Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-28-2008, 01:54 AM #64
losangelesrep

losangelesrep supports Cereal Killerz 2
lol has anyone ever realized that me and ironiq are trying to do a public service my deterring you away from this sad excuse for a game? This game is barely an improvement over Splat Mag's Renegade Paintball, which was the worst game i have ever played in my entire life. I think it's utterly hilarious how ppl come in here and say "stop hating" when this is ironiq's review. I was tempted to do a similar review, but just decided to piggyback on ironiq's.

Ironiq-I might just return the game and get store credit and save up for something worth it.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-28-2008, 02:03 AM #65
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by losangelesrep View Post
lol has anyone ever realized that me and ironiq are trying to do a public service my deterring you away from this sad excuse for a game? This game is barely an improvement over Splat Mag's Renegade Paintball, which was the worst game i have ever played in my entire life. I think it's utterly hilarious how ppl come in here and say "stop hating" when this is ironiq's review. I was tempted to do a similar review, but just decided to piggyback on ironiq's.

Ironiq-I might just return the game and get store credit and save up for something worth it.
Haha yeah I know. I know that I've save a few people some cash locally and a few others on this site. I was lucky to get my cash back but either way it's $50 for something else.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:46 AM #66
ShOrTBu2
**ShOrTBuS**

ShOrTBu2 plays in the APPA D5 division
pretty damn glad i read all of this before going to buy it..
Old 11-28-2008, 03:54 AM #67
Sochasky
Brickhouse???

I'm still going to buy this regardless of what people say, just because i've played so much GHTP i need a change. And it helps i just won $50 on VLT's tonight, and bought a zune which had a major pricing error and im selling it for mad profit...

I have played it at a friends though, and yes no lobby is dumb, but what was sooo stupid was you can't move while staying snapped, or at least it wasn't for me...I had to re-snap everytime i moved. That was dumb.

If i were to buy a really good game right now, that would take me away from my studying for finals, however if i buy a mediocre game at best, i will get tired of it and put forth some serious studying haha.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:36 AM #68
bulzeye

bulzeye is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
bulzeye donated to help Peyton Trent
bulzeye supports Team VICIOUS
bulzeye is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
i don't mind the online play if you have 4 on 4 or 5 on 5, anything over that nad you are laggy as ****.

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback
Old 11-28-2008, 09:24 AM #69
MCK2k8MFr

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappshoota View Post
Yea.. Tell me about it I have a business and family to run, paintball isnt in my vocabulary anymore...

Youll learn once life hits you in the face.
Then why the hell are you even a member here, you contribute nothing, and are trying to start arguements with people who are giving their opinions on a video game, a ****ty one at that! You claim to run a business and a family, I'll bet you're 14yrs old, live under mommy and daddys roof, and talk tough on the intrawebz because it comepensates for your inability to socialize outside your gi joe toy community.
Chris Cole F'ing Squid Fan #1
Old 11-28-2008, 12:21 PM #70
Sochasky
Brickhouse???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCK2k8MFr View Post
Then why the hell are you even a member here, you contribute nothing, and are trying to start arguements with people who are giving their opinions on a video game, a ****ty one at that! You claim to run a business and a family, I'll bet you're 14yrs old, live under mommy and daddys roof, and talk tough on the intrawebz because it comepensates for your inability to socialize outside your gi joe toy community.
I'm not trying to start an argument. Just out of curiosity, you say he contributes nothing, what exactly do YOU contribute? Everyone is entitled to come read and post on PBNation.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:26 PM #71
snappshoota
Shutup... Now

Um first of all.

What have you contributed, You just randomly come out of left field and start running your mouth.. As you could see we where done and over with it.

And Im pretty positive Ive contributed more helpful info on this entire forum than you have.

How much money you willing to put down on that bet? Id hate to take your monthly allowance.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:25 PM #72
DarkEnigma
In Silence We Are Free

DarkEnigma donated to help Peyton Trent
DarkEnigma supports our troops
DarkEnigma is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Doesn't even have multiplayer so me and my bro could play without using xbox live... Weak.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:48 PM #73
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEnigma View Post
Doesn't even have multiplayer so me and my bro could play without using xbox live... Weak.
Yeah that's definitely another turn off.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:52 PM #74
fattyMcCheese36
I'm not fat.

fattyMcCheese36 is a Paintball photographer
I really like the way how ghtp did exhibition mode, if they had that it would be a ton better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRoNiQ View Post
Sorry I'd rather spend it on real paintball. Some of us don't play D3 or local tournaments.
Sorry, I'm confused. What are you implying by this post?

Use my karmaloop rep code for 20% off : ZD43513
UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS

Old 11-28-2008, 03:51 PM #75
burtonk1d319

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyfatsacks View Post
its still the best pball video game so far... from the back and mid i cant see jack
and why the eff cant i just play with whatever gun/gear i want?i cant do that in real life, wtf
Wrong,Digital Paintball is by far the best paintball game ive ever played.. Too bad there is no more

Redlining is pointless... you just lose all your power anyway..
Old 11-28-2008, 04:18 PM #76
D.Berry15
Future Soldier

I like the game All in all yea this game has some weak points but imo It was a $50 well spent. Like one other poster said "I have played so much GHTP I need a change" Honestly it is a good game IMO.

I would like to say thank you OP for taking time out of your day to write a review but I would like to make one of my own

Pros:

1.)Kick *** Graphics
2.)Nice Gear/Gun Selection
3.)Field Layouts Are ****ing sick (IMO)
4.)Ramping Feature
5.)Full Auto Feature
6.)Bunkers Divet when you shoot them
7.)You can actually get bounces determined on your pant/jersey selection.
8.)High Detail on gun movement when you shoot them.
9.)You actually have to aim rather than spraying and praying (Like in GHTP)

10.) Sliding is honestly very very realistic and very helpful

N/A:
Snap Shooting (it is kind of lame but at the same time if used correctly is pretty useful

Diving into snake (I dont bounce like a basketball when I superman but at the same time once again it is pretty useful)

Cons:
Opponent AI is not the best
The guns chop to much (Paintball Markers dont chop that bad)
Aiming Reticule is some what annoying
I never knew shockers were more air efficient than ego's

Like stated every game has its strong points and weak points, IMHO If you actually sit down and think about it GHTP Max'd for the PS2 is a P.O.S compared to the game but we all put up with it because at the time before this game came out it was the only somewhat decent paintball game.

In conclusion: Not trying to offend the OP but for the people that read his review I suggest you read mine and then make a fair decision, Dont just make a vast decision based on one guys review. I suggest people who are whether or not to get this game. Read his review, read mine, and read any others that you might find here on the nation and if at all possible try to play it for at least a hour before you make your decision. It is a good game people just give it a chance I think you will like it to.

NOTE: I do not mean any disrespect to iRoNiQ I hope you dont take it that way.

-Darius Berry.

Last edited by D.Berry15 : 11-28-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:46 PM #77
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Berry15 View Post
NOTE: I do not mean any disrespect to iRoNiQ I hope you dont take it that way.
Not at all. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I buy games for online play, it's decent if you play it on career mode it's the online features or lack there of that really turn me away.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:47 PM #78
Baller4life696

you know what, i think this is a great game, there are pros and cons in every game. Plus this is the first NPPL game made so of course they will have mistakes. Just be thankful that they made us one and quit complaining about the mistakes they made.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:49 PM #79
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller4life696 View Post
you know what, i think this is a great game, there are pros and cons in every game. Plus this is the first NPPL game made so of course they will have mistakes. Just be thankful that they made us one and quit complaining about the mistakes they made.
You're always thankful for bad products? I'm glad I don't think that way...
Old 11-28-2008, 09:34 PM #80
losangelesrep

losangelesrep supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRoNiQ View Post
You're always thankful for bad products? I'm glad I don't think that way...
Old 11-28-2008, 09:39 PM #81
YouGotOwned

I rented it and played it at my friends house.

i dont like it much.

but i think im still going to end up buying it because it's a paintball game.
im starting to think that if nppl 09 was here before ghtp ever was, we would be celebrating the game. I think we're just all used to ghtp. :/
Old 11-28-2008, 10:04 PM #82
DarkEnigma
In Silence We Are Free

DarkEnigma donated to help Peyton Trent
DarkEnigma supports our troops
DarkEnigma is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
The new GHTP will probably be much better.

It seems like this was made out of impulse because there were many people who wanted a new paintball game.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:18 PM #83
Baller4life696

agreed

Old 11-28-2008, 11:19 PM #84
Baller4life696

i still like it though