PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-10-2009, 10:43 PM #85
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
In the bible does it state Adam n Eve were married? I just cannot remember at the moment.
It doesn't say they are, and they weren't ceremoniously married, because the law that told how to marry people was not in existence yet, but marriage of the heart is far more important than the ceremony. If the two hearts are not as one, there's almost no way any marriage can have meaning or life.

Avacado: Yes, I'm sure it does say that. It's simply that I wouldn't. I wouldn't condemn anyone who does think as you do, but simply that I wouldn't.
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2009, 12:09 AM #86
avacado man
It was a Woot shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
In the bible does it state Adam n Eve were married? I just cannot remember at the moment.
In the beginning there was no need for marriage. Adam and Eve were the only two beings, and were perfect. No sin present, no flaws. Hence why they lived in the Garden of Eden. They didn't need to be married, as said above, in a ceremony, because Eve was composed of Adam's rib, so they were bound already. Marriage was a lot different back then either way anyways.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:14 AM #87
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη View Post
It doesn't say they are, and they weren't ceremoniously married, because the law that told how to marry people was not in existence yet, but marriage of the heart is far more important than the ceremony. If the two hearts are not as one, there's almost no way any marriage can have meaning or life.
So.......

That gives quite a different meaning to sex before marriage lol. You can have a marriage of the hearts without the ceremony.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:16 AM #88
avacado man
It was a Woot shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
So.......

That gives quite a different meaning to sex before marriage lol. You can have a marriage of the hearts without the ceremony.
Techincally, yes. A marriage is only a legal "show" that you two are joined together. True marriage, such as Adam and Eve's, is in your heart, as said. A piece of paper doesn't mean you love each other. The sex before marriage situation is debatable in this subject, but it just depends on how you look at it.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:35 AM #89
markcheb
surrender...don't move

Marriage today in a perspective of the bible, is a reflection of what God did with Adam and Eve. It ain't just a heart thing, it is the union of souls in the presence of God. Think about it, if a priest/pastor is supposed to be a representative of God, how much more validity does a marriage have if God himself brings the two together?
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32
markcheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:39 AM #90
Evolocity7
FOOOooOoooOSSSSShhhhhhh

Evolocity7 helped look for balloons
Evolocity7 is playing at Living Legends III
Evolocity7 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Evolocity7 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Didn't read everything in this thread but I thought of something..

What if a blind kid who was blind since birth masturbated? Obviously since he doesn't know what anything looks like he would just be thinking about the feeling of it.

So is that a sin?
Evolocity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:24 AM #91
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcheb View Post
Marriage today in a perspective of the bible, is a reflection of what God did with Adam and Eve. It ain't just a heart thing, it is the union of souls in the presence of God. Think about it, if a priest/pastor is supposed to be a representative of God, how much more validity does a marriage have if God himself brings the two together?
One could argue that you don't need a priest to be in the presence of God.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
Old 02-11-2009, 09:46 AM #92
markcheb
surrender...don't move

True. Omnipresence - it's everywhere.
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32
markcheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:05 AM #93
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcheb View Post
True. Omnipresence - it's everywhere.
Hey so is my god! Maybe they can have a playdate? Give me a call I think they'd just be precious together. Mine can't eat peanut butter though so if it's at your place just make sure he keeps away from that.
#12 Italian Baller
-Václav Havel
Old 02-11-2009, 05:20 PM #94
squeaky
INFAMY FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
Are you seriously proselytizing to me right now? My point was that it's illogical, nothing more. You're the one making a big deal out of it. Take your preaching elsewhere. If you can't debate, you don't belong here.

never said I couldnt debate. Said dont care to. But no thanks I think I will stay.
God our creator loves mankind very very much. He sent Jesus the Christ to die for our sins so we do not have to face an eternal future without him lost forever. Our sins remain upon us so long as we continue to reject Him. There is No True Peace without Christ, who is the Salvation of God. Try Him and see.
Christianity is not a "Religion" about Jesus Christ but a relationship with Jesus the Christ
squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:36 PM #95
Super$teve
To Protect And Serve

if you dont think about anything while your wacking it, then i dont think its a sin, but if you make it into an addiction to masturbate then its not right.
Super$teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:16 PM #96
squeaky
INFAMY FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super$teve View Post
if you dont think about anything while your wacking it, then i dont think its a sin, but if you make it into an addiction to masturbate then its not right.
i could agree with that outlook. My thing is for me personally Id rather know what exactly the Lord says and feels about it then go on my own reasoning with it. (know what i mean kinda?) Just to be on safe side .

But I dont know if I buy not thinking about anyone while your uh (yanking the chain shall we say) It just doesnt seem likely. More than likely one would be thinking of a person theyd like to do or have done or what have you.

Than simply thinking of green pastures and tall meadows hehehehe.

Would you agree?
God our creator loves mankind very very much. He sent Jesus the Christ to die for our sins so we do not have to face an eternal future without him lost forever. Our sins remain upon us so long as we continue to reject Him. There is No True Peace without Christ, who is the Salvation of God. Try Him and see.
Christianity is not a "Religion" about Jesus Christ but a relationship with Jesus the Christ
Old 03-03-2009, 06:53 PM #97
squeaky
INFAMY FOREVER

to reply to question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolocity7 View Post
Didn't read everything in this thread but I thought of something..

