Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-17-2008, 01:56 PM #1
Spock
Live Long and Bluster

Spock is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Question about PSP ramping/3-shot modes

I've never actually played X-ball and haven't used these modes on my gun, so this may sound like a stupid question.

I noticed that the ramping mode and 3-shot mode on the stock Marq board kick in pretty easily (3 or four trigger pulls), and there doesn't seem to be any way to shoot a steady stream at less than 13bps, other than shooting less than 1 bps.

Are there any boards with settings that somehow allow you to ramp or 3-shot at 13bps when you want to, but also shoot a steady 5-8 bps like if you're pinning down a snake player and not wanting to reload every ten seconds?

Originally posted by matt00iconoclast:
"there are variables outside of physics that will affect the flight of the ball"
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2008, 02:09 PM #2
ladd_17
bA What?!?

ladd_17 is a Supporting Member
ladd_17 plays in the APPA D3 division
ladd_17 is Boss
You can adjust the ramp start point to not kick-in until you have reached a certain bps if you'd like, but I think you'll find that being able to use one finger to shoot while you use your shooting hand to support your gun and your free hand to reload is a much better option.

Why not keep a steady 13 on that snake player? When you're trying to get a kill, putting more paint on your target is never a bad thing.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:16 PM #3
Spock
Live Long and Bluster

Spock is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladd_17 View Post
You can adjust the ramp start point to not kick-in until you have reached a certain bps if you'd like, but I think you'll find that being able to use one finger to shoot while you use your shooting hand to support your gun and your free hand to reload is a much better option.

Why not keep a steady 13 on that snake player? When you're trying to get a kill, putting more paint on your target is never a bad thing.
You're right, but I'm pretty sure you can keep his head down with half that, and if you've got a guy in your snake 40, and only 4 pods left, 13 might not be the best option.

It would be cool if you could program it so that you have to manually pull 3 or four shots at 8bps or more to start ramping, but only 1-2/s to keep it ramping. Then you could stop for a second and then shoot a steady stream at 7 without triggering ramping.

Originally posted by matt00iconoclast:
"there are variables outside of physics that will affect the flight of the ball"
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:05 PM #4
Ocatio

As far as I know the stock board doesn't have a modifiable ramp start point. Any aftermarket board from a major manufacturer should have a modifiable ramp start setting.
Ocatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:14 PM #5
AlmightyRuler
Vigilante English Teacher

I think PSP mode goes to 13 bps ramping after the third shot at a rate of 5 bps or greater.

Some Invaluable Words of Wisdom:
A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but the foolish man's heart directs him toward the left.
-Ecclesiastes 10:2
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”
-Sir Winston Churchill
"Lousy Democrats."-Homer J. Simpson

Last edited by AlmightyRuler : 11-18-2008 at 12:57 AM.
AlmightyRuler is offline   Reply With Quote