Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-27-2008, 01:58 AM #43
paintball_kidz

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotOwned View Post
lol they will....

you can get it and return it.... they wouldn't give you the least bit of trouble if it's unopened.

Alright, Tomrrow when i go pick it up I'm guna return it and get like COD5.
Advertisement
Old 11-27-2008, 01:59 AM #44
YouGotOwned

i was about to say it's thanksgiving, but i you guys celebrate it like a month before us?
Old 11-27-2008, 02:00 AM #45
paintball_kidz

yup
Old 11-27-2008, 01:15 PM #46
losangelesrep

losangelesrep supports Cereal Killerz 2
hey just curious how'd you get the 50 buck back? Did you get cash or just gamestop credit? This game seriously sucks tho not gonna lie. Greg hastings was pretty brutal as well
Old 11-27-2008, 01:38 PM #47
Braz

I like this game a lot. You guys have to accept change. This IS the best paintball game out. Its either accept it and play it, or dont play a paintball game at all. I was having no problems online yesterday. You might so "why don't you go play real paintball?" Well, I live in Chicago and it is probably 30 degres outside today, and the indoor field by me is expensive and crappy. Thats why we play these games.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:41 PM #48
snappshoota
Shutup... Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braz View Post
I like this game a lot. You guys have to accept change. This IS the best paintball game out. Its either accept it and play it, or dont play a paintball game at all. I was having no problems online yesterday. You might so "why don't you go play real paintball?" Well, I live in Chicago and it is probably 30 degres outside today, and the indoor field by me is expensive and crappy. Thats why we play these games.
Seriously dont waste your time trying to explain to people on these forums.. Save yourself the hassle and time and keep on enjoying the game.. And let the haters hate.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:49 PM #49
losangelesrep

losangelesrep supports Cereal Killerz 2
Change? You mean for the worst? Let me tell you some of the many many reasons this game is terrible. Ign gave this game a 4.9/10 and I completely agree.

1. The snapshooting mechanic and animation is completely off. The gun centers between your eyes when that's how you should be holding it the entire time. Snapping up out of a bunker looks horrendous. If Rambo had an rpg and decided to stick it above a bunker, that's what it would look like
2. The snake play-when you "snap" up you can't even see past the beams, so now you have to proceed to crouching where you will get a fat lane towards your face.
3. The gear. The stuff looks terrible. Nobody wears visors w/ i3 pros unless you are billy wing or it's raining. The guns are ok, but why do you unlock crappier guns when you unlock the Russian legion marq in three or less tourneys?
4. Leveling up. I max'd out my character and bought one of the best guns w/in three tourneys. All you have to do is buy points with your credits. Clearly, it is unbalanced.
5. Diving. It works well overall, but every now and then when you want to make that key dive, it makes you slide instead even if you're sprinting. The mechanic is obviously based on whether you point your reticule at a bunker or not. Everyone who plays in real life knows you don't dive directly INTO a bunker.

There's more but I gotta go. Yes, I am a hater of this game. How could you not be when you spent 50 bucks on it?
Old 11-27-2008, 02:18 PM #50
Braz

my only complaint is jumping 10 feet in the air... LOL. I lol'd so hard when I was playing online and someone literally jumped as high as the X. I am just wondering... did the developers even play this game before they released it? lol
I give it an 8/10.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:21 PM #51
snappshoota
Shutup... Now

Dynasty did...... So talk to them..
Old 11-27-2008, 11:54 PM #52
MeatCurtains

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappshoota View Post
Seriously dont waste your time trying to explain to people on these forums.. Save yourself the hassle and time and keep on enjoying the game.. And let the haters hate.
Why is someone a hater for stating their opinion? I guess I'm one by your moronic logic then! This game is HORRIBLE and thats being too kind. The gameplay is cheesey, the overall mechanics as it relates to player and AI movement is just plain lame. I won't even get into the whole snapping and jumping, as it's really been covered quite well. This game, compared to Greg Hastings, is actually a step backwards, and I can only hope that they improve upon the Greg Hastings games as this one falls way short.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:56 PM #53
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by losangelesrep View Post
hey just curious how'd you get the 50 buck back? Did you get cash or just gamestop credit? This game seriously sucks tho not gonna lie. Greg hastings was pretty brutal as well
The assistant manager knew who I was and the disc looked brand new still so she didn't give me any hassle she just pretended it was a gift and I was returning it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by losangelesrep View Post
Change? You mean for the worst? Let me tell you some of the many many reasons this game is terrible. Ign gave this game a 4.9/10 and I completely agree.

1. The snapshooting mechanic and animation is completely off. The gun centers between your eyes when that's how you should be holding it the entire time. Snapping up out of a bunker looks horrendous. If Rambo had an rpg and decided to stick it above a bunker, that's what it would look like
2. The snake play-when you "snap" up you can't even see past the beams, so now you have to proceed to crouching where you will get a fat lane towards your face.
3. The gear. The stuff looks terrible. Nobody wears visors w/ i3 pros unless you are billy wing or it's raining. The guns are ok, but why do you unlock crappier guns when you unlock the Russian legion marq in three or less tourneys?
4. Leveling up. I max'd out my character and bought one of the best guns w/in three tourneys. All you have to do is buy points with your credits. Clearly, it is unbalanced.
5. Diving. It works well overall, but every now and then when you want to make that key dive, it makes you slide instead even if you're sprinting. The mechanic is obviously based on whether you point your reticule at a bunker or not. Everyone who plays in real life knows you don't dive directly INTO a bunker.

There's more but I gotta go. Yes, I am a hater of this game. How could you not be when you spent 50 bucks on it?
Good post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatCurtains View Post
Why is someone a hater for stating their opinion? I guess I'm one by your moronic logic then! This game is HORRIBLE and thats being too kind. The gameplay is cheesey, the overall mechanics as it relates to player and AI movement is just plain lame. I won't even get into the whole snapping and jumping, as it's really been covered quite well. This game, compared to Greg Hastings, is actually a step backwards, and I can only hope that they improve upon the Greg Hastings games as this one falls way short.
Agreed.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:14 AM #54
snappshoota
Shutup... Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatCurtains View Post

I mean seriously, DO I really have to do this?? I guess I shall. Here is the definition of a hater;

hater
One entry found.

Main Entry:
To hate
Function:
verb
Inflected Form(s):
hat·ed; hat·ing; hate
Date:
before 12th century

transitive verb
1 : to feel extreme enmity toward <hates his country's enemies>
2 : to have a strong aversion to : find very distasteful

Now from I just read that you posted along with everyone else, You all hate the game.. Keyword HATE.. Which in turn relates to being a HATER...

I mean some people may take offense to it but i personally dont give 2 ****s as this is america.

All I was stating was dont let the people that hate the game, make you second guess your self into hating the game to. And that also you weren't going to change their outlook on the game.. Plain and simple.

Or should I re word the post for you so you dont get your panties in a bunch?

Thanks.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:19 AM #55
iRoNiQ

Quote:
I mean seriously, DO I really have to do this?? I guess I shall. Here is the definition of a hater;

hater
One entry found.

Main Entry:
To hate
Function:
verb
Inflected Form(s):
hat·ed; hat·ing; hate
Date:
before 12th century

transitive verb
1 : to feel extreme enmity toward <hates his country's enemies>
2 : to have a strong aversion to : find very distasteful

Now from I just read that you posted along with everyone else, You all hate the game.. Keyword HATE.. Which in turn relates to being a HATER...

I mean some people may take offense to it but i personally dont give 2 ****s as this is america.

All I was stating was dont let the people that hate the game, make you second guess your self into hating the game to. And that also you weren't going to change their outlook on the game.. Plain and simple.

Or should I re word the post for you so you dont get your panties in a bunch?

Thanks.
I'm a hater. I hate this ****ty game, and I hate you. What does that make me?
Old 11-28-2008, 12:24 AM #56
snappshoota
Shutup... Now

Wow.. Congrats..

And personally I could give to ****s who likes me or hates me.. Ya know why.. It the internet..

Again Congrats on that award winning common sense ya have there.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:25 AM #57
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Wow.. Congrats..

And personally I could give to ****s who likes me or hates me.. Ya know why.. It the internet..

Again Congrats on that award winning come back.
Well what you said in return made you look handicapped, so I guess it was a good come back. Now run alone and enjoy this game that is oh-so-great and I'll see you when a real game comes out like the next GHTP. One where they actually have a ****ing lobby.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:32 AM #58
snappshoota
Shutup... Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRoNiQ View Post
Well what you said in return made you look handicapped, so I guess it was a good come back. Now run alone and enjoy this game that is oh-so-great and I'll see you when a real game comes out like the next GHTP. One where they actually have a ****ing lobby.
Yep like i posted in the gamebattles.com forum..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappshoota View Post
Alright Imma book mark this page after I type this, so after GHTP comes out and everyone *****es about it, I can quote myself and say I told ya so...

See how everyone is disappointed in NPPL. After All this hype you guys made up in your heads, Your gonna do the same damn thing for the new GHTP. Then watch when it comes out every single one of the people *****ing about NPPL is gonna find something to ***** about on GHTP..
Keep hyping games up and get let down by them...

Its ****ing lobby... Theres these things called updates..

Anyways im done arguing over the internet.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:33 AM #59
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Yep like i posted in the gamebattles.com forum..

Keep hyping games up and get let down by them...

Its ****ing lobby... Theres these things called updates..
Well while you wait on that update, I'll use my $50 for something else like 5 delicious Meal Deals at Subway with a footlong turkey sub, chips, and a drink.

You need not come back to this thread.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:34 AM #60
Carbon_Snake
KirbStomp

Carbon_Snake owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Carbon_Snake owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Carbon_Snake supports Team VICIOUS
Wow iRoNiQ stop being a prick, youve posted way to many times that you dislike this game with a passion and now your just being offensive how about you grow up and act like an adult.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:35 AM #61
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon_Snake View Post
Wow iRoNiQ stop being a prick, youve posted way to many times that you dislike this game with a passion and now your just being offensive how about you grow up and act like an adult.
I'm sorry but the last time I checked this is my review thread where I gave a legit review of the game and this little man wants to come in here and talk about it then he sure can but I'm not going to pretend like it's a great game. Go back under your rock.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:41 AM #62
iRoNiQ

Quote:
LMAO see thats the thing I dont have to worry about a measly 50 dollars... OH noes... I get these things called pay checks.. there pretty nice.. Ya know you get every week or 2 weeks in my case, go to the bank deposit em, and walk out knowing I have money in the bank...

Moneys made to be spent, and honestly theres plenty more where it comes from..
Sorry I'd rather spend it on real paintball. Some of us don't play D3 or local tournaments.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:42 AM #63
snappshoota
Shutup... Now

Yea.. Tell me about it I have a business and family to run, paintball isnt in my vocabulary anymore...

Youll learn once life hits you in the face.