What if a blind kid who was blind since birth masturbated? Obviously since he doesn't know what anything looks like he would just be thinking about the feeling of it.

So is that a sin?
Thats a good question. I dont claim to know the answer to that exactly, but I will try to answer itthe best I can.

Its more about pleasure in the flesh thing kinda. The problem in it has to do with satisfying our flesh which typically is outside the context of how God ordained things to be. "The flesh" has no regard to the laws of God. It is described in the Bible as "desperately wicked" (referring to the heart specifically i.e your mind) so it desires satisfaction on its own terms and Only what satisfies it.

Thus the daily struggle of one who is "Born Again" and what that persons flesh wants. And it is our "Senses" that are the avenues or antennas that the Flesh uses. Our eyes being only just one of them. The Bible says that "The Spirit is Willing (meaning willing to adhere to God Will) but the Flesh is Weak."

Of course it also doesnt help that there is also outside influence as well to cheer the flesh on.

There is a reason God said "Flesh and blood cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

Hope that Helps some broski.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:15 AM #98
Dyouredgeco1
eat a peach

mary was a virgin, so how else did he get it out?
macdev cyborg #0433
Dyouredgeco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:33 AM #99
halofreak4t5 (Banned)

Yes because that is lust.

The end.
halofreak4t5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:36 AM #100
halofreak4t5 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyouredgeco1 View Post
mary was a virgin, so how else did he get it out?
Tell me if I am wrong here. But back in the Bible days in order to become officially married didn't you have to have sex with your spouse? I heard from some source that back then having sex was basically like tying the final bind, and marriage was a legal form of "joining together" but until sex you really weren't considered married. If this is true then that means that the Virgin Mary either A) Wasn't a virgin at all, or B) She was never married to Joseph truly.

Either way the Bible contradicts itself.
If what was stated is true mind you.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:44 AM #101
IoNxRoCkEr
Voice of the Soul

Annual Supporting Member
IoNxRoCkEr is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
IoNxRoCkEr is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by halofreak4t5 View Post
Tell me if I am wrong here. But back in the Bible days in order to become officially married didn't you have to have sex with your spouse? I heard from some source that back then having sex was basically like tying the final bind, and marriage was a legal form of "joining together" but until sex you really weren't considered married. If this is true then that means that the Virgin Mary either A) Wasn't a virgin at all, or B) She was never married to Joseph truly.

Either way the Bible contradicts itself.
If what was stated is true mind you.
No,Jesus more than likely had brothers. Its a matter of whether brethern is brothers or close friends in certain instances.

John 2:12

"After this He went down to Capernaum, He, and His Mother, and His Brethren, and His disciples: and they continued there not many days."

Galatians 1:19

"But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother."

Matthew 13:55

"Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?"

Matthew 27:56

"Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee's children."

Mark 6:3

"Is not this the carpenter, the Son of Mary, the Brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him."
Old 03-20-2009, 09:38 AM #102
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
the brothers of Jesus "controversy" will linger forever, I am afraid... the RC see those verses as the Greek being vague in understanding and the word for brother could be family as in cousin (since they Believe that the Yeshua/Immanuel is an only child and that Mary is sinless and that she is a perpetual virgin). and so they use that to make the scripture mean what they need in order to back up their traditional approach. no offense intended to my RC brothers and sisters, but that is my studied understanding.

And, as I have mentioned before - yes, I personally believe that it is lustful, but it may not be. so to say flat out that in all cases, and in every circumstance that it is sin, because it is always lust is an incorrect assumption, in my opinion.
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:20 PM #103
shortguydave

i honestly think masturbation is the most trivial issue for the church to have a negative stance on. it does little to no damage to the individual and the negative stance isolates so many people, especially teenagers who are starting to more fully discover his/her faith.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:44 AM #104
PBballa8536
Purdue

PBballa8536 plays in the PSP
PBballa8536 is an NCPA player
PBballa8536 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortguydave View Post
i honestly think masturbation is the most trivial issue for the church to have a negative stance on. it does little to no damage to the individual and the negative stance isolates so many people, especially teenagers who are starting to more fully discover his/her faith.
its not really a matter of standing against. Its not like the church is picking its battles its just trying to portray the truth.

1 Peter 2:11
1 Corinthians 6:18-19
Ephesians 5:3

IMO those verses lead me to believe that masturbation would be wrong
PBballa8536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:04 AM #105
halofreak4t5 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IoNxRoCkEr View Post
No,Jesus more than likely had brothers. Its a matter of whether brethern is brothers or close friends in certain instances.

John 2:12

"After this He went down to Capernaum, He, and His Mother, and His Brethren, and His disciples: and they continued there not many days."

Galatians 1:19

"But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother."

Matthew 13:55

"Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?"

Matthew 27:56

"Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee's children."

Mark 6:3

"Is not this the carpenter, the Son of Mary, the Brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him."
So now that's more evidence suggesting she was not a virgin. If this is the case, then the Bible lied to us. If that is the case then what's not say the entire Bible is bull****.