Old 12-04-2008, 01:57 AM #1
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
IL - Realms Of Ruin Discussion

This thread was automatically created for discussion about Realms Of Ruin. For more information about this field, or to find other fields near you, visit the Realms Of Ruin listing in the PbNation Field & Store section.
SYSTEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2009, 05:06 PM #2
EVIL MINI0N
BIG D

EVIL MINI0N plays in the PSP
EVIL MINI0N is playing at Living Legends V
EVIL MINI0N supports Bob Gurnsey
EVIL MINI0N plays in the APPA D4 division
RareBreed Productions is back w/BattleField2 "009" (The Return) June 13th and 14th!

Link to game-- http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3015983

RareBreed Productions is back w/BattleField2 "009" (The Return) June 13th and 14th!

Team RareBreed and Realms of Ruin would like to invite you to our game in June @ Realms of Ruin Paintball Park. It will be a BYOP event and we will be providing better paint deals for teams that pre-reg and purchase 20 or more cases. Below is the storyline as well as the paint prices and flyer.
A little info. on the game:
There will be Supply Drops, Arty, UAV, Scanner, Bombers, Attack Choppers, BlackHawk Choppers (transport) and Tanks. We will also be using every kit factor from the game too with our own spin on it to make it work in real life/paintball. We were going to include APC's and jeeps but that would be a little much lol whith everything we already have. I promise that the CO will not just be sitting there twiddling his/her thumbs. He/She will be extremely busy!! That has always been a pet peeve of mine...... If this is as big of a hit as I think its going to be, we plan on working off of this by utilizing the expansion packs as well for future productions. I will be posting more details on possible 2v2 Speedball tourney, bags tourney ect.......

Actual Movie for Storyline!!
Instead of the same ol' written storyline.......RareBreed Productions has moved a step forward in Scenario Paintball!! We have brought you a movie for a storyline instead of the same hand written stuff others bring to the table!! Not only that but we rendered it in a High Def format for you PC junkies as well as a medium quality for your downloading convenience. To save it to your pc, just right click and *save as*.

High Definition Quality: (266meg.)
http://www.realmsofruin.com/Video/BF2009_The_Return.wmv

Medium quality: (94meg.)
http://www.realmsofruin.com/Video/BF2009lowquality.wmv
EVIL MINI0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:30 AM #3
bone37
Chicago 37th Heavy Gunner

Good times!!!

This field is awesome,the players and the refs are even better.
Ive never had a bad game here... a wet game, yes but not a bad one.
bone37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:02 AM #4
LordOdin99

LordOdin99 posts videos on PbNation
I have nothing but bad things to say about this place. The first time I visisted was years ago. It was shortly after Challenge Park had moved, so I'm not even sure it was owned then. So I gave it another shot last year, well after it had been established and I knew it was running again. I showed up right on time and it was a ghost town. I didn't even see activity from people until 30 min after the official opening time. Some people had rolled out of their tent with their dog and field personnel were finally showing up with coffee in their hand. When we asked what time the field actually opened, they gave us a wierd look when they said 30 min prior (the time we actually showed up).

If I show up to play paintball, I don't plan on playing for a few hours. I plan on playing all day long. Showing up late, not having the field ready, and no one else being there, it really made it discouraging to visit their field again. I've played on the terrain many years ago when it was still referred to as Challenge Park and know the terrain is quality. However the management is subpar nowadays and I hear there have been issues before me as well. I don't think I'm going to waste my time there again until it changes hands again. If I want to play at my own leisure with no set times or rules, I'll play outlaw. Otherwise I expect a field that I'm going to pay for to act in an orderly fashion and professionally. RoR did not and does not do this, IMHO.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:25 AM #5
bone37

Scenario games

Was this a walk on day game or a scenario? The scenarios are well organized and lots of fun. Again... Ive never had a bad day there.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:04 AM #6
mlochner51

i also can say in my 7 years i think it is now, i have only had nothing but fun at that park. i love the field, the owners are great, the refs give you options of what you would like to do, i love everything about it. and that is also why i got a job there about a month ago. great place. lemme tell ya.
Empire Event 09 Blue Goggles

Realms of Ruin paintball park Referee
Custer Park, IL www.realmsofruin.com
mlochner51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:35 PM #7
Aslan
Tippmann Slayer

Well, as long as it isn't raining or snowing, I'll be giving the field another (2nd) try this Sunday.

Last time I went there (last summer), it was a beautiful, warm, sunny Saturday and I got there a half hour before games were supposed to start. Lets just say I stayed there napping in my car for 2 hours waiting for other players to show up.

So this'll be my 2nd try. But this time, if it's dead...I'm just heading up to Badlandz. It's a shame because this field is so close by, but if the only time they have any players is during special events, that's lame. The advantage of having a "real" field (compared to Outback/Outlaw) is you can count on people showing up.
Aslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:46 PM #8
Aslan
Tippmann Slayer

Well, scratch that. I'll have to come up with an alternate back-up plan. Badlandz is having a Big Game this weekend and I don't feel like going all out big game this weekend, just want to get a little walk-on action going.

I'll have to check my fields list when I get home. I hate to have to drive all the way to Indiana to hit Fort Knox or Blastcamp, but I may not have a choice unless I just want to go into town and play at Harbor Cove on their little pipe field for whatever enormous amount of money they charge for that.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:52 PM #9
Aslan
Tippmann Slayer

Well, Hidden Cove isn't that pricey, but walk-on doesn't start till late May.

