P4IN7 B4LLS
FARSIDE KIDS // HELLCATS

P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the USPL
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the PSP
P4IN7 B4LLS is an NCPA player
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaolinite View Post
All of those aspects of the game are predetermined by a coach/teamleader. individual skill and decision making are completly taken out of the game. You have someone telling you when to shoot,where to shoot, when to move, how to move. xball is way mored controlled everyone is shooting 13bps and a coach telling them what to do it takes all the surprises out of the game too
sounds like youve never played xball

FEEDBACK / 100% Positive
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2008, 08:15 PM #1115
Jbush09
I dont QUIT,I take BREAKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by megabork View Post
thanks f'ing idiots
Thanks for taking a perfectly good league and flushing it down the toilet becouse oF incompetance and ego,Thanks fro not listening to the players and forging ahead with ridiculas schemes to take paintball to tv,webcasts,stadiums etc when most people knew it wasnt ready,Thanks for now putting us as team owners and field owners in a position to completly change our way of playing and our way of doing biz.Thanks for taking away my passion and the funnest thing i do in life.Thanks for giving the psp a way to finnally kill off 7 man,Thanks for souring multible large sponsers to paintball that most likley are too burned to come back(marines,army etc GOOD JOB WAITING TO TAKE THIER MONEY FOR 2009 AND THEN FILING BK)Thanks for taking tons of money from an outside force and complelty f'ing it up to where now no new money will ever come into the sport.Thanks for ruining HB!! wow disgusting that you ruined that,I hope to god that none of you people ever come back into paintball.Your greed and ego ruined the best league i hope your proud
obviously PSP is the best league because its still around.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:19 PM #1116
paintballer187
187PB.COM

Annual Supporting Member
paintballer187 is a Moderator
paintballer187 is a Supporting Member
paintballer187 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballer187 is BST Legit
paintballer187 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
All of those aspects of the game are predetermined by a coach/teamleader. individual skill and decision making are completly taken out of the game. You have someone telling you when to shoot,where to shoot, when to move, how to move. xball is way mored controlled everyone is shooting 13bps and a coach telling them what to do it takes all the surprises out of the game too
It's not like there is a coach for each player. What you're describing just doesn't happen for all players on the field.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:25 PM #1117
sillyhooligans...
reppin' the 704

sillyhooligans... owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sillyhooligans... is an NCPA player
sillyhooligans... plays in the APPA D4 division
true theres not a coach for every player but a well stacked team has plenty of coaches and other staff/players to lend a hand to a teamate still in play. For the snake players ive seen 2 or 3 coaches talking to them once but then again it depends on the team.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:30 PM #1118
paintballer187
187PB.COM

Annual Supporting Member
paintballer187 is a Moderator
paintballer187 is a Supporting Member
paintballer187 is a founding member
paintballer187 is BST Legit
paintballer187 works for a Paintball manufacturer
I'm not saying coaching doesn't play a big factor for successful teams but the idea that each individual player does not need to know what is going on in the game because someone will tell them is a ridiculous notion.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:30 PM #1119
jmac3

Quote:

HAHAHHAA I am sure the Snake side player can really hear their coaches enough to be able to direct him to the people to shoot. Not to mention the coach couldn't even see the same thing.

Sillyhooligans, Coaches aren't even allowed on the snake side. Sure as long as they are not rostered they can but whatever, they are like 5 feet from the net.

What about the people in the center of the field? Are they getting coached personally?
Old 12-02-2008, 08:40 PM #1120
Ion103
SEMPER VIC

Ion103 plays in the PSP
Ion103 is an NCPA National Champion
Ion103 plays in the APPA D2 division
Ion103 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by killawat2 View Post
Wow you are so wrong. I have played both series and have placed several times in both leagues. Xball shows the true skill a player and teams have. You have to change your strategy after every point and only have 2 minutes to do so instead of an hour. You have to be physically conditioned. You have to be able to block out any outside distractions and noise of spectators. You have to be able to be fast and come up with creative ways of getting out wide instead of walking to a corner like nppl. The list goes on and on of what skills xball demands that 7 man doesn't. Xball is what paintball needs to be considered a sport.

