PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-06-2017, 10:26 AM #1
Soaponrope37

Soaponrope37 supports Ninja Paintball
Pretty happy with the MR100

Backstory:

Was at a field for my brother in-law's bachelor party, everyone else in the party was either a woodsball or renter. I was the only "speedball" equipped player there. Right out the gate I was having problems with my electro, (which I always seemed to have with it), would not cock. After missing about 5-6 games trying to fix it I said to myself "F it! I'm tired of this gun and none of my friends play speedball anymore anyway!" So in the proshop I pick up the MR100 (always had good luck with Spyders back in the day).

With my already existing Halo Too on the lowest setting and "microphone" chopping was non-existent.

I know the gun overall tends to get a bad rap, (some reason people tend to hate it) but after a few games and the upgrades I have made to it I am still pleased with the performance. Also the ability to remove the stock easily for indoors vs woodsball/scenario is great.

Just thought I'd give my 2 cents on the gun and put some positive vibes towards it.

(on a side note if anyone knows why a Promaster wont cock even with a new solenoid, or want it let me know lol)

Pretty much complete:

Last edited by Soaponrope37 : 01-06-2017 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Spelling
Soaponrope37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2017, 09:23 PM #2
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
ferret15 supports Ninja Paintball
spyders are simple and straight forward, i think people have always expected more out of them than what they will do without modification, theres always 1 guy that dumped the money to get it running hard. But otherwise, its one of those guns that you can pick up and shoot ez.

As for the ICD they were F.A.S.O.R., forward air spring operated return. Maybe read into the ICD sub and see whats left http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130. They use a 2 way solenoid, and only use air pressure to fire the ram, and the spring actually cocks the marker. So I would check that you have it put together correctly, and make sure your LPR isn't set too high or you will damage another solenoid.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:44 PM #3
Soaponrope37

Soaponrope37 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret15 View Post
spyders are simple and straight forward, i think people have always expected more out of them than what they will do without modification, theres always 1 guy that dumped the money to get it running hard. But otherwise, its one of those guns that you can pick up and shoot ez.

As for the ICD they were F.A.S.O.R., forward air spring operated return. Maybe read into the ICD sub and see whats left http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130. They use a 2 way solenoid, and only use air pressure to fire the ram, and the spring actually cocks the marker. So I would check that you have it put together correctly, and make sure your LPR isn't set too high or you will damage another solenoid.
Thanks! I'll give it a shot. Really just wanna get it running to sell lol

But yea I agree spyders are kinda like tippmanns, in terms of reliability, but with less peripherals to dump money into. Also I really like the newer look (like the Fenix 12)

Won't spend anymore on this one. A lot of my upgrades were existing. Except for freed neck and new back for ultralite.
Soaponrope37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 02:51 PM #4
Seajay

Seajay supports Ninja Paintball
Yup, my MR1 still operates wonderfully. I loan it out quite a lot and it endures the rigors of abuse wonderfully.

The MR100 is a bit nicer than my MR1 I think. Better detent and styling.
Although for a woodsball marker I like the right feed.

they are so easy to fix as well. I've had to field clean a few times, and I'm down to 2 minutes to totally strip the gun clean and, minus the valve, and get back into the fight!
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote