Community Focus

Old 12-10-2008, 02:24 PM #1387
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerraCom View Post
Right on.

I came from woods ball to tourney ball. I am flexible in both aspects of the sport. I had the opportunity one time talking to bob long about the direction of the sport sometime in 2003ish. He mentioned to me (and in some film he reinforced this point) that the development of tourney ball lacks the basic and initial skills you acquire playing woodsball.

A Lot of these kids here whine and moan about ounces shaved off a gun, or how agg their mask is, how fast their loader feeds, or how their headband is some original print pattern. Try playing in the rain, on a muddy field, with a spyder on a coil remote, horizontal pod packs, with non anti fog goggles, soaked to the bone, and still organizing a strike on a fortified hill.

Most of the kids here by their accounts probably couldn't even lift a old school all metal spyder, or see out of something that wasn't made out of neoprene or some space age material. Most would laugh at 100rd guppies, and gravity hoppers. Most would cry about the insane amount of kick a blow-back mech spyder would give. To me, we did all that because we loved the game.

We played with what ever our summer jobs could afford. We kept coming back for the punishment so that we could one day punish back.

The nppl closing isn't the end of the world. It was just an attempt that failed. Paintball isn't going to disappear of the face of the earth. The glitz and glamour days maybe, but the passion and love of the game is and will always be here.

Tourney ball will one day be strong again, it will carry on and be a legit televised sport. Just not now, the timing isn't right.

Play some woodsball and relax, see what you jersey only wearing kids are missing. Dawn some camo, and get in the mud.
Very nice post. You make a lot of good points and raise a lot of nostalgic memories!
However, I do have to point out the there are a small number of people thats skipped playing in the woods and started out with speedball. Speedball skills are not akin to woods ball skills. While getting muddy and carrying heavy equipment may have been the norm in the past, fact is markes are lighter and faster today and fields employ flatness and airball bunkers. To chastise those players for not starting in the woods is not really fair. They only know what they know.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2008, 04:57 PM #1388
Major Boobage (Banned)
Impact Paintball Rep.

anyone here able to get in contact with pb2x? They ran our card twice and received no new issues. We want our money back but we have no idea where to start in terms of getting in contact with them. For those with the information, please PM me.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:12 PM #1389
kitono

kitono plays in the APPA D5 division
yeah well our team never got our prize package for d4 5man 2nd place. wish i could get ahold of em

CCM'd OUTKAST PUMP FST
Old 12-10-2008, 05:14 PM #1390
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitono View Post
yeah well our team never got our prize package for d4 5man 2nd place. wish i could get ahold of em
A little late now
Old 12-10-2008, 10:14 PM #1391
abqpaintball
rep where you stay

We need a multi million dollar bailout.

we´ve had our backs against the wall
and all you´ve said we´ve proven wrong
looks like we´ve finally made it
this time we finally made it
Old 12-10-2008, 10:31 PM #1392
gsimp
Take back our Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Boobage View Post
anyone here able to get in contact with pb2x? They ran our card twice and received no new issues. We want our money back but we have no idea where to start in terms of getting in contact with them. For those with the information, please PM me.
Get in line with all the other creditors.............you'll probably get nothing while wasting time and money
OACC at CHESAPEAKE CITY, MARYLAND
Old 12-11-2008, 08:26 AM #1393
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerraCom
Right on.

I came from woods ball to tourney ball. I am flexible in both aspects of the sport. I had the opportunity one time talking to bob long about the direction of the sport sometime in 2003ish. He mentioned to me (and in some film he reinforced this point) that the development of tourney ball lacks the basic and initial skills you acquire playing woodsball.

A Lot of these kids here whine and moan about ounces shaved off a gun, or how agg their mask is, how fast their loader feeds, or how their headband is some original print pattern. Try playing in the rain, on a muddy field, with a spyder on a coil remote, horizontal pod packs, with non anti fog goggles, soaked to the bone, and still organizing a strike on a fortified hill.

