Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-22-2008, 01:32 AM #22
bunkaking16

yea i would have to agree with the game not being very good. i seriously played a 7 man match and walked i didnt even sprint to the other side of the field and by the time i got the flag the team was already eliminated and i sprinted back game was over in seriously about 17 seconds. no joke. the other team plays sooooo stupid like 3 to a tombstone??? like seriously?? and they will all like try to run to one side of the field and they appear to all try to fit themselves into 1 or 2 bunkers. your team always destroys their team. if you try to make it to the snake off the break by the time you dive in the game could be over.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2008, 01:53 AM #23
PirateCaptain
Bang your head!

PirateCaptain has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I bought this for PS2 (to save $20 if the game was terrible).
PS2 graphics are alright, and overall I think it's a decent game.
But there's so much more that they could have put in, and I hope Greg puts in the new Hastings game.

Character creation. You can pick from a list of characters to play as (are those all real players? I saw Neil Eberle on the list), but I want to make ME and play as ME.

Colors. I want to be able to change the color of my marker, barrel, etc. I like how you can at least choose different jerseys.

Gameplay. It doesn't seem as smooth as GHTP. Running and shooting seems more difficult.

Mind you, I only got the game a few hours ago, and it's growing on me more and more as I play, but they seemed to make this game for the rec players that don't know too much other than their local rec fields (granted that is the largest chunk of the market).

My final rating, 7/10. Good game, great way to spend a few hours, but it's not something to write home about.
Proudly sponsored by The Vest Guy || Pinokio Hoppers || Stiffi Barrels || ANSGear.com || ChroniX Radio
Old 11-22-2008, 02:02 AM #24
Rockyboarder
So Long Gay boys....

Rockyboarder owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpntballer View Post
i love the fact that the starter of this thread is a 2k8'r
lulz

now you cant hate on the game for lag, b/c lag doesnt come from the servers from xbox live or playstation live...yeahhhh sure
and if the music sucks THATS AN OPINION! just b/c they didnt put your akon and T.I. in there doesnt mean u can hate the music.
"*Crowd Animation sucks (they do the same loop)"
umm why do u care about the outside of the field? if u were playing a tourney and u were creeping up snake side and u turn and notice some fans holding up the same sign over and over again i dont think u would give a sh!t.

so before you say **** about a game you prolly only played for 25 mins, actually consider some realistic possibilities.
I dunno man. You 2k7'rs aren't really wowwing me lately.

Game should be fine for 360. Looking forward to it.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:59 AM #25
Rithem

Rithem plays in the PSP
Rithem owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rithem supports Team VICIOUS
Rithem is an NCPA player
Pretty sure it'll be the same ported game from 360 to PS3. Gameplay shouldn't be different at all.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:32 AM #26
Ic0nicLancer
Who Cares?

Quote:
lulz

now you cant hate on the game for lag, b/c lag doesnt come from the servers from xbox live or playstation live...yeahhhh sure
and if the music sucks THATS AN OPINION! just b/c they didnt put your akon and T.I. in there doesnt mean u can hate the music.
umm why do u care about the outside of the field? if u were playing a tourney and u were creeping up snake side and u turn and notice some fans holding up the same sign over and over again i dont think u would give a sh!t.

so before you say **** about a game you prolly only played for 25 mins, actually consider some realistic possibilities.
Does it matter if he is a 2k8'r? and why type lulz? oh and good job avoiding the swear filter there champ.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:59 AM #27
pointblankpb10

pointblankpb10 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umi.AzmoudoHaiya! View Post
I like how u used a Join date as a dis talking about a video game..... Totally different things. its like saying someone is bad at soccer because they just started playing basketball.... What? Stfu and get out.
LOL

i agree. join date =/= video game experience
Rockport Rage #6
'08 MXL
Rockville Redemption #10
'09 MXL
Old 11-22-2008, 07:19 AM #28
snappshoota
Shutup... Now

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
No but the fact that theres only 6 songs, makes it a good reason to hate the music..

Heavy by B Lloyd
The Backstone by The comeback kid
Boat day at the Marina by Forensics
One by Shootyz Groove
Stand Up By Shootyz Groove
More Fire by Shootyz Groove

Thats the music list outta the manual.

Now it doesnt bother me because I stream my music from my pc, he had a valid point for the music..
Old 11-22-2008, 07:33 AM #29
surge101
Hayley?

surge101 supports Team VICIOUS
surge101 is for the Gunfight
surge101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
surge101 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rithem View Post
Pretty sure it'll be the same ported game from 360 to PS3. Gameplay shouldn't be different at all.
Since they actually made a wii version instead of just a ps3/360 version, im going to assume they are not all straight ports.... Since it takes much more effort to make a wii port or a wiimake as i call them, im going to assume each version has individual charecteristics to its own console...
Old 11-22-2008, 07:56 AM #30
Fiction
$$ Insert Saying Here $$

Fiction is a founding member
The game is pretty awful.

//joindate owned.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:12 AM #31
Lost492

Annual Supporting Member
Lost492 donated to help Peyton Trent
Lost492 helped look for balloons
Lost492 is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiction View Post
The game is pretty awful.

//joindate owned.
I love how this post was created by a 2k1r.

lulz.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:17 AM #32
CKBalla073
Darren Pence-Chaos Kids

Quote:
lulz

LMFAO!!! You, sir, just flamed that dude. If the music sucks and you have a 360, just rip a burnt cd with "your favorite" music on it and listen to that when you play and I'm happy I have a 360 too

CK

The Myspace
Old 11-22-2008, 09:45 AM #33
a1exweibl

a1exweibl helped look for balloons
a1exweibl owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
a1exweibl posts videos on PbNation
a1exweibl has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Yeah I put it on easy to start and u cant change back to like hard... kinda sucks I was gonna do that just to like get usedt to things.....
Old 11-22-2008, 10:13 AM #34
RhinoGBA5
RUFIO

RhinoGBA5 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RhinoGBA5 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
lulz

Ever herd of an opinion?

" Is it wrong to be strong?......... You be the judge"
Old 11-22-2008, 10:26 AM #35
portman1

Idk if its just me, but does anyone else get really bothered by the enormous GO!!!! symbol that pops up before the match and stays there for like 2-3 seconds almost like its giving the computer a chance to get somewhere without you knowing? haha
Old 11-22-2008, 10:33 AM #36
Scarface5555
Mod Podge

is the PS2 version gunna suck? cuz thats what i have
Ryan Williams fan #5
Cody Mickowski fan #32
"I got a super fast, non-breaking hopper this time so uh...lets go shoot somebody"~UKS
gotta say it, BL Marqs are sexy
lookin for 360 games? got a cf tank? pm me. lets talk
Old 11-22-2008, 01:01 PM #37
a pb baller 2
FSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etek or die View Post
I just think it's funny how you guys expect a paintball game to be close to the game we go out and play. There are too many factors that can go wrong. Paintball is unlike any other sport. There is a lot of science and math that has to go into it. Just chill out and play the game. If you don't like it then say you don't and move on. Stop flaming people. Grow up.
the best thig ive read in this thing yet,
kids ask to much when they have no clue how much work seriosuly goes into these games.

and with as little funding as they get for these games there amazing

so kids stop *****ing an **** off
Old 11-22-2008, 01:23 PM #38
FuKuLosErfoOL
MW ftw

anyone see the press release on Greg Hastings Myspace page. i'm not exactly sure how tournament based it will be. sounds very very woodsballish. not really a bad thing, but takes the whole T out of GHTP.

oh yeah and i have to be right i am a 2k3er
Old 11-22-2008, 01:29 PM #39
ionowner36
I don't own an ion.Dankkk

ionowner36 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFHS View Post
Thank god I got a 360 not a PS3.

There putting way more effort and detail into the game.

soooooooooo true
Old 11-22-2008, 01:38 PM #40
ItsAPandemic
San Diego

the 360 wont be any different from the ps3
Old 11-22-2008, 01:49 PM #41
asylum11
Dm6 Part's Whore

Annual Supporting Member
asylum11 supports Cereal Killerz 2
asylum11 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAPandemic View Post
the 360 wont be any different from the ps3

Paintball, my antidrug. Because when you're addicted to paintball there's no way you can afford drugs

PBN Feedback #1

"Originally posted by TheColiseum71: The Etek is a much better gun that the Protege. It has a better asa, it comes in a better case, and it has three LED lights, as opposed to one."
"Sometimes, i will get a bag of cheeseburgers and sit down in here and just whack off all day long, even eat them at the same time!!...Hey!...don't you judge me"--Rob Riggle "Blackballed the Movie"
Old 11-22-2008, 01:50 PM #42
ItsAPandemic
San Diego

also its a low budget paintball game, they dont have the funds that Call of duty has or any major game. You can expect it to be perfect, this game really only attracts paintballers while call of duty attracts anyone. That is a lot larger market share to increase profits. Stop whining that this game sucks, be a paintball supporter and just support the game for what it has to offer. This game is still A LOT better than GHTP, The games are getting better, its a learning experience for paintball games with every new paintball game. You can not argue that with every new game it has more to offer and more capabilities than the previous. Paintball will keep not going anywhere if people keep on not supporting paintball related items and just bring it down. If it really sucks that much think of it as a donation to the sport we love.