Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-23-2008, 05:22 PM #1
Fucci60

Aweful

I just wanted to let any potential buyers of this game know that they definitely should reconsider. The game is a huge step back from even the first Greg Hastings. The graphics are most likely the only good part of this game.
The aiming is shaky at best. The running and diving are annoying. You have to hold the button to run, you cant turn at all and end up running into bunkers, and the dive button is the same as jump for some un-godly reason. This ends up in you either making a shaky knee slide half into the bunker, or a jump right over it. You cant snap up and down, so your either standing in the open or going way out of your way to shoot down snake. It doesn't give you the feel of actually playing the bunker like Greg Hastings did, its more like theirs just some big things in your way. Lastly, apparently it is impossible to shoot people while their running. I have had people run right through huge lanes of paint on their way to grabbing my flag, even with 4 of my guys still left. I get shot, he runs through, I lose the game with half a team left. From the moment I put this game in I was pissed off and upset that I just paid 50 bux for it.
In fact the entire game doesn't even feel like a paintball game, it feels like a terribly made war game, where you just run around shooting aimlessly.
I know people are entitled to their own opinions, and this is mine. Don't buy this game, go buy a used copy of Greg Hastings and feel like your actually playing a game of paintball. This is by far the most frustrating game I have ever played.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2008, 05:24 PM #2
iRoNiQ

Cool man. We'll try it ourselves and then decide what we want to do.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:26 PM #3
RLpaintball45
Andy Massar

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRoNiQ View Post
Cool man. We'll try it ourselves and then decide what we want to do.
well said.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:26 PM #4
nabbiker3
stupidly stupid

Annual Supporting Member
well considering you spelt awful wrong your opinion doesnt matter
Freestyle 8 and Promaster for Sale!

"Originally posted by ride4life: woooo 1000 e-points to nabbiker3!!!!!!!!!!!"
Old 11-23-2008, 05:29 PM #5
Max S (Banned)

kbye.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:29 PM #6
dude127
I like to win

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabbiker3 View Post
well considering you spelt awful wrong your opinion doesnt matter
Old 11-23-2008, 05:39 PM #7
sum41kr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fucci60 View Post
The aiming is shaky at best. The running and diving are annoying. You have to hold the button to run, you cant turn at all and end up running into bunkers, and the dive button is the same as jump for some un-godly reason. This ends up in you either making a shaky knee slide half into the bunker, or a jump right over it.
Can anyone really sprint and make sharp turns. Like seriously you never see a kid run full sprint towards one bunker and then make a turn into another. Also ( I may Be wrong) Isnt Dive and Jump in GHTP Maxed for PS2 the same button?
Old 11-23-2008, 05:50 PM #8
snappshoota
Shutup... Now

has been a member for 10 years
You know what.. I dont think you played it cuase you have no clue..

You can snap up and down

I can turn with no problem, Havent ran into a bunker yet due to turning and sprinting

Ever heard of snapping left or right to shoot down the snake?

Never had one problem with a slide turning into a jump... Normally I am about 10 feet from the bunker when i begin to slide...

I feel like I play a bunker everytime i get behind one.

Uh GHTP you cant Sprint and gun.. GHTP must suck too HUH?

Never had an oppent run down the field and shoot me then grab the flag... You know why? I know how to pay attention whats goin on, on the field.

How long have you played it? 20 mins? Play about 4 hours and get used to the controls, and the feel of the game. Then you have the right to *****.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:53 PM #9
RLpaintball45
Andy Massar

Quote:
I just wanted to let any potential buyers of this game know that they definitely should reconsider. The game is a huge step back from even the first Greg Hastings. The graphics are most likely the only good part of this game.
The aiming is shaky at best. The running and diving are annoying. You have to hold the button to run, you cant turn at all and end up running into bunkers, and the dive button is the same as jump for some un-godly reason. This ends up in you either making a shaky knee slide half into the bunker, or a jump right over it. You cant snap up and down, so your either standing in the open or going way out of your way to shoot down snake. It doesn't give you the feel of actually playing the bunker like Greg Hastings did, its more like theirs just some big things in your way. Lastly, apparently it is impossible to shoot people while their running. I have had people run right through huge lanes of paint on their way to grabbing my flag, even with 4 of my guys still left. I get shot, he runs through, I lose the game with half a team left. From the moment I put this game in I was pissed off and upset that I just paid 50 bux for it.
In fact the entire game doesn't even feel like a paintball game, it feels like a terribly made war game, where you just run around shooting aimlessly.
I know people are entitled to their own opinions, and this is mine. Don't buy this game, go buy a used copy of Greg Hastings and feel like your actually playing a game of paintball. This is by far the most frustrating game I have ever played.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snappshoota View Post

You can snap up and down

I can turn with no problem, Havent ran into a bunker yet due to turning and sprinting

Never had one problem with a slide turning into a jump... Normally I am about 10 feet from the bunker when i begin to slide...

Never had an oppent run down the field and shoot me then grab the flag... You know why? I know how to pay attention whats goin on, on the field.

How long have you played it? 20 mins? Play about 4 hours and get used to the controls, and the feel of the game. Then you have the right to *****.

Well OP, you just got owned.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:54 PM #10
Darktard

haha yet another thread saying how bad this game is. Can nobody be happy that its a paintball game none the less? Thats just what i think
Old 11-23-2008, 05:56 PM #11
ycpb

ycpb plays in the PSP
ycpb supports Cereal Killerz 2
ycpb supports our troops
yea thats what i say pb pb pb

HOUSTON ZONE

Last edited by ycpb : 11-23-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:58 PM #12
Ic0nicLancer
Who Cares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappshoota View Post

You can snap up and down

Wow, someone has sand in their vagina.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:04 PM #13
snappshoota
Shutup... Now

Wow, I think someones a immature adolescence just like the OP.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:08 PM #14
kacey

owned much lol
+5/-0
Support Pump, And wear our paint
UNKNOWN:Congratulations, You can miss me 25 times a second.
fuelpb-Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them
Old 11-24-2008, 08:36 PM #15
asylum11
Dm6 Part's Whore

Annual Supporting Member
asylum11 supports Cereal Killerz 2
asylum11 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darktard View Post
haha yet another thread saying how bad this game is. Can nobody be happy that its a paintball game none the less? Thats just what i think
People could open this game up and a freakin DM9 could magicly pop out into their laps and they would STILL find a reason to comlpain

Paintball, my antidrug. Because when you're addicted to paintball there's no way you can afford drugs

PBN Feedback #1 +65/-0

"Originally posted by TheColiseum71: The Etek is a much better gun that the Protege. It has a better asa, it comes in a better case, and it has three LED lights, as opposed to one."
"Sometimes, i will get a bag of cheeseburgers and sit down in here and just whack off all day long, even eat them at the same time!!...Hey!...don't you judge me"--Rob Riggle "Blackballed the Movie"
Old 11-24-2008, 08:46 PM #16
NmoneyT
I want to play Xball

Its a video game, get over it if its bad. Your the moron for spending 50 bucks and not seeing if it was good it or not beforehand. Stop creating Gypsy tears.

Vlocity for trade
SL74
PM6
Old 11-24-2008, 08:52 PM #17
pickle genecide
Barkstarr

haha wats with u and gypsy's
Old 11-25-2008, 09:41 AM #18
Luigi Speed 05
PBN made me a gun whore..

Luigi Speed 05 plays in the PSP
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Luigi Speed 05 supports DLX Technology
well, the game is far from perfect, but it's a lot of fun... and I haven't even tried it online yet, wanna beat it first... my main concern with it is that the matches in career mode are finished way too quickly, most matches are done at the 30 second mark. It might be fun for a bit, but it's not realistic and kinda gets old quickly... other than that, I keep on thinking how many kids were introduced to paintball by GHTP, which had it's share of problems, but at least the matches felt like paintball matches... if I never played paintball before I'd be like "why am I gonna spend any time or money on this sport if it's over that fast?" It's an ok game, actually the woodsball fields are more fun because they're bigger, matches last longer, you get a feel for what paintball is all about... I'm just worried how paintball, as a sport, is being portrayed to a new generation that's gonna be exposed to this game...

$outh Beach Pimp$ sponsored by: Planet Eclipse, SobePaintball, Deadly Wind, Ninja Paintball & The Ford Report

DaLuxeMob
Old 11-25-2008, 09:24 PM #19
NmoneyT
I want to play Xball

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle genecide View Post
haha wats with u and gypsy's
They are socool!!

Vlocity for trade
SL74
PM6
Old 11-25-2008, 09:31 PM #20
pickle genecide
Barkstarr

haha so tru
Old 11-25-2008, 09:44 PM #21
stk43ricky

Quote:

thank you for actually stating reasons why you think its terrible.

most people just put "it sucks dont buy it"