Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-17-2008, 03:52 PM #1
Ishiga

Need assistance in reinstalling ASA into grip.

After just one game with my brand new SLG, i took the hop and tank out and went home with it. next day i had the trigger and firing rate set up, it's my first speedball / e-frame gun. so i decided to pop in the nitrogen tank, but not the hop, and see how it sounded. I was definitely impressed.

Problem.

Unscrewed the nitrogen tank half way and the asa port the tank was screwed into pops out from the bottom of the grip.

Oh crap. The screws are on the inside and I have no idea what I'm doing with this. Looks like it's as simple as pulling the gray lock off, removing it from the wire (the nitrogen tank has been removed, after much annoyance), unscrewing the nut and screwing it back in. but I'm not sure, i've never taken these apart and I don't have any tools with me so I can't do it for a couple days, so I want to make sure I understand what I'm doing before I screw something up.

Search function is down, and I haven't been able to find anything anywhere else. Sorry but I'm still relatively new, can you help me out here?
Ishiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2008, 03:56 PM #2
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography

Annual Supporting Member
xluben is a Paintball photographer
xluben plays in the PSP
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xluben posts videos on PbNation
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Look in the manual.

The ASA slides back on and then is held in place by turning a screw on the side of the grip frame.
xluben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:04 PM #3
Ishiga

Wow. Classic case of RTFM. Sorry. Thanks though.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:30 PM #4
p8ntballr1125
THUG LIFE

has been a member for 10 years
The ASA slid off the rail? Is that what you are saying?
p8ntballr1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:11 AM #5
crazyeyedkohler
Future Hawaii Pumper :)

crazyeyedkohler owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
crazyeyedkohler owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
crazyeyedkohler supports Team VICIOUS
crazyeyedkohler is for the Gunfight
crazyeyedkohler supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishiga View Post
After just one game with my brand new SLG, i took the hop and tank out and went home with it. next day i had the trigger and firing rate set up, it's my first speedball / e-frame gun. so i decided to pop in the nitrogen tank, but not the hop, and see how it sounded. I was definitely impressed.

Problem.

Unscrewed the nitrogen tank half way and the asa port the tank was screwed into pops out from the bottom of the grip.

Oh crap. The screws are on the inside and I have no idea what I'm doing with this. Looks like it's as simple as pulling the gray lock off, removing it from the wire (the nitrogen tank has been removed, after much annoyance), unscrewing the nut and screwing it back in. but I'm not sure, i've never taken these apart and I don't have any tools with me so I can't do it for a couple days, so I want to make sure I understand what I'm doing before I screw something up.

Search function is down, and I haven't been able to find anything anywhere else. Sorry but I'm still relatively new, can you help me out here?
Go inside the grip panel and tighten the screws Then put the asa through the bottom of the rail and it will be nice and smooth
Old 11-18-2008, 08:55 PM #6
GoNexus1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
turning a screw on the side of the grip frame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyeyedkohler View Post
Go inside the grip panel and tighten the screws
how many screws are there?
Draxxus Paintballs
Exalt Paintball
GoNexus1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:37 PM #7
Yellowone (Banned)
iiiTeam Hype!!!

^^Just one
Yellowone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:52 PM #8
Ishiga

Just in case anyone else has this issue:

There are two silver screws that hold the rail into the grip. Don't touch those. In between the two silver screws is a hole where there's a black screw with no head, stick the same allen key you used to open the side of the grip into that hole and try to get it inside the screw without stripping it.

Loosen it up and pop it out, the ASA slides right off the rail. My problem was the rail was unscrewed from the ASA. So I had to remove the rail before I figured it out: Just loosen up the single screw in the center of the rail and the ASA slides in or out. Then tighten it up and the ASA is locked in place.