Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-03-2008, 08:13 AM #1198
tadpole21

its only going to get worse before it gets better ive noticed that most of my wholesale items threw ebay have shot down as well threw paintball because of the incident. but the market will rebound
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2008, 08:45 AM #1199
blxbx

blxbx plays in the PSP
blxbx owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
blxbx supports Team VICIOUS
blxbx is an NCPA player
im hoping for a quick rebound
Old 12-03-2008, 09:16 AM #1200
Sniper_Cocker98 (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
After watching a few paintball dvd's over time I have seen where teams and players have told the psp that they will never play their events again.

So my question is, what happens to the nppl only teams? Will they have to convert to x-ball?
Old 12-03-2008, 09:19 AM #1201
niteowl79er
Professional Rookie

niteowl79er plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachMafioso View Post
WOW this automatically means pound for pound that...

THE IRONMEN IS THE BEST PAINTBALL TEAM IN THE WORLD!

If you haven't played Xball don't speak on it. If you haven't played 7man don't speak on it. IF you've played both then you know the strengths and weaknesses of both and you already built feelings of which format you will be drawn to more. I love 7man and Xball because each one has something to bring to the table. A certain amount and type of skills are needed for both. All this fighting about which one is better...people have set opinions that you can't change! Cause if you like getting head more than ****ing a chick, what am I suppose to do to change that.

No matter what format I'm going to keep on playing paintball. I love this sport and my life would suck without paintball. It's my passion it's what I put a lot of my blood, sweat, and tears into. Even if paintball never makes it to the mainstream 15-16 million people in this world will still be playing it. 5man or 7man I don't care the game keeps going. Let the politics of paintball go into play and by all means let's keep doing what we're doing playing, supporting, competing, etc . Just like this horrible economy we still strive to survive for another day. And we always hope for the best.

i agree totally with you...except for the ironman part! J/K

i'm pretty sure that this is gonna work out for all of us, some of us will have to adapt(5man) to it, some of us will revolt and continue to (atleast try) play 7man. regardless of the outcome and the begining of 09, it is still a void in all our hearts that needs to be filled! instead of bashing someone that is no longer here (nppl) or the psp, lets all leave the politics at the door and hope for a better day. while the people that make the decisions behind those closed doors continue to try and iron out all that is wrong and perfect what is working with this sport...just play paintball. that will feed the economy a little bit....and hope for 09 to be the year that changes the sport and our lives for a better day!
Play some Bloody Knuckle Paintball...HINGEMAN INC.

A man is not finished when he is defeated, He is finished when he quits.......Richard Nixon.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:32 AM #1202
eternalmergy
The Hindu Hammer

eternalmergy is a Paintball photographer
eternalmergy plays in the PSP
eternalmergy donated to help Peyton Trent
eternalmergy posts videos on PbNation
eternalmergy is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
eternalmergy is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazkid8 View Post
I agree with this perfectly... and have been saying it since the AXBL was the NYXL...

agreed

qft

*clink* cheers

This is how I think tournament paintball will grow the best and become what we all want it to be... mainstream... or atleast stable.

on another note:

Everyone needs to relax. All in all this is a good thing for tournament paintball. It's what we need. One league for the struggling industry to focus on. Professional and Divisional teams alike will no longer have to split their time and money between two leagues. The reason professional teams dropped out of the PSP for the NPPL, or the NPPL for the PSP, was because they couldn't afford to play in BOTH...so they had to choose.

Same thing goes with Industry sponsors and the vendors at events. What company expects to be able to travel to 10-11 events a year and turn a profit? Just like teams, these companies had to choose which league to support. That, or show up to the five most popular events between the two leagues. Leaving certain regions out of the picture if they commonly have low attendance (like the NEO).