Most of the kids here by their accounts probably couldn't even lift a old school all metal spyder, or see out of something that wasn't made out of neoprene or some space age material. Most would laugh at 100rd guppies, and gravity hoppers. Most would cry about the insane amount of kick a blow-back mech spyder would give. To me, we did all that because we loved the game.

We played with what ever our summer jobs could afford. We kept coming back for the punishment so that we could one day punish back.

The nppl closing isn't the end of the world. It was just an attempt that failed. Paintball isn't going to disappear of the face of the earth. The glitz and glamour days maybe, but the passion and love of the game is and will always be here.

Tourney ball will one day be strong again, it will carry on and be a legit televised sport. Just not now, the timing isn't right.

Play some woodsball and relax, see what you jersey only wearing kids are missing. Dawn some camo, and get in the mud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undrdg View Post
Very nice post. You make a lot of good points and raise a lot of nostalgic memories!
However, I do have to point out the there are a small number of people thats skipped playing in the woods and started out with speedball. Speedball skills are not akin to woods ball skills. While getting muddy and carrying heavy equipment may have been the norm in the past, fact is markes are lighter and faster today and fields employ flatness and airball bunkers. To chastise those players for not starting in the woods is not really fair. They only know what they know.
I agree with both posts. I started out playing woodsball with a true piece of crap marker but learned how to make whatever I had work for me. I now prefer scenerio ball over all. In my opinion it combiens the skill of woodsball with the speed of speedball

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Old 12-11-2008, 08:32 AM #1394
scrnpaint9
Down and Dirty

scrnpaint9 is an NCPA player
scrnpaint9 is an NCPA National Champion
scrnpaint9 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqpaintball View Post
We need a multi million dollar bailout.
lolol

Drexel Jersey (plaid) FOR SALE, pm me if interested.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:53 AM #1395
Ttownhero
I hate you pine

Quote:
You are at the end of the food chain in getting any of the funds from their liquidation. Yay bankruptcy.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:22 AM #1396
paintballer187
187PB.COM

Annual Supporting Member
paintballer187 is a Moderator
paintballer187 is a Supporting Member
paintballer187 is a founding member
paintballer187 is BST Legit
paintballer187 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
I'd call your card company first and get the ball rolling there.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:39 AM #1397
clinteastwood
Arsenal Evo

ya good luck with getting ur money man. Everyone that won SD didn't get anything.. :-( lol that was christmas money you (nppl) fools! ! your credit card company should hook u up though for the magazine payments.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:33 AM #1398
MicHauй²
I Do My Own Stunts

MicHauй² owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Im going to go cry, i loved the nppl

Mainepb.com
"Originally posted by DYE=cool: One time, me and my friends used marijuana needles, to make a long story short my penis fell off."

People that say agg need to die in a fire
Old 12-11-2008, 11:42 AM #1399
MicHauй²
I Do My Own Stunts

MicHauй² owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
whats going to happen to the nppl ps3 game

Mainepb.com
"Originally posted by DYE=cool: One time, me and my friends used marijuana needles, to make a long story short my penis fell off."

People that say agg need to die in a fire
Old 12-11-2008, 11:44 AM #1400
Simon
INCEPTION

Annual Supporting Member
Simon is a Mega Moderator
Simon is a founding member
Simon works for a Paintball manufacturer
Simon is playing at Living Legends VII
Simon supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicHauй² View Post
Don't know but I saw a bunch of TV commercials for it last night on the Discovery channel! They ran it in almost every break...
Old 12-11-2008, 03:22 PM #1401
JerraCom
The DM5 was made by Jesus

Quote:
However, I do have to point out the there are a small number of people that's skipped playing in the woods and started out with speedball. Speedball skills are not akin to woods ball skills. While getting muddy and carrying heavy equipment may have been the norm in the past, fact is markes are lighter and faster today and fields employ flatness and airball bunkers. To chastise those players for not starting in the woods is not really fair. They only know what they know.
This was mostly aimed at everyone on this thread specifically. That is why i posted here and not anywhere else. Its a unified mourning of an professional event that has collapsed and left alot of tourney people disenfranchised as to where they belong now. I am just giving a very open and frank invitation to try another branch of paintball to actually see where our roots started. If anything it may not fill the void of fast paced intense tourney play, but it sure is a hell of a lot of fun. I think it would be nice to gain perspective for those tourney only bunker monkeys to play some woodsball and see what they can take back to their style of play.

Personally i play both, i have my tippys and spyders, and i have my matrix's and a legend. I have a spot in my heart the both have earned and would never turn my back on them.

We remember the good old days, most kiddies here don't. They couldn't have.
They will never have to pay almost $70 for 1000 rounds (mind you that lasted like 2-3 trips to the field). I kind of feel that they should have taken the fact that they wouldn't have to put up with the lack of technology we did, and possibly ditch some of their comforts, for some good rough and tough woodsball.

I don't care what you do, as long as you support the whole sport and play. We need to recognize that the NPPL created alot of hopes and dreams for people and in a bout of recklessness crushed them. They should be held accountable for what they have miss managed. Don't just quit the sport, and curse their name. Just remember there is a dirt field somewhere that has an open invitation for you.

Things will get better I promise. With all the support and open communication we have, This wont happen again. All of you looking to make a name for yourself in paintball history, It will come. Just represent yourself right, and have faith we can get thru all of this and rebuild. But for now, sink your bucks back into the sport to keep things going by playing.

Be safe out there.
Joy Division Fan #588
PSN ID: JerraCom - PM me to add yours.

Last edited by JerraCom : 12-11-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:42 PM #1402
Pbkid's pmr
R.I.P Diesel 7/9/14 8==3

Pbkid's pmr is playing at Living Legends VII
Pbkid's pmr supports Empire
Honestly, this is a good time for a new league to form. This would probably be good because they can get off to a good start. Even though the economy is down, gas prices are down to. that starts to add up alot.

My youtube channel
Old 12-11-2008, 05:45 PM #1403
Silencio

Annual Supporting Member
Silencio has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Silencio has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicHauй² View Post

I'm sure it is going to continue on being a crappy game
Old 12-11-2008, 07:01 PM #1404
paintballingmigit

Quote:

That is a good point if it weren't overlooking a huge point...... Most older players did the complete reverse. I don't think any style switching can be considered unfair. first off you have to enter your self so you know what your getting in to... Secondly i can think of very few things that is more fun than playing paintball in a way i never had before, even if i don't like the format being able to change it up keeps the sport fresh!! Can we really say doing things we haven't done before is unfair???!!! Who would enter an psp event if they had never played air ball before?!?
Old 12-12-2008, 05:27 AM #1405
Toxin01

Toxin01 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqpaintball View Post
We need a multi billion dollar bailout.
Fixed!
Old 12-12-2008, 11:10 AM #1406
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballingmigit View Post
That is a good point if it weren't overlooking a huge point...... Most older players did the complete reverse. I don't think any style switching can be considered unfair. first off you have to enter your self so you know what your getting in to... Secondly i can think of very few things that is more fun than playing paintball in a way i never had before, even if i don't like the format being able to change it up keeps the sport fresh!! Can we really say doing things we haven't done before is unfair???!!! Who would enter an psp event if they had never played air ball before?!?
I think you misunderstood my point. I was just mentioning that there are players that never played woodsball that went straight to speedball, so they don't subscribe to the same philosophy that another poster mentioned thats all.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:20 PM #1407
ionman0713

ionman0713 is playing at Living Legends III
ionman0713 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ionman0713 supports Team VICIOUS
ionman0713 is for the Gunfight
so does this mean no more pb2x mags?