PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-06-2012, 10:49 AM #1
dobbs024

dobbs024 plays in the APPA D4 division
Infamous Bolt Vs. Lurker My Results

So I have seen a ton of questions regarding which bolt to purchase. Most of the time I find an answer saying "You can't go wrong with either bolt," or some other vague answer. I decided, since I enjoy research and getting solid answers, to purchase both bolts and record what I find.

As for objective measures I am going to test efficiency. It will take a longer period of time for me to test efficiency for the XSV bolt simply because there are three springs. I plan on playing with each bolt for a few weekends. Also, I would like to test which bolt shoots brittle paint the best. I plan on doing this by simply shooting brittle paint with each bolt and counting the number of breaks I encounter.

As for subjective measures, I will test which bolt has a smoother feel to it. Obviously, this will be opinion based and not a very robust test, but nonetheless people seem interested in it, so I will give my results.

In order to create reliable results I am going to have to test these bolts over a number of weekends in order to create a greater sample size. I plan on reporting results each week for each bolt. The summation of these reports will allow for the greater sample size, while at the same time giving everyone a chance to check in with the results on a weekly basis.

Additionally, in an attempt to remove as many variables as possible I am going to use the same tank, same loader, same paint, same gun, and same barrel for each bolt. Also, I will use the recommended settings supplied by the manufacturer for each bolt.

Setup:

Stock Empire Axe
Nano Feedneck
Spire
Crossfire HP Tank
UL .692
Paint: GI Sportz 4 Star or Ultra Evil (I will report any changes in paint)

Now that I think about it, I will keep track of the weather as well. I will use weather.com to report humidity and temperature. Luckily, I have the pleasure of playing in Southern California so the weather is pretty consistent.

So stay tuned and let's see what happens.

Last edited by dobbs024 : 10-06-2012 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Added ideas.
dobbs024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2012, 11:53 AM #2
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
For best info I think I would use a barrel that you could under bore with. .692 will give pretty horrible results with both bolts I would think.
TheBoss33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:25 PM #3
mfarmy

mfarmy plays in the PSP
mfarmy plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss33
For best info I think I would use a barrel that you could under bore with. .692 will give pretty horrible results with both bolts I would think.
Yah agreeing with boss, evil and 4 star will roll straight through a 692 bored barrel. My team uses evil and I use a 680 - 685 bore, so ya you'll see horrible consistency with that barrel

AsylumTrueballers
Paintball Asylum
Torres Productions
mfarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:26 PM #4
ewagnerd9311

Annual Supporting Member
ewagnerd9311 posts videos on PbNation
ewagnerd9311 plays in the APPA beginner division
ewagnerd9311 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ewagnerd9311 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ewagnerd9311 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ewagnerd9311 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Actually, as long as it's a consistent overbore his chrono numbers should also be consistent. His efficiency will be pretty bad though. And from a research standpoint, as long as the testing parameters are held constant, the results can be compared on an equivalent level.

Just out of curiosity, will you be giving each bolt and spring a specified break in period so the numbers can settle in more consistently?
Old 10-06-2012, 03:01 PM #5
trucockerfan19
Aim High

has been a member for 10 years
Use a 680

feedback-
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=751045

Bored? Check out my youtube channel!
http://m.youtube.com/user/mikemarion19?feature=guide
trucockerfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:14 PM #6
AxeRipper
infamous

I am interested to see the results a I just got a infamous bolt but am considering putting the 2 together to make a blurker or whatever
AxeRipper is offline   Reply With Quote