Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2008, 10:23 PM #1
DM4OWNAGE
 
 
DM4OWNAGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
is the new SLG a good enough gun for NPPL play?

just wondering because im getting mixed reviews about it and i wanna know if the gun is good enough and trustworthy for the nppl..


thanks
__________________
I Overshoot!!

EGO 6 Tadao...
Black to Red DM4
E-Bladed 04 Cocker
Diablo Wrath...won at CCPL

GETTING BACK IN IT TO WIN IT
DM4OWNAGE is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2008, 03:37 AM #2
5am
 
 
5am's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
yeah its plenty of gun you just gotta make it work for you
__________________
hi
5am is offline  
Old 11-18-2008, 03:51 PM #3
n0tverycreative
Monkey With A Gun...Dog
 
n0tverycreative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pennslyvania
hahaha

good joke
__________________
Originally posted by Vicious49: You did see the dodgy, right?
Originally posted by viperashes: Apparently you either missed the "dodgy", or fail to realize what it means.
n0tverycreative is offline  
Old 11-18-2008, 05:12 PM #4
FlyOrDie117
Go Hokies!!!
 
FlyOrDie117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: VA
Annual Supporting Member
FlyOrDie117 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
FlyOrDie117 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by smasher41 View Post
My slg was used for about 30 points at cup, and preformed flawlessly minus the asa getting loose on the second day. we had super brittle anarchy paint that broke from about 6-7 inches off the concrete, and the gun only broke maybe 3-4 in the barrel, most likely due to having a small bore UL on it, and the rain didnt help LOL.
Answer your question?
__________________
Virginia Tech Paintball Alum
KPS Paintball.com
FlyOrDie117 is offline  
Old 11-18-2008, 05:21 PM #5
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996
 
steve_81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Yes it is good enough.
__________________
Outlaw Paintball - www.outlawpaintballpark.com
steve_81 is offline  
Old 11-18-2008, 09:00 PM #6
PaInTbAlLeR91
Witty User Title
 
PaInTbAlLeR91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: So Cal/562
 has been a member for 10 years
Well, some guy in LA Hitmen rolled with a pump at NPPL SD, and they took 2nd place in D1. Why wouldn't an SLG be able to keep up in NPPL? It can shoot a lot faster than a pump.
My point is, it's not exactly what you play with, it's how you play.
PaInTbAlLeR91 is offline  
Old 11-19-2008, 08:55 PM #7
Ishiga
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Clean it and take care of it, and make sure everything is tightened, and you won't have a problem. Also check the bore of your barrel and the paint, this helps with chopping, and i wouldn't advise setting it over 18 balls per second, that's still pushing it. It comes preset at 15, which is more than enough. It will definitely work. Just take care of it.
Ishiga is offline  
Old 11-20-2008, 09:25 AM #8
JoltZero
French Fry Addict
 
JoltZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Midlothian TX
JoltZero has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
JoltZero has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaInTbAlLeR91
Well, some guy in LA Hitmen rolled with a pump at NPPL SD, and they took 2nd place in D1. Why wouldn't an SLG be able to keep up in NPPL? It can shoot a lot faster than a pump.
My point is, it's not exactly what you play with, it's how you play.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishiga View Post
Clean it and take care of it, and make sure everything is tightened, and you won't have a problem. Also check the bore of your barrel and the paint, this helps with chopping, and i wouldn't advise setting it over 18 balls per second, that's still pushing it. It comes preset at 15, which is more than enough. It will definitely work. Just take care of it.
Sorry to be a pain, but from what I remember, the BPS setting can't go between 16.66 and 20.00, and the stock setting is 13.33. If your going to ramp, I'd set it at 16.66, but if your going semi, just do slightly slower than what your hopper can feed.

Last edited by JoltZero : 11-20-2008 at 09:28 AM.
JoltZero is offline  
Old 11-20-2008, 03:19 PM #9
GoNexus1991
 
 
GoNexus1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoltZero View Post
Exactly.



Sorry to be a pain, but from what I remember, the BPS setting can't go between 16.66 and 20.00, and the stock setting is 13.33. If your going to ramp, I'd set it at 16.66, but if your going semi, just do slightly slower than what your hopper can feed.
why are you setting ramp at 16.66?
Isn't the highest rof 15.4 (cxbl/axbl?)
__________________
Ashton Expendable Heroes Eastern MXL
Hopperz Paintball
Underground Productz
Draxxus Paintballs
Exalt Paintball
GoNexus1991 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump