Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-29-2008, 01:01 AM #85
Mr.AmaZiN
A Witty User Title

Im planning on renting it tomorrow. If its even the least bit decent, i'll probably pick it up sometime.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-29-2008, 03:28 PM #86
GreenStreetElite01
Dude, these are isotopes

GreenStreetElite01 plays in the PSP
GreenStreetElite01 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GreenStreetElite01 plays in the APPA D4 division
I got it for 360 and went in with an open mind. I wasn't expecting anything spectacular but I can honestly say they dropped the ball on this one. It's a huge step back in both gameplay and features from GHTP Maxd. It has a definite graphical edge but this is far outweighed by bad controls, not being able to play as any of the pro or divisional teams, no color customization, no character creation, load times longer than the actual games, AI opponents that can't defend themselves for more than 10 seconds....I can go on and on. Honestly this game becomes less about paintball and more about running down the field and grabbing the flag over and over. I hardly even have to shoot anyone and my teams just rolls over everyone. I also hate the ai's sixth sense which tells them to run in circles around the bunker when you try to bunker them. Overall, despite really wanting to like this game, I feel like it's a really half-assed attempt at unseating GHTP. Greg Hastings is by no means perfect but it FEELS more like paintball. I'll still play it from time to time but only to keep me busy till the next Greg Hastings.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:20 PM #87
taperunner85
| Fallen Heroes |

taperunner85 plays in the PSP
taperunner85 is playing at Living Legends III
taperunner85 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
taperunner85 supports Team VICIOUS
Start off by saying thanks to the OP for writing the review, the game isn't coming out until tomm. (apparently) in Canada so this may have saved me 50$ which is why i will rent it first, but where i live the closest indoor Xball feild is 3 hours away and extremely expensive, so this game is going to be my main paintball fix until like April.
Fallen Heroes CXBL 2011
Old 11-30-2008, 03:14 PM #88
pbmidge 01

i couldnt get my game till the 25th...and they said they were soldout on the 18th..not even saving me a copy..the career is boring, and easy. online isent very good..i might trade this in and get left for dead.

Pretty much the game is boring online, sucks..unless ur host.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:59 PM #89
AXEMAN 6
My balls=Your Face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmidge 01 View Post
i couldnt get my game till the 25th...and they said they were soldout on the 18th..not even saving me a copy..the career is boring, and easy. online isent very good..i might trade this in and get left for dead.

Pretty much the game is boring online, sucks..unless ur host.
whats good about being host?

Ninja NXT Shocker F/T/S
2009 UL'D SLG F/T/S
EBAY FEEDBACK
+45/-0
Old 11-30-2008, 05:29 PM #90
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXEMAN 6 View Post
whats good about being host?
You pick the gear people are allowed to use.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:03 PM #91
flexcapone
Photographer

flexcapone donated to help Peyton Trent
flexcapone owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenStreetElite01 View Post
It's a huge step back in both gameplay and features from GHTP Maxd...Overall, despite really wanting to like this game, I feel like it's a really half-assed attempt at unseating GHTP. Greg Hastings is by no means perfect but it FEELS more like paintball. I'll still play it from time to time but only to keep me busy till the next Greg Hastings.
Now, I've seen this in other threads regarding this game, and I just want to say one thing about it. Please keep in mind, GreenStreetElite01, that I am not pointing anyone out, just bringing one fact to the table.

Although GHTP Max'd and NPPL Championship Paintball 2009 both have Activision written on the game, it was not created by Activision but rather published by them. You don't mention that in your quote, but I'll get to my point. GHTP Max'd was developed by WXP (The Whole Experience, Inc.), while NPPL Championship Paintball 2009 was developed by Magic Wand Productions. WXP's been making games for over 11 years, while Magic Wand is fairly new - their oldest game (from their website) dates back to Aug '04 (Rapala Fishing and Cabala's Deer Hunt).

So anyone that sees this thread and still blames Activision for making a crappy game, keep in mind that Activision is just the publisher.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:26 PM #92
painted245

get this. Bought the game so excited to play. Found no co-op mode. Pissed but set aside. Went and played a reg match and planned my break out. I get into my bunker and suddenly move to the side. I look to my right and see my own teamate pushing me into the fireing lane to get gogged. AI in this game SUCK! I go online. Limited gear choices and NO ability to choose levels or type of game. NO feature to kick players who do not hit the ready button. Instead of going into a game and starting I sit and w8 for 10 minutes untill each player had hit the ready button. RETARTED LIVE FEATURES. Dont buy this im returning tommorow.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:28 AM #93
StLballer007
John Lennon

StLballer007 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
StLballer007 plays in the APPA D5 division
StLballer007 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Instead of making a new thread I will just post my personal review of this game in here, I have though asked a mod to add the game to the review section I do believe it should be added there, but with that said here I go....

