Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-11-2014, 01:03 PM #1
PhillyEagles0623

Hammer 7 rap4 recon rifled barrel???

Want to know if Any1 knows if this is a good barrel I want to upgrade my hammer 7 but don't wanna spend a lot I seen u can get the rap4 recon rifled barrel and a raven muzzle break for about 38$ total witch will give it a hot look but wanted to know if Any1 knows how the barrel performs
PhillyEagles0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2014, 05:05 AM #2
Yamclam

Yamclam owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I can't be certain because I haven't tried it but I'd say no.

The rifling on the recon isn't spiraled which improves first strike round accuracy;
I'd say it would perform the same as any other half decent barrel with normal paint and probably just be really inefficient with first strike paintballs.

Hammerhead barrels or the Lapco fsr rifled barrels will improve your first strike accuracy and for normal paint any barrel of the length and look you want will work great.
Yamclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:00 AM #3
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
rap4 isn't know for being the highest of quality but they do seem to be the few in the tacticool game and in many cases for paintball mods the only.

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:18 AM #4
PhillyEagles0623

Thxs for the help right now I'm not shooting first strike anyway I'm using my regular paint I use graffiti paint last time I used sumthin cheap n it chopped all day ....i ordered the barrel last night so I'll find out in about 2 weeks wen I go paintballin how good it is
Old 04-12-2014, 10:24 AM #5
PhillyEagles0623

Old 04-12-2014, 10:27 AM #6
PhillyEagles0623

Old 04-12-2014, 10:28 AM #7
PhillyEagles0623

http://www.rap4.com/store/paintball/#
Old 04-12-2014, 10:29 AM #8
PhillyEagles0623

Sorry don't no how to post image but tgats the link to the barrel n muzzle break I ordered
Old 05-23-2014, 08:22 PM #9
alldayyyyy

I ordered the recon 16" barrel with Apex tip for my EMR5. Couple of things to note…

Hammer 7 just like the MR5 and EMR5 uses a special barrel (its not threaded) so there are NO aftermarket barrels for besides the ones that come in the guns, 12", 14" and 18" from spyder. There is only 1 way around it which is to get a custom adapter, allows you to run any spyder threaded barrel on the above 3 guns. I have one.

Now onto the barrels. The "swirl" porting is NO GOOD for regular paintballs… paintballs do not follow the same rules as bullets or First strike rounds. Even then First strike rounds don't need rifling as they will spin once they leave the barrel. You might wonder why this is… so the answer is paintballs are not SOLID, they aren't even filled fully. THere is air in the paintball and thus spinning it will have a NEGATIVE affect on paintball accuracy. Believe it or not but straight porting is better and not really "rifling" as its not designed to put a spin on the ball. Straight rifling allows air to evenly escape around the paintball allowing it to be more stabilized in the bore in the barrel, one leaving the barrel it will continue on a straighter path. Believe it or not the ball bounces around the bore of the barrel on its way out (non rifled). Also the straight rifling can allow paint to be pushed into the rifling and thus allow someone to "shoot through" a paint break with some resemblance of accuracy.

I hope the barrel works well as I ordered one. Please post your findings.
alldayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:23 PM #10
Sigma Sharpshooter

Quote:
Hammer 7 just like the MR5 and EMR5 uses a special barrel (its not threaded) so there are NO aftermarket barrels for besides the ones that come in the guns, 12", 14" and 18" from spyder. There is only 1 way around it which is to get a custom adapter, allows you to run any spyder threaded barrel on the above 3 guns. I have one.
Cool, so where does one get such a magical device? Do the "Elite packages" that Rap4 sells come with this? Or are they giving you a barrel you can't use with the gun they're packaging with it?
Sigma Sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:36 PM #11
alldayyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma Sharpshooter View Post
Cool, so where does one get such a magical device? Do the "Elite packages" that Rap4 sells come with this? Or are they giving you a barrel you can't use with the gun they're packaging with it?
I got mine from a guy here who makes an sells them. If u PM me I'll give you his contact info.

Pretty sure the elite package prob just comes with the 18" sniper barrel which sypder has available. If anyone tried to tell u they have a barrel that fits all spyders they don't know about the MR5 platform and don't buy it.
alldayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 04:19 AM #12
Jet242510

im alittle late but alldayyyy, the hammer 7 does have regular spider threading. there is a adapter like thing inside the attaching to the barrel so you can use all spider threaded barrels. you can use them all but the pump arm may not fit so either measure or sand down the pump arm.mr5 and erm5 do use special barrels.
Jet242510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 03:03 PM #13
Bowshooter52ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayyyyy View Post
Hammer 7, just like the MR5 and EMR5, uses a special barrel (its not threaded) so there are NO aftermarket barrels for it besides the ones that come in the guns, 12", 14" and 18" from spyder. There is only 1 way around it which is to get a custom adapter, allows you to run any spyder threaded barrel on the above 3 guns. I have one.
I have to say that this information is completely false, in regards to the Hammer 7 that is. I have a Hammer 7, and swap out the stock barrel with an aftermarket barrel with an APEX tip on it. The barrel on the Hammer 7 IS threaded and will accept any barrel with Spyder threads - I know this because, again, I have and frequently use, a Hammer 7 as well as a Spyder MR3.
Bowshooter52ga is offline   Reply With Quote