Community Focus

Old 12-04-2008, 10:23 PM #1
MNM paintballer

MNM paintballer plays in the PSP
MNM paintballer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
MNM paintballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MNM paintballer plays in the APPA D4 division
could u?

well i was wondering if u could air brush a gun and it woulkdent look like crap. has anyone done it?

Fort Paintball
MNM paintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:29 PM #2
1-xD-1

people have done it , however anno is better and last longer
1-xD-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:44 AM #3
grendal50

As long as you take the time to do a good job it will look good, I've done Duracoat on four markers so far, and I haven't heard anything but good things.

btw. Duracoat has to be airbrushed on
grendal50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 05:38 AM #4
xtc46

anno will last longer, but you cant get the same types of designs and its more expensive.

A good paint job will look good and you can make it far more customized than any anno job. Use good paint, make sure you take the time to prep the surface before starting and between every coat. the minute you start to ruch the paint job, you basically ruin it.
xtc46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:52 PM #5
Daxwck
WCK 4 LIFE

i had it done to an old pm5 of mine.. it looked good.. but i think it started coming off after awhile.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:37 PM #6
nerve2030

i agree with grendal also look into gunkote similar to duracoat but i think its easier to do and yes i have worked with both. gunkote is also a thinner coating duracote is more like paint and you have to worry about getting it in places where fit is an issue you don't really have to worry with gunkote. although i would have to give it to duracoat for color selection but if your going for ninja flat black gunkote all the way its like a black hole absolutely no shine and really easy to get a nice even coat.
nerve2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:41 PM #7
[InsertCreativeName] (Banned)
NoR JerZ

its been done, one of the jesters is actually sellin his airbrushed dm right now n im not gonna lie it looks sooo sick. better than anno is arguable, each has pros and cons
[InsertCreativeName] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:16 PM #8
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ydna is BST Trusted
If you want a very intricate design appearing on the side of the gun then airbrush would definitely do the job...but keeping it clean would be the next task.

I've received a few airbrushed and coated guns over the years, got pics of some of them lying around somewhere....

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Ydna is offline   Reply With Quote