With that simple idea being said, one league will change that. The PSP now has the opportunity to expand in several different ways. They can change up the format accommodate the new teams that are bound to come in(not very likely). They also have the chance to increase the number of events they can have in a season like they attempted before, but this time without the pinch of another national entity on it's back. So I wouldn't be surprised if you see a 6th event in 09. The room is now there both financially and time wise.

And now the even more obvious: Lets just hope this means we finally have a STANDARD format. One that is easily accepted by the public eye. I know that my family and friends understand XBall much easier than 7man. With possibly double the soup being poured into the same pot to boil... who knows how many more mouths we can feed! If handled properly, I think this can be the stepping stool tournament paintball really needs!

Now I do want to say this: I loved 7man, I sure am going to miss it... but I know people that are still saying the same thing about 10man. Every mainstream sport that is out there had different formats and had to grow and change. Paintball is going to do the same thing before it ever gets recognized in the way people want it to be. Has anyone ever seen the movie "leather heads"? I just watched it a couple nights ago and it made me think about the changes tournament paintball has to make before it goes mainstream and fills stadiums and tv channels. In the meantime... why don't we all just play paintball and enjoy the ride. Do whatever it takes to keep playing, and paintball will never die.
possibly one of the most intelligent posts in this thread so far.
you sir, win.

Central Florida Paintball

>Redline Media<
Old 12-03-2008, 09:47 AM #1203
LoVeMyPuMp

LoVeMyPuMp plays in the PSP
LoVeMyPuMp plays in the APPA D5 division
LoVeMyPuMp is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by megabork View Post
this is the exact mentality that killed the nppl, NO ONE CARES ABOUT PAINTBALL EXCEPT PLAYERS PERIOD END OF STORY,, THOSE IDIOTS BK'D THAT LEAGUE WASTING MONEY ON TV STADIUMS ETC, JUST PUT ON GOOD EVENTS AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE MONEY SO IT WILL SURVIVE
SO TRUE!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 10:06 AM #1204
flarkey25
Raging Weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper_Cocker98 View Post
After watching a few paintball dvd's over time I have seen where teams and players have told the psp that they will never play their events again.

So my question is, what happens to the nppl only teams? Will they have to convert to x-ball?
There will be 7-man leagues popping up all over the West Coast offering probably better prizes for cheaper. I would put money on it. Fields would be stupid not to jump all over the demand.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:29 AM #1205
BlackCellPB
Fueled By Success

BlackCellPB plays in the USPL
BlackCellPB plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarkey25 View Post
There will be 7-man leagues popping up all over the West Coast offering probably better prizes for cheaper. I would put money on it. Fields would be stupid not to jump all over the demand.
They already do that on the East Coast. You win like 7-Egos/DMs which is worth more than the 4K or 6K from NPPL. But now we have a Local Dilemna. Local Ranking was always based off of NPPL/PSP Ranking. If the NPPL is no more and a team never played X-Ball....how do you officially rank them?

The other issue was, people played National Events for the Prestige. Local Teams do not provide the same caliber of competition as National Teams.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:31 AM #1206
whsballer17

This is terrible,
So much for the dream of playing in the NPPL
Check out my buddy Ryan Lovato~ www.disruptivepaintball.com He makes the best stuff period!
Old 12-03-2008, 11:01 AM #1207
Robotech

Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
All major sports have gone through this. NHL, NFL, NBA, MLB, NASCAR...all of them have gone through this. They either merge into one larger overall league (NFL and MLB come to mind) or the weaker leagues drop off.

