Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-10-2008, 09:38 AM #22
babsa_90

My favorite quote is from a book i read from the Ender's Game series. I'd seriously recommend the series because it is a good read and very thought-provoking.

"Our ends do not erase our beginnings."

The quote is significant to me because i, as well as many other people, wonder what the purpose of life is and question it's significance. I put this quote up as my senior quote and i had a lot of people telling me how profound it was and whatnot.
babsa_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2008, 12:45 AM #23
Mike.Sen
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goats_896 View Post
"Dort, wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man am Ende auch Menschen"

Roughly translated: "Where they burn books, they will ultimately also burn people".

Written before the Nazi Regime...predicted the holocaust essentially
That's actually pretty kick ***.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:11 AM #24
He's Ebeneezer Goode

has been a member for 10 years
Never pawned my watch and chain
To the landlord living inside my head
Never paid my rent till the lights went dead

Beck
Old 12-12-2008, 10:42 AM #25
1954 Les Paul

Chuck palahniuk quotes.

“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.”

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.”

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.”

“Maybe we have to break everything to make something better out of ourselves.”

“If you don’t know what you want, you end up with a lot you don’t”

“Game shows are designed to make us feel better about the random, useless facts that are all we have left of our education”

“It's funny how you never think about the women you've had. It's always the ones who get away that you can't forget.”

Canada is fake

I ate the ate the great VLN mushroom.
"Originally posted by Egoowner42:OP of my-brute tragedy
Ron Paul 23 yr old drug addict loser
Barry Badrinath did his cousin
1954 Les Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:24 AM #26
maddog91
I hate this name

maddog91 donated to help Peyton Trent
"things that hurt,instruct"
benjamin franklin
Old 12-15-2008, 05:21 PM #27
JoKeRmAn3943

“There are historic situations in which refusal to defend the inheritance of a civilization, however imperfect, against tyranny and aggression may result in consequences even worse than war”
-Reinhold Niebuhr
JoKeRmAn3943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:19 AM #28
PB_SEAN
By popular demand

Alan Moore(Author of V For Vendetta, From Hell, Watchmen, and much more)
"Sexually progressive cultures gave us mathematics, literature, philosophy, civilization and the rest, while sexually restrictive cultures gave us the Dark Ages and the Holocaust. Not that I’m trying to load my argument, of course."
Old 12-21-2008, 04:56 PM #29
Sunshine86
Equality 7-2521

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war while defeated warriors go to war and then seek to win." Sun-tzu
Sunshine86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:38 PM #30
Forestballa

Only after disaster can we be resurrected(the narrator in Fight Club)

Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off. (Tyler Durden)- Chuck Palanhuik

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything- Narrator in Fight Club- Chuck Palanhuik

Fight Club is full of the memorable quotes.
Forestballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:43 PM #31
Sanguinary
I fapped to your post.

Sanguinary has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Sanguinary has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Sanguinary has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Sanguinary has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Anything by John Wayne or Patton

“A man ought to do what he thinks is right”
John Wayne

and a quote for ST:
“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
John Wayne
Only person to ever have a 10,000th post
Sanguinary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:58 AM #32
Walter Kovacs

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
-John Stuart Mill

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something sometime in your life.
-Winston Churchill

I don't believe in an eye for an eye. I believe in two eyes for an eye.
-Bas Rutten
Walter Kovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:27 AM #33
Jack of Blades 2 (Banned)
Who speaks for Earth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Kovacs View Post

I don't believe in an eye for an eye. I believe in two eyes for an eye.
-Bas Rutten
"An eye for an eye makes the world go blind" - Gandhi
Jack of Blades 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:01 PM #34
Genre
I just want to be free.

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."
-Ayn Rand

"Unless we can make the philosophic foundations of a free society once more a living intellectual issue, and its implementation a task which challenges the ingenuity and imagination of our liveliest minds, the prospects of freedom are indeed dark. But if we can regain that belief in power of ideas which was the mark of liberalism at its best, the battle is not lost." - F. A. Hayek

Reason
Genre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:31 AM #35
sneakysniper581
Norestnomercynomatterwhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by goats_896 View Post
"Dort, wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man am Ende auch Menschen"

Roughly translated: "Where they burn books, they will ultimately also burn people".

Written before the Nazi Regime...predicted the holocaust essentially "Christianity - and that is its greatest merit - has somewhat mitigated that brutal German love of war, but it could not destroy it. Should that subduing talisman, the cross, be shattered, the frenzied madness of the ancient warriors, that insane Berserk rage of which Nordic bards have spoken and sung so often, will once more burst into flame. This talisman is fragile, and the day will come when it will collapse miserably. Then the ancient stony gods will rise from the forgotten debris and rub the dust of a thousand years from their eyes, and finally Thor with his giant hammer will jump up and smash the Gothic cathedrals. (...)
Do not smile at my advice -- the advice of a dreamer who warns you against Kantians, Fichteans, and philosophers of nature. Do not smile at the visionary who anticipates the same revolution in the realm of the visible as has taken place in the spiritual. Thought precedes action as lightning precedes thunder. German thunder is of true Germanic character; it is not very nimble, but rumbles along ponderously. Yet, it will come and when you hear a crashing such as never before has been heard in the world's history, then you know that the German thunderbolt has fallen at last. At that uproar the eagles of the air will drop dead, and lions in the remotest deserts of Africa will hide in their royal dens. A play will be performed in Germany which will make the French Revolution look like an innocent idyll." --both from Heine

"The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today... is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is simply what an unbelieving world finds unbelievable"
--Brennan Manning
well translated

my favorite would be the one in my sig, but there was another one i read somwhere

"You can spend your whole life wondering and remeniscing, wanting to just stop time to reflect on your life, your wrongs and rights and whatifs and whatnots. This is an inevitable human trait. But, my adivce to you know is to live your life to the fullest now, while you still can, and when you are 70 years old in a retirement home, at least you'll have something to do."
And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
|In nomine Patri|Et Fili|Spiritus Sancti|
AMEN
sneakysniper581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:15 PM #36
dead_milkman
Manhattan Project

To add to the Palahniuk quotes:
"Put a gun to my head and paint the walls with my brain." - Fight Club

"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. the mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature." - Abraham Lincoln

These were the decisions you said you could handle,
This was the moment you said you were ready for,
So the unexpected doesn't appease me.
dead_milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:24 PM #37
bluten13

"Through the ignorance of others the smart must suffer."

"The history of liberty is a history of resistance."
bluten13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:43 PM #38
holycheezit
I'm Vicious, Bro

holycheezit supports Team VICIOUS
last words are for fools who haven't said enough -marx
Old 01-26-2009, 01:37 PM #39
yoosuckysucky<------
ORIGINAL 2K6'r

Once you pop, you can't stop.
Brooke Michelle Allen (February 5th, 2009)
Forever in MY heart.
yoosuckysucky<------ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:14 PM #40
holycheezit
I'm Vicious, Bro

holycheezit supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Sen View Post
I read that one on a zippo engraved by a Vietnam GI, but didn't know it was Patton. Now I'mma look that up, nice to see an author for a change on that one.
I carved that into one of my zippos
Old 01-26-2009, 08:57 PM #41
gyro09

"I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you're only going to kill a man." - Ernesto Che Guevara
gyro09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:44 PM #42
wdelerium
Shibby

"'we are all going,' McKinley said to his wife, and we sure are. Theres your labyrinth of suffering. We are all going. Find your way out of that maze." -John Green, looking for alaska

"This is how fast your life can turn around. How the future you have tomorrow wont be the same future you had yesterday." -Chuck Palahniuk, Rant

"Some people are just born human. The rest of us, we take a lifetime to get there." -Chuck Palahniuk, Rant

"You can get plenty of folks telling the same lie if they got a stake in it. You get everybody telling the same lie and it ain't a lie, not no more." -Chuck Palahniuk, Rant

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." -Nietzsche

"May I never experience all that it is possible to get used to" -Julia Alvarez, In the time of the Butterflies

"Humiliation is only humiliation when you choose to suffer" -Chuck Palahniuk, Choke
"Originally posted by Lucidus: I crack car and bike jokes around the girls family and friends, but she always shoots me that, "my parents don't get the reference, stop laughing you jackass" stare and my laughing kind of fades off."
wdelerium is offline   Reply With Quote