PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-19-2008, 07:58 PM #1
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

Field Layouts

last year there were a few fields that posted field layouts. I think that all fields should post a field layout atleast 1 week ahead of time. This so that all the teams have a chance to play the field layout before an event. Field layout software is really cheap like $30 at paintballfieldbuilder.com or something like that, ill post the link later. Hell maybe, dan, can get some type of sponsorship through them, and he can make all the field layouts. Im just throwing this out there, but i think its a good idea and will def help out the series.

Buck
Underachievers-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2008, 09:42 PM #2
Back_anchor
Abstrakt Gunner

Back_anchor owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Back_anchor supports Team VICIOUS
Back_anchor is for the Gunfight
that is a great idea buck that would make it way easier for the teams to have plays that will work set in stone
Old 11-20-2008, 12:05 PM #3
PaintballTourney2

I am all for fields posting up their field layout before the event... however, some fields refuse to for various reasons and for that reason alone, I'm not going to make it a mandatory requirement for the fields to do this. If they do, then great.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:36 PM #4
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

maybe you could make the field layouts then. ask the field how many bunkers and of what kind they have and them make it.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:04 PM #5
1w00d
EA OG

1w00d plays in the PSP
1w00d supports Team VICIOUS
1w00d plays in the APPA D4 division
That could possibly lead to teams complaining that the host field didn't set up the field just like it was designed. It's great to have the layouts ahead of time but sometimes it doesn't do much good if there aren't stated field sizes and grids.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:30 PM #6
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

im not saying it has to be like a psp layout. i think hp had their field layout done in ms paint. something like is just fine. im just wanting an idea of the field layout so we konw which line up to bring the the tourny etc.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:41 PM #7
shocker4life03
OKC Militia

shocker4life03 plays in the PSP
shocker4life03 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
shocker4life03 supports Team VICIOUS
shocker4life03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
i think its more fun not knowing ahead. or knowing like three or four days in advance just to devise differrent basic breakouts.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:07 PM #8
rubiusbeer40
MWM Captain

layouts

why is it a big deal for some fields to post the layout in advance????? what is a reason for not posting a layout. as the promoter can you not make it mandatory to post the layout as part of the host agreement????? can we please just have a consistent series this year fields don't like to post the layouts so that their teams have the advantage of practicing on the layout for a month before the event. Which hopfully after the event 5 debocle host teams will not be playing in thier own events
rubiusbeer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:03 PM #9
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

the biggest issue i have is teams that play at the host field all the time, will have the chance to play the field before anyone else. jsut make it a fair trade post the field layout so everyone is on a level playing field. hell ill sit here and draw up all the field layouts for the series, just so everyone has a chance to see the field layout before hand
Old 11-25-2008, 07:56 PM #10
1w00d
EA OG

1w00d plays in the PSP
1w00d plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiusbeer40 View Post
why is it a big deal for some fields to post the layout in advance????? what is a reason for not posting a layout. as the promoter can you not make it mandatory to post the layout as part of the host agreement????? can we please just have a consistent series this year fields don't like to post the layouts so that their teams have the advantage of practicing on the layout for a month before the event. Which hopfully after the event 5 debocle host teams will not be playing in thier own events
Our 6th place finish was a debacle?

We also posted the layout as soon as it was released by the PSP. Actually this year more fields posted layouts prior to events than the ones that didn't. Drop Zone, High Performance, and The Edge all posted events.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:24 AM #11
rubiusbeer40
MWM Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1w00d View Post
Our 6th place finish was a debacle?

We also posted the layout as soon as it was released by the PSP. Actually this year more fields posted layouts prior to events than the ones that didn't. Drop Zone, High Performance, and The Edge all posted events.
in my book that event was a debacle but for other reasons that have nothing to do with a layout. you're right you guys did post it as soon as it was released from psp. All I am asking for is consistency. if a field wants to host an event they should have to agree to post the layout 5-10 days in advance. the rules should be the same at every field (clothing, fps,) it would also be nice to have the field deminsions.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:07 PM #12
PaintballTourney2

Guys, I'm going to say this again... and then lets drop it.

Posting field layouts before the event will remain as optional by the host fields. Not all host fields want to post layouts for various reasons already stated.

Done.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:56 PM #13
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

then if all fields dont have to do it, then have no fields post layouts. like rubiusbeer said, lets keep things then same from field to field.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:31 PM #14
rubiusbeer40
MWM Captain

no I think its time to drop it. it's apparent that only certain opinions count. the rest of us just travel to every event bringing multiple teams and have absolutely no input on the series. Dan, I would love to have the opportunity to discuss this with you over the phone like adults instead of this forum. please gibe me a call 405-820-0995 at your convience. That way we can talk abuot this without hiding behind screen names. thanks
Old 11-26-2008, 07:54 PM #15
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

im not trying to start a fight or anything, but i remember about 2 years ago dan stated that he wanted this to be a stepping stone for the teams to get the next level. and by post field layouts, keeping things the same, etc, this will get everyone heading down the right paths
Old 11-26-2008, 09:40 PM #16
marker monkey
OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW

marker monkey is a Supporting Member
I'll guess that just finding enough fields capable to host the MPS events is problem enough. Dictating every single detail could be tough. When my kids played the high school regional we got to Dallas and there was no grass behind many of the bunkers because the locals had been playing the layout despite the rule against it. I was pretty dissapointed.

I think if a field has a practice on the layout for the tourney they should have to release the field to give everyone a chance to see it without being forced to travel only one week before the tourney. If they have no practice on the layout then they can keep it to themselves until the tourney.
marker monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:49 PM #17
PaintballTourney2

Quote:
it's apparent that only certain opinions count. the rest of us just travel to every event bringing multiple teams and have absolutely no input on the series
This is untrue... I do want and value everyone's opinion. I think having this forum and asking for everyone's input is appearant of this.

Quote:
im not trying to start a fight or anything, but i remember about 2 years ago dan stated that he wanted this to be a stepping stone for the teams to get the next level. and by post field layouts, keeping things the same, etc, this will get everyone heading down the right paths
I didn't mean to come accross rude in my post... I was just trying to restate things I've stated in the past. I know you players would like field layouts before events, but what some of you players don't know or understand is why fields won't do it.

I will ask fields to post layouts, but it can't be anything where, "if they don't, they don't get to host an event" type of thing.

If they do... great. If they don't, then just be prepared to walk the field the morning of.

Quote:
I think if a field has a practice on the layout for the tourney they should have to release the field to give everyone a chance to see it without being forced to travel only one week before the tourney. If they have no practice on the layout then they can keep it to themselves until the tourney.
I agree... and that will be in my agreement.

Later,

Dan
Old 12-02-2008, 09:44 AM #18
aScreamingYeti
SD Pirates!

aScreamingYeti plays in the PSP
aScreamingYeti owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
aScreamingYeti plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiusbeer40 View Post
no I think its time to drop it. it's apparent that only certain opinions count. the rest of us just travel to every event bringing multiple teams and have absolutely no input on the series. Dan, I would love to have the opportunity to discuss this with you over the phone like adults instead of this forum. please gibe me a call 405-820-0995 at your convience. That way we can talk abuot this without hiding behind screen names. thanks
dude, i'm not sure what your problem is, but i think Dan has always done a great job with MPS and i KNOW it's been a stepping stone for a lot of teams. Yeah we all can improve on the MPS and make it better and cheaper for teams to play, but overall this is ALWAYS a fun series to play...except for last year in the 20 degree snow lol

Dan
Old 12-04-2008, 04:04 PM #19
nate4444

My only complaint about the field is they never had the bunkers aired up all the way or even at all to be able to walk. It sucks walking a field thats half flat because the angles are different when they are full of air. They would always fill them up 10 or 15 minutes before the captains meeting.Then you have to share the field with the other 10-15 teams trying to walk it real fast at the same time.

I think its a lot more fun to not know what your playing on. IT makes it more of a challenge.
nate4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:59 PM #20
rubiusbeer40
MWM Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by aScreamingYeti View Post
dude, i'm not sure what your problem is, but i think Dan has always done a great job with MPS and i KNOW it's been a stepping stone for a lot of teams. Yeah we all can improve on the MPS and make it better and cheaper for teams to play, but overall this is ALWAYS a fun series to play...except for last year in the 20 degree snow lol

Dan
you are 100% right Dan runs a first class series.. However, why can we not have consistency in the series. I played all 5 events in 08 and brought 4 teams to event 5. post the the layouts or don't post the layouts just be consistent.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:57 AM #21
RR#82
.:BSC:.

Annual Supporting Member
RR#82 is BST Trusted
RR#82 plays in the PSP
RR#82 donated to help Peyton Trent
RR#82 supports Team VICIOUS
RR#82 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
RR#82 is Legendary
RR#82 supports Empire
wow...

dan, what it comes down to is... you cant please everyone.

just keep doing what you do best

RR#82 is offline   Reply With Quote