Also, like other hobby type activities such as Radio Controlled Cars the industry is heavily affected by the status of the ecconomy. Currently our ecconomy is tanking and people are more worried about keeping their homes and cars than their paintball. Paintball will suffer until the ecconomy turns around but I don't see it going away for good like Slot Cars did after the 60s. Many small fields will close though and only the large established fields have any hope of making it through this.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:32 AM #1208
smartparts786
wilsonnnnn

smartparts786 plays in the PSP
smartparts786 is an NCPA player
how many professional sports that we all watch (baseball, football, soccer, basketball, etc) have TWO professional leagues? none.

baseball- MLB
football- NFL
basketball-NBA
paintball- PSP and NPPL

see? it doesnt work. xball is more tv friendly and easier to follow. now that there is one league, this is great for paintball. one standard league. woo

KENNESAW STATE PAINTBALL
Old 12-03-2008, 11:38 AM #1209
swedishfishh

swedishfishh posts videos on PbNation
swedishfishh plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCellPB View Post
They already do that on the East Coast. You win like 7-Egos/DMs which is worth more than the 4K or 6K from NPPL. But now we have a Local Dilemna. Local Ranking was always based off of NPPL/PSP Ranking. If the NPPL is no more and a team never played X-Ball....how do you officially rank them?

The other issue was, people played National Events for the Prestige. Local Teams do not provide the same caliber of competition as National Teams.
that my friend is a very good question

M.I.L.F. Hunters 4 Life
Old 12-03-2008, 11:39 AM #1210
swedishfishh

swedishfishh posts videos on PbNation
swedishfishh plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartparts786 View Post
how many professional sports that we all watch (baseball, football, soccer, basketball, etc) have TWO professional leagues? none.

baseball- MLB
football- NFL
basketball-NBA
paintball- PSP and NPPL

see? it doesnt work. xball is more tv friendly and easier to follow. now that there is one league, this is great for paintball. one standard league. woo

i watch pool (billiards)

9 ball, and 8 ball

M.I.L.F. Hunters 4 Life
Old 12-03-2008, 11:39 AM #1211
chrispydct
SLO AZN

Annual Supporting Member
chrispydct plays in the PSP
chrispydct supports Cereal Killerz 2
chrispydct owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
chrispydct plays in the APPA D4 division
chrispydct is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazkid8 View Post
This is how I think tournament paintball will grow the best and become what we all want it to be... mainstream... or atleast stable.

on another note:

Everyone needs to relax. All in all this is a good thing for tournament paintball. It's what we need. One league for the struggling industry to focus on. Professional and Divisional teams alike will no longer have to split their time and money between two leagues. The reason professional teams dropped out of the PSP for the NPPL, or the NPPL for the PSP, was because they couldn't afford to play in BOTH...so they had to choose.

Same thing goes with Industry sponsors and the vendors at events. What company expects to be able to travel to 10-11 events a year and turn a profit? Just like teams, these companies had to choose which league to support. That, or show up to the five most popular events between the two leagues. Leaving certain regions out of the picture if they commonly have low attendance (like the NEO).

With that simple idea being said, one league will change that. The PSP now has the opportunity to expand in several different ways. They can change up the format accommodate the new teams that are bound to come in(not very likely). They also have the chance to increase the number of events they can have in a season like they attempted before, but this time without the pinch of another national entity on it's back. So I wouldn't be surprised if you see a 6th event in 09. The room is now there both financially and time wise.

And now the even more obvious: Lets just hope this means we finally have a STANDARD format. One that is easily accepted by the public eye. I know that my family and friends understand XBall much easier than 7man. With possibly double the soup being poured into the same pot to boil... who knows how many more mouths we can feed! If handled properly, I think this can be the stepping stool tournament paintball really needs!

Now I do want to say this: I loved 7man, I sure am going to miss it... but I know people that are still saying the same thing about 10man. Every mainstream sport that is out there had different formats and had to grow and change. Paintball is going to do the same thing before it ever gets recognized in the way people want it to be. Has anyone ever seen the movie "leather heads"? I just watched it a couple nights ago and it made me think about the changes tournament paintball has to make before it goes mainstream and fills stadiums and tv channels. In the meantime... why don't we all just play paintball and enjoy the ride. Do whatever it takes to keep playing, and paintball will never die.

what i've been trying to say this whole time.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:40 AM #1212
chrispydct
SLO AZN