UW-Whitewater Paintball Team - KEE/EMPIRE
Old 12-02-2008, 08:43 PM #1121
Jbush09

Quote:
Originally Posted by killawat2 View Post
Wow you are so wrong. I have played both series and have placed several times in both leagues. Xball shows the true skill a player and teams have. You have to change your strategy after every point and only have 2 minutes to do so instead of an hour. You have to be physically conditioned. You have to be able to block out any outside distractions and noise of spectators. You have to be able to be fast and come up with creative ways of getting out wide instead of walking to a corner like nppl. The list goes on and on of what skills xball demands that 7 man doesn't. Xball is what paintball needs to be considered a sport.
Best post of the thread.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:44 PM #1122
swedishfishh

swedishfishh posts videos on PbNation
swedishfishh plays in the APPA D4 division
killawat, if yo uwere here id buy you a drink cause you hit the ****in nail on the head with yoru statement on why xball is better

M.I.L.F. Hunters 4 Life
Old 12-02-2008, 08:46 PM #1123
SK33W0NK
Chirp Chirp

SK33W0NK supports Cereal Killerz 2
SK33W0NK donated to help Peyton Trent
SK33W0NK helped look for balloons
SK33W0NK supports Sherwood Forest
Wow. That sucks..
Old 12-02-2008, 08:46 PM #1124
ba dave
513/812 Productions

If the psp was smart the would by the NPPL name and make some tweaks to how they run stuff. Because the National Professional Paintball league is a way better name than Paintball Sports Promotions.

Plus this is good for paintball. You cant have mutiple formats if we ever want our sport to get big.

There is only one format for soccer, basketball, baseball and so on...

Look at the positives that come out of this.

Seven Hearts One Beat
Old 12-02-2008, 08:46 PM #1125
MoneyShotz

XBALL vs 7 Man NPPL

You need to ask yourself first off is one team dominating in both formats? I don't beleive so. So, then there is a big difference between the 2 formats. Teams that play PSP don't do very well in 7 man NPPL and vice versa. So, with that data point it obvious that there must be something that is causing teams to play better in one specific format. It could be Coaching, Ramping, the fact that you only need to fire 3 times then hold trigger to go into full auto 13 bps. tough to figure out though

--MS
Old 12-02-2008, 08:47 PM #1126
PaInTbAlLeR91
Witty User Title

But you shoot a crapload of paint in X-ball.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:48 PM #1127
jmac3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyShotz View Post
You need to ask yourself first off is one team dominating in both formats? I don't beleive so. So, then there is a big difference between the 2 formats. Teams that play PSP don't do very well in 7 man NPPL and vice versa. So, with that data point it obvious that there must be something that is causing teams to play better in one specific format. It could be Coaching, Ramping, the fact that you only need to fire 3 times then hold trigger to go into full auto 13 bps. tough to figure out though

--MS
Maybe I am wrong, but the Ironmen(NXL Champs?) are in the top 4 of the NPPL? The only reason they didn't win NPPL was because they came in dead last in San Diego.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:48 PM #1128
lobo1
MedleyPaintballPark

lobo1 plays in the PSP
lobo1 is an NCPA player
lobo1 plays in the APPA D1 division
Bet cancelling Texas killed them..

rip Ian Guckian
Old 12-02-2008, 08:50 PM #1129
MoneyShotz

PSP vs NPPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac3 View Post
Maybe I am wrong, but the Ironmen(NXL Champs?) are in the top 4 of the NPPL for? The only reason they didn't win NPPL was because they came in dead last in San Diego.
Hmmm i think you got it the reason they didnt win was because they came in dead last in San Diego. Wierd tough to figure out.

--MS
Old 12-02-2008, 08:51 PM #1130
Jbush09

Quote:

--MS
I probably have been under a rock for a couple years,but have you ever heard of a team called DYNASTY?
Old 12-02-2008, 08:53 PM #1131
plastic

Quote:
Hmmm i think you got it the reason they didnt win was because they came in dead last in San Diego. Wierd tough to figure out.

--MS
However, they placed well consistently. One bad event =/= bad at the format.

--P
Old 12-02-2008, 08:55 PM #1132
nickwithanafive
VA 540 VA

nickwithanafive plays in the PSP
nickwithanafive is an NCPA player
nickwithanafive plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:

--MS
It's more likely that the team had an off event, which happens, than it is that the formats are so different that the team couldn't play the format. Seeing how they were leading the league before the last event. Maybe they just forgot to how to play 7 man? Good ****ing joke.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:56 PM #1133
Jones Paintball

hehe, guess the economy really does affect paintball

/absurd .
Old 12-02-2008, 08:57 PM #1134
osckey123
Definition of Class

osckey123 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
osckey123 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
how about PSP start thinking about how they will be able to accomodate professional players with a decent salary with this higher income.

God does not call the qualified, he qualifies the called
QUE VIVA ESPANA! LOS CAMPEONES DEL MUNDO DESDE 7/11/2010!
"Originally posted by xfactor6911: How dare you question my ****ing knowing of naval submarines."