Old 11-11-2008, 04:22 PM #1
xPBxFREAKx
is aweome.

xPBxFREAKx plays in the PSP
xPBxFREAKx supports Team VICIOUS
xPBxFREAKx is an NCPA player
xPBxFREAKx plays in the APPA D5 division
communication drills?

ok guys. me and a few other people have quit our past teams and started our own super 7 team. we know what we are doing, and hold our own against many d2 teams, but we lack good communication skills.

can you guys help me with some drills based solely off of talking? some games our communication is great, and it really shows. but some games its bad, and we fall apart as a team.

thanks for the help guys.

PMGWC
xPBxFREAKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2008, 05:30 PM #2
alias223
GRAND THEFT SHOPPING CART

i'm horrible at explaining things but try to bare with me...

first, cut the field in half long ways to play on. (snake side or d side)

put one player on one side and 2 players on the other to play a normal 2 on 1.

now here's the catch, one player on the 2 man team does not have a gun... his goal is to communicate as much info abt the opposing player to his teammate as he can.

info such as... movement, left side of bunker/ right side, standing/ kneeling, everything...

the idea is for the gunless man to help his buddy to win the game by giving him info about the opposing player.

as you get better you can start adding more players to each side to make it more difficult
this drill builds good communication skills and teamwork.

thats abt it...
alias223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:35 PM #3
Mrpinky55
Remember Sankey First

Think once ive seen a team play one shot at a time and focus only on communication
Mrpinky55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:33 AM #4
WOOOOOOOOT
=)

Thanks guys.

Any other ideas yall can think of?
WOOOOOOOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:14 AM #5
R_ion
tang na mo

R_ion posts videos on PbNation
Its hard to drill comunications but if u tell your team to repeat what they hear many times they will eventually become normal.
And if your the back player at practice, when there is silence ask the players what they see and make sure u ask them by their name. and make sure they tell u something even if its i dont know. do it every time u are reloading. the more they are annoyed of ur questions the more they will start yelling bunkers so u dont have to ask them
Old 11-18-2008, 12:43 PM #6
asnsensation

The only thing you can really do is practice every week, get everyone on the same page and know exactly what their responsibilities are. Good communication is something that will/should just come with time.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:11 PM #7
Royale81
Often Licked Never Beaten

Royale81 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Royale81 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by alias223 View Post
i'm horrible at explaining things but try to bare with me...

first, cut the field in half long ways to play on. (snake side or d side)

put one player on one side and 2 players on the other to play a normal 2 on 1.

now here's the catch, one player on the 2 man team does not have a gun... his goal is to communicate as much info abt the opposing player to his teammate as he can.

info such as... movement, left side of bunker/ right side, standing/ kneeling, everything...

the idea is for the gunless man to help his buddy to win the game by giving him info about the opposing player.

as you get better you can start adding more players to each side to make it more difficult
this drill builds good communication skills and teamwork.

thats abt it...
We do something similar to this.

3 guys on one side, start in their bunkers already, usually at the first line of bunkers with a back left/right for cover.

These 3 players have markers, start in their bunkers already, but, before the whistle to start, have their backs turned and guns on the ground.

The other side consists of 4-5 players. All with no markers. At the whistle, the goal of the 4/5 man team is to make it to the 50 without getting shot. At the whistle, the 3 with guns pickup their markers from the ground, turn around and try to stop the 4/5 from making the 50.

The goal is for the 3 with markers to call positions, movements etc. The goal for the 4/5 withour markers is to move as a team. Make the calls when hot, and communicate to get the team moving forwards.
Royale81 is offline   Reply With Quote