Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-17-2008, 12:01 PM #43
EvilAuthorityX
PUMPER_TYLER

EvilAuthorityX is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero$mitty View Post
The only other team that had players playing in semi division was the Hitmen, and even then they only played 1 man down. You must have been in the division that had the 2 teams that didn't show up, which would be the only reason you would have had "bi's"
no hitmen messed it up because they held up every game going back and forth which made them switch up the schedule, which caused games to overlap meaning teams were being called to play while they were playing on the other field.

i think that there should be a rule if they cant commit they shouldnt register

i played 4 games all day... because teams that made it to sunday dropped out of the pump event

screw 95 points i wanted to play

Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2008, 12:10 PM #44
chasethaace13
TTU PB President

chasethaace13 plays in the PSP
chasethaace13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
chasethaace13 is an NCPA player
chasethaace13 plays in the APPA D4 division
wasnt bad imo i had fun but i do think the lb bushwackers(d3) got f'd out of sunday

nxn made it in as the 16th seed with 2 bye's (free 95's) and bushwackers who played thier games was tied for 16th but nxn advanced

in order to correctly award teams a bye score it must be an average of your other scores imo

North Texas Riot

Shogun D2 XBALL RIP
GEO
Old 11-17-2008, 12:21 PM #45
bronc.v2 (Banned)

I was shot IN THE EYE (but I had sun glasses on) through the net (on Saturday, prelims Infamous vs Hurricanes).

I saw several other people take hits to their HEAD via paintballs coming through hols in the net. On the Spyder field I saw parents crossing the line to grab the net and close off holes while games were going on after their kids were hit.

WTF NPPL? WTF?!?!

Also, since when do we offset fields so paint can bounce over the corners and land where fans are walking rather then on the other fields?

I've been going go NPPL events for years, and I can't say overall this was a horrible event, but I've seen better netting on rec ball fields in peoples back yards.

On the plus side, the field lay outs were great and Dye and Empire had fully stocked vendor tents. The Vendor layout wasn't great, with people on the far side (like Facefull) being screwed out of foot traffic. Anyone else notice where PBFashion as set up? Talk about being put out in the boonies all by yourself. I felt bad for those guys.

Props to Paintball.com Magazine (aka PB2X) for handing out countless issues of their new magazine to.

PS. Dear NXe, why bother to pay to come to events when your show trailer has nothing in it, and nothing to buy? It was the same in HB. Huge show trailer and tent with like 5 packs hanging off a wall and kids walking around drinking beer inside.

Let's hope the new leadership can fix their infrastructure before HB next year. They need new netting BADLY at the very least.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:31 PM #46
Drowning In My Sleep
< HAWTNESS

Drowning In My Sleep helped look for balloons
Drowning In My Sleep plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachMafioso View Post
Those Rockstar girls were SERIOUS B*TCHES. "sorry no more rockstars" oh yeah for real? WHY AM I LOOKING THROUGH THE DOOR OF THE VAN AND SEE PILES OF ROCKSTARS!!! Rockstar I wish BAWLS would come back.

Not a lot of vendors? I think it was the lay out of the whole thing that made it look that way. Also, usually the nppl puts the vendors in one narrow strip so the walk ways are packed with people so it looks like there's a lot more people there. Saw every vendor in 2 minutes? what were you looking for? I saw most of the same vendors from last year. Why was the grandstand so small??? maybe because the NPPL knew that the $10-$15 tickets would turn people away. Kind of dumb right NPPL? Especially Not giving TEAMS THAT PAID any parking passes. TWO FOR EACH DAY FROM LAST YEAR WAS TOO MUCH? Pacific paintball start hiring some brains to your company! Pacific Paintball I thank you for giving us a 2 1/2 hour break inbetween games, WHICH WE REALLY DIDN"T NEED. NPPL didn't give our team any prize for 3rd place in 5man in which they listed on their info. For the most part I had my good games so I'm satisfied. Overall this even gets an 8.5
Dude, all the teams got parking passes except for the 5-man teams. They just didn't give a **** about us. And the dudes at the rockstar booth were super chill. The girls on the other hand... . The vendor layout screwed over some vendors but it cut down on congestion A LOT. And dude, that sucks that you guys didn't get a third place prize. I mean if a tournament is hosting a 5-man thing along with their main 7-man tournament, they should at least make it look like they care about it. The reffs were chill, the parents watching the 5-man were cool but it seems like NPPL just did it to fill out spots and make an extra buck on the side.

Goodbye mom. You were a great mom and an even better friend. I love you mom.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:41 PM #47
AzNcHoPsTyKs
Forever a Turmoil Kid

AzNcHoPsTyKs plays in the PSP
AzNcHoPsTyKs is an NCPA player
AzNcHoPsTyKs is an NCPA National Champion
AzNcHoPsTyKs plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachMafioso View Post
Those Rockstar girls were SERIOUS B*TCHES. "sorry no more rockstars" oh yeah for real? WHY AM I LOOKING THROUGH THE DOOR OF THE VAN AND SEE PILES OF ROCKSTARS!!! Rockstar I wish BAWLS would come back.

Not a lot of vendors? I think it was the lay out of the whole thing that made it look that way. Also, usually the nppl puts the vendors in one narrow strip so the walk ways are packed with people so it looks like there's a lot more people there. Saw every vendor in 2 minutes? what were you looking for? I saw most of the same vendors from last year. Why was the grandstand so small??? maybe because the NPPL knew that the $10-$15 tickets would turn people away. Kind of dumb right NPPL? Especially Not giving TEAMS THAT PAID any parking passes. TWO FOR EACH DAY FROM LAST YEAR WAS TOO MUCH? Pacific paintball start hiring some brains to your company! Pacific Paintball I thank you for giving us a 2 1/2 hour break inbetween games, WHICH WE REALLY DIDN"T NEED. NPPL didn't give our team any prize for 3rd place in 5man in which they listed on their info. For the most part I had my good games so I'm satisfied. Overall this even gets an 8.5
All teams got parking passes...
the grandstands were not as big as HB, but they were alot longer. They stretched from one side of the field to the other, so that made up for it even if the grandstands were that big. I was in the VIP and I could tell that there was still alot of room in the grandstands, more room than I had in the VIP. If you have ever been to another NPPL, you would see that there were significantly less vendors than before. I use to get lost in the mazes of vendors, and now I dont.

Rest in peace Baby J
Old 11-17-2008, 12:52 PM #48
S8 SOLDIER

Everyone complains when they don't win. S*@T, I had hella fun. You can't complain about first for sure. The only thing that sucked was having to play a 12 hour day on Saturday
Old 11-17-2008, 01:11 PM #49
BRKc50

BRKc50 helped look for balloons
BRKc50 is playing at Living Legends III
BRKc50 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BRKc50 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by _____ View Post
i just showed the parking person my player id every time and acted like i was in a hurry and never paid.
lol we did too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drowning In My Sleep View Post
Dude, all the teams got parking passes

shens
they got "stolen" on Thursday night so not all teams got theirs

not complaining cause i had an amazing weekend

I'm all cracked up, high and ****....on life mutha ****a

Originally Posted by bigfatdanman: "why is BRK such an amazing poster?"
Originally Posted by deadeye93: "sigh. BRK are you ever helpful?"
Old 11-17-2008, 01:39 PM #50
squalledout338
pump&amp;gt;semi=20bps&amp;lt;1bp s

squalledout338 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
squalledout338 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
it wasn't even that hot... maybe for like an hour but then it was fine... lol but thats prolly the YUMAN in me talking.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2916672<------ new pump for sale
Old 11-17-2008, 01:41 PM #51
crazy_hiiphop
No Remose

crazy_hiiphop posts videos on PbNation
I had a great time at NPPL even though I got suspended for 6 games in Semi-Finals causing us to play man down for Finals and get 2nd. Ref's did great except on that suspension.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:44 PM #52
BRKc50

BRKc50 helped look for balloons
BRKc50 is playing at Living Legends III
BRKc50 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BRKc50 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
y did you get suspended?

I'm all cracked up, high and ****....on life mutha ****a

Originally Posted by bigfatdanman: "why is BRK such an amazing poster?"
Originally Posted by deadeye93: "sigh. BRK are you ever helpful?"
Old 11-17-2008, 01:44 PM #53
YUMMY_YUM
Copenhagen blunts

YUMMY_YUM supports Team VICIOUS
YUMMY_YUM is for the Gunfight
YUMMY_YUM has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I had an awesome time. Best paintball experience ever. Even thought my team lost every game we all still had a blast. We knew we were going to get our **** pushed in because we're from Alaska.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:04 PM #54
Drowning In My Sleep
< HAWTNESS

Drowning In My Sleep helped look for balloons
Drowning In My Sleep plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_hiiphop View Post
I had a great time at NPPL even though I got suspended for 6 games in Semi-Finals causing us to play man down for Finals and get 2nd. Ref's did great except on that suspension.
OMG you would get suspended... what for?

Goodbye mom. You were a great mom and an even better friend. I love you mom.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:46 PM #55
Death Merchant
An Angel with a Stiffi

Annual Supporting Member
Death Merchant is BST Trusted
Death Merchant plays in the USPL
Death Merchant is playing at Living Legends VI
Death Merchant plays in the APPA D5 division
Death Merchant has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Death Merchant is attending Decay of Nations VII
I thought this event was great. Reffing on the Eclipse Field (5-man) was to notch, Spyder field was ok. Only real complaint was that the 5-man had to play on a 7-manfield without even a chance to walk the field before hand. But Kudos to NPPL for a job well done.

(now watch the flaming begin)
Black Velvet A1 - Blue accents (Black Rein)
Surgical Strike branded Stiffi barrel - lightning stik
Joy Division A1, Blue to Black Fade A1, Superman A1, Ironman A1, Stormtrooper A1, 2002 LCD Moon Angel, Black w/Red accents Angel SB (Black Widow)
Owner - Angel Factory Team Surgical Strike
Old 11-17-2008, 05:13 PM #56
D.Brasco
TK

tournaments are made easier to handle with lots of beer and friends. then it maakes it more fun
Old 11-17-2008, 05:51 PM #57
UnXpected Killah
Whale HUNTER

UnXpected Killah helped look for balloons
UnXpected Killah owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
UnXpected Killah is an NCPA player
UnXpected Killah plays in the APPA beginner division
UnXpected Killah has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
UnXpected Killah has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasethaace13 View Post
wasnt bad imo i had fun but i do think the lb bushwackers(d3) got f'd out of sunday

nxn made it in as the 16th seed with 2 bye's (free 95's) and bushwackers who played thier games was tied for 16th but nxn advanced

in order to correctly award teams a bye score it must be an average of your other scores imo

glad someone else agrees with us. we tried to contest it but dave told our captain that its not nxn's fault that the teams didnt show. it came down to them having more bodies alive than us.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:06 PM #58
kitono

kitono plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_hiiphop View Post
I still think it was quite the accomplishment that we were able to take it all the way to a one on one when we were one man down for all three games in the finals.

edit:
Mind you we were a free agent team!

CCM'd OUTKAST PUMP FST

Last edited by kitono : 11-17-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:15 PM #59
RenegadeLegion4
F8 and be there!-Photomob

has been a member for 10 years
RenegadeLegion4 is a Paintball photographer
RenegadeLegion4 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Brasco View Post
tournaments are made easier to handle with lots of beer and friends. then it maakes it more fun
TRUE! Ex: EVERY XPSL at the Square One Booth!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scpb909 View Post
The parking was free if you got there early but after 9 you have to pay $10.00 for parking and no ins or outs but I bribed the parking attendant with a McDonald cheeseburger and did not have to pay the 10 for parking. Seriously no joke.
Just pretend you are going to the Chargers store or the swapmeet = FREE PARKING!

Here's my quick review:
I couldn't get down there til Sunday. I walk in with my boy Dirty and this lady and this PYT come over to us and ask if we have our wristbands. We say no and they just give us two passes to the grandstands! Turns out that the hot-girl was Jason Bornstein's gf. She was cool as hell and get's mad props for hookin us up!

The layout of vendors/fields/ect was weird to say the least. It took forever to find out how to get to the grand stands, after taking forever to find the main NPPL field.

There were plenty of deals to be had like JT selling "PRO Pants" for $40 and shirts for $5??? Is someone getting out of paintball??? But other than the Rotor... nothing JUMPED out at me.

I hate going to an event and not playing but it's the last event of the year... you gotta see those faces that you probably won't see til 09! In the short time I was there, I was able to say what's up to many of my PB Hommies: Kat Thompson (I <3 Katspix), Kyle Johnson (what beer??), Mike Breto (Raza Fo Life), Ken Tsuda, my boys from Vegas Effect (way to represent!), Mike Mesa, Don Don, the Gangstar Guy (new hommie)! Oh, and can't forget my GIN Kimo and his

I owe you ****er! lol.

Other than the friends and free wristband... this event had an erie feel. There were less vendors. The vendors all said that sales were SLOW! The grandstands were smaller, there was little to no-outside participation... it seemed like an XPSL event. The economy is hurting paintball.

Either way, congrats to all the NPPL teams this year and hope to see you all out there in 09!

-Robbo
Legion MOB : TIL I DIE Feedback
Old 11-17-2008, 06:24 PM #60
got sto??
RAZA

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Brasco View Post
Truth

heart wins tournaments.
CHHHHAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGEEEEERRRRRRRSSSSS

Goldenstatesports.com
razalife.com
Old 11-17-2008, 06:45 PM #61
crazy_hiiphop
No Remose

crazy_hiiphop posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRKc50 View Post
y did you get suspended?
Quote:
OMG you would get suspended... what for?

Ref had stated that I "threw" my gun as I dropped it on accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitono View Post
I still think it was quite the accomplishment that we were able to take it all the way to a one on one when we were one man down for all three games in the finals.

edit:
Mind you we were a free agent team!

2nd Place is nothing to be proud of yet we still did well and gave Critical Wrecking Crew a good challenge with a man down. Ryan wanted me to play that one on one. lol

Would of been better if you and daniel came out with us and ran drills. We would of helped you improve your playing skills. But we had done great at the event. Ref's at the eclipse field was better. hah. They loved us. We were always on time and figured sides, hence made things quick and easy for them.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:52 PM #62
Јon

From someone who only ever goes to events to spectate, I don't think there has been a good socal nppl since 06.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:40 PM #63
<chaco>

Quote:
Wow... you didn't even play and you made a thread saying how ****ty the event was, only to say that it was just dull and not as good as last year. No **** last year's event was better dude, our economy didn't tank last year. I for one think that you FAIL. This event was pretty awesome. What the event lacked this year (the number of vendors & free stuff) was made up for by the amount of quality stuff that was released/unveiled by the vendors there.

edit: the reffing (at least on the eclipse 5-man field) was awesome too.
i for one, think you love it up the ***.....therefore you fail my friend