PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-01-2008, 02:59 PM #253
Nj_Balla791
Suck brick kid.

Nj_Balla791 plays in the PSP
Nj_Balla791 plays in the APPA D4 division
^^^^yeah seriously think about everyone not just one state. We all are losing leagues as well.

a box of sharp objects is wat i need..

Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2008, 02:59 PM #254
badboyz21

Annual Supporting Member
badboyz21 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiM-O View Post
you said it yourself, HALF. that means LESS pro teams play in the NXL....
no that just means the other half of the NXL does not play in the NPPL...and visa versa.

there are close to the same amount of teams in both leagues.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:59 PM #255
openingact
I Live My Life 300 fps

Quote:
hahaha and you are so naive for believing him. you clearly haven't been to CA to see how much large paintball is here.
Maybe it's not a case of me coming to CA (which I have) as much as it is you leaving CA to see how big it also is around the nation.

Either way... NPPL is gone
Old 12-01-2008, 03:00 PM #256
wooten16
Madness is my method.

brutal

"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel."

Old 12-01-2008, 03:00 PM #257
russianlegion3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auctionjunkie! View Post
It seems most everyone is missing the point. Through bankruptcy the NPPL can be purchased by another entity and survive. Just because they are in bankruptcy doesn't always mean they will disappear. This is a perfect time for PSP to purchase NPPL for a dime on the dollar!!

Dan
Yeah, and with that kind of power that the PSP could have, they could monopolize the national event market, sky rocketing prices if they please, since they have no competition anymore, unless some other group of investors buy the NPPL and revive it, or another league creates a national league.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:00 PM #258
weltmaker2000
Rickfactor

has been a member for 10 years
weltmaker2000 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
weltmaker2000 supports Team VICIOUS
Granted, I did not read through 13 pages of "wow, thats too bad" but what does this mean for next year ? Is it effective immediately whereas there will not be any events at all such as HB ? Are they ceasing operations immediately ?
Old 12-01-2008, 03:00 PM #259
ollielangjr
DSA

ollielangjr plays in the PSP
ollielangjr is playing at Living Legends III
ollielangjr owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ollielangjr supports Team VICIOUS
So does this mean no more pb2x

If so i best be gettin a refund on my subscription

Old 12-01-2008, 03:02 PM #260
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Annual Supporting Member
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
Fox4paintball is an Ultimate field/store owner
Fox4paintball plays in the PSP
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Fox4paintball plays in the APPA D4 division
LiM-O,

I'm confident that someone (company?) will pickup where the XPSL and NPPL dropped off. If there is demand for a 7-man regional league then someone will offer it.

As for your logic of not liking to leave CA to play other venues (where the stands are empty), can you just go back and re-read it - do you think anyone (team) likes to travel 6 hours to play an event in state? Stands full or empty don't really matter to me, but I know I dislike spending the money to travel all that distance, put up cash for rental cars, hotels, food, etc.. It's so much easier when the league is "Local" and I can drive there in my own car - sleep in my own bed - eat food out of my own house.

Everyone would like all 5 national events to be held in their backyard - however, it's just not practical because we don't all share the same backyard.
Home of upTon 187 cRew
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Old 12-01-2008, 03:02 PM #261
crbn50

crbn50 plays in the PSP
crbn50 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianlegion3 View Post
Yeah, and with that kind of power that the PSP could have, they could monopolize the national event market, sky rocketing prices if they please, since they have no competition anymore, unless some other group of investors buy the NPPL and revive it, or another league creates a national league.

trrue
Old 12-01-2008, 03:03 PM #262
wooten16
Madness is my method.

so we have psp and millennium...cool

"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel."

Old 12-01-2008, 03:03 PM #263
RLpaintball45
Andy Massar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavemanchaz View Post
best news ive heard in paintball in a minute
dude, **** yourself. This is not good news at all! it just shows how little money there is in the paintball community. Do you see the NBA going out of business?

Just stop playing.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:04 PM #264
BlackCellPB
Fueled By Success

BlackCellPB plays in the USPL
BlackCellPB plays in the APPA D4 division
This will be interesting to see what happens. The bad part is this will have a massive impact on Dye, Planet Eclipse, SupAir, and many other companies.

The writing was on the wall for the last 2 events.
They lost all the potential money from Texas.
They had the events at Expensive Venues.
The increase in pricing was a deterrent.

In order to survive they needed to
1. Rewrite the rulebook
2. Use Credit Services for Paint and Entry like "Bill Me Later"
3. Not dump all their money into a repetative TV Program 2 years in a row
4. Market and Plan the events better....not in areas during storm seasons (Jacksonville and Texas)
5. Have more effective staff
6. Better Marketing
7. Increased Trust to Prevent Cheating/Sand Bagging

They were doing so much better this year with the reffing, time management, etc. It's a shame.

Best of Luck to all the people who lost their job because of this.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:04 PM #265
plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLpaintball45 View Post
dude, **** yourself. This is not good news at all! it just shows how little money there is in the paintball community. Do you see the NBA going out of business?

Just stop playing.
... Do you see a competing league to the NBA?

Get a clue.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:05 PM #266
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
you said it yourself, HALF. that means LESS pro teams play in the NXL. and the NPPL is important to players out in CA, because we do try our best to play in them, it just a lot of us don't care for leaving CA to play somewhere else where the stands are empty.

the PSP doesn't have to do anything, it doesn't have to add ****. i never said it did. i am simply saying a **** load of teams play XPSL and NPPL and now that 7man is dead, and unless there is a solution to our problem, we are going to be without a tournament series.

we won't have more than one west coast event by the PSP cause the PSP simply won't change what they are doing cause they are clearly doing things right.
At least 13 of those 18 pro teams have participated in PSP events. Some of them have left after 07 for different reasons (commonly the lack of funding, causing teams to have to choose one league to focus on - naturally being the league they do better in). If you don't care for traveling, don't play national events.

You mentioned that the PSP is doing things right. Remember that the PSP has 3 events on the east coast, 1 event in the midwest, and 1 event toward the west coast. They really are doing things right - by not having a CA event. The bottom line is that CA players that want to play national events can learn to play on an x-ball field or they can sit at home and complain about the lack of 7-man events. Once the numbers from the west coast are there for the PSP, the PSP has a reason to consider hosting a CA event. Until then, please hold all unreasonable requests for events in CA.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:06 PM #267
vi3telit3
Pow! Pow! Power Wheels

vi3telit3 helped look for balloons
Quote:
you said it yourself, HALF. that means LESS pro teams play in the NXL. and the NPPL is important to players out in CA, because we do try our best to play in them, it just a lot of us don't care for leaving CA to play somewhere else where the stands are empty.

the PSP doesn't have to do anything, it doesn't have to add ****. i never said it did. i am simply saying a **** load of teams play XPSL and NPPL and now that 7man is dead, and unless there is a solution to our problem, we are going to be without a tournament series.

we won't have more than one west coast event by the PSP cause the PSP simply won't change what they are doing cause they are clearly doing things right.
Just wanted to say this quickly and add some of my own thoughts.

When he said half of the NPPL teams play in NXL, that does not mean the NXL is a smaller league (although it is possible, but not an exclusive possiblity). It just means what he said: half of the NPPL teams play NXL as well. You can't infer anything about the size of NXL from that.

On to my rant. I believe this will be a good change. Why? We'll see an alignment towards the PSP league. There's no conflicting league matters and it's a take it or leave it matter. Teams either accept the PSP or they don't play, it's as simple as that. What does that mean to the players on the ground? You get a uniform playing format that makes the sport consistent, putting everyone on the same page. With all this talk of economic crisis and backstabbing in the paintball industry, we are in dire need of a leading format that gathers the attention of the industry. To lead us in changes that will maintain paintball as we all want it. We'll all lose something from this (for me it's semi-automatic format), but we have so much more to gain. You guys have to start bucking down and getting over your egos. This is very good news.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:06 PM #268
SleePWalK

Well, I guess that answers everyones questions about Relegation next year.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:06 PM #269
RLpaintball45
Andy Massar

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic View Post
... Do you see a competing league to the NBA?

Get a clue.

You dont seem to understand my analogy. What im saying is, that it just shows how weak this sport is, if we are dropping 3 leagues.

I just cant believe that he said that it was good news.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:06 PM #270
crbn50

crbn50 plays in the PSP
crbn50 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforcegtid00d View Post
At least 13 of those 18 pro teams have participated in PSP events. Some of them have left after 07 for different reasons (commonly the lack of funding, causing teams to have to choose one league to focus on - naturally being the league they do better in).

You mentioned that the PSP is doing things right. Remember that the PSP has 3 events on the east coast, 1 event in the midwest, and 1 event toward the west coast. They really are doing things right - by not having a CA event. The bottom line is that CA players that want to play national events can learn to play on an x-ball field or they can sit at home and complain about the lack of 7-man events. Once the numbers from the west coast are there for the PSP, the PSP has a reason to consider hosting a CA event. Until then, please hold all unreasonable requests for events in CA.

dawt
Old 12-01-2008, 03:07 PM #271
Carnagge

This just means there liquidating and selling there assets. This doesn't mean pb2x and NPPL, XPSL are no more. It just means they have to liquidate to pay there debts... Banks/lenders will want to see some of there money returned so businesses will be sold.

Translation...

Shawn Walker being fired was the beginning of the end confirmed. Knew this would happen when that happened. Eventhough SW is (insert comment that's not positive).

68/4500 tank
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post64366912
Old 12-01-2008, 03:07 PM #272
paintballa12788

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballa12788 plays in the PSP
paintballa12788 plays in the APPA Pro division
paintballa12788 supports Empire
paintballa12788 is All In
paintballa12788 is All In
some info is being held back.........a company knows this is coming befor it does, so why even look at venues like they did for next season and discuss it at SD? I think they wil be back under a different name/owner
Old 12-01-2008, 03:07 PM #273
AceofSpades iO
I Love Lamp

AceofSpades iO is a Paintball photographer
AceofSpades iO plays in the USPL
AceofSpades iO posts videos on PbNation
So is this effective immediatly?

are there going to be any '09 events like NPPL HB or XPSL Bako?

. IM DM9 .
HUGE Gearbag Sale . Jerseys . Masks . Tanks . Headgear . ect

KGBMacdev USA The ShackKEE EmpireOringMonkeyCS Paintball