Old 12-02-2008, 11:08 PM #127
RoCkIn3993
DESTROY

has been a member for 10 years
RoCkIn3993 plays in the PSP
RoCkIn3993 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLUnited View Post
Sad day but this could be good. PSP you need to get your **** together, cut out the things players don't like (ramping, etc.) and completly bank off the fact the PSP is now the number one paintball league
Ramping was one of the biggest differences from the leagues. I'm seriously doubt that's going to change
Hopefully some other things though.

Rodarte
Old 12-02-2008, 11:46 PM #128
Samuel/Sarah
JCity Raps

Samuel/Sarah is playing at Living Legends III
Samuel/Sarah supports Team VICIOUS
Samuel/Sarah is for the Gunfight
So lets say pacific paintball makes the sell to the NPPL and the still seek to exhist we could still be looking at another event come March?

dammit I was secretly planning my honeymoon to go to the coast and accidently run into the hunington beach event.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:43 AM #129
NorCalP8Ball
Hey ******* Get Me A BeeR

NorCalP8Ball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I wonder if another company will by out the league and appoint new owners and managers to reinstate 7man.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:00 AM #130
Davvid
Capital Edge Hitters

Old 12-03-2008, 04:36 PM #131
ipaintball4jesus
ThizZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaLoveEgo's View Post
PSP is by far a better venue anyway
****ing dot
qft.

2006 sft shocker
68/4500 draxxus tank
black vlocity jr
$350.00 shipped!
Old 12-03-2008, 04:38 PM #132
ipaintball4jesus
ThizZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLUnited View Post
Sad day but this could be good. PSP you need to get your **** together, cut out the things players don't like (ramping, etc.) and completly bank off the fact the PSP is now the number one paintball league
Your dumb as cummmmmmmmm
psp has always been number 1.

2006 sft shocker
68/4500 draxxus tank
black vlocity jr
$350.00 shipped!
Old 12-03-2008, 04:46 PM #133
Kokolis

not in my eyes, I think they were both tied, I liked some things about both of them, for instance. I loved how the NPPL was 7-man, I loved how PSP had a timer and rounds (although I do not like the new race style where the first team to I think it is 6 wins), I loved how the NPPL was semi, I loved how the NPPL had no sideline coaching, I loved how the penalties are in PSP, I loved the reffing of the PSP, I didn't like how the PSP has sideline coaching.

My perfect format would be 7-man on a football sized field, the field was based on a large xball field, semi, timer, not a first to however points wins, no sideline coaching, PSP style penalties, and PSP's style of reffing. I think that would be perfect.

Many may disagree with me and thats fine, but I think that would be the perfect format.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:48 PM #134
rdwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispydct View Post
Paintballing needs to be VAULTED into mainstream sports. A good way is to do "charity" events that help fundraise for not only paintballing but some other organization as well. This would draw in big name sponsors to help while paintballing is seen as a fun and safe sport.
Here is a charity tournament - http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2762298

and the pros coming to it - http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2901061

registration still open for it - can register at appa site - www.paintball-players.org and look for the Laurens Hope Charity tournament.

We have Dye, CP, and other major sponsors. 100% of proceeds go to Laurens Hope Foundation - www.LaurensHope.org
thanks
ron
Old 12-03-2008, 08:33 PM #135
DayWalker_13
IJNIP

DayWalker_13 plays in the USPL
DayWalker_13 plays in the PSP
DayWalker_13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DayWalker_13 supports DLX Technology
very sad outcome.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:58 PM #136
KILLJOY!
'Prozac' Phil Prolo

My view on the whole situation is that this is in no way a negitave to the paintball industry and world for players or tournaments. This can only go in two dirrections, growth, or merger.

By the meanings of growth, the psp is one of the remaining 'major' leauges. This in no way means that they're 'happy' about the NPPL hitting bankrupt. But by groth the psp can invest in buying the NPPL (Pacific Paintball) which will lead to a merge. By a merge I mean by the idea of the PSP purchasing the NPPL, they can add more divisions and a new format to PSP. By doing that they can have more tournaments, or longer tournamnets, more venders, more sponsors, and yes, more orginization; now all tournaments can be appa formated which will lead to better ranking classificication. (spelt wrong, i know).

This is not obama's fault, this is not anyones fault execept for Pacific Paintball, which even then, it is still not they're fault. This is a bad few weeks, espically when check's are bouncing and they're is alot of doubt. But everything will be okay in the end, if its not okay, its not the end.

dp:g3
Old 12-03-2008, 09:22 PM #137
megabork
im jabba

megabork is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokolis View Post
not in my eyes, I think they were both tied, I liked some things about both of them, for instance. I loved how the NPPL was 7-man, I loved how PSP had a timer and rounds (although I do not like the new race style where the first team to I think it is 6 wins), I loved how the NPPL was semi, I loved how the NPPL had no sideline coaching, I loved how the penalties are in PSP, I loved the reffing of the PSP, I didn't like how the PSP has sideline coaching.

My perfect format would be 7-man on a football sized field, the field was based on a large xball field, semi, timer, not a first to however points wins, no sideline coaching, PSP style penalties, and PSP's style of reffing. I think that would be perfect.

Many may disagree with me and thats fine, but I think that would be the perfect format.
yeah that would be good
Old 12-04-2008, 08:52 AM #138
AnthonyDStone
Tie Dye Artist/Hippy

Quote:
still okay to use for practice though.
i have no idea how to play by PSP rules or X-Ball. not to clutter the thread, but if someone could pm about how to play that would be great!
If you read what this guy writes regularly,You will find he is the Dumbest 12 year old on the Nation!

NiPPLe Will never completely Die,Someone will buy the name if nothing.And If Not?Oh well,Play In Open tournies,Not like those are hard to find!

Tony
AnthonyDStone Fan Club Member #1,753,934
Come on Out to Breakaway Paintball!
www.breakawaypaintball.com
Old 12-04-2008, 09:04 AM #139
DarkArmorPB
VampiresTasteLikeChicken

DarkArmorPB is a Supporting Member
Quote:
yea... i was wondering how much they were going to sell their bunkers for.

The fields all belonged to Sup-air if I am not mistaken. Last year when we bought our NPPL field from Sup-air, we received a discounted rate if we took a complete field set from an event. Since we are in the midwest, we traveled to KC and picked up a field from the event after it was over. The NPPL had nothing to do with the sale.

DA.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:05 PM #140
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokolis View Post
I loved how the NPPL was semi
The rules were semi, but the guns were not.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
Old 12-04-2008, 02:14 PM #141
Sharpie_H8
Show. No. Love.

Sharpie_H8 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post

- Chris

will you ever stop?
Stuntin but never frontin, since 91.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:33 PM #142
Darookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLJOY! View Post
...This is not obama's fault, this is not...
That made no sense whatsoever. Hell, your whole post made no sense.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:31 PM #143
xXLBD11Xx
Atomix Nation

xXLBD11Xx plays in the PSP
xXLBD11Xx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaLoveEgo's View Post
PSP is by far a better venue anyway
Blake hasn't ever been to a nppl event ... so how can he say this lmfao
Previous Teams
CRU LT
Cru'd
Grind
AtomiX Nation
AtomiX LBD

C5a Master Airsmith
Old 12-04-2008, 03:37 PM #144
DarkArmorPB
VampiresTasteLikeChicken

DarkArmorPB is a Supporting Member
Wasn't it the owner of Edmonton Impact who even admitted that his guns all had cheater boards at the NPPL meeting at SD? I think I remember someone saying something about it. One of the ref staff or someone else high up in the org. If they are doing it, you can bet that most of the other pro and semi pro teams are.

DA
Old 12-04-2008, 03:39 PM #145
captainspaulding

Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post

- Chris
we get it, the NPPL didn't use your infinantly better player ID system, so everything else about them must be horrible too
but you know what, some of us spent the last 20 or so years learning marker skills and think that ramping is just plain lazy, and we have spent that same time learning field awarness and think that sideline coaching in paintball just dumbs it down, but hey you have you opinion and I have mine
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/WMASSREGULATORS
my blog,Life Behind Lenses:
http://lifebehindlenses.blogspot.com/
help Adam
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2796449
Old 12-04-2008, 05:27 PM #146
fix
always droppin' knowledge

fix is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainspaulding View Post
we get it, the NPPL didn't use your infinantly better player ID system, so everything else about them must be horrible too
but you know what, some of us spent the last 20 or so years learning marker skills and think that ramping is just plain lazy, and we have spent that same time learning field awarness and think that sideline coaching in paintball just dumbs it down, but hey you have you opinion and I have mine
He is simply stating the truth. Its just plain ignorant to think that cheater boards/ramping/bounce whatever and even sideline coaching weren't a part of the NPPL.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:39 PM #147
juveg7fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainspaulding View Post
Seriously, this is not the first time he tried to put down NPPL, XPSL and Shawn Walker. And I agree it's because they didn't use his id system. If they were using his system. All the negative quotes that he has posted, and there have been PLENTY!!! Would infact be all positive of course. As a business owner that isn't very professional. Get over it already!!!