PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-14-2008, 05:14 PM #22
EGOed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE_weasel7 View Post
Those tanks are sick!! Are those pneumatic or combustion cannons?
The main cannons on the tanks are pnuematic......The valves that fire them are 1.5" ported pulse valves....They are similar to a sprinkler valve but much faster opening and far more powerfull since they have a higher flow coeficient and double diaphrams.... cannons have aluminum air chambers with a continuous air source regulated down to 50 psi....yeilding 180 fps velocity with a Nerf rocket.......I could easily exceed 400 fps with these cannons using high pressure but only play around with them this way when no one is at the field.......lol.
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2008, 05:44 PM #23
EGOed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyT View Post
You better up the armor plating. Tack and I enjoy putting nerf rounds through the wood at point blank : P

and speaking of point blank, that welt from Hue is STILL THERE you cheap-shotting-dead-tank-full-auto-ion-b@st@rd!!!!
Geeez Benny,... Its only one little welt that hopefully only your girlfriend see's......Besides ,you must have had over 40 welts on one fore arm during "Operation Mindcrime" .....Just for you I will combine 2 Quotes from your favorite Swartzenager movies ....."Stop your whining and get to the choppa "....lol

Last edited by EGOed : 11-14-2008 at 05:53 PM.
EGOed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:07 AM #24
vargg

u guys are usin nerfs now?? sweet. any of these games gonna be of the 2 day variety?? just such a hike for msb for a 1 day game. especially if we bring the tank. id love to play that field again. i dig the vietnam style games. battle of hue was a blast
Old 11-19-2008, 05:52 PM #25
EGOed

Hey Vargg , Dont know about any 2-day events yet but we will think about it for next year....Yeah I think we have a few pics of your tank also in the "Hue" game photos.....Ive been looking for alternative foam rockets that can be bought in large quantities cause NERFs just arent widely available anymore...The small quantities that are available are way overpriced anyway......Im basically making my own foam rockets that work pretty well so far .
Old 01-04-2009, 10:01 PM #26
JJohnson2007
Flinging paint at .1 bps

Nice! Are those Ions you have in there for guns?
JJohnson2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:15 PM #27
EGOed

Yes , we use the ions in the gun mounts but you can pretty much put any gun in the swivel mount if needed since it clamps around the feed neck.......Some of the tanks gunners prefer to use their personal guns in the tank as well ( EGO's,DM's, etc)
Old 01-09-2009, 10:06 PM #28
Rob66
youtube.com/shootinstuff

Rob66 posts videos on PbNation
Rob66 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Rob66 is Legendary
Rob66 supports Empire
the nicest compact tanks i ahve ever seen, srsly. love the fact that the top folds up

edit: read the post above mine and that is a good way to hold the gun idk how it would hold though when moving it around
Rob66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:26 PM #29
squeegy8888

so awesome
squeegy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:59 PM #30
gyro09

How much did it cost for all the materials and what did you use?
gyro09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:09 PM #31
lukster14
"CupCake"

check on e-bay for the nerf rockets, or just type in the size into the search area. i think i remember there being someone on there who is still producing them in decent quantity. though, if you go through 100 at a time, i'm not sure they produce them that cheaply, worth a try though
"Lemmaximus Giganticus" #999
I'm "cupcake" the 300 pound ghillie guy
"LOOK OUT, Its Sasquach... oh wait no, its just a fat guy in ghillie" ion 08
"Hmmm angry happy faces... is that supposed to be a contradiction or somthing???"
Proud owner of palmer superstocker PS137, and one of the 1 of 5 "happy" etec2's
and an 08 stars and striped ego
http://www.pbnation.com/feedbackdeta...34418&u=416763 feedback
lukster14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:22 AM #32
EGOed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob66 View Post
the nicest compact tanks i ahve ever seen, srsly. love the fact that the top folds up

edit: read the post above mine and that is a good way to hold the gun idk how it would hold though when moving it around
......Thanks for all the great comments .... in order to design the tanks in this way , I had to use very light weight materials so you could raise the whole tank body up on a hinge to get in and out.....Unfortunately the materials used for the armor must also be very strong to withstand a point blank cannon shot from an enemy tank....The plastic sheeting (Lexan) I used for the armor is very expensive but I wanted the bodies to be very lightweight as opposed to plywood or other heavier materials....The frames are made from PVC pipe which is also fairly light weight......So far the bodies have held up extremely well and all the swivel machinegun and cannon mounts work perfectly under very rough battlefield conditions.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:41 PM #33
vargg

i hear talk of u bringin the tanks to westpoint?
Old 01-17-2009, 08:58 AM #34
EGOed

Yeah Varg , there is a chance I may be bringing them to West Point.....Depends on whether I can get the weekend off from work or not.....Unfortunately , we may be facing off against each other since our area teams (518th) have decided to go Allied for the game.....BennyT's been trying to get me to defect to the Germans so I can run with you guys , but I dont think its gonna happen this game.....Either way it will be a blast .
Old 01-18-2009, 06:10 PM #35
MattyLAW
TrashTalk Paintball

MattyLAW plays in the PSP
MattyLAW owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
MattyLAW plays in the APPA D4 division
Ed, you'll get strung up....LOL

518th....F*ck Yeah!
Tri-City Legends - PSP
Albany's 518th Brigade

518, Kill WHO?
MattyLAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:01 PM #36
EGOed

LOL ....I know Matty......its Allied or nuthin for me.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:50 PM #37
thehebrewhammer137
Aint so funny meow is it?

Ok, it looks as if you really know what your doing, so im going to ask you, I've been playing senario for a while now, and i play around with potato cannons a lot, so it was only a matter of time before i started building LAW's.
Now, coincidentally, i aquired a broken 600 grizzly quad that i fixed up this summer and so i've been thinking about putting the two together! I was wondering what you would suggest for building the frame/shell. im assuming you used pvc? and is the siding plywood? finally, our of curiousity, where did you find those pulse valves, and what did they run you?
thanks so much

Advanced Tactical Systems (ATS) guns...you've never hear of them, but they're where its at.

-No, You're talking to my guy all wrong. Its the wrong tone. You do it again, and il stab you in the face with a soldering iron.
GSK #96
thehebrewhammer137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:28 PM #38
EGOed

Yeah , I made the frame out of 1.25" PVC and used Lexan and netting to cover the frame.....Lexan is expensive but I needed something very light weight so the body could be easily lifted to get in and out of the tank....The next one I build will probably have fibreglass armor instead of Lexan.......I found the Pulse valves on Ebay.....I contacted the seller and they agreed to sell me 1.5" pulse valves for $20 each if I bought 8 of them....They usually run $90 a piece so I couldnt pass up that deal , and I will use them all for my fields cannons......Your 600 grizzly should make a great platform for a tank....good luck and send me some pics when its finished.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:39 PM #39
thehebrewhammer137

Thanks so much man, iv got the breech to the cannon constructed, its a 1 1/2in barrel, magazine fed, semi-auto, pneumatically operated, electronically controlled launcher...unfortunatly iv come to a stand still when it comes to the valve=[ sure you wana keep allllllllll 8 of them? =]

Advanced Tactical Systems (ATS) guns...you've never hear of them, but they're where its at.

-No, You're talking to my guy all wrong. Its the wrong tone. You do it again, and il stab you in the face with a soldering iron.
GSK #96
Old 03-16-2009, 12:02 AM #40
BennyT
Oderint dum metuant

Dear Ed....

I know you won't give up and you'll fight to the bitter end... but do you really want to do that for cookies?
I mean, defecting to the winning team makes SENSE... its something a logical, smart, ballsy man like yourself should consider. You can bring the 518th with you if they so scared of you leaving...

West Point MVT 08|Paras Pelaaja, Finland 08|HN Red Dawn MVP 09|West Point MVP 09| MasterBlaster & Assault Ribbon, Kilsbergsbataljen #8|Viper Extravaganza EMR 10, MOFO

SPbTV.AC Uppsala.Wizeguy

Proud and northernmost member of the 518
BennyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:07 AM #41
EGOed

LOL .....Benny , Benny, Benny......You know I would love to join you and my ERSA brothers on the German side at West Point , but I am a fierce competitor and decided to play for the underdogs and hopefully I can help even out the odds a little for the Allies with my Tanks......Its going to be a great game and I cant wait to see all you guys again....see you soon

thebrewhammer , ....Yeah I think I will keep the 5 pulse valves that I have left , since I already have plans for them , but I will keep my eyes open for one and keep you in mind if I find one......Good luck with your cannon
Old 03-16-2009, 01:24 PM #42
thehebrewhammer137

fair enough, thanks so much man

GSK #96