclty what is biting and what gear to bring.

Quote:
When at the shore line what is the.... ummm like the courtesy if shore fishing? lol like how far away from people do you get and such
There probably won't be many people fishing in PCB. I go fish every year, and catch a bunch of little catfish and sharks off of the beach. The problem with PCB is you cannot fish off the beach from ~7am to 7pm. That is because of the swimmers. BUT, you can drive to the end of strip on PCB and go into St. Andrews Park. They have a pier as well as a jetty that you can fish from. The jetty can get kind of busy, so I would stay as far away from others as possible, but as long as your not right on top of someone, you should be fine. If you are unsure, just ask the other person if you are too close.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:29 AM #1067
ChristopherThe Great

Quote:

I've always wanted to do this but never had a tank big enough. I really want to get a brackish setup with a blue crab in it though.

Its been raining around me everyday this past week so I havn't been able to go fishing at all, pissing me off.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:43 PM #1068
d00d 1'm 4 h4Xz0r (Banned)
GUN TOTING GRIZZLY SHARKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMRAD View Post
To be completely honest I dislike the new stradics along with alot of people who used the previous models. If Shimano is the route you're going I'd say grab a Saros, which is a great reel. But if you don't mind getting something from another brand I'd say a Quantum Cabo/Boca.
I've got a cabo pt which is awesome.

So I went and fished the intercoastal/pier today, and of course since snook aren't in season I caught like 8 nice slot size keepers. Hooked a big one and he cut me off on the pilings along with a nice tarpon.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:19 PM #1069
D:< @ DYNASTY
so pitted.

D:< @ DYNASTY posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orvis09 View Post
It was tarpon:

01' Billy Wing Ironmen + 02' Mark Knop Avalanche jerseys.
2004 Prototype JT Team pants.
Rare flex parts - Celtic, Black Techno + more.
Shocker, Intimidator, 98 Custom.

"there is a property in the horizon which no man has but he whose eye can integrate all the parts"
Old 06-05-2009, 03:39 PM #1070
Orvis09
I haz brown trout

Annual Supporting Member
Orvis09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Orvis09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Orvis09 supports our troops
Orvis09 plays in the APPA D5 division
Orvis09 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Orvis09 is Legendary
Orvis09 supports DLX Technology
The purpose of that video was...?

But I lol'd so hard at 3:52
Old 06-05-2009, 09:54 PM #1071
ikilledkenny
Noob forum OT OG

Annual Supporting Member
ikilledkenny is a Supporting Member
ikilledkenny donated to help Peyton Trent
ikilledkenny has achieved Level 7 in PbNation Pursuit
ikilledkenny is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
ikilledkenny is Legendary
ikilledkenny is Boss
ikilledkenny is Immortal
Quote:
by release you mean cook him, yes
R.I.P Harbinger[TG] 12/16/02 - 4/18/08 (permed)
Closed Thread