Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2008, 03:26 PM #1
Bloodredsoccer
broke student
 
Bloodredsoccer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
From a Christian perspective is Masturbating a Sin?

LOL!
GO!


info:
From a Christian perspective is masturbating a sin?

If you think it is a sin because it causes you to think about bad stuff in your head:

If you could not think about bad things while you did it would it still be a sin?

I didn't make it a poll because I want a discussion..


LOL and GO
__________________
Silver WAS Predator Impulse and parts
Originally posted by J. Thompson #5150:
My house payment is less. My car payment is half that. My car insurance doesn't cost that much for the entire year. My motorcycle cost me less than half that. A hooker in Vegas costs less than that, and the headband doesn't even get me OFF!!!
Bloodredsoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2008, 03:27 PM #2
hsilman
Disgustipated
 
hsilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Big Apple
google onanism. there's the most likely response. though like much else in the bible, i believe it is up to interpretation.
__________________
This is necessary. Life feeds on life
feeds on life
feeds on life
hsilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:31 PM #3
Bloodredsoccer
broke student
 
Bloodredsoccer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
google onanism. there's the most likely response. though like much else in the bible, i believe it is up to interpretation.
i've had some discussions with alot of christians on this one, i just wanted to see pbn's christians talk about it.
I know where I stand

thanks though!
__________________
Silver WAS Predator Impulse and parts
Originally posted by J. Thompson #5150:
My house payment is less. My car payment is half that. My car insurance doesn't cost that much for the entire year. My motorcycle cost me less than half that. A hooker in Vegas costs less than that, and the headband doesn't even get me OFF!!!
Bloodredsoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:22 PM #4
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
no.
the act in and of itself is not. the context of the onan scriptures is that he did not fulfill the law necessity of his brothers wife. it was NOT about fapping.

with that said, the issue is that the NT teaches that looking at a woman with lust, is as though you had committed the deed (essentially, and withot quoting/commentary of the scriptural reference).

I wonder how many fap-threads we have had in the past on this forum.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:57 PM #5
Bloodredsoccer
broke student
 
Bloodredsoccer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
no.
the act in and of itself is not. the context of the onan scriptures is that he did not fulfill the law necessity of his brothers wife. it was NOT about fapping.

with that said, the issue is that the NT teaches that looking at a woman with lust, is as though you had committed the deed (essentially, and withot quoting/commentary of the scriptural reference).

I wonder how many fap-threads we have had in the past on this forum.
in R/P?

and im pretty sure i knew youd take this stance
im still waiting for others to chime in

thats your Q all
__________________
Silver WAS Predator Impulse and parts
Originally posted by J. Thompson #5150:
My house payment is less. My car payment is half that. My car insurance doesn't cost that much for the entire year. My motorcycle cost me less than half that. A hooker in Vegas costs less than that, and the headband doesn't even get me OFF!!!
Bloodredsoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 06:21 PM #6
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
okay - sorry, the last one was earlier this year. the topics are pretty cyclic in here:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2500848
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:34 PM #7
Bloodredsoccer
broke student
 
Bloodredsoccer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
okay - sorry, the last one was earlier this year. the topics are pretty cyclic in here:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2500848
hey sorry for coming off as negative to your opinion, i mean i still wanted it because well your rambo preacher...
but yeah thanks, shoulda searched before making this one


edit: I looked at the previous threads on "fap" and found them hugely funny and to an extant interesting to see what people are thinking.


I guess the better question is: if you are straight to the core is it possible not to think lustfully while fapping?
__________________
Silver WAS Predator Impulse and parts
Originally posted by J. Thompson #5150:
My house payment is less. My car payment is half that. My car insurance doesn't cost that much for the entire year. My motorcycle cost me less than half that. A hooker in Vegas costs less than that, and the headband doesn't even get me OFF!!!

Last edited by Bloodredsoccer : 11-16-2008 at 07:41 PM.
Bloodredsoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:24 PM #8
captshorty7
Jason Kohout
 
captshorty7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: VA
captshorty7 plays in the PSP
captshorty7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
captshorty7 supports Team VICIOUS
captshorty7 is an NCPA player
captshorty7 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
i dont think that it possible to not think about a woman lustfully while flapping
__________________
SEC Class A director
www.lupaintball.com
Christ Krew
Rusty Glaze fan club #7!!
captshorty7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:25 PM #9
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by captshorty7 View Post
i dont think that it possible to not think about a woman lustfully while flapping
I don't either. however, I will not say that it is impossible.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:39 PM #10
Bloodredsoccer
broke student
 
Bloodredsoccer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
everything is possible through Jesus Christ
but how that applies to fapping idno lol
um
i guess if you have never known that women have ever existed and somehow found out you could jerk off then that would be very interesting in a no homo way
__________________
Silver WAS Predator Impulse and parts
Originally posted by J. Thompson #5150:
My house payment is less. My car payment is half that. My car insurance doesn't cost that much for the entire year. My motorcycle cost me less than half that. A hooker in Vegas costs less than that, and the headband doesn't even get me OFF!!!
Bloodredsoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:05 PM #11
captshorty7
Jason Kohout
 
captshorty7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: VA
captshorty7 plays in the PSP
captshorty7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
captshorty7 supports Team VICIOUS
captshorty7 is an NCPA player
captshorty7 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodredsoccer View Post
everything is possible through Jesus Christ
but how that applies to fapping idno lol
um
i guess if you have never known that women have ever existed and somehow found out you could jerk off then that would be very interesting in a no homo way
whats the reason though?
__________________
SEC Class A director
www.lupaintball.com
Christ Krew
Rusty Glaze fan club #7!!
captshorty7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:13 PM #12
Pwned6911
Erin Go Bragh
 
Pwned6911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
When I used to fap, I would just get random boners and just go at it while watching tv, didn't even think about girls. It just felt good so I was like, "W/e"
__________________
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Pwned6911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:34 PM #13
mike m
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: torrance
mike m plays in the PSP
mike m plays in the APPA D5 division
to much info.........
mike m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:35 PM #14
Pwned6911
Erin Go Bragh
 
Pwned6911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike m View Post
to much info.........
Lol, my apologies.
__________________
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Pwned6911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:55 PM #15
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwned6911 View Post
When I used to fap, I would just get random boners and just go at it while watching tv, didn't even think about girls. It just felt good so I was like, "W/e"
Dude I totally do that too! :hi5:

Sometimes, when I have nothing to do with my hands, like when watching tv, I'll just start fapping around down there. I usually don't even get hard. It's like silly putty, just something to play with.

I love being male.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:03 AM #16
No-Arms-Duck (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
If it's like a kid does it by accident and it's his first time and he doesn't know what's going on, I'd say no. If it's like looking at porn or thinking about someone and beating off then I'd say yes, but it's a mild venial sin.

But even in the second instance, it's mild. I'm a pretty good Catholic, and I swear a lot, and I know other Catholics like this. I consider this similar to another venial sin like masturbating, or lying. In the strictest sense, lying is a sin, but we all do it at some point. It's just one of those things that you end up saying at nearly every confession you make, along with swearing and masturbating, depending on the person
No-Arms-Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:38 AM #17
EY3
one love
 
EY3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: location, location.
killing cells that you yourself created.

nope.
__________________
رایم برای من مراجعت کنید
EY3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:45 AM #18
halofreak4t5 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 813
Lust is a sin.
halofreak4t5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:46 AM #19
halofreak4t5 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Arms-Duck View Post
If it's like a kid does it by accident and it's his first time and he doesn't know what's going on, I'd say no. If it's like looking at porn or thinking about someone and beating off then I'd say yes, but it's a mild venial sin.

But even in the second instance, it's mild. I'm a pretty good Catholic, and I swear a lot, and I know other Catholics like this. I consider this similar to another venial sin like masturbating, or lying. In the strictest sense, lying is a sin, but we all do it at some point. It's just one of those things that you end up saying at nearly every confession you make, along with swearing and masturbating, depending on the person
Mild sin? Are you kidding. Sin is sin, from murder to cursing. There is no level of sin. God views all sins the same, not one "better" than the other.
halofreak4t5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:47 AM #20
hsilman
Disgustipated
 
hsilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Big Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
Dude I totally do that too! :hi5:

Sometimes, when I have nothing to do with my hands, like when watching tv, I'll just start fapping around down there. I usually don't even get hard. It's like silly putty, just something to play with.

I love being male.
the blood kind of drained from my face when I read this. thanks, derr.
__________________
This is necessary. Life feeds on life
feeds on life
feeds on life
hsilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:09 PM #21
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
No prob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halofreak4t5 View Post
Mild sin? Are you kidding. Sin is sin, from murder to cursing. There is no level of sin. God views all sins the same, not one "better" than the other.
Lol, this is so wrong. By this logic, casually stroking your member while watching Pink's new music video is the equivalent to eviscerating and dismembering an entire family while making the children watch until you finally decapitate the parents and flay the children alive… and then defile every orifice of the dead bodies. Somehow, I doubt the validity of this claim.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump