Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-26-2008, 04:24 PM #1
iRoNiQ

NPPL CP 09 XBox 360 Review

Alright well here is my review of the game because I feel like others should know what they are getting into before they go spend $50.

First, I woke up this morning around 9:30 AM and called the Gamestop where I had this pre-ordered and they said it was not in yet because UPS did not drop off the shipment as of that time. I called again at 11:30 AM and UPS just dropped off the shipment so I drove down to pick it up. They went into the back and got me my copy, I paid, and I left.

I arrived home, posted on here, and went right to play. I put the disc in and went to the Dynasty Training Mode but I wanted to just play so I went online. When I got online I picked my gear and joined a game. Before the game ended one of my teammates called me and because we are opening a ReBall facility for winter and he wanted me to come shoot some of the ReBalls we are trying out and I brought the game over as well. We put it in to play against eachother and came to find that unless you're online, this is a single player only game. We were pretty disappointed but we dealt with it. Then, we had to play with a bunch of no-name teams against all of the Pro teams while we shot some terrible Spyder clones.

I went home and got back on Live where I would see how I really felt about the game. I joined a room, picked from some terrible gear that the host chose, and then had to wait for every single person to click the ready button. Once in the game, the graphics were great and the gameplay wasn't too bad. We played the game, it ended, and then went to the online screen not back to the lobby! Every single time you want to play you have to find a room, pick the gear, wait for everyone, play one game, and repeat. How annoying is that? Extremely. There are no private matches and the host cannot kick players out which means there cannot be clan matches. I don't understand how they could release a game with online play that bad especially now when all people do is play online. I'm very, very disappointed with this game.

I called Gamestop and brought it back so that I didn't just completely waste $50 that I could spend on something else like a real game, or real paintball.

Be careful before you buy this, it's a let down. The new GHTP is scheduled to come out sometime before Summer 09, I can't wait.

Here is another review from a different member of PbNation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLballer007 View Post
Instead of making a new thread I will just post my personal review of this game in here, I have though asked a mod to add the game to the review section I do believe it should be added there, but with that said here I go....

I knew walking into this game that I would not be getting something the qaulity of halo or cod4 so with that said I at least expected something simular to or better than ghtp maxxed. So I put the game in and start playing I go directly to career mode and start it up. They give me players to select from and I choose one then from there they ask to chose a team name. This is one of my problems with the game, if i want my team name to be the Staton Island Fairies then thats what I want my team name to be I don't want to be given a bunch of team names to choose from.

Graphics in the game, like I said before not expecting anything special, where overall decent. The problem that I have with the graphics is that seeing of the other players. Particullarly off the break you can see the paintballs flying but you cant see where they are coming from. But overall the game looks very good.

Controls, nothing new here they are very simular to ghtp.

Game Play, ok this is where my real problem with the game is. I also got it for the wii and it is really fun playing it with the wii little bit of getting used to but fun. Like I said before you can't see the players off the break. You can barley see them even behind bunkers. Ok I have a 52 toshiba 1080p hd tv i can see every thing on cod4. In the training drills I could barrly see the people I am supposed to shoot. I am not blind I am not dumb, I had a diffcult time actually seeing the other team I was playing against. Yet though I can make the 50 in less than 2 seconds there is no one in this world that can run 30 yards/ 90 feet in less than 2 seconds you have to be kidding me. If there is anyone that reads this and they can run a flat out 3.0 30 then we need to talk because I will repesent you as an agent most agents want 10% I want 5%. I played football and wrestled in college I am fast I can make the corner at 15 bps there is no way in hell I make the 50 in less than 2 seconds. To get back on track, I can barrley see the other players across the feild. It gets to be upsetting, when you are in the the d50 and can see a person in the snake. For me this kinda ruins that game. But I will say that the biggest improvement from ghtp is the ai/your team play. They acctually have your team shooting people out. From ghtp I remeber that your team is never shoots anyone out. So that is an improvement. So i cant see any one but yet I still shoot them out. The other issue is that when you go to bunker someone they some how run circles around the bunker and then your team can't shoot them. I still have not bunkered someone out. Its stuiped.

Random stuff, I you have dye shoes, a dye gun, dye googles, but no dye jersey or pants. The halo sucks so does the every loader but the vlocity. The best guns in the game seem to be all Bob Long guns. I don't mind that but don't rate the gd dm8 so f*ing low. The other thing is make the shooting of the gun at least in ghtp you could do shoot with one fingure and it was fine.

So my rating of this game out of 10 is

4.5 out of 10

game play-5
graphics-8
online play-1 horrible just plain horrible
gear-4

I would buy it but don't expect much I am ready for ghtp 2. And really when is some one going to make me a paintball game that has all the actual gear and rates the gear accordingly come one make a paintball game and put a little more effort into it.

Last edited by iRoNiQ : 12-01-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2008, 04:28 PM #2
bkeen18

****ty deal
Old 11-26-2008, 04:29 PM #3
NB_Paintballer

Wow, that is ridiculous.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:50 PM #4
Cnoddings0364
**** Trolls

Cnoddings0364 plays in the PSP
Cnoddings0364 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cnoddings0364 plays in the APPA D3 division
Damn...
Old 11-26-2008, 05:18 PM #5
jlngbsb
Air Assault Action Hero

jlngbsb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jlngbsb has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Smile

So basically what your whole review says in just a few words is good graphics, not bad gameplay, and crappy party system on live?
Old 11-26-2008, 05:21 PM #6
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlngbsb View Post
So basically what your whole review says in just a few words is good graphics, not bad gameplay, and crappy party system on live?
I can't even describe to you how bad the XBox Live is on this game. It's just terrible.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:23 PM #7
jlngbsb
Air Assault Action Hero

jlngbsb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jlngbsb has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
But everything else is good?
Old 11-26-2008, 05:28 PM #8
Max S (Banned)
Jim

the game was so laggy online, I reloaded and my gun went upside down and poured the paintballs out of the hopper into my pod
Old 11-26-2008, 05:36 PM #9
fattyMcCheese36
I'm not fat.

fattyMcCheese36 is a Paintball photographer
The Live is pretty bad. I'd rather play GHTP Max'd online than this game. I am still playing the career mode and it's pretty entertaining... it takes some time to get used to, though.. a lot of time.

Use my karmaloop rep code for 20% off : ZD43513
UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS

Old 11-26-2008, 05:50 PM #10
abou1034 (Banned)

abou1034 plays in the PSP
abou1034 plays in the APPA D4 division
Im havimng a blast online and I actually love it....

I agree completely with you it is very anoying you get disconected and your gear is not saved..

but I am very happy with this game none the less
Old 11-26-2008, 05:56 PM #11
iRoNiQ

I'm glad I brought it back and got my $50 back. I'll wait for GHTP.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:12 PM #12
PeYToN-SS
dat fro

PeYToN-SS is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I didn't like it either
Old 11-26-2008, 06:51 PM #13
stk43ricky

yeaa, online sucks.

the career is alright, i just started to get good finally.

after i beat it, im prolly gonna sell it or trade it in, cuz there really is no point to keep it...
Old 11-26-2008, 07:10 PM #14
Pbk1d
Nor Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRoNiQ View Post
I'm glad I brought it back and got my $50 back. I'll wait for GHTP.
How did u do that? I wanna get a refund but I opened the thing already.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:52 PM #15
SUR3 S}{oT (Banned)
herp derp

The training is the only thing that has pissed me the **** off so far. I only have played a match on live though before I realized I need to learn the controls first.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:58 PM #16
NB_Paintballer

Should I ask for this game for Christmas for 360, or a different game, like Farcry 2?
Old 11-26-2008, 08:00 PM #17
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB_Paintballer View Post
Should I ask for this game for Christmas for 360, or a different game, like Farcry 2?
That's up to you. I wouldn't even have my parents waste money on this game.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:03 PM #18
daddyfatsacks
Daddyfatsacks

ok well i think every paintball game made so far sucks but as far as game play and movementthis is by far the best pball game yet. dont get it twisted, i still think its a waste of time to keep makin crappy pball games(even though we'll all still sell ourselves whenever they come out cuz we're pball sheep)when other shooter games r so dope?why cant a pball video game move like gears of war? or socom?or rainbow six? same motions and movements and yet every paintball game so far plays like mariokart. my bad for rambling butyeah they just got my 50$ too

New Jersey Devastation

zjpaintball RIP
Allstar Paintball
Paintball Authority

WAGE PEACE EVERYDAY!
Old 11-26-2008, 08:04 PM #19
steelrain82
death4rmabove

it seems like no matter what my team always wins and it on pro difficulty
Old 11-26-2008, 08:04 PM #20
daddyfatsacks
Daddyfatsacks

its still the best pball video game so far... from the back and mid i cant see jack
and why the eff cant i just play with whatever gun/gear i want?i cant do that in real life, wtf

New Jersey Devastation

zjpaintball RIP
Allstar Paintball
Paintball Authority

WAGE PEACE EVERYDAY!

Last edited by daddyfatsacks : 11-26-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:06 PM #21
steelrain82
death4rmabove

the ai on ghtp was better i thought