Annual Supporting Member
chrispydct plays in the PSP
chrispydct supports Cereal Killerz 2
chrispydct owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
chrispydct plays in the APPA D4 division
chrispydct is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishfishh View Post
that my friend is a very good question
agreed. how the hell am i gonna be ranked this next season?
Old 12-03-2008, 11:52 AM #1213
swatstylez
A Dom.Rep Canuck

wow. this is some crazy news. but of course we had to see it coming, so hopefully like most you say, they can focus on one league and bring it up from there.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post78185668
Old 12-03-2008, 12:17 PM #1214
europk
REGINA ROYALS FTMFW

Its is really sad that the NPPL is gone, but its a reality of the times. The PSP has allot of decission making to now,

-Do you accomodate for the 7man semi format?
-Where will the pumpers play now? i thought the pump division at the NPPL was great. i know allot of you dont play and/or like pump but its a very economic format to play for folks on a tight budget.
-do you add events to the season, like a 7 event season where the pros only need to pic 5 to attend, I hope they can put an event in all areas of the US this year,
-do you add a semi only division at the lowest end to make it cheaper for beginner teams?
-please add HB as a psp event. please
I HAVE BEEN AWAY AT A FAMILY REUNION FOR THE LAST WEEK WITH NO INTERNET AND CELL SERVICE, CANADA POST WAS ON STRIKE FROM JUNE 14-28/29th DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVED, ALL PACKAGES WERE SHIPPED AND WILL TO YOU EVENTUALLY, SORRY BLAME THEM NOT ME, CUSTOMS WAS ALSO VERY BACKED UP, I AM ALSO WAITING FOR ITEMS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE LONG AGO

Britt Wagoner : Fan#1 This Girl Deserves Credit
Old 12-03-2008, 12:26 PM #1215
Nokia6618

Annual Supporting Member
Nokia6618 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by europk View Post
Its is really sad that the NPPL is gone, but its a reality of the times. The PSP has allot of decission making to now,

-please add HB as a psp event. please
i can offer you malaga ( spain ) in the millinium series as an alternative for HB. Its only across the atlantic ..
Old 12-03-2008, 12:32 PM #1216
nicpaintball
MX

Quote:
Originally Posted by killawat2 View Post
Wow you are so wrong. I have played both series and have placed several times in both leagues. Xball shows the true skill a player and teams have. You have to change your strategy after every point and only have 2 minutes to do so instead of an hour. You have to be physically conditioned. You have to be able to block out any outside distractions and noise of spectators. You have to be able to be fast and come up with creative ways of getting out wide instead of walking to a corner like nppl. The list goes on and on of what skills xball demands that 7 man doesn't. Xball is what paintball needs to be considered a sport.
well......yah this kinda wierd but......can i marry you?
Old 12-03-2008, 12:32 PM #1217
flarkey25
Raging Weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCellPB View Post

The prestige comes from beating the teams there... If they all go back to local, it'll get more prestige soon enough.

Ranking for local tournaments has always been a joke for the most part. Field owners don't have access to most of the data bases, and mostly go off of people "turning in" guys that were sandbagging, or owners just not letting teams play because they kicked everyone's ***. That, or just start using APPA and get them access to the NPPLs database. It'll take a year or two to get everything sorted out, but it'll all work out in the end.

What I think would be cool is two sets of regional events. East Coast vs West Coast, set up like the AFC and NFC or something. You play X amount of regional events, and the top 50% get qualified to go to a final event or something. They could hold slightly smaller events similar to the CFOA or AXBL for the regionals, which would take care of the whole influx of teams people are worried about, and could make each event cheaper for teams because they won't take as long so you miss less school/work and have to pay less for hotels.

World Cup could then become a seperate event on it's own so everyone can play.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:35 PM #1218
as1anboi24
As1an P4nd4

wtf this is not legit............EVERY BALLER TO THE FEILDS!!!!!!!!!!! LETS MAKE THAT COME BACK