Gailon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:11 PM #44
Mdsub

Who's playing this weekend?
Mdsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:51 PM #45
Gailon
FEP Sticky

Not me...neither day. Hunters safety on saturday so not working, then my baby's in a pageant on sunday i have to go to lol
Old 03-20-2009, 06:41 AM #46
Fester60

Fester60 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I will definately be playing this weekend except I'm still not sure which day. Weather looks good for both so I can't decide. Does anyone know if Robinhood still has a 4500 air compressor. Last time I was up there I didn't notice it. I also noticed last time I was there that the safety precautions seemed very lax compared to last year. No one was checking to make sure people chronoed in and I saw some people shooting over the chrono at 340 fps and then just walk back to the playing field without adjusting velocity at all.

2. Tippmann 98, Custom Products 12 in. barrels(.685, .689), Techt Zero Kick hammer, Techt Fang double trigger, New Designz bolt, 47ci 3.0kpsi crossfire tank, vl revolution 9v loader.
Fester60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:10 AM #47
jjbird666
ARMYstrong62B

no 4500 last weekend whihc sux, but they were on saftey from what i could see
jjbird666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:28 AM #48
Fester60

Hey jjbird666 are you going to be playing this weekend at Robinhood? I wouldn't mind seeing that electra '09 in action. I love my vibe even though it is pretty limited in bps, but I was thinking of getting an electra at some point instead of an expensive electropneumatic.

2. Tippmann 98, Custom Products 12 in. barrels(.685, .689), Techt Zero Kick hammer, Techt Fang double trigger, New Designz bolt, 47ci 3.0kpsi crossfire tank, vl revolution 9v loader.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:13 PM #49
jjbird666
ARMYstrong62B

i wish i was, i dont really kno the next time ill be playing though, got alot of family related stuff goin on during the weekends now, but i can give my personal imput on it, idk what the vibes capped at, but the electra is capped at 25 or 30 bps, has semi, psp ramp, and mill. ramp.. and it rips nicely, last weekend i put a full halo through it on psp 13bps and didnt have one break or misfire or anything. were do you live at in md maybe we can meet up or work something out and ill let you shoot it
Old 03-20-2009, 01:09 PM #50
Fester60

I live in Havre de Grace about 5 minutes away from Robinhood. The vibe is capped at 11 bps, i know that is way low but I never feel like I can't throw as much paint as I need to.

Old 03-20-2009, 01:48 PM #51
Gailon
FEP Sticky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fester60 View Post
I will definately be playing this weekend except I'm still not sure which day. Weather looks good for both so I can't decide. Does anyone know if Robinhood still has a 4500 air compressor. Last time I was up there I didn't notice it. I also noticed last time I was there that the safety precautions seemed very lax compared to last year. No one was checking to make sure people chronoed in and I saw some people shooting over the chrono at 340 fps and then just walk back to the playing field without adjusting velocity at all.
EVERY non-rental gun is seen by a ref before it is allowed on the field. No guns are allowed to be used over 300 and regardless the field limit is enforced when chronoed by a ref to at most 280 with 3 shots over the chrono. Every rental gun is chronoed before given out for the day, and walk on or private party, the ref in charge ALWAYS checks every gun that isn't a rental.

I have been working and playing at robinhood for 3 or 4 years and I have never seen a gun go onto the playing field at 340. there is a head ref and owner in the shop near the chrono for a second set of eyes besides the field ref for the group (another reason why the chrono was moved closer to the shop).

If a player chronos in the morning then goes back to the table and cranks their reg...there's no way any ref at any field will catch that. If someone asks for a gun to be chronoed, a ref will get it done. If someone is in the chrono in the afternoon someone will be glancing at them anyway to ensure 1) they have a mask down 2) they plug the gun when they leave and 3) the FPS is still safe

As far as the fills, our compressor runs up to 5000psi, but Bauer has been sitting on our 4500psi fill station for MONTHS. It leaks and they won't fix it even though it's under warranty. The latest is them asking for money for parts that totals more than the cost of the station! lol So we're stuck with 2x 3000 psi stations for now, though we can go higher as soon as bauer fixes it!
Old 03-20-2009, 07:40 PM #52
jjbird666
ARMYstrong62B

now i cant entirly agree with that, last saturday when i was there i had 6 guns to chrono, and our ref, idk if he wasnew or what, pretty much left it at if you can run your own gear fine and walked off and didnt really check what fps we were shooting. but on the other hand i havent seen anyone shooting hot out there
Old 03-21-2009, 07:34 AM #53
Fester60

