Community Focus

Old 11-19-2008, 09:48 PM #1
Rhino1XL
Put a SPRING in it!!!

Annual Supporting Member
Rhino1XL helped look for balloons
Rhino1XL plays in the APPA D4 division
Question Angel field refs at SD

Any comments on the REFS on the Angel field at SD?

There semed to be ALOT of penalities assesed for very minor infractions.
Anyone else notice this??

Maximum Paintball Supply, Fresno California
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-20-2008, 10:42 PM #2
ooompcooo

they were ok i guess the only thing i didnt like was the bird dogging in the snake. no one wasnt even shooting at me and they would check me every nuckle in the snake n then i said F it n did the other teams snake player.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:50 PM #3
Crunch 52

they pulled alot of dumb penalties we got 3 on that field
Old 11-22-2008, 12:51 PM #4
Dirtynerd9
Dirtynerd

hmmm. sound like the same refs from the spyder field at xpsl...

can anyone prove this?

and i heard some talk from the refs about on purposly screwing a team at xpsl...is that true also?

Last edited by Dirtynerd9 : 11-22-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:43 PM #5
Rhino1XL
Put a SPRING in it!!!

Annual Supporting Member
Rhino1XL helped look for balloons
Rhino1XL plays in the APPA D4 division
Wouldn't doubt it. Until the league can obtain, train, and retain real professional refs, stuff like this will continue to happen. There was a BIG difference in reffing "styles" between the Angel field and the NPPL center court.

Center court guys let the players PLAY paintball, and not completely dictate every game down to the "ninth" degree. I don't remember 1 game on the Angel field where there wasn't at least 1 1for1. Many games there were multiple penalities being pulled simultaneously. Doubt we'll enter any more NPPL tournies with that type of reffing going on. Wish there were a way for the league to hear and follow up on complaints that meant anything to the players.

Maximum Paintball Supply, Fresno California
Old 11-23-2008, 04:26 PM #6
winkie

I completely agree with you guys. I was the laydown ref on the far (non entrance) side of the Angel field. I was amazed at how every other ref on my side made calls, they were horrible. Players pay to play not get screwed by some guy with authority issues. The main problem with the Angel field was that the NPPL is using local refs and trying to save money. Please let Dave Zinkham know how the players feel!!!!!!!!!! Nothing will change unless you the players tell the league whats going on. I apologize to Rhino his team, those penalties should have never been assesed. If anyone has any questions please let me know how I can help. I will give out league numbers or info via pm.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:31 PM #7
hate and heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtynerd9 View Post
hmmm. sound like the same refs from the spyder field at xpsl...

can anyone prove this?

and i heard some talk from the refs about on purposly screwing a team at xpsl...is that true also?
hahha a Curtis that was my team
Old 11-25-2008, 04:46 PM #8
Jeshua White
Something Clever

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkie View Post
I completely agree with you guys. I was the laydown ref on the far (non entrance) side of the Angel field. I was amazed at how every other ref on my side made calls, they were horrible. Players pay to play not get screwed by some guy with authority issues. The main problem with the Angel field was that the NPPL is using local refs and trying to save money. Please let Dave Zinkham know how the players feel!!!!!!!!!! Nothing will change unless you the players tell the league whats going on. I apologize to Rhino his team, those penalties should have never been assesed. If anyone has any questions please let me know how I can help. I will give out league numbers or info via pm.
Wow...

One of the first things I learned as a referee in paintball is always to have your other refs' backs. I can't believe you (being a traveling ref rather than a local ref) would say something like this about the people you worked 3 days with. All of the refs I have ever worked with I have become really good friends with and I will always support their calls, especially with players. We do constructive criticism to better that ref, but never not support his call.

Cal State University Monterey Bay

My Feedback
Old 11-25-2008, 10:47 PM #9
Sinister Flash
That's Daddy's Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeshua White View Post
Wow...

One of the first things I learned as a referee in paintball is always to have your other refs' backs. I can't believe you (being a traveling ref rather than a local ref) would say something like this about the people you worked 3 days with. All of the refs I have ever worked with I have become really good friends with and I will always support their calls, especially with players. We do constructive criticism to better that ref, but never not support his call.
Jesh, Well spoken sir!

-Creighton

I'm Carsen's daddy, d.o.b 12/23/04
Old 11-28-2008, 06:00 PM #10
megabork
im jabba

megabork is a Supporting Member
why ?? so bad reffing can continue? have a bad reffs back so all reffs good and bad can be thrown into the same mix?
Old 11-28-2008, 06:04 PM #11
socalkid17
Gimme some shuugahh

we got 2 1 for 1s assesed instead of the one the refs were acusing us with
they said our player wasnt cooperating and 2 other refs ran and pulled guys on our team
07 EGO F/S/T & LEGEND F/S
$$ GEAR BAGE SALE SUPER CHEAP $$
Old 11-28-2008, 06:08 PM #12
e_friccero
\_(ツ)_/

e_friccero is a Paintball photographer
e_friccero is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
e_friccero is Legendary
e_friccero is Boss
e_friccero is attending Decay of Nations VII
we had no problems