Hopefully R of R will be up and running on Sunday and I won't NEED any back-up plan!
Old 04-15-2011, 05:57 PM #10
Gas Man

Gas Man is playing at Living Legends III
Gas Man owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Gas Man is for the Gunfight
Any one know whats up with Realms...All there teams went to the Badlandz, are they going to have any events at Realms ?
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:17 PM #11
Aslan
Tippmann Slayer

Yeah, I'm starting to get nervous. If all the RofR regulars are playing mostly at Badlandz, they might all be out there for the Big Game this weekend...which will leave me at RofR by myself Sunday. Great!
Old 04-15-2011, 07:30 PM #12
bone37

Operation Sierra Hotel

Game will be played! Ive heard good #'s on this recently!!!
I should have pre reg #'s soon.

15 Days!
Old 04-17-2011, 11:35 PM #13
Aslan
Tippmann Slayer

Well, went out to Realms today.

When I got there, I was VERY impressed as there were like over 100 people already there at 9:30AM!! I sort of thought, "man, there's almost TOO many players here!"

So I go get in line to register and get paint. As I get to the table, I realize they are doing an event that day, an AIRSOFT event.

Now, first, I have ZERO desire to ever play airsoft. Airsoft is for 10 year olds who are afraid to actually get hit by real paintballs.

Now, second, this was NOT on their website ANYWHERE. Had I known they were doing an airsoft event, I wouldn't have bothered to go there.

Well, this is 2 strikes now as far as I'm concerned. I'm disappointed because I really wanted to try this field and the field is like 23 minutes from me, which is about 20min-90min closer than other fields.

But I can't keep wasting time playing "hit or miss" with this field. First time I went there, I was the only one there for 2 hours and finally left. And this was on a Saturday, beautiful weather. Now I go there and find out there's an airsoft event that wasn't publicized on their website.

Going forward, I'm only gonna bother going to this field if there's a planned paintball event on their website. My paintball calender is pretty full in June-October, but I might have to try to go to the next closest field for my walk-on play from now on.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:15 AM #14
Aggressive SportShop
S. Chicago Paintball BST!

Aggressive SportShop is playing at Living Legends III
Aggressive SportShop owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Aggressive SportShop supports Sherwood Forest
April 30 and May 1st will be the best scenario game you can play this year!!! Don't miss it! Trust me. Season Openers are The Best. Realms is under new management as of now and will have a full schedule of events up for 2011 here. http://www.realmsofruinpaintball.com/

See you in two weeks!

Just let us know how we can help. FACTORY CERTIFIED TECHS Hydrotesting! WE BUY GEAR BAGS -Cash Paid- New/Used Parts!

Store Facebook: www.facebook.com/aggteam Team Facebook: www.facebook.com/Chicagopaintball
Aggressive SportShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:16 AM #15
7Garrett

Annual Supporting Member
7Garrett is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Who is the new management?

Airsoft, So is it Justin Brown?

You're no daisy.....you're no daisy at all.
7Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:50 AM #16
alldead

Hydrotec paintballs list Realms of Ruin as a source for their paint. Is that what they are using on field?

Or are they selling it in a shop?
alldead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:29 PM #17
Woodballplayer

Woodballplayer is playing at Living Legends III
Woodballplayer supports Sherwood Forest
The new owner of Realms is the son of the old owner same family.

He is also one of the owners of Hydrotec. NO paint is still not ready last I heard they were having issues getting the two halves together in the new production machine. That was back in Jan.

I wonder why all the teams left after he took over?

Last edited by Woodballplayer : 04-21-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Woodballplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:24 AM #18
Aggressive SportShop

I love rumors. The Hydrotec balls are currently being made successfully. Realms is under new management now. No Justin Brown, I wish.. Next weekend will be a great game and you should go! Trust me! The paint being shot at the game is Draxxus, Hydrotec WILL BE READY SOON!!!!

Just let us know how we can help. FACTORY CERTIFIED TECHS Hydrotesting! WE BUY GEAR BAGS -Cash Paid- New/Used Parts!

Store Facebook: www.facebook.com/aggteam Team Facebook: www.facebook.com/Chicagopaintball
Old 04-22-2011, 02:05 PM #19
jsnp8nt
Gathering Storm

jsnp8nt owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jsnp8nt owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
jsnp8nt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jsnp8nt has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
A special paint that the owners are not ready to use on a big game?
Sounds fishy
#9 of 19 PBX LV1
Lime Spire 260
Lime PBX 68/4500 a tank w/Ninja Reg
Visit www.pbbomb.com for the #1 field in Chicagoland
Proudly Sponsored by Virtue
http://www.virtuepb.com
jsnp8nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:11 PM #20
Aggressive SportShop

Hahaha No it's not ready yet, but it will be soon. Sierra Hotel game next weekend at Realm's. See you there.
Check out the cool New website!!
http://www.realmsofruinpaintball.com/
Realms Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Realms...48105775233607

Last edited by Aggressive SportShop : 04-22-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:59 PM #21
Woodballplayer

Woodballplayer is playing at Living Legends III
Woodballplayer supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive SportShop View Post
I love rumors. The Hydrotec balls are currently being made successfully. Realms is under new management now. No Justin Brown, I wish.. Next weekend will be a great game and you should go! Trust me! The paint being shot at the game is Draxxus, Hydrotec WILL BE READY SOON!!!!
Really!!!

Go back read all of the old post Hydro saying ready in January!!!
Then saying they have so many orders they want to wait to get it perfect.

It's April 27th

I was at the facility making the machine for these new paintballs a few months back. I work for a company that needed to fix something there. I did not say they were not making them I said they were having issues with the machine. Making one ball at a time by hand will not get your product out the door.

And yes the Chick doing the job is HOT. The same one on the hydro website is who I talked to.

So tell me why did all the scenario teams leave Realms if you are Mr. know it all.

And tell me paul the new owner of realms who is partial owner of Hydro is not the son of the old owner.
That was a mouth full

Or is this Paul.

Not trying to start anything just give me the facts I am incorrect on.
Woodballplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups