Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-10-2008, 10:17 PM #1
Yakkers

TV Commercial

I just saw an ad for the game on TV a few minutes ago on Discovery Channel. It consisted of some gameplay clips as well as some clips of real life paintball, and gave the game's website, http://www.pbsting.com/.
I wouldn't have expected them to advertise due to the fact that the main audience is real life paintballers, and most of us had already heard of the game.

Anyone else seen this yet?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2008, 03:54 PM #2
eddiebelanger

eddiebelanger is a Supporting Member
i also saw it last night
Old 12-11-2008, 05:18 PM #3
Reaper595
CC VIM Media

Reaper595 is a Paintball photographer
Reaper595 is an NCPA player
this could help to promote the sport in general

R.I.P. Dennis
Old 12-11-2008, 10:41 PM #4
hugh-g-rection
im delicious

i understand why discovery channel. in a way the sport is kind of sciencey with the technology of the guns...ntm that they have shown paintball on mythbusters, timewarp, and how its made

Reppin for: Planet Eclipse,Geurrilla Air,PB Xplosion
Old 12-21-2008, 12:39 PM #5
pbMaNiaKk

Have seen it a few times

I was also surprised to see this commercial for it. I ordered it off EBgames' website because there was not enough "demand" for the game to be released on it's release date (Nov. 19th) at actual stores; or so I was told by an employee. I was frustrated with that fact, and of course the day I ordered the game off the internet, it goes in stock at the stores near my house. I want that rap song from the commercial though. Haha
Old 12-22-2008, 11:18 AM #6
SpyzLykeMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbMaNiaKk View Post
I want that rap song from the commercial though. Haha
I saw the same commerical and I believe the track you're talking about is the same one that's in the game called "Heavy" by BLloyd.

Its the song that goes something like "some base and some treble, you're a lightweight and this is heavy metal; this is crunch time, its time to lock and load, I'm a rock star I rock n' roll"....or somthing like that. "B.Lloyd" is Brandon Lloyd who plays for the Chicago Bears. He recorded the track with the help of the Phunk Junkeez.

He mentions the track and the game here: http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3738888

You can hear the track under the music section of his site: http://www.blloyd.com/

Last edited by SpyzLykeMe : 12-22-2008 at 11:21 AM. Reason: shortening clip from quote