Gailon, the day I am referring to was March 7th at Robinhood. There were a bunch of milsim guys there that day and that specifically was who I saw shooting hot at the chrono. I got there late for a Saturday (around noon) and I paid and then was allowed to just walk in and take care of my own chronoing and was allowed to get into the walk on games without any saftey briefing. I love Robinhood and I'm not trying to cause problems but this seems to be something I have seen happening in years past. On Sundays at Robinhood some of the tournament guys will stick around after their practice in the mornings and play with the walk ons. I remember last year some of these guys would empty a hopper over the chrono with it beeping to signal over 300 the whole time and then they would enter a walk on game. I also noticed that the beeper in the chrono no longer works. Again, I'm not trying to cause a problem, I am just letting you guys know my experiences.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:26 AM #54
whats paintball

whats paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
whats paintball supports Team VICIOUS
whats paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
how is the airball at robinhood?
Old 03-21-2009, 12:01 PM #55
drowland13
davey

drowland13 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
drowland13 supports Team VICIOUS
drowland13 supports Pev's Paintball
airball is pretty good up there, ive been there a few times over the winter
Take Notes #17
OX Chesapeake City
ANSgear.com
drowland13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:31 PM #56
jjbird666
ARMYstrong62B

i wish they had the airball bunkers still,i miss that speedball field, hoping they build another
Old 03-21-2009, 09:25 PM #57
Mdsub

The Air Ball field is down. The nets around it got shredded by the wind over the winter. Milford talked like he was in the process of getting that field up again soon.

I have played there almost every weekend since November & have only seen a few people do anything unsafe. Joe & Muzzy are usually on top of things as far as safety goes & if they don't catch something the regulars don't hesitate to let them know. I was there the weekend your talking about when the Milsim guys were there. They made everyone recrono because some kid had a bad bloody welt. I have no complaints as far as safety goes there. The only thing I have ever complained about is there are 1 or 2 Ref's that are not good at responding when you call a paint check.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:51 PM #58
SynergyAMB1125
chuckin up the shakas

Muzzy is def. a great ref. like Mdsub said, don't hesitate to talk to him (or any ref for that matter) if you think there is something going on. I've been playing at Robinhood since i was in 8th grade (so for the better part of 4 years) and i have never seen anyone get on the field shooting over 300. in fact, most refs (i know Joe does) try to keep it under 285.
Originally Posted by OA_paintball: im just worried if i donate plasma and some cancer patient gets it, his dicks gonna grow and hes gonna have mad game with the nurses.. probably not good for the hospital.

Dennis Woolford 9/26/08

TROLLPOCALYPSERed-Shirted Super Smashed Bros '11
SynergyAMB1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:27 PM #59
jjbird666
ARMYstrong62B

i miss the old airball field from 07, that was my fav field before i left for basic training. but i have ben to a few other fields around here and robinhood definately is more safty orientened then alot of them, i went to one field i wont mention, but our jeep got shot several times just driving to the staging area because the fields didnt have nets or anything, and there were some punk kids there.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:38 PM #60
SynergyAMB1125
chuckin up the shakas

yeah the old airball was the best. i loved the layout of the field. i would like to petition to bring it back. any takers? haha
Originally Posted by OA_paintball: im just worried if i donate plasma and some cancer patient gets it, his dicks gonna grow and hes gonna have mad game with the nurses.. probably not good for the hospital.

Dennis Woolford 9/26/08

TROLLPOCALYPSERed-Shirted Super Smashed Bros '11
SynergyAMB1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:31 PM #61
jjbird666
ARMYstrong62B

id totally sign that lol
Old 03-25-2009, 09:26 AM #62
Gailon
FEP Sticky

Milford is talking with a specialty adhesive company about getting a custom made compound to get the air bunkers back up. If you come to the field you can see the PILES of bunkers with holes. We probably have 2 fields worth of worthLESS bunkers.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:25 AM #63
Mdsub

I'm amazed that the same technology used to make those jump fun houses that you see at carnivals inst used in bunkers. If they can stand up to that abuse they can withstand paintballs.
ReplyRegional Ups