Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 06-10-2014, 12:38 AM #1
B Mo

B Mo is playing at Living Legends VII
B Mo owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Looking to get into speedball

Hey everyone,

my name is Brandon and I am looking to get into speedball. I know there is a "Free Agent Thread," however most of the people posting have experience. I thought I would make an actual thread to get some advice and guidance and talk a little. I use to play many years ago in unorganized play with friends and then didn't play for many many years. The last 2 years I have got back into it and want to continue to learn and play more. I currently play mostly scenario events (currently playing for a team and finishing my trial period with them), and rec ball, but have a decent understanding of what speedball is all about. I am about to turn 27 years old and am pretty athletic. Sports all the way through college, still playing now, and can cycle 160 miles in a day. Needless to say, fast pace and physically challenging things are not a problem for me. I live in Westfield, IN and can travel to play. I work 12-14 hour shifts in the hospital Mon-Wed, which usually leaves me available Thurs-Sun. I have a 7 month old, so that's always subject to change lol. I play with an Etek 4. Would like to meet new people, play paintball, learn, and play in tournaments. Any advice would be great.
Thanks
B Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2014, 05:36 PM #2
PaintballHazard
Ruckus Ruckus Ruckus

PaintballHazard owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PaintballHazard plays in the APPA D4 division
There's a decent speedball crowd at Battlegroundz in Greenwood ranging from kids trying it out for the first time to competitive players. It's a friendly crowd so you'll have ample opportunity to meet new people, which always helps with getting a team together. We just started our beginner 3-man series, which I highly recommend playing to get your feet wet. I play in tournaments and can help you out in my down time, though whenever I'm not playing I'm reffing. I love getting people into speedball, I'll gladly share what I know to help new players.
PaintballHazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:56 PM #3
B Mo

Hazard, that would be great to get some input and to pick you brain a little. I have been very interested in starting out in a beginner 3 man as you said. If your ever available to work with me and maybe just meet up around there, would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks for the reply
Old 06-10-2014, 07:22 PM #4
macdevallday

macdevallday has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
macdevallday has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
macdevallday is attending Decay of Nations VII
If I was you I'd take a trip to the plex eventually they are a great group of guys there and you could practice with 3-5 man semi pro teams. As well as tournaments. Check out all the local fields too meet the most of people.
macdevallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:56 PM #5
B Mo

I have played at a lot of the local fields, but never knew the conduct in regards to jumping in with teams. With my inexperience, the last thing I wanted to do was piss someone or a team off. Guess I could have just grown some balls and just asked lol. I planned on doing some of the tournaments at plex during the colder months, but I guess that would be another great option to look in to now as well. If anyone is willing to meet up, maybe introduce me to some people or something along those lines, that would be great.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:41 PM #6
B Mo

Any teams practicing in the near future that would be willing to let me join and learn a few things?
Old 06-12-2014, 06:18 PM #7
Ramprat1972
CO-OWNER FIELD OF DREAMS

Annual Supporting Member
Ramprat1972 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ramprat1972 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ramprat1972 is for the Gunfight
Ramprat1972 plays in the APPA D4 division
Ramprat1972 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
FIELD of DREAMS PAINTBALL - - Greencastle, Indiana We have great speedball fields, the experienced guys are always looking to help those new to the game. We have different level teams that are always looking to pick up new players and teach them.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:28 PM #8
schuck74

schuck74 plays in the PSP
schuck74 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
schuck74 plays in the APPA D4 division
Paintball plex has a wide variety of players with different levels of experience. They host a free tourney every month and usually have teams looking for pick up players. You can always post on there thread or call mike there. They are pretty good about keeping the players with teams of the same amount of experience. Always players with lots experience willing to talk and work with you. It's worth playing open play and just pick up games to help you get the feel of it. Good luck and hope you find what your looking got.
schuck74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:07 PM #9
B Mo

Thanks schuck. I will be out of town at the end of June for my wife's family reunion I will look to the one at the end of July. Ramprat, I looked at your website but the link to see future events didn't pull up. Would like to come out there and work with some teams and see what your facility is all about.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:25 PM #10
Fish Bone

Me too!

I am also looking for some people to play with and possibly try a few tournaments. I have a similar story to B Mo. I am 36 years old and I live in Columbus, IN. I played a lot in the late '90's and early 2000's. Then life happened and I got married and started a family. I started playing again 2 years ago, but I have only played a few times. We built a house last summer, so that took up most of my time.

Anyway, I do have experience in speedball and I prefer it over woodsball (but any paintball is good paintball). I have never played in a tourny, but I would like to try it out (after some more practice). I shoot a MacDev Drone DX.

Message me if you want to get together some time. I am willing to travel within the state to play, but I would prefer to go to Battlegroundz or Paintball Indiana as those are the closest to me other that Paintball Valley, which is VERY expensive.
Fish Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:42 PM #11
jangalang37

Annual Supporting Member
jangalang37 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jangalang37 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jangalang37 supports Team VICIOUS
jangalang37 posts videos on PbNation
jangalang37 supports Pev's Paintball
jangalang37 plays in the APPA D4 division
jangalang37 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
if you want to make the drive, Field of Dreams in Greencastle IN has the best prices in the state! Also competitive players on all different levels.

Proudly sponsored by:
Field of Dreams 317-605-5159, GI SPORTZ, PBLyfe Jerseys, PLANET ECLIPSE

-There was like NO WAY!
jangalang37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:53 PM #12
B Mo

I will have to try out both battlegroundz and field of dreams. With field of dreams is it byop? Also is the Sunday speedball open to all?
Old 06-14-2014, 10:20 PM #13
PaintballHazard
Ruckus Ruckus Ruckus

PaintballHazard owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PaintballHazard plays in the APPA D4 division
Battlegroundz is field paint only and speedball is open both Saturday and Sunday. Speedball will be closed this following weekend (21-22), though it will be available for afternoon play on Friday from 1pm-9pm before Jungle Run.
PaintballHazard is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups