PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-25-2017, 03:54 PM #1
xanderbox

has been a member for 10 years
xanderbox supports Ninja Paintball
PM5 Solenoid Gaskets

I'm looking to source gaskets for my PM5.

It's been in storage for 6 years, and I haven't gassed it up yet but am preparing for the worst.

Also as all the rubber on the market is +12 years old it will need replaced before too long as buna has a 15 year life.

Contacted Dye by email but haven't gotten any reply.
xanderbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2017, 08:37 AM #2
mueller
hypocriticizer

I've yet to have a DM noid gasket fail. It does happen but...

Everything else is basic buna orings. Well, UR originally... but I'd just use buna. Debatable. UR rings disintegrate and turn into "eye booger" consistency and color, both dry or gooey. You'll see....

Change the 007 in the HPR and the 006 in the LPR before any air goes in the gun. Both have 'tricks' to changing, find them on PBN (pencap install, "shooting the LPR out" --- SAFELY).

Open the bolt up and change any "eye booger" orings over black buna, lube it up. For ALL of these orings you have to get ALL of the old one out. I use compressed air and a pick as needed.

Don't mess with the noid. Be careful with your eye ribbon, and, the wiring for battery/microswitch, both get brittle. Get basic black orings, not colored, they shoot better.

This ^ will get 95% of old matrixes back on a field. Good luck. Post then PM me if really stuck I'll help.

Last edited by mueller : 02-27-2017 at 08:43 AM.
mueller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:22 PM #3
xanderbox

has been a member for 10 years
xanderbox supports Ninja Paintball
I had already pulled out my parts kit and tossed all the o-rings as they had lost all their elasticity.
I fully rebuild the marker with new o'rings from the hardware store. Getting those 006 and 007 out was a pain as they were brittle and crumbled. Had to wash everything thoroughly and clean all the raceways with compressed air. Used macro line to install the 2 urethane reg piston o-rings.

Haven't gassed it up yet, but I want to have a contingency plan in case there is a leak at the solenoid and those gaskets have broken down.