PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 05-31-2012, 06:35 PM #1
Wise old hippie dude
Team Browncoats_az

Looking to Open a Paintball Store In Logan Utah

We are Looking to open a Paintball Store in Logan, Ut I would like to know are we making a sound business plan

www.freewebs.com/browncoats_az
browncoats_az@yahoo.com
Wise old hippie dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2012, 06:56 PM #2
p8ntninja

p8ntninja has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
p8ntninja has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
As long as there are players to support it, then yes. Remember to keep your prices competitive. If they are insanely high, people will go where it is cheaper. If possible, try to open a field with a pro shop.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:43 AM #3
CJ-A-5
Delish

Annual Supporting Member
CJ-A-5 plays in the USPL
CJ-A-5 plays in the PSP
CJ-A-5 supports Team VICIOUS
I have lived in Logan my entire life and I've seen about six people try and keep a paintball shop running only to close down a couple of months later. I would do some research and find out exactly how big the player base is around here anymore before investing too much time or money.

As much as I'd love to see another store open and be successful, I just don't know if it can be done in Logan.

CJ.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:41 PM #4
doughboypb

i have a team that would be glad to support your store
doughboypb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:12 PM #5
speedyG55
TK member #1

speedyG55 is a founding member
speedyG55 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
What CJ said.

If you're set on opening up shop, it shouldn't go beyond a hobby. You won't make enough money to comfortably support yourself unless the storefront is ancillary to an online store (which would require a lot more effort/money/business acumen/luck to make successful).
Old 06-18-2012, 01:10 PM #6
JakeParkinson

JakeParkinson has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
JakeParkinson supports Empire
But a field would be nice. There are very few fields in the area that players can meet up together and play in. Salt Lake has the only really known fields and honestly they are not run very well.
JakeParkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:59 PM #7
Pr3claTol2
Basic ~ USU Paintball

Pr3claTol2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Pr3claTol2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I wish you luck, my friend.

I have lived and played paintball in Logan for years along with Mark and CJ. I also worked for Jeremy at JT's Paintball and ran the paintball counter at Earl's. I myself wanted to take over the PB shop and keep it going but it's a tough biz up here in Logan.

There is a shop up here currently. Man Cave Hobbies @ 258 S. Main. Jeff is the owner there and he has the old air compressor and rentals from JT's Paintball/Earl's. They have about 20-30 BT Rentals that were purchased when I was there a few years back. They are decently maintained and all run HPA tanks. They have a paint supplier through Valken. They also do plastic models and a little bit of R/C stuff. It is a small storefront which keeps rent low I'm sure. They are supplying Logan what it needs with paint, air and rentals. I am still sickened that sporting goods stores even try to rent guns and sell paint...

What Logan needs is a more established field and probably for speedball/recball to catch on more. Myself and my team were just about the only rec/speedballers up here and to my knowledge, still are. It's a weekend warrior world up here.

Feel free to PM me with any questions, I've been in this game/biz up here for years.

Gearbag Sale | ANS Chaos Cocker & FS5 F/S/T

Don't Call It A Comeback, I've Been Here For Years

Last edited by Pr3claTol2 : 07-10-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Pr3claTol2 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups