Old 12-04-2008, 02:35 PM #1
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
FL - Xplex Paintball Discussion

This thread was automatically created for discussion about Xplex Paintball. For more information about this field, or to find other fields near you, visit the Xplex Paintball listing in the PbNation Field & Store section.
SYSTEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2009, 08:02 AM #2
jonfl1

Field Review

I captain the scenario team 'Team GDR', and my co-captain and I discussed using X-Plex as a monthly training site for our team due to it's cost and location. After taking a day to check the field out, we brought our team there on June 13th for a full-on team practice. On the positive side, the field is pretty laid back and it's easy to feel at home here as you have players of all skill levels coming out. In addition to the woodsball field that we used, they have an excellent airball field. The prices are excellent when compared to any other paintball field, and they do airsmithing, rentals, HPA fills, and sell food and drinks on-site, which is a nice touch for such a small place.

On a negative note, this field has SERIOUS safety issues that must be addressed before they either get sued or start losing business: First and foremost, the field persists in using young, inexperienced and undisciplined refs, even after all the complaints that they get. Two people on my team, myself included, had bloody welts (check this out: http://www.gdrclan.com/uploads/bloodywelts.jpg) because the 'refs' failed to chrono every person, and at least two people they finally did chrono were firing hot. In fact, not one ref prompted us to chrono- I had to tell my guys to do it and help them chrono myself! Any field I've ever been to in my life does 100% chrono overseen by a field ref before you step anywhere near the field. With these refs, they could seriously not have cared less. But instead of making the older and more experienced members of their field team actually ref, which is what should be happening, they leave that work to the younger members who could care less so the older guys can just hang out, work on guns and play.

The paint that we purchased was also a general problem, as it appears that they store the stuff in hot sheds with no climate control. I know this because the staffer giving us paint went through 3-4 cases before getting to one that wasn't sweating oil heavily. This results in players getting paint that doesn't hold up as long as it could otherwise, especially during summer conditions like the ones we have here in Florida. In fact, when I got my case the bags weren't sweating, but within an hour I was noticing swelling in the unopened bags. When going to a place like Orlando Paintball or Wayne's World, I've never had this problem even in hotter and wetter conditions over longer time periods! The staffer I dealt with even acknowledged that this problem has been brought up to the owner, who has chosen to do nothing about it! His words, not mine...

On a last negative note, THEY ALLOW ALCOHOL ON SITE and I do know that at least one staffer was drinking. While a non-playing staffer drinking doesn't really freak me out, the ref safety situation combined with the fact that they allow beer or any other alcohol anywhere near a paintball field at all boggles my mind and makes me wonder how they are insured...

On the gameplay side our team had serious issues with the inexperienced refs, which again seemed to be the major cause of our problems all day. For example, they actually stopped a game right in the middle of it, and while my team gathered up in the middle of the woodsball field wondering what happened, the refs had no coordination or idea what was going on and could only shrug their shoulders for about 5 minutes while we baked in the sun. This is a shame because the physical field itself is actually quite well laid out, with plenty of room for maneuver, ambush spots, buildings, choke points, etc. So the problems we had were not with the field, but with the staff running it.

On the whole, we will go back to X-Plex as a team and give them a second chance because it is the cheapest and closest thing available to us that fits our needs. But I say this knowing that I am going to have to be personally responsible for the safety of my guys, as the field is not. In their defense, a staff member there did apologize to us at the end of the day offering to hook us up next time we come out. But the other side of the apology was that instead of trying to address issues like the ref situation, he preferred to acknowledge it as an 'it is what it is' kind of situation instead of committing to fix it, which seems to be their overall attitude at X-Plex. But if the owners would just address the problems, they'd have a serious winner on their hands...

My overall rating is a 4, because the physical field itself is pretty cool and the pricing is very fair. The field loses the rest on safety concerns and the lack of interest in addressing them, the continued use of young kids as refs, and the allowing of alcohol on site.
jonfl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:47 PM #3
no1isnormal
WoW Airsmith

It is a new year and X-plex has some big scenario games going on this year. You guys should come out and play some. We have worked on the refs, and things have improved.

X-Plex Paintball
3830 State Road 44
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168

Open Saturday, & Sunday !0:00am-5:00pm
(Call for any other days for Birthday, Batchelor, Corporate partys, and private groups.)
Field-386-214-1939
daytonabeachpaintball.com
MySpace.com/X-plex Paintball

!/8 MIle east of State Road 415, on south side of State Road 44, and 4.5 miles west of I-95

Tournament size Airball Field
8.5 acre woodsball, and Hyperball Feilds

Last edited by no1isnormal : 01-26-2010 at 09:11 PM. Reason: new address
no1isnormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:06 AM #4
no1isnormal
WoW Airsmith

Two Day Scenario Game February 27 & 28

Allies vs. Axis

Beach Landing on Saturday
Storming the City Sunday

Camping, Prizes, Swap Meet, Night games.

Entry, $30 1 day $45 both days
Field Paint Only-$50-$60 per case

Last edited by no1isnormal : 01-20-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:25 PM #5
no1isnormal
WoW Airsmith

Come out and play before our scenario in February, the field is changing, and getting bigger. There are a lot more bunkers on the woods, and lake fields. We are getting ready for this big game coming up, and would love to see some new players this year.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:45 PM #6
StopBANNINGmePLEASE

I see this field doesn't get a lot of hits on the nation. Is this place still open?
StopBANNINGmePLEASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:33 PM #7
xXSVx Phantom
Miami HaVoK #14

xXSVx Phantom owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
xXSVx Phantom is for the Gunfight
Interesting that only the ref situation was addressed by the people posting events. I guess then it must be true. for the great review.
xXSVx Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:32 AM #8
crowml
Elite - Team Captain

I've been playing for 15 years and am a former D3 Captain. Went to X-Plex for the first time this weekend. X-plex is by no means a "professional" field. They do have young folks running around as refs and they allow drinking. Look, let's be real here. As field are closing everywhere its hard to expect perfection. What you can get out of X-plex is a guaranteed good time and a set of folks who play this sport because they love it. Don't expect to show up with your team and have certified refs. Do expect to show up, meet new friends, practice with some good caliber folks and a lot of rec-ballers. The staff is attentive and are happy to let you play privately, setup your own airball and scenario games. I'm sure they'd welcome scrimmages and training.

In a nutshell:
- Scenario/Woods court is huge, has a pond, various structure and is relatively safe. Nothing sticking out of the ground or serious tripping hazards. Great mix of an urban environment & natural habitat considering we are in Florida (remember, the state was once a swamp)

-Airball, court needs some air. Otherwise nicely setup and always had 3 refs. They were always happy to run over and do a paintcheck (one literally crossed a couple lanes to get to my target). Their training may not be to everyone's standard, but they were always happy to help. They also watched noobs religiously to insure barrel socks and masks were on when necessary.

I had an excellent time at a great price. Equipment is maintained and would recommend this field to anyone looking for something more than a RecBall field.
crowml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:04 PM #9
NSBballer386

XPLEX is a great field, with a great family mentality "they will loose money so you can have a great experience"!!!! They do Not have allot of tournament level players who come out there because they feild is not well known, as every one knows the daytona beach area is not a mecca for tournament level players!! If players would do there part to spread the word it would change things up a lot,the owners look at it like this why put money into a air ball field when no one comes out to play! I can guarantee that if people started holding practices and scrimmages they would give you a great deal, it would also be a great insensitive to make the field better!!!!!
NSBballer386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:31 PM #10
sp03shocker
Not new

has been a member for 10 years
sp03shocker plays in the APPA D5 division
^ Sorry bud, but in most cases you have to spend money to make money. If they would build a quality practice field and advertise that on here, FB or other places, it would for sure get the needed attention..trust me i would love for this place to be a legit spot.
We got off I95,saw the field walked around, spoke to the staff..no thank you...got back in our vehicles, jumped on back on I95 and went to paintball world orlando. Not that PBworld is a great field either, i would love for Xplex to step their game up..just has a long way.

LIME&PURPLE 3D SPLASH LUXE 2.0
sp03shocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:19 PM #11
CoolUserName

CoolUserName owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CoolUserName supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSBballer386 View Post
XPLEX is a great field, with a great family mentality "they will loose money so you can have a great experience"!!!! They do Not have allot of tournament level players who come out there because they feild is not well known, as every one knows the daytona beach area is not a mecca for tournament level players!! If players would do there part to spread the word it would change things up a lot,the owners look at it like this why put money into a air ball field when no one comes out to play! I can guarantee that if people started holding practices and scrimmages they would give you a great deal, it would also be a great insensitive to make the field better!!!!!
I agree! Good local complex if you don't want to drive over a hour to play Orlando, Jacksonville, or Ocala. For the price it's a great place.
CoolUserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:24 AM #12
NSBballer386

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp03shocker View Post
^ Sorry bud, but in most cases you have to spend money to make money. If they would build a quality practice field and advertise that on here, FB or other places, it would for sure get the needed attention..trust me i would love for this place to be a legit spot.
We got off I95,saw the field walked around, spoke to the staff..no thank you...got back in our vehicles, jumped on back on I95 and went to paintball world orlando. Not that PBworld is a great field either, i would love for Xplex to step their game up..just has a long way.
You have obviously never worked at a field in a small town!!!!!!! since I am back in the game xplex will be changing for the better!!!!!!! I am trying to work with the owners to get them to see the potential in the field!!!! I am trying to get the field to regulation standards, as well as lay seed and put up new nets, as well as more fill stations!!!!! But I am the one who will be doing all the field work, when it comes down to it! If you want feeeeellll freeeeee to contact me soo you guys can come help!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:28 AM #13
NSBballer386

Also we have a 3man this Sunday January the 27th it is $55 per person and that includes a case of paint and your entry!!!!! Profits will be going back into the field to get everything up to standards!!! So remember you will be getting to play a tournament as well as make xplex a better place for air balers!!!! Please contact 386-214-1939 for more details! HOPE TO SEE YOU OUT THERE!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:29 AM #14
NSBballer386

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp03shocker View Post
You have obviously never worked at a field in a small town!!!!!!! since I am back in the game xplex will be changing for the better!!!!!!! I am trying to work with the owners to get them to see the potential in the field!!!! I am trying to get the field to regulation standards, as well as lay seed and put up new nets, as well as more fill stations!!!!! But I am the one who will be doing all the field work, when it comes down to it! If you want feeeeellll freeeeee to contact me soo you guys can come help!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2013, 10:14 AM #15
sp03shocker
Not new

has been a member for 10 years
sp03shocker plays in the APPA D5 division
Oh trust me i have,numerous places from old lake helen full throttle to Murder inc in st.auggy/jax.
I know exactly what it takes to run a field.
But with that being said, im glad to see your stepping up for them, they have a gold mine there if done right! Best of luck with it for sure

LIME&PURPLE 3D SPLASH LUXE 2.0
sp03shocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:07 PM #16
CoolUserName

CoolUserName owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CoolUserName supports DLX Technology
Bringing 50-60 of us out there Saturday. Should be a great time!
CoolUserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:17 AM #17
syic007

XPLEX PAINTBALL
3830 State Road 44, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168
Phone: 386-214-1939
http://daytonabeachpaintball.com
XplexPaintball@gmail.com

OPEN WEEKENDS - SAT & SUN 10AM to 5PM
Entry:*Play is with FIELD PAINT ONLY (purchased from us)
$15.00 per person*(With all your equipment) Includes all day use of fields & Air or CO2
$40.00 XPLEX Special*(With our equipment) you get: Mask Tippmann marker, Pod Pack, Chest Protector, all day use of fields & Air, and 500 paintballs.*

PAINT PRICES:
$50-Field Grade Case of 2000
$60 & Up-Premium Case of 2000, Smaller quantities available for less

RUMBLE PIT – APRIL 20th
Entry $55 Includes one case of paint & all day Air or Co2

2 Man Teams - 4 Teams battle it out each round!
Points awarded for Eliminations and Flag Captures.
13 minute rounds.

syic007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:03 PM #18
got wake?

got wake? supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSBballer386 View Post

^^^^ the field work has been going on this week. i started playing at x-plex about a month ago since they were close to home and i just got back into the sport after a 12 year break. i've already made some friends and always have a good time there. this past sunday the airball field got tore down to expand it and add another field. they are definitely putting in work to make it an even better experience for all.

to touch on a few negative things posted, yes, some of the refs are younger, but so far from what i've seen, they are responsible and are regular players as well, so they have a passion for the sport. there is minimal drinking, but not from beer cans or whatever. nor has anyone drank enough to even show signs of drinking in the four times i've gone there. i would hardly consider it an issue.

now on more positive notes, everyone has been very helpful and friendly. it's not a hardcore team place where the locals don't talk to you much or talk down to you. and they put on events on a regular basis. from 3v3 airball tournaments to 2v2v2 woodsball tournaments to scenario events, they change it up quite a bit. they are on facebook and post upcoming events there.

if any of you head out there, look for me and say hi. i shoot an ACU camo tippmann X7 phenom (can't miss it), a blue/silver axe, or a purple/greyish DM4 and wear ACU camo profits.
got wake? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:41 PM #19
Invidia
The Girl that Rips

Annual Supporting Member
Invidia owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Invidia owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Invidia has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Invidia supports DLX Technology
It's a shame that the only field around here has to be xplex. I consistently make the drive to orlando or merritt island to do my playing. The air field is never filled up, I've never seen an enforced chrono, and the prices are higher than what they'll charge you at a PROFESSIONAL field. Pretty nuts in my opinion. I feel bad because a lot of the guys that go out here are really great and I enjoy playing with them but I do not enjoy the atmosphere nor the complete lack of maintenance/training.

Small Gearbag Sale (Jerseys, Pack, Tank)
Invidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:00 PM #20
got wake?

got wake? supports Empire
just gotta tell a ref to get the field aired up and they'll do it. *hopefully* with the field expansion they'll take better care of it. i've asked them about cleaning the inflatables, and they are putting up new ones too.

paintball world is a couple bucks less, and i avoid orlando paintball, which is higher priced. a few of us are planning to head to PW once or twice a month. PM me when you head down that way. i like to play every weekend, and like to switch it up a bit.
got wake? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:06 PM #21
flalasoya
Orlando.

I've been playing at Pbw in Orlando since I moved down in January but they haven't had a air ball setup for the last couple months due to redoing to field to turf.
Anyone local to xplex know if they have a air ball field set up every week and the round about cost for a case and admission?I'm usually paying somewhere between 65-80 depending on the paint I buy at Pbw
flalasoya is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups