Old 12-08-2008, 11:48 PM #1
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
CA - Sunol Paintball Discussion

This thread was automatically created for discussion about Sunol Paintball. For more information about this field, or to find other fields near you, visit the Sunol Paintball listing in the PbNation Field & Store section.
SYSTEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2009, 07:18 PM #2
sniper37

Anyone go here?
sniper37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:12 PM #3
Wraithfour
Pan-duh

I've been there. I haven't experienced enough different fields to compare it with anything, but it's pretty fun if you're going for the first time. But if you start getting into more like I did, you're gonna want to find other fields. There isn't enough variety. It's all gets very...samey...
Wraithfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:03 AM #4
sniper37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithfour View Post
I've been there. I haven't experienced enough different fields to compare it with anything, but it's pretty fun if you're going for the first time. But if you start getting into more like I did, you're gonna want to find other fields. There isn't enough variety. It's all gets very...samey...
Yeah, especially now that they have no Inflatable speedball bunkers, it's all pretty much just wooden structures... and a few hyperball tubes every here and there.

All the fields are exactly the same except the type of wooden bunkers and the distance. Their "speedball" field is just close distant wooden standups and right angle bunkers. The Bunkerball field is slightly longer than speedball, but has a graveyard/castle thing in the middle, along with a few houses. The rec ball is the largest field. It contains houses and spools and a couple tubes.

Anyways for $60 you can get a fresh case of Stingers paintballs and admission together. Not too bad. I like the fields, especially the people that go, but I wish the staff were more professional and adult... not just a bunch of kids.

I would love to go to other fields like SCP, BA and Jungle island, but Sunol is only like 15-20 minutes away, versus 45-1hr+ away
sniper37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:52 PM #5
nomercy168

I played at Sunol back on 12/2008 and my expereince was averag. The staff are pretty young and they from time to time play on the field. There is a lot of down time after the end of each game. It may be 15-30 minutes before another game starts. There are 3 different field setup. As mention by Sniper37 the field have wooden bunkers and are setup close to each other or farther apart.

There are plenty of other fields around bay area if you like speedball or woodsball.
nomercy168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:27 AM #6
jppainter24

yea like a 15 year old refed it waz cool, but no airball field which sucks, its cool for beginers
jppainter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:25 PM #7
edrocks92

I went here a couple of days ago.
I guess it was cool, their staff was nice as well as the players.
Even though there wasn't any airball fields, their fields were fun, gives a Milsim feeling. However, there weren't that many people like 15 to 20 people when i went. Their paint is kinda expensive. Also, on somedays it is HOT~~! BRING LOTS AGUA (water for those who don't know lol.)
My experience there was pretty good.
Also, they take about 5 or 10 minutes before each game. But, it was good because it let people cool down from the HOT weather.
paste bunny into your sig. to help him gain world DOMINATION
edrocks92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:54 PM #8
mtebb94
I <3 ion super guns

mtebb94 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mtebb94 supports Team VICIOUS
mtebb94 is for the Gunfight
mtebb94 is for the Gunfight
mtebb94 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
TERRIBLE FIELD i have had gear stolen there on multiple occasions. staff does nothing. worst field ever biggest waste of time and money. the put the price of a $35 case of paint and jack it up to $65. the referees are dicks the people behind the counter sit on there ***. this establishment is killing the sport of paintball hand and foot. the charged me $12 for a 9v battery and $4.50 for a gatorade. i have gone to this feild over 20+ times. it was the first field i have ever been to and i didnt know any different until i went to another. DO NOT GO THERE. new players are paying over 2-3 times more than they should. drive an extra ten minutes and goto american paintball park in livermore. there is a zero tolerance rule to touching of others gear. police are contacted immediately and the gates are shut. APP is the best family run. while sunol is by far the worst in service price and dignitive staff F- I'll give it a 2/10

2 NICE PUMPS ONE HIGH END ONE MID FOR ONE HIGH END SEMI BRING ME NICE SEMI'S!! 2-4-1

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...836&highlight=

We play this sport for the thrill. The passion of the fight. After each game thank your opponents. For they are the ones that reveal to you who you really are. With out them you are lost. We put our soul into each second of the game to ensure the adventure on how we got to where we are today. This is a sport of the gods and lets treat it with dignity and respect.
mtebb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:30 AM #9
hadokn

I actually really like this place. The Refs are pretty cool dudes. They're pretty big on safety. The first time I went, I took my brother who was on leave from the Army. He tripped during a game and his mask fell off. Like three refs ran over and dog piled on him until he got his mask back on. It was pretty cool to see them take safety so seriously.

Other than that, the bunkers are a little old and dirty. I wish they would add an airball field, but overall I dig this place.
hadokn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:04 PM #10
Themacnameddre

Sunol is awesome, they recently added some new bunkers to switch it up.
Themacnameddre is offline   Reply With Quote