I knew walking into this game that I would not be getting something the qaulity of halo or cod4 so with that said I at least expected something simular to or better than ghtp maxxed. So I put the game in and start playing I go directly to career mode and start it up. They give me players to select from and I choose one then from there they ask to chose a team name. This is one of my problems with the game, if i want my team name to be the Staton Island Fairies then thats what I want my team name to be I don't want to be given a bunch of team names to choose from.

Graphics in the game, like I said before not expecting anything special, where overall decent. The problem that I have with the graphics is that seeing of the other players. Particullarly off the break you can see the paintballs flying but you cant see where they are coming from. But overall the game looks very good.

Controls, nothing new here they are very simular to ghtp.

Game Play, ok this is where my real problem with the game is. I also got it for the wii and it is really fun playing it with the wii little bit of getting used to but fun. Like I said before you can't see the players off the break. You can barley see them even behind bunkers. Ok I have a 52 toshiba 1080p hd tv i can see every thing on cod4. In the training drills I could barrly see the people I am supposed to shoot. I am not blind I am not dumb, I had a diffcult time actually seeing the other team I was playing against. Yet though I can make the 50 in less than 2 seconds there is no one in this world that can run 30 yards/ 90 feet in less than 2 seconds you have to be kidding me. If there is anyone that reads this and they can run a flat out 3.0 30 then we need to talk because I will repesent you as an agent most agents want 10% I want 5%. I played football and wrestled in college I am fast I can make the corner at 15 bps there is no way in hell I make the 50 in less than 2 seconds. To get back on track, I can barrley see the other players across the feild. It gets to be upsetting, when you are in the the d50 and can see a person in the snake. For me this kinda ruins that game. But I will say that the biggest improvement from ghtp is the ai/your team play. They acctually have your team shooting people out. From ghtp I remeber that your team is never shoots anyone out. So that is an improvement. So i cant see any one but yet I still shoot them out. The other issue is that when you go to bunker someone they some how run circles around the bunker and then your team can't shoot them. I still have not bunkered someone out. Its stuiped.

Random stuff, I you have dye shoes, a dye gun, dye googles, but no dye jersey or pants. The halo sucks so does the every loader but the vlocity. The best guns in the game seem to be all Bob Long guns. I don't mind that but don't rate the gd dm8 so f*ing low. The other thing is make the shooting of the gun at least in ghtp you could do shoot with one fingure and it was fine.

So my rating of this game out of 10 is

4.5 out of 10

game play-5
graphics-8
online play-1 horrible just plain horrible
gear-4

I would buy it but don't expect much I am ready for ghtp 2. And really when is some one going to make me a paintball game that has all the actual gear and rates the gear accordingly come one make a paintball game and put a little more effort into it.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:20 AM #94
Proto21
Love From The Snake

if you play games you know they release patches, and that is getting bigger and bigger pushing unpolished games with the ability to fix them in a month or so with a few patches. if enough voices are heard they will fix the issues. call the company send them e-mails. Dont complain to gamestop because they dont care and it doesnt help the dev team make better games.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:22 AM #95
pbLanzy
Triple Stacked

pbLanzy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbLanzy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
pbLanzy supports DLX Technology
this game
Old 12-01-2008, 01:25 AM #96
Proto21
Love From The Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLballer007 View Post
And really when is some one going to make me a paintball game that has all the actual gear and rates the gear accordingly come one make a paintball game and put a little more effort into it.
when a real dev team gets paid to make one, and the company that makes it is either EA, or Bungie since EA owns everyone besides them and Microsoft that makes decent fps
Old 12-01-2008, 01:50 PM #97
sh0rt
Gotchaschie▀gewehrbesitza

sh0rt is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
sh0rt donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto21 View Post
if enough voices are heard they will fix the issues. call the company send them e-mails.
http://www.funlabs.com/contact/contact.html
Old 12-01-2008, 01:57 PM #98
little_pballer

i can upload a video if you guys want me to

NURV
NAUGHTY DOGS SILVER
FIERCE
UPRISING
Old 12-01-2008, 02:10 PM #99
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLballer007 View Post
Instead of making a new thread I will just post my personal review of this game in here, I have though asked a mod to add the game to the review section I do believe it should be added there, but with that said here I go....

I knew walking into this game that I would not be getting something the qaulity of halo or cod4 so with that said I at least expected something simular to or better than ghtp maxxed. So I put the game in and start playing I go directly to career mode and start it up. They give me players to select from and I choose one then from there they ask to chose a team name. This is one of my problems with the game, if i want my team name to be the Staton Island Fairies then thats what I want my team name to be I don't want to be given a bunch of team names to choose from.

Graphics in the game, like I said before not expecting anything special, where overall decent. The problem that I have with the graphics is that seeing of the other players. Particullarly off the break you can see the paintballs flying but you cant see where they are coming from. But overall the game looks very good.

Controls, nothing new here they are very simular to ghtp.

Game Play, ok this is where my real problem with the game is. I also got it for the wii and it is really fun playing it with the wii little bit of getting used to but fun. Like I said before you can't see the players off the break. You can barley see them even behind bunkers. Ok I have a 52 toshiba 1080p hd tv i can see every thing on cod4. In the training drills I could barrly see the people I am supposed to shoot. I am not blind I am not dumb, I had a diffcult time actually seeing the other team I was playing against. Yet though I can make the 50 in less than 2 seconds there is no one in this world that can run 30 yards/ 90 feet in less than 2 seconds you have to be kidding me. If there is anyone that reads this and they can run a flat out 3.0 30 then we need to talk because I will repesent you as an agent most agents want 10% I want 5%. I played football and wrestled in college I am fast I can make the corner at 15 bps there is no way in hell I make the 50 in less than 2 seconds. To get back on track, I can barrley see the other players across the feild. It gets to be upsetting, when you are in the the d50 and can see a person in the snake. For me this kinda ruins that game. But I will say that the biggest improvement from ghtp is the ai/your team play. They acctually have your team shooting people out. From ghtp I remeber that your team is never shoots anyone out. So that is an improvement. So i cant see any one but yet I still shoot them out. The other issue is that when you go to bunker someone they some how run circles around the bunker and then your team can't shoot them. I still have not bunkered someone out. Its stuiped.

Random stuff, I you have dye shoes, a dye gun, dye googles, but no dye jersey or pants. The halo sucks so does the every loader but the vlocity. The best guns in the game seem to be all Bob Long guns. I don't mind that but don't rate the gd dm8 so f*ing low. The other thing is make the shooting of the gun at least in ghtp you could do shoot with one fingure and it was fine.

So my rating of this game out of 10 is

4.5 out of 10

game play-5
graphics-8
online play-1 horrible just plain horrible
gear-4

I would buy it but don't expect much I am ready for ghtp 2. And really when is some one going to make me a paintball game that has all the actual gear and rates the gear accordingly come one make a paintball game and put a little more effort into it.
I will add that to the first post of the thread. Good review.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:52 PM #100
uniquenewyork6715
Rapin' Js all day

pretty accurate review id say. ****ing online is so bad, id rather just kill my self than play. and I don't get why its only single player that is so ****ing retarded.

"Originally posted by jakesak:
By all means, offer something that is dumb. I will simply make fun of either: Your mother, your intelligence, the size of your penis, your past threads, your username, your real name, or all of these in a deadly combination of slander.
"
Old 12-01-2008, 03:10 PM #101
fattyMcCheese36
I'm not fat.

fattyMcCheese36 is a Paintball photographer
If you're good at online it's actually pretty fun. Most of the top GB teams on there put up some good matches and they're really fun because no one sucks. There's not lag when you're doing 5v5 or 4v4 either. I really don't get why people hate online so much, it's just because they go into a 7v7 with a ****ty host connection and call the whole online bad.

Use my karmaloop rep code for 20% off : ZD43513
UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS

Old 12-01-2008, 03:13 PM #102
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyMcCheese36 View Post
If you're good at online it's actually pretty fun. Most of the top GB teams on there put up some good matches and they're really fun because no one sucks. There's not lag when you're doing 5v5 or 4v4 either. I really don't get why people hate online so much, it's just because they go into a 7v7 with a ****ty host connection and call the whole online bad.
Or it's bad because there is no lobby.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:34 PM #103
SkInNyB
B GATES

Annual Supporting Member
SkInNyB is a Supporting Member
SkInNyB plays in the USPL
SkInNyB plays in the PSP
SkInNyB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SkInNyB plays in the APPA D3 division
yea the online is HORRIBLE but its still a paintball game so i somewhat like it but ghtp will be somthing i am looking forward to
FREE AGENT

R.I.P. CPL Zach Nordmeyer, Jordan Bowles
FBC
Old 12-01-2008, 04:31 PM #104
fattyMcCheese36
I'm not fat.

fattyMcCheese36 is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRoNiQ View Post
Or it's bad because there is no lobby.
Yeah, that does suck. I just get a xbl party and someone starts another room, goes to party and hits "invite all to game". 10-15 seconds later, everyone is in and ready to go for another best of 9 or whatever. And if you are playing ranked, it takes like another 20 or so seconds to get a full room of 4's or 5's. I'm not an impatient ****, so it really doesn't bother me as I find the game enjoyable.

Use my karmaloop rep code for 20% off : ZD43513
UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS

Old 12-01-2008, 04:32 PM #105
a pb baller 2
FSP

you guys ***** to much i think its fine
only bad part
the party kick out rejion crap other than that
i like alot id give 8.5-9/10
it is better then maxed just different try playing an getting used to it